Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

View Poll Results: What are your feelings about Front Sight?
Great Training for Beginners Only. 77 8.13%
Great Training Beginner and Advanced. 639 67.48%
The Quality of Training is Going Down Hill. 21 2.22%
I paid too much for my Membership! 45 4.75%
They will go out of business this year! 22 2.32%
Don't want anything to do with them! 143 15.10%
Voters: 947. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11161  
Old 08-26-2019, 7:26 PM
acegunnr's Avatar
acegunnr acegunnr is offline
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Central Coast
Posts: 2,144
iTrader: 181 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by northridgegun View Post
Well, that's the question. Will they accept a foreign document to run their checks?
Best way to find out, call Concierge: 702-837-7433.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #11162  
Old 08-27-2019, 2:43 AM
Jerry1834 Jerry1834 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 103
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Northridgegun

What dates in Oct/Class? I'll be out there on the 10th with a large group.
Reply With Quote
  #11163  
Old 09-03-2019, 8:11 AM
dad4mnc's Avatar
dad4mnc dad4mnc is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,485
iTrader: 91 / 100%
Default

Question on the 4 Day Practical Rifle.
Iím assuming single or two point slings. Regarding two point sling carry. Iím guessing they review administrative carry (muzzle up and down) with a traditional two point set up. How about a tactical two point set up? Do they allow the sling over the strong side shoulder and under the support side arm?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
"Awareness is the currency which purchases time.Ē
-Ed Calderon
Paratus
Front Sight Commander member.
NRA Life Member
Reply With Quote
  #11164  
Old 09-03-2019, 8:17 AM
damon1272 damon1272 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,944
iTrader: 20 / 100%
Default

Yes they will cover the three types of sling carry. A tactical type carry is fine and works well. Single point carry works very well for smacking you in the nuts when you least expect it.
Reply With Quote
  #11165  
Old 09-05-2019, 9:30 AM
Jedi54's Avatar
Jedi54 Jedi54 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 704
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Heading out for another go at Adv Tactical starting tomorrow. Anyone else going to be out there?
Reply With Quote
  #11166  
Old 09-08-2019, 8:51 AM
rodralig's Avatar
rodralig rodralig is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Rowland Heights
Posts: 1,402
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Good morning fellows...

I was wondering if any of you could "jog" my memory (must be age)...

So, I did the THG/ATHG late May. I got myself a few paper targets so I can dry practice at home. Unfortunately, work was so hectic even on weekends that I never really got to set things up. Work has stabilized a bit, and wanted to get the ball rolling.

Could anyone run me through the steps for
  1. Speed Rock
  2. Palm Strike


Now for the 7-yard Responses (assuming a RH shooter),
  • Support Side - You step with your Right foot forward to blade into Weaver then draw?
  • Strong Side - You step with your Left foot diagonally across the Right to get into Weaver then draw?
  • From the Rear - Step with the Right foot diagonally across to the Left to get into Weaver then Draw?


Plus, what is the name of the technique when you are attached from the rear and you'll just bend forward, look over the shoulder then draw?


Again, apologies for the memory loss...
And thanks in advanced...

_
Reply With Quote
  #11167  
Old 09-08-2019, 10:48 AM
Mustard Mustard is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 267
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

1) you fire from position 3, with gun indexed to your kidney/ side rib

2) hit bad guy in face, step back, present, fire

Responses) you remember them as i remember them

Unorthodox? Unconventional?..... NON STANDARD response to the rear! That's what it was called

There's probably more subtleties to these drills, but they seemed pretty straight forward as i recall. Don't rip the paper when shooting super close
Reply With Quote
  #11168  
Old 09-08-2019, 1:31 PM
rodralig's Avatar
rodralig rodralig is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Rowland Heights
Posts: 1,402
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustard View Post
1) you fire from position 3, with gun indexed to your kidney/ side rib

2) hit bad guy in face, step back, present, fire

Responses) you remember them as i remember them

Unorthodox? Unconventional?..... NON STANDARD response to the rear! That's what it was called

There's probably more subtleties to these drills, but they seemed pretty straight forward as i recall. Don't rip the paper when shooting super close

Thanks for the Speed Rock (I still wonder why they call it that?) and the Palm Strike... I now know what to do.


Yep - I think that's it, non-standard response to the rear. Hhhhmmm... As for the subtleties, I would remember it to be:
  1. Look over shoulder while going into step #1 of the draw
  2. Step with Left foot forward, while drawing and firing a controlled pair
  3. Using Left foot as Pivot, rotate CW the Right foot all the way back into Weaver
  4. Lift up Left foot (not drag) back to increase distance


_
Reply With Quote
  #11169  
Old 09-08-2019, 4:51 PM
Mustard Mustard is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 267
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodralig View Post
Thanks for the Speed Rock (I still wonder why they call it that?) and the Palm Strike... I now know what to do.


Yep - I think that's it, non-standard response to the rear. Hhhhmmm... As for the subtleties, I would remember it to be:
  1. Look over shoulder while going into step #1 of the draw
  2. Step with Left foot forward, while drawing and firing a controlled pair
  3. Using Left foot as Pivot, rotate CW the Right foot all the way back into Weaver
  4. Lift up Left foot (not drag) back to increase distance


_
Actually I guessed at the "speed rock", but it was an easy guess along the lines of what you were asking about. I was taking a local, informal class with a former Sheriff's deputy, and he called position 3 "rock and lock". It's meant for engaging a target who's close to you, so there's a speed requirement there. "Speed", "rock", w/e....

Good call on the "lift your feet" to avoid tripping over something.
Reply With Quote
  #11170  
Old 09-09-2019, 1:42 PM
damon1272 damon1272 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,944
iTrader: 20 / 100%
Default

So heading out for a personal training for tactical handgun. Any advise outside of the normal stuff to bring and what to expect. Any advise would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #11171  
Old 09-09-2019, 2:22 PM
beanz2's Avatar
beanz2 beanz2 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 7,780
iTrader: 34 / 100%
Default

Well, I guess all those classes we had planned for this month all the way to November just went out the window Our dog is undergoing a nose removal for cancer as I type this and will need a two month period of close supervision so he doesnít mess up his wounds. Wife can watch him while Iím at work, but not for a week continuously.

Too bad as I have been getting a new rifle ready for Rifle Marksmanship (the old one was too heavy for shooting unsupported.). Hoping I can still hit the range once in a while to test out different ammo.

Keep posting your FS classes so I can enjoy it vicariously 😢


.
__________________

The wife will be pissed, but Jesus always forgives.
Reply With Quote
  #11172  
Old 09-09-2019, 3:37 PM
AAShooter's Avatar
AAShooter AAShooter is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,079
iTrader: 23 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanz2 View Post
Well, I guess all those classes we had planned for this month all the way to November just went out the window Our dog is undergoing a nose removal for cancer as I type this and will need a two month period of close supervision so he doesnít mess up his wounds. Wife can watch him while Iím at work, but not for a week continuously.

Too bad as I have been getting a new rifle ready for Rifle Marksmanship (the old one was too heavy for shooting unsupported.). Hoping I can still hit the range once in a while to test out different ammo.

Keep posting your FS classes so I can enjoy it vicariously 😢


.
Sorry to hear. All the best for your poor dog.
__________________
Front Sight course certificates (for any course) and gun rental certificates for sale or trade--get trained.

PM me for information on low-priced Front Sight Memberships!
Reply With Quote
  #11173  
Old 09-09-2019, 3:49 PM
beanz2's Avatar
beanz2 beanz2 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 7,780
iTrader: 34 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAShooter View Post
Sorry to hear. All the best for your poor dog.
Thanks. Poor me rather. The vet, surgeon and hospital bills will cost me more than a select fire M16

Thank God for Iggy Bucks!


.
__________________

The wife will be pissed, but Jesus always forgives.
Reply With Quote
  #11174  
Old 09-09-2019, 4:04 PM
autoduel's Avatar
autoduel autoduel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Irvine
Posts: 1,070
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi54 View Post
Heading out for another go at Adv Tactical starting tomorrow. Anyone else going to be out there?
I was out there shooting in group 2 on range 16.
They focused more on movement and away from doing things by steps, changing up the pacing and handicap levels.
Curriculum was the same, but the different instructors made the drills interesting and pushed our individual levels of fitness and enthusiasm.
Always learning more each time I go.
__________________
Ignorance, hate, fear and bigotry. The Four Horsemen of Liberalism.

Last edited by autoduel; 09-09-2019 at 4:28 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #11175  
Old 09-10-2019, 1:14 PM
Jedi54's Avatar
Jedi54 Jedi54 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 704
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Dang I wish I would have known we were on the same range.
I was in group 1
Reply With Quote
  #11176  
Old 09-10-2019, 5:12 PM
mikeinla mikeinla is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Los Angeles(N. Hollywood)
Posts: 2,729
iTrader: 175 / 100%
Default

If anyone is looking for a FS CERTIFICATE this guy has one for ONLY $1750.
Not mine
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1556788
Reply With Quote
  #11177  
Old 09-10-2019, 5:21 PM
AAShooter's Avatar
AAShooter AAShooter is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,079
iTrader: 23 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeinla View Post
If anyone is looking for a FS CERTIFICATE this guy has one for ONLY $1750.
Not mine
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1556788
I wish him well.
__________________
Front Sight course certificates (for any course) and gun rental certificates for sale or trade--get trained.

PM me for information on low-priced Front Sight Memberships!
Reply With Quote
  #11178  
Old 09-10-2019, 9:15 PM
TeamAllen TeamAllen is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 258
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Just got to Pahrump. Starting a HG SB class tomorrow.
Reply With Quote
  #11179  
Old 09-11-2019, 6:42 PM
TeamAllen TeamAllen is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 258
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Having fun. Nobody is here. Only two ranges being occupied in the whole place. Range 1 for our HG SB and a Shotgun SB on range 24, I think

Picked up some Marksmanship targets in the pro shop. They had a bunch finally and were limiting to two rolls and the lady said they won't last long.
Reply With Quote
  #11180  
Old 09-11-2019, 7:54 PM
damon1272 damon1272 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,944
iTrader: 20 / 100%
Default

I’ll be out there Friday for a personal tact handgun. Looking forward to it.
Reply With Quote
  #11181  
Old 09-13-2019, 11:42 AM
Jerry1834 Jerry1834 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 103
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Anyone use the new lunch setup with Mom's? As good as the old Beach Cafe. Any sandwich recommendations? Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #11182  
Old 09-13-2019, 12:17 PM
damon1272 damon1272 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,944
iTrader: 20 / 100%
Default

What is the address for the handgun combat master list for the folks that have completed it? Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #11183  
Old 09-13-2019, 12:36 PM
mej16489 mej16489 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,323
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by damon1272 View Post
What is the address for the handgun combat master list for the folks that have completed it? Thanks
It's available at forum.frontsightnv.com

Front Sight Handgun Combat Masters

1. Dr. Ignatius Piazza (Glock 22)--Cert Date Unknown
2. Mr. Mark Flinn (Glock 21)--Sept 21, 1997
3. Mr. Lawrence (Lenny) Boulton (Glock 22)--Sept 21, 1997
4. Mr. Brad Ackman (1911)--30 April 2000
5. Dr. Paul Klausterman (1911)--Cert Date Unknown
6. Mr. Richard Sharrer (1911)--Cert Date Unknown
7. Mr. Jeff Hall (1911)--Cert Date Unknown
8. Mr. Wes LaHuillier (Glock 35)--15 May 2005
9. Mr. Noble LaHuillier (Glock 35)--10 Nov 2006
10. Mr. Gabe Nault (XD .45 ACP)--13 Jan 2008
11. Mr. Don Benfield (Glock 35)--13 Jan 2008
12. Mr. Roger Stubbs (Glock 35)--29 Jun 2008
13. Mr. Bill Kapeles (Glock 22)--21 Nov 2011
14. Mr. Rafi Sofair (Glock 22)--17 Nov 2013
15. Mr. Jonathan Reynolds (Glock 22 Gen 2)--20 Feb 2014
16. Mr. David Hollenbach (Glock 22)--17 Nov 2014
17. Mr. Kyle Hinkle (1911)--14 Dec 2014
18. Mr. Slavek Kasperowicz (Glock 17, 9mm MINOR)--5 January 2015
19. Mr. Timothy Sjobring (Glock 22)--18 February 2015
20. Mr. Wyatt Rakich (HK VP9, 9mm MINOR) - 12 May 2015
21. Mr. Pierce Henkel (Glock 22) - 24 May 2016
22. Mr. Philip Toppino (Glock 35) - 22 Feb 2017
23. Dr. Rick Mantin (Glock 22) - 11 Mar 2017
24. Mr. John Stoner - 29 April 2017
25. Mr. Tim Hasey - 2 June 2017
26. Mr. Shane Goldman (Glock 34) - 13 Nov 2017
27. Mr. Zach McCormick (Glock 19X) - 08 Jun 2018
28. Mr. Vince Losasso (Glock 17) - 24 November 2018
29. Mr. Todd Tuschhoff (Glock 35) - 15 February 2019
30. Mr. Peter Reece, Jr. (Glock 35) - 28 February 2019
31. Mr. Robert Leanza (Glock 22) - 5 June 2019
32. Mr. Daniel Crocker (Glock 19) - 10 June 2019
33. Mr. Travis Shelton (M&P 9) - 1 August 2019
Reply With Quote
  #11184  
Old 09-13-2019, 12:47 PM
hitmissone hitmissone is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 17
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Been 5 times and last time an instructor berated several of us to the point in the Advance Tactical Handgun class I left after 1st day. The previous four times was good. DG'd the 4 day defensive handgun class. Was planning on doing the AR classes until this clown ruined it. It's a good time and shoot lots of ammo.
Reply With Quote
  #11185  
Old 09-13-2019, 2:59 PM
Kenpo Joe's Avatar
Kenpo Joe Kenpo Joe is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 33
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I'm heading home after completing a 4DRM class. Only one DG and two Graduates (not me). It was fun, but difficult in the heat. I now know what I need to work on before I go back. Skoog is an excellent instructor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
__________________
Oh, dear. It appears that the elder gods have awakened, and they are not happy...
"Use the force flow chart, Luke."
Reply With Quote
  #11186  
Old 09-13-2019, 5:41 PM
damon1272 damon1272 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,944
iTrader: 20 / 100%
Default

Well had the pleasure of working with Zack McCormack today # 27 on the list. All I can say if I never do a another one on one I got more than my moneyís worth. What a great instructor.
Reply With Quote
  #11187  
Old 09-13-2019, 7:48 PM
Mustard Mustard is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 267
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmissone View Post
Been 5 times and last time an instructor berated several of us to the point in the Advance Tactical Handgun class I left after 1st day. The previous four times was good. DG'd the 4 day defensive handgun class. Was planning on doing the AR classes until this clown ruined it. It's a good time and shoot lots of ammo.
Berated you (all) for what?
Reply With Quote
  #11188  
Old 09-13-2019, 8:21 PM
TeamAllen TeamAllen is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 258
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry1834 View Post
Anyone use the new lunch setup with Mom's? As good as the old Beach Cafe. Any sandwich recommendations? Thanks.
I went with it, but got the salad. The sandwiches looked fine that others had in their lunches. They were $12. You can order them the morning of your day.
Reply With Quote
  #11189  
Old 09-14-2019, 2:23 AM
Jerry1834 Jerry1834 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 103
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Thanks TeamAllen...I'll order before I go out in Oct.

Would like to hear the berated story????
Reply With Quote
  #11190  
Old 09-14-2019, 4:51 AM
mikeinla mikeinla is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Los Angeles(N. Hollywood)
Posts: 2,729
iTrader: 175 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmissone View Post
Been 5 times and last time an instructor berated several of us to the point in the Advance Tactical Handgun class I left after 1st day. The previous four times was good. DG'd the 4 day defensive handgun class. Was planning on doing the AR classes until this clown ruined it. It's a good time and shoot lots of ammo.
Obviously you have never been in the military if you are that bent out of shape about an instructor. In most of the classes at Front Sight they treat you like STUDENTS but by the time you get to the advanced classes they treat you like ADULTS. In the advanced classes they do not baby you and reinforce you by saying stuff like "good job" or "you are doing great". I have taken several advanced classes are there are always a couple that slip though the cracks and REALLY should not be there yet. There was one guy that could not follow simple instruction and was not very accurate in his shooting. The instructor snapped at him a few times for the safety of himself and other students.
The problem is people are taking private classes and keep shooting the "test" over and over and over again until they pass. This is what the guy did that could not follow simple instruction. He really should not have been in an advanced class.
Reply With Quote
  #11191  
Old 09-14-2019, 4:58 AM
Jerry1834 Jerry1834 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 103
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

"Obviously you have never been in the military." Now that's a true statement - my service was 50 years ago and those DI's could sure make you feel lower then whale ****. At the end you could under stand why they did what they did.
Reply With Quote
  #11192  
Old 09-14-2019, 6:53 AM
rodralig's Avatar
rodralig rodralig is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Rowland Heights
Posts: 1,402
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmissone View Post
Been 5 times and last time an instructor berated several of us to the point in the Advance Tactical Handgun class I left after 1st day. The previous four times was good. DG'd the 4 day defensive handgun class. Was planning on doing the AR classes until this clown ruined it. It's a good time and shoot lots of ammo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustard View Post
Berated you (all) for what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry1834 View Post
Would like to hear the berated story????
There are two sides to a story (well, some actually say there are "three"). I definitely would like to hear it...



Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeinla View Post
In most of the classes at Front Sight they treat you like STUDENTS but by the time you get to the advanced classes they treat you like ADULTS.
Having experienced ATHG - I see more freedom in how you approach a course of fire. With the freedom/flexibility - it becomes obvious that safety becomes paramount (not that it was any less of a concern in the prior classes).

Only been to FS just three times (4DDHG, THG, ATHG) and the only time I see a stern instructor is when the students are way out of line, especially in regards to safety. I have seen it several times in 4DDHG, and couple of times in THG. Have not seen it in my ATHG - but I guess our bunch were just helping each other out. There were a couple of students that had their fingers inside the trigger guard when were racking their slides against their belt buckles; and they were all so OK/receptive in being called out ("When it comes to safety, don't hold back! Call me out!").


Quote:
I have taken several advanced classes are there are always a couple that slip though the cracks and REALLY should not be there yet. ..... He really should not have been in an advanced class.
I haven't seen one in ATHG, but definitely a few in THG. Muzzle and trigger finger discipline was what made me cringe when seeing those in THG.



Quote:
Originally Posted by damon1272 View Post
Well had the pleasure of working with Zack McCormack today # 27 on the list. All I can say if I never do a another one on one I got more than my moneyís worth. What a great instructor.
Oh, the first time I did the ATHG - I was squadded with #16 Dave and #23 Rick. It was amazing to see how those guys shoot. To learn from them and to get feedback made those 2-days more enriching!?!


_
Reply With Quote
  #11193  
Old 09-14-2019, 7:31 PM
RidgebackDad RidgebackDad is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Looking forward to the 4DDHG in mid-October. Anyone else heading down during that time?
Reply With Quote
  #11194  
Old 09-14-2019, 8:47 PM
damon1272 damon1272 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,944
iTrader: 20 / 100%
Default

Have a 4 ddhg with my son on nov 8
Reply With Quote
  #11195  
Old 09-15-2019, 2:43 AM
Jerry1834 Jerry1834 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 103
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Will be with a group on Oct 11 for the 4 DDHG.
Reply With Quote
  #11196  
Old 09-15-2019, 9:02 AM
RidgebackDad RidgebackDad is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidgebackDad View Post
Looking forward to the 4DDHG in mid-October. Anyone else heading down during that time?
Thought I put the dates in there, but realized today that I didn't. I'll be there October 18th.
Reply With Quote
  #11197  
Old 09-15-2019, 12:51 PM
Jedi54's Avatar
Jedi54 Jedi54 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 704
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mej16489 View Post
It's available at forum.frontsightnv.com

Front Sight Handgun Combat Masters

1. Dr. Ignatius Piazza (Glock 22)--Cert Date Unknown
2. Mr. Mark Flinn (Glock 21)--Sept 21, 1997
3. Mr. Lawrence (Lenny) Boulton (Glock 22)--Sept 21, 1997
4. Mr. Brad Ackman (1911)--30 April 2000
5. Dr. Paul Klausterman (1911)--Cert Date Unknown
6. Mr. Richard Sharrer (1911)--Cert Date Unknown
7. Mr. Jeff Hall (1911)--Cert Date Unknown
8. Mr. Wes LaHuillier (Glock 35)--15 May 2005
9. Mr. Noble LaHuillier (Glock 35)--10 Nov 2006
10. Mr. Gabe Nault (XD .45 ACP)--13 Jan 2008
11. Mr. Don Benfield (Glock 35)--13 Jan 2008
12. Mr. Roger Stubbs (Glock 35)--29 Jun 2008
13. Mr. Bill Kapeles (Glock 22)--21 Nov 2011
14. Mr. Rafi Sofair (Glock 22)--17 Nov 2013
15. Mr. Jonathan Reynolds (Glock 22 Gen 2)--20 Feb 2014
16. Mr. David Hollenbach (Glock 22)--17 Nov 2014
17. Mr. Kyle Hinkle (1911)--14 Dec 2014
18. Mr. Slavek Kasperowicz (Glock 17, 9mm MINOR)--5 January 2015
19. Mr. Timothy Sjobring (Glock 22)--18 February 2015
20. Mr. Wyatt Rakich (HK VP9, 9mm MINOR) - 12 May 2015
21. Mr. Pierce Henkel (Glock 22) - 24 May 2016
22. Mr. Philip Toppino (Glock 35) - 22 Feb 2017
23. Dr. Rick Mantin (Glock 22) - 11 Mar 2017
24. Mr. John Stoner - 29 April 2017
25. Mr. Tim Hasey - 2 June 2017
26. Mr. Shane Goldman (Glock 34) - 13 Nov 2017
27. Mr. Zach McCormick (Glock 19X) - 08 Jun 2018
28. Mr. Vince Losasso (Glock 17) - 24 November 2018
29. Mr. Todd Tuschhoff (Glock 35) - 15 February 2019
30. Mr. Peter Reece, Jr. (Glock 35) - 28 February 2019
31. Mr. Robert Leanza (Glock 22) - 5 June 2019
32. Mr. Daniel Crocker (Glock 19) - 10 June 2019
33. Mr. Travis Shelton (M&P 9) - 1 August 2019
#21 Pierce Henkel has also (and I believe he was the first) passed the HCMP test wearing concealment.
I saw him a few weeks ago and he's not attempting to pass the test support hand.
His score is already in the low 50's...
Reply With Quote
  #11198  
Old 09-15-2019, 12:52 PM
Jedi54's Avatar
Jedi54 Jedi54 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 704
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmissone View Post
Been 5 times and last time an instructor berated several of us to the point in the Advance Tactical Handgun class I left after 1st day. The previous four times was good. DG'd the 4 day defensive handgun class. Was planning on doing the AR classes until this clown ruined it. It's a good time and shoot lots of ammo.
who was the Instructor? Did you talk to the Range Master?
Yes, in the Adv Tactical class they do ramp up the intensity a bit but I've never seen anyone get berated.
what exactly happened if you don't mind me asking.
Reply With Quote
  #11199  
Old 09-15-2019, 3:27 PM
AAShooter's Avatar
AAShooter AAShooter is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,079
iTrader: 23 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi54 View Post
#21 Pierce Henkel has also (and I believe he was the first) passed the HCMP test wearing concealment.
I saw him a few weeks ago and he's not attempting to pass the test support hand.
His score is already in the low 50's...
Impressive.
__________________
Front Sight course certificates (for any course) and gun rental certificates for sale or trade--get trained.

PM me for information on low-priced Front Sight Memberships!
Reply With Quote
  #11200  
Old 09-15-2019, 5:42 PM
damon1272 damon1272 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,944
iTrader: 20 / 100%
Default

Thanks for posting the link. I have called in a couple of times and have not been able to sign into the forum.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 2:42 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.