Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Gunsmithing & How To
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Gunsmithing & How To Pro, Amateur & WECSOG and Tutorials, Guides & OLL Build Instructions

Old 08-11-2019, 9:23 AM

Not a problem. Always happy to help! He also does stippling if you're into that as well. Hand and laser stippling, priced fair as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerdog3 View Post
That is exactly what I wanted to hear! I'm so glad for you, and your information! Thank you RHSth4!
Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk
Old 08-12-2019, 6:39 PM

He's having a sale on this one right now. Just got his email.
Quote:
That is exactly what I wanted to hear! I'm so glad for you, and your information! Thank you RHSth4!

Old 08-12-2019, 6:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHSth4 View Post

Thank you!
Old 08-12-2019, 6:57 PM

Kill two birds with one stone. Get it cut, rnr cut and that's on his blank slide.
Quote:
Thank you!
Old 08-13-2019, 4:29 AM

Quote:

You, Sir, are a bad influence @
Why would you tell me this? I have enough gun and related projects to spend my cash on without people flashing shiny objects on the interwebs.

Seriously, thanks for the heads up.

Semper Fi
Do or Die!
Old 08-13-2019, 5:19 AM

****ing gun fondlers...gotta love em!

Last edited by keepitlow; 04-18-2021 at 11:34 AM..
Old 08-13-2019, 7:42 AM

I know the feeling. Just glad I'm not the only one who's tempted by this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
You, Sir, are a bad influence @

Why would you tell me this? I have enough gun and related projects to spend my cash on without people flashing shiny objects on the interwebs.

Seriously, thanks for the heads up.

Semper Fi

Do or Die!
Old 08-14-2019, 10:14 PM

I don't know if anyone cares, but since you were all so helpful I thought I'd share with you what I ended up doing.

As a few people advised, I am keeping my stock equipment as is. Until I can fully trust this setup, I can still trust my life to my factory G19 with XS F8 night sights.

Here is the list of what I bought, not including tax and shipping. Feel free to tell others where to get better prices if you want. I saw better deals, but some were out of stock and others weren't the exact model/features I wanted.

- SUAREZ SUPERMATCH SI-319 TRIJICON RMR CUT COMPLETE SLIDE with the Suarez NP3 Barrel and Recoil Unit. ($689.99 suarezinternational.com)

- Trijicon RMR Type 2 Adjustable LED Reflex Sight - 6.5 MOA ($419.99 primaryarms.com)

- Trijicon Bright and Tough Night Sight Suppressor Set ($114.99 opticsplanet.com)

- Total = $1,224.97. I CAN'T BELIEVE I SPENT THIS MUCH MONEY!!! Haha.

I did a ton of research, I even emailed all of the major companies that were mentioned here, or in other threads. The responses I got from some of the companies was enough to go another direction, others were just too expensive (Agency Arms for one). I pretended to be an old man who was confused by all the fancy choices on their website (not a total lie, but I do work on computers for a living, so...). I posed basically the same question to them as I did here to see what they would recommend. And based on everything (this thread, the email responses from the companies, other threads discussing this topic, product reviews, and price) I came up with this set up. I can't wait to find out if I made the right choices! I will freakin cry if this rig is unreliable! Haha

Thank you all so much! Even the advice I didn't follow was very helpful and guided me on the path that brought me here. I will update this post as soon as I save up enough to go shooting. Haha!

- jerdog3

Last edited by jerdog3; 08-14-2019 at 10:53 PM..
Old 08-15-2019, 1:24 AM

Quote:
I don't know if anyone cares, but since you were all so helpful I thought I'd share with you what I ended up doing.

As a few people advised, I am keeping my stock equipment as is. Until I can fully trust this setup, I can still trust my life to my factory G19 with XS F8 night sights.

Here is the list of what I bought, not including tax and shipping. Feel free to tell others where to get better prices if you want. I saw better deals, but some were out of stock and others weren't the exact model/features I wanted.

- SUAREZ SUPERMATCH SI-319 TRIJICON RMR CUT COMPLETE SLIDE with the Suarez NP3 Barrel and Recoil Unit. ($689.99 suarezinternational.com)

- Trijicon RMR Type 2 Adjustable LED Reflex Sight - 6.5 MOA ($419.99 primaryarms.com)

- Trijicon Bright and Tough Night Sight Suppressor Set ($114.99 opticsplanet.com)

I did a ton of research, I even emailed all of the major companies that were mentioned here, or in other threads. The responses I got from some of the companies was enough to go another direction, others were just too expensive (Agency Arms for one). I pretended to be an old man who was confused by all the fancy choices on their website (not a total lie, but I do work on computers for a living, so...). I posed basically the same question to them as I did here to see what they would recommend. And based on everything (this thread, the email responses from the companies, other threads discussing this topic, product reviews, and price) I came up with this set up. I can't wait to find out if I made the right choices! I will freakin cry if this rig is unreliable! Haha

Thank you all so much! Even the advice I didn't follow was very helpful and guided me on the path that brought me here. I will update this post as soon as I save up enough to go shooting. Haha!

- jerdog3
So what you are saying is.....

Your old boring Glock is soon to be your New Fun Glock and is no longer for sale?

Congratulations. glad you went with quality parts.

Pics when it I'd assembled....
Old 08-15-2019, 6:02 AM

Suarez is a good choice! Sounds like a great setup, cant wait to see it complete!
Quote:

- jerdog3
Old 08-15-2019, 6:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
So what you are saying is.....

Your old boring Glock is soon to be your New Fun Glock and is no longer for sale?

Congratulations. glad you went with quality parts.

Pics when it I'd assembled....
Haha. Thank you. I'll be paying it off the rest of the year, but hopefully trusting it to protect my family forever.
I will for sure post pics when I get it all put together.
Thanks again!
jerdog3

Last edited by jerdog3; 08-15-2019 at 6:15 AM..
Old 08-16-2019, 6:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt1372 View Post
Congrats!

Please post pics when you receive it. Still procrastinating on sending my slide into them.
Thank you! Will do!
Old 08-30-2019, 2:28 PM

Ok, here's the finished product. And I don't know what everyone is saying about it taking a 1,000 rounds to get comfortable with an RMR. I'm just as bad with the RMR as I am with iron sights, and it didn't take a 1,000 rounds. Haha.

Last edited by jerdog3; 12-11-2019 at 5:27 PM..
Old 08-31-2019, 12:51 AM

Looks great! I can't comment on RMR usage but I'm sure you'll get the hang of it hahaha
Quote:
Ok, here's the finished product. And I don't know what everyone is saying about it taking a 1,000 rounds to get comfortable with an RMR. I'm just as bad with the RMR as I am with iron sights, and it didn't take a 1,000 rounds. Haha.
Old 09-01-2019, 11:33 AM

Hey found this info for sighting in an RMR. Good luck!
Quote:
Old 09-01-2019, 11:35 AM
Git-R-Done
CGN Contributor

+1 on Zev slide

Keep your stock slide, dros another gen 3 frame and have a 2nd
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassCase View Post
I only buy fireworks from Three Finger Willie over at One Eyed Jack's Fireworks.
iTrader

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1884858
Old 09-01-2019, 4:26 PM

Quote:
Hey found this info for sighting in an RMR. Good luck!
Great info! Thank you!
Old 09-01-2019, 4:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M76 View Post
+1 on Zev slide

Keep your stock slide, dros another gen 3 frame and have a 2nd
I already had another gen 3 frame for my wife and kid that I put an Advantage Arms .22LR Conversion kit on. Now I can put this on it. Great minds think alike, but unfortunately for you, I don't have a great mind. Haha!

I took my new slide and RMR to the range today. Shot 450 rounds without a single malfunction, after the first 100 rounds break in that Suarez says is needed. That malfunction was that I was slowly releasing the trigger so I could feel the reset, and one time it didn't go back into battery. Once I tapped the back of the slide, it went into battery, and that didn't happen again. I will now need to put a few thousand rounds through it before I can trust my families safety to it. But I had a great time! I'm not picking up the red dot as quickly as I can my irons, but I bought a membership to the range so hopefully by this time next year I will feel comfortable with it, both in reliability and in target acquisition.
Thanks!

Last edited by jerdog3; 09-01-2019 at 4:38 PM..