Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Blades, Bows and Tools
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Blades, Bows and Tools Discussion of non-firearm weapons and camping/survival tools.

Old 02-14-2021, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPimping View Post
I had a ZT on me for years in the field. It was a faithful companion. Sliced a lot of Coban and apples!!
You cut med supplies and food with the same utensil? Traif! Seriously, think about it. It’s disgusting.
Old 02-14-2021, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by etwinam View Post
I guess samantics is getting the better of us, I claimed Chris's reeves developed it, you claim Crucible made the changes to S30 creating S35vn on their own. I can admit I may have mispoke, I should have said he "Helped" create it.

I should have known someone would come around and fact check me, but it is the internet so I'm not surprised. Either way yes he was involved and it is safe to say that without Chris reeves Crucible would mever have created S35vn. Who knows if another company would have on their own but I'm not interested in debating possible outcomes only the real ones.

And yes hardness is rated on a Rockwell scale but the edge retention and sharpening characteristics are what I was referring to. The carbides in the steel are the big defining factors. So yes technically hardness is HRC but you can heat treat S30 and S35vn and M390 all to 61 HRC and then break down a stack of boxes and compare edges afterward. The M390 will hold the edge better, thereby making it "harder" you could also bring cpm3v in to the conversation and really throw up some numbers.

Anyways, semantics is boring to me, I'll digress and say we're both right since I don't want to argue. Have a good one, im off to enjoy my Sunday with my son.
I had just popped back into this thread and after re-reading my post was going to delete it as after re-reading it, I decided that it didn't add anything constructive to the conversation, whether right or wrong. By then you'd quoted it, so I'll leave it up.

We can at least agree we both like knives, Chris Reeve has contributed greatly to the knife industry, and M390 is a killer steel.

Enjoy your Sunday.

Last edited by Excitable Boy; 02-14-2021 at 11:38 PM..