Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 07-06-2019, 9:40 AM

Default Doing my part to give the finger to ca.

As of this week, I will no longer do any business with anyone in Ca unless it is absolutely necessary.
I will still buy fuel, food, etc. basic needs.
Anything and everything else I will purchase out of state. Nevada is two hours away.
My wife and I have planned to buy a new vehicle.
We are waiting until we get ready to move to Idaho. At that time we will purchase the vehicle in Idaho.
My purpose, not give komifornia any more of my money than needed.
I strongly suggest everyone else follow this line of thinking.
There are work arounds. The internet, driving over to the next state exc.
You really want to hurt anyone?
Hit them in the pocketbook.
Old 07-06-2019, 10:09 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Hmm. I might have to consider this strategy myself. Why feed the beast?

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Senator Barry Goldwater
Old 07-06-2019, 10:14 AM

Kudos to you! There is something obviously wrong with how CA government is running this state!

Quote:
Welfare in California

34%

Of the nation’s welfare recipients live in California but only

12%

of the U.S. population resides here.

How we compare

California is third among states in per-capita spending on welfare:

$179

New York leads the nation:

$256

Idaho is at the bottom:

$17
https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...htmlstory.html its from 2012, but you get the idea
Old 07-06-2019, 10:33 AM

I don't think your going to have any effect until you move out.
Old 07-06-2019, 10:40 AM
Calguns Addict

Because you dont have the balls to actually participate in real civil disobedience. LOL

"“[S]cientific proof” of both gun-rights and gun-control theories “is very hard to get”; therefore, requiring “some substantial scientific proof to show that a [firearm] law will indeed substantially reduce crime and injury” is tantamount to applying strict scrutiny to, and almost certainly will lead to invalidation of, the law." - Kamala Harris

Lawyers and their Stockholm Syndrome
Old 07-06-2019, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisfong View Post
Because you dont have the balls to actually participate in real civil disobedience. LOL

I believe that is a team sport
Old 07-06-2019, 10:46 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3453 View Post
I believe that is a team sport
So are boycotts, except those that participate in them do not take on any personal risk whatsoever.

"“[S]cientific proof” of both gun-rights and gun-control theories “is very hard to get”; therefore, requiring “some substantial scientific proof to show that a [firearm] law will indeed substantially reduce crime and injury” is tantamount to applying strict scrutiny to, and almost certainly will lead to invalidation of, the law." - Kamala Harris

Old 07-06-2019, 11:11 AM
Calguns Addict

Leaving is part of the plan.

Staying is part of the problem.
John 3:16

NRA,,, Lifer

United Air Epic Fail Video ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99Q7pNAjvg
Old 07-06-2019, 11:55 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
In Gene Sharp's book "From Dictatorship to Democracy," a handbook for regime change, there are dozens of different time-test strategies and tactics required for a successful revolution.

There are many categories, from active to passive resistance and economic to cultural to symbolic resistance (such as the student standing in front of the tank in Tiananmen Square).

Thing is, in order to succeed, nearly every one of these tactics and strategies has to be employed. There is no one-hit-kill tactic that works all by itself, and making fun of people who choose one tactic or strategy over another is self-defeating.

This is indeed a team sport, but we must use ALL the tactics, from those that involve high personal risk to those that don't.
Old 07-06-2019, 1:01 PM
Calguns Addict

I know that when I left CA and when any one else leaves CA that CA isn't impacted negatively and CA simply doesn't care. They will rapidly be replaced by out of state Democrat oriented millennials moving into CA seeking jobs and a better life for them and sanctuary residents as well. More come in than go out. The only ones who benefit are CA and the ones that leave for other states.. A win win so to say....
Old 07-06-2019, 1:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgone View Post
As of this week, I will no longer do any business with anyone in Ca unless it is absolutely necessary.
Anything and everything else I will purchase out of state. Nevada is two hours away.
We are waiting until we get ready to move to Idaho. At that time we will purchase the vehicle in Idaho.
Great we'll be hit with even higher taxes to make up for the shortfall you and your ilk will cause. Thanks a lot buddy. I'm sure you won't give a **** from Idaho.
Old 07-06-2019, 2:41 PM

I most certainly will.
I’ve simply had enough.
My vote does not count here as n comifornia.
I have no voice here.
So, off to free America where my voice will be heard, my vote counts and others appreciate my contributions to society.
Will the last patriotic American leaving komifornia please bring the flag with you.
Old 07-06-2019, 2:45 PM

Oh, you will pay higher taxes to pay for the train to no where. To enforce the evil straw ban, to pay for illegal aliens bringing diseases, crime etc.
That’s why you will pay higher taxes. Not because I have made a choice to abandon ship as it is sinking.
I’m heading for dry land and I highly recommend you all do the same.
Komifornia is lost. Nothing will bring it back.
Old 07-06-2019, 2:46 PM
Git-R-Done
CGN Contributor

Kudos, and flip the bird to Sac on the way out
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassCase View Post
I only buy fireworks from Three Finger Willie over at One Eyed Jack's Fireworks.
iTrader

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1884858
Old 07-06-2019, 2:50 PM

Will do sir. Happy to give Sacramento the bird.
Old 07-06-2019, 6:13 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco75a View Post
Great we'll be hit with even higher taxes to make up for the shortfall you and your ilk will cause. Thanks a lot buddy. I'm sure you won't give a **** from Idaho.
You'll be hit with even higher taxes given the shortfall voting for Republicans.

In Idaho, conservative Republicans dominate, so obviously, no shats are given, nor even thought of.

Quote:
Nor apparently does anyone else. The overwhelming choice on Calguns is to continue to stew in your own juice, biatching about how firearms laws get more restrictive every session.

Quote:
Will do sir. Happy to give Sacramento the bird.
We did it as a family 30 years ago...no regrets whatsoever.

Life's journey is not to arrive safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy schit...what a ride"!!

Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain

A man's soul can be judged by the way he treats his dog. Charles Doran

Last edited by -hanko; 07-06-2019 at 6:19 PM..
Old 07-06-2019, 6:45 PM
Calguns Addict

Good luck with that. You will still end up paying sales tax on item's purchased on the internet, (see South Dakota Vs Wayfair) Calif jumped on that band wagon real quick. You will still pay income tax, as well as the highest gas tax in the nation.

So while your thought is a noble one, you end up being more like Don Quixote charging windmill's, in other words a futile attempt.
Old 07-06-2019, 9:32 PM
Veteran Member

My way is simple: a Prop-13 protected (1975) rental generates income that goes out of state, while enjoying very low property taxes collected by the proletariat.
There are other ways, such as non-California vehicle license (a matching DL goes a long way to "legitimize" such), major purchases in Nevada or Washington, etc. Some are more symbolic: bringing back non-CARB powered equipment; plumbing fixtures that actually work; wood-burning stoves; gasoline cans that actually work; lawn darts, and when visiting Malibu (or God forbid Santa Monica) a few boxes of plastic drinking straws to hand out to others in restaurants.
Basically, anything to go against the grain of the Nanny State and all the Snowflake ideas and policies.
Old 07-06-2019, 9:46 PM

15yrs ago kamifornia state employees were on furloughs because the state was broke. people with money are leaving and the kind of idiots running it, history will repeat itself.
Old 07-06-2019, 9:59 PM

I’m only buying the bare necessities until I exit this god forsaken hell hole.
Yes, I get it. I will be taxed on items I purchase on the internet.
It worth the extra tip me and money it will take to make a Nevada trim once a month. Other than that I’m really not going to give any more than I absolutely have to to this state.
Old 07-06-2019, 10:15 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Best of luck to you.
It's a whole new world outside the PRK.
Old 07-06-2019, 10:34 PM
Calguns Addict

Not for long.

Old 07-07-2019, 1:54 AM

Quote:
Oh, you will pay higher taxes to pay for the train to no where. To enforce the evil straw ban, to pay for illegal aliens bringing diseases, crime etc.

That’s why you will pay higher taxes. Not because I have made a choice to abandon ship as it is sinking.

I’m heading for dry land and I highly recommend you all do the same.

Komifornia is lost. Nothing will bring it back.

You are correct and I am also moving to Idaho as soon as possible. My daughter and her family are already there. We visited them 6 months ago and we loved it. Little town called Payette on the border with Oregon. **** California. So many rude people, bad drivers, gangs, homeless, flat out criminals. SoCal has become the epitome or the “rats in a cage” syndrome and it’s going to get worse. Our vote doesn’t count, high taxes, illegals who should have never stepped foot in this country killing our citizens. You name something bad and CA. has it. Oh yeah the weather is nice and there is the beach and the mountains......NOT worth it.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-07-2019, 8:02 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Ive been noticing more high end newer luxury cars with out of state plates. It could be these people are visiting, or part time residents. Regardless new expensive vehicles not bought or registered here, deprive the state lots of revenue.

Now if we are successful at hurting California ? Won't these very ignorant and maybe stupid democrats re- locate to another state for work or even welfare if they incapable of holding a job?

Just thinking maybe we should consider getting every democrat to move here.

We are working on re-location as well and expect by Jan2020 we will be voting in a REDSTATE for liberty !

Last edited by ja308; 07-07-2019 at 10:03 AM..
Old 07-07-2019, 8:41 AM

Something about a door and a butt.
Old 07-07-2019, 8:43 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psun786 View Post
Kudos to you! There is something obviously wrong with how CA government is running this state!

Quote:
Welfare in California

34%

Of the nation’s welfare recipients live in California but only

12%

of the U.S. population resides here.

How we compare

California is third among states in per-capita spending on welfare:

$179

New York leads the nation:

$256

Idaho is at the bottom:

$17
https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...htmlstory.html its from 2012, but you get the idea
Well according to voters the state is being run just how they like it.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 07-07-2019, 8:50 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja308 View Post
Ive been noticing more high end newer luxury cars with out of state plates. It could be these people are visiting, or part time residents. Regardless new expensive vehicles not bought or registered here, deprive the state of its of lots of revenue.

I see that as well. Been an idea of mine for while. old roommate moved out of state.

Now if we are successful at hurting California ? Won't these very ignorant and maybe stupid democrats re- locate to another state for work or even welfare if they incapable of holding a job?

This state is already hurting with the unfunded pension liabilities that is at an estimated 1.5 trillion dollars.

They've been coming here in droves since the early 90s'. That's when the state started to go hash brown now it's burnt hash brown.

We are working on re-location as well and expect by Jan2020 we will be voting in a REDSTATE for liberty !
My comments in bold.

I'm trying to make it to retirement in 8.5 years and I'm gone. If/when Prop 13 falls I'll be selling my house and outta here.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.

Last edited by chris; 07-07-2019 at 8:57 AM..
Old 07-07-2019, 8:57 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchang0 View Post
In Gene Sharp's book "From Dictatorship to Democracy," a handbook for regime change, there are dozens of different time-test strategies and tactics required for a successful revolution.

There are many categories, from active to passive resistance and economic to cultural to symbolic resistance (such as the student standing in front of the tank in Tiananmen Square).

Thing is, in order to succeed, nearly every one of these tactics and strategies has to be employed. There is no one-hit-kill tactic that works all by itself, and making fun of people who choose one tactic or strategy over another is self-defeating.

This is indeed a team sport, but we must use ALL the tactics, from those that involve high personal risk to those that don't.
I believe the correct. word in this case is restoration! The revolution has already taken place in lots of American cities and states !

So will these tactics work to restore our system of constitutionally guaranteed rights ?
Will it hurt the revolutionaries ,who have opened our borders to foreign invasion, restricted our speech, attacked our gun rights ,belittled our faiths ,created laws protecting infanticide ,ignored our own war for Independence, and have made a mockery of American greatness and justice?

Fortunately these democrat revolutionaries have currently only 18 states to their credit, while we republicans have 32 ! Nice to know for those wanting to consolidate powers in free states have lots of choices are available!

Last edited by ja308; 07-07-2019 at 9:06 AM..
Old 07-07-2019, 9:00 AM
I need a LIFE!!

My official registered name with the CA DMV is "Newsome Sucks".
Old 07-07-2019, 9:08 AM
Calguns Addict

Default I can’t see prop 13 surviving a one party state

Too much free money to be generated by over riding that law.

I want to be out before that happens.
Old 07-07-2019, 9:41 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:

That's a valid point. The problem is even lefties are fleeing the state for red states. Which makes them hypocrites of the first order. Like rats fleeing a ship, even they recognize Kalifornia is sinking.

Sadly, they don't change their thinking or voting when they move to a free state. Because that would require them to admit they were wrong about everything they believe in. And that just can't be.

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Senator Barry Goldwater
Old 07-07-2019, 9:54 AM

Quote:
Ive been noticing more high end newer luxury cars with out of state plates. It could be these people are visiting, or part time residents. Regardless new expensive vehicles not bought or registered here, deprive the state of its of lots of revenue.
Not sure how high end you are referring to here but there is gazillion ways for the super rich to legally "evade" taxes. I wouldn't be surprised if Romney or President Trump paid a less tax rate % than me. No pun intended because they are probably still paying way more than me.
Old 07-07-2019, 6:31 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyblonde View Post
Something about a door and a butt.
Exactly correct philosophy, because the California democrat party plan is to drive out Republicans .

While this might seem like a move to create Utopia. The reality could be quite a bit different.
Some problems that might occur would be those replacing working and or affluent republicans could be deadbeats from others states.

Of course California state government loves Illegal immigrants and they will also need extra resources and the minority MS13 types will wreak evermore havoc on a population they know are disarmed. See John Lott (more guns equal less crime)

Many republicans who have left this state had savings and brokerage accounts that also get moved. That could cause a shortage of capital for new construction, lending,etc.

All in all I agree with the democrats that say " Dont let the door hit you on the way out."

That is the beauty of our Country . One can leave behind a government that hates you. Then move to a place that appreciates hard working tax paying, church going affluent Republican gun owners.

So as you wisely advised, we will not let the door hit us on the way out. Some of us will be doing the legal speed limit of 85MPH

Last edited by ja308; 07-07-2019 at 6:34 PM..
Old 07-07-2019, 6:41 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psun786 View Post
Not sure how high end you are referring to here but there is gazillion ways for the super rich to legally "evade" taxes. I wouldn't be surprised if Romney or President Trump paid a less tax rate % than me. No pun intended because they are probably still paying way more than me.
Nearly all the super rich are "dyed in the wool socialist's" ! Thats because they will run the system and can really stack the deck for favorable legislation to themselves.
Old 07-07-2019, 10:52 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Not for long.
So get out and enjoy it while you can. You can sit in sewage or choose to wade out of it. California is sinking into a third world morass. It isn't just the ridiculous gun laws. It's the crowding, the pollution and corruption that drives people out.
California will drown itself in debt and tax its middle class out of existence because the "rich" have the lawyers and CPA's to keep them from paying taxes but the rest of the people don't. Mewsome and his pals will get their money from anyone who earns a buck. He'll get folks with sales taxes, use taxes, property taxes, gas taxes, sin taxes as well as income taxes and what they can't tax, they'll stick a fee on.
Sal si puedes!
Old 07-08-2019, 7:24 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW View Post
So get out and enjoy it while you can. You can sit in sewage or choose to wade out of it. California is sinking into a third world morass. It isn't just the ridiculous gun laws. It's the crowding, the pollution and corruption that drives people out.
California will drown itself in debt and tax its middle class out of existence because the "rich" have the lawyers and CPA's to keep them from paying taxes but the rest of the people don't. Mewsome and his pals will get their money from anyone who earns a buck. He'll get folks with sales taxes, use taxes, property taxes, gas taxes, sin taxes as well as income taxes and what they can't tax, they'll stick a fee on.
Sal si puedes!
You do not need to be "rich" to have an attorney and / or a CPA...you just need to have half a brain to tell you that the attorney's or CPA's bill is worth the savings in taxes to you down the line.

My CPA charged ~$300 this year to generate and electronically file my federal and Idaho taxes. That covers income from investments, work, and agricultural endeavors. I bring in the records, talk to my CPA for half an hour or so, and come back about 2 weeks later to pay...the returns are filed the same day. Any issues with the returns and the CPA takes care of business and not me...as a point of reference I've had zero issues with the IRS or state of Idaho in > 15 years.

As to attorneys...mine took care of a family trust for ~ $1500. If you think it's better to do your own via the internet for free, realize you get what you pay for.

Life's journey is not to arrive safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy schit...what a ride"!!

Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain

A man's soul can be judged by the way he treats his dog. Charles Doran
Old 07-08-2019, 12:20 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW View Post
Sal si puedes!
Even if California becomes solvent and seems prosperous.
They will need to fight the culture wars as we see in some democrat state's, with attacks on religion,gun rights, speech, race baiting, on and on !

We are making plans to be part time Californians,even to the point of keeping a small checking account and maybe a credit card.
Old 07-08-2019, 1:23 PM

Buying things on the internet to avoid sales taxes is getting difficult, now that many online operations have agreements with high sales tax states to collect “use taxes”

You can buy from some of the smaller Amazon partners and avoid sales tax.

There are still many mom and pop shops that will sell and ship to CA and not charge the sales tax.

Keep supporting them!

Or buy used. My next car, used private party, I still will pay a tax, but much lower.
?The constitutional right to bear arms in public for self-defense is not a ?second-class right,? subject to an entirely different body of rules than the other Bill of Rights guarantees.? ?.. "We know of no other constitutional rights that an individual may exercise only after demonstrating to government officers some special need."
- Justice Clarence Thomas
Old 07-08-2019, 3:38 PM

Heading to Texas myself. Won’t buy one single bullet here. Can’t wait until all pieces are lined up then it’s go-time
“neither magazines, nor rounds of ammunition, nor triggers, nor barrels are specifically mentioned in the Second Amendment. But without a right to keep and bear triggers, or barrels, or ammunition and the magazines that hold ammunition, the Second Amendment right would be meaningless.” Saint Benitez
Old 07-08-2019, 4:21 PM

Some members on here want people to stay and drown in CA rather than stand on dry ground Free America and fight to keep it from being taking down in the wake.

There has to be a point in which you concede that you lost the war in CA. 1 step forward, 1000 steps back is not winning.

If I didn’t leave CA I would be homeless and heading to prison. Frustration would have gotten the better of me because at $26 an hour.... it’s not enough money left to go around for a rainy day. Everything goes into rent, utilities and basic food. Forget Cost of living, cost of surviving is just to high in California.

In AZ..... I can actually live, not just survive. My health has improved. I’m not all stressed out, my weight is going down. I’m not getting sick all the time nor am I struggling with depression. I’m managing my PTSD extremely well here.