Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 04-28-2022, 9:55 AM
Snake..Snake? SNAAAAKKE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaglue1105 View Post
Awesome! How long did it take for you?
Less than 24 hours....this was only for a change of address though. May vary for any modifications (adding more pistols).

Old 04-28-2022, 12:13 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny_land View Post
Just got the approval text message. Plan to pick-up next Monday or Tuesday per the Palm Desert station hours.
/////////////////////

Congratulations
Old 04-28-2022, 3:47 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny_land View Post
Less than 24 hours....this was only for a change of address though. May vary for any modifications (adding more pistols).
Ive done modifications twice. First time it took almost two months. Second time it took just over a week.
Old 04-28-2022, 4:04 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobilJoe1 View Post
Hi guys and gals, I'm new here. I just completed my application for my CCW first time. My dates will be uploaded to see how long and finish the process.

Application date: 3/20/2022
Live Scan date: 3/23/2022, CA and FBI completed same day. Waiting on firearms as of 4/19/22
Pre qual practice: 04/06/2022 done
qual test real: 04/09/2022 done and passed (Brothers & Arms LLC, great bunch of people)
Interview at palm desert date: 04/25/2022, I called and it is a phone interview.

I hope everything goes to plan, been around firearms about 15+ years, safety is the utmost responsibly for firearms. Thank you!
/////////////////////////////////

MobileJoe1

Question ...

After you turn in and got fingerprinted for your Live Scan ... Did you upload a copy of the 'Request for Live Scan Service' form onto the Riverside Sheriffs CCW app?.

Earlier today I received a email from Palm Desert Sheriffs notifying me that my interview on May 9th will in fact be a phone interview and I will receive a call approx 1:30pm .

I already began my Live Scan process at the Moreno Valley Station yesterday morning.

When I use my ATI number that was issued to me I went online today to Live Scan status typed in my ATI number and DOB .It already displayed CA and FBI completed and Firearms 'In-Progress'

Have a good weekend everyone!

Last edited by sergeantc; 04-28-2022 at 4:16 PM..
Old 04-28-2022, 4:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maulerrr View Post
Ive done modifications twice. First time it took almost two months. Second time it took just over a week.
My first one took over a month. The one i was planning on doing when i qual my Beretta was suggested today when i emailed my BI that i should wait till i have my renewal in hand then do the Mod. For me, the time line is to close for when i pick up my renewal.
Old 04-28-2022, 4:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy Mustang View Post
I'm curious when you did your live scan. I did mine at Ben Clark back in September and I didn't pay anything. They did it right there when I did my interview.
////////////////////

I did my Live Scan at Moreno Valley Station and paid $10 Dollars cash and given a hand written receipt
Old 04-28-2022, 9:24 PM

Sarge, you dont need to upload the live scan form. the investigator will know already
Old 04-28-2022, 9:47 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockyCatt View Post

OKAY HERES THE QUESTION… ? I read on a few post that the Riverside County sheriffs department likes to see you being a resident of the county for at least two years do y’all think my new resident status will have a significant effect on my approval? Is there anyway to cancel an application with the LASD if I haven’t received the interview go ahead? I really appreciate any feedback thank you!
Logically, I don't see why county residence of at least 2 years makes a difference...as long as you're a county resident when you apply. Welcome to CA maybe.

Life's journey is not to arrive safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy schit...what a ride"!!

Heaven goes by favor.
If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain

I've got an inch a half guard rail nut on a length of 550 cord. It's not whiz-bang tactical, but one smack in the grape and it's coloring books for Christmas.
Old 04-29-2022, 5:41 AM

Quote:
Sarge, you dont need to upload the live scan form. the investigator will know already
//////

Ok 👌 thank you
Old 04-29-2022, 10:02 AM

Sarge! I subtract my statement regarding that you dont need to upload your live scan. I looked at my application and I did upload my live scan prior to the interview. So, I suggest you do upload your love scan too.
Old 04-29-2022, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Sarge! I subtract my statement regarding that you dont need to upload your live scan. I looked at my application and I did upload my live scan prior to the interview. So, I suggest you do upload your love scan too.
///////////////

Ok MobileJoe1

I'll upload my request for Live Scan form I have the deputy sheriff gave to me once the live scan fingerprinting was completed and they wrote my ATI number on bottom right corner of that request form.

Appreciate you my friend...
If you ever wanna come along with me to Riverside Magnum Indoors Range let me know.I'll cover your entry fee for you.Im a full time member for a year,so I'm free.

Have a safe,relaxing,fun blessed weekend all CalGuns members
Old 04-30-2022, 1:39 PM

I had scheduled my interview for late June and a spot opened up for early May and I snagged it. Problem being I was going to do my initial training a few weeks before my original interview date. From my understanding I can still complete the interview and do the training afterwards if approved? Or do I have to get it done beforehand?
Old 05-01-2022, 8:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpew View Post
I had scheduled my interview for late June and a spot opened up for early May and I snagged it. Problem being I was going to do my initial training a few weeks before my original interview date. From my understanding I can still complete the interview and do the training afterwards if approved? Or do I have to get it done beforehand?
You can get it after your interview. That is how most people do it. They wait for the investigator to let them know.
I did mine before hand along with my live scan in hopes it might speed things up but still waiting on my livescan to complete.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Old 05-01-2022, 2:53 PM

Does anyone know how much Sheriffs’s charge at Ben Clark for the class and qualifying shooting for renewal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-03-2022, 8:15 AM
Snake..Snake? SNAAAAKKE!!
CGN Contributor

FYI...
PD office is closed for CCW services all this week and will resume next week on May 9th. Was suppose to pick it up but was told not available.

Old 05-03-2022, 6:58 PM

Default Still waiting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmklaw View Post
I did my Live Scan on 3/13/22 and Firearms still show In Progress
Did you get your live scan completed yet?
Old 05-04-2022, 8:17 AM

No. Firearms still shows In Progress.
Old 05-04-2022, 8:34 AM

Default Crappola!

Quote:
Ok thanks. Ill just stop looking at doj website 2 times a day. I am just excited.
Old 05-04-2022, 8:37 AM

Quote:
Firearms will be the one that drags on a bit…..
Old 05-04-2022, 9:22 AM

With the application packet being submitted online is a printed copy still required for the interview?
Old 05-04-2022, 9:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpew View Post
With the application packet being submitted online is a printed copy still required for the interview?
No, on mine anyways…..

But, I printed it out for my personal records.
Old 05-13-2022, 9:39 PM

For anyone that has renewed their ccw. Did you go straight to the range? I’m supposed to be there at 8am tomorrow but the address is to the main building. I remember I had to drive to the range somewhere else. Anyone have that address?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-15-2022, 7:21 PM

Can anyone recommend a CCW training vendor? Here's the list from the Sheriff's site: https://s3.amazonaws.com/permitium-d...+List+2020.pdf

Are there any pros/cons to using a "3rd party" vendor compared to the Ben Clark training center? As far as I can tell, one pro is that the center works with/under the Sherriff's department, and they can send the completed training paperwork directly to your CCW application.

Quote:
If you attend training/qualification at a facility other than the Ben Clark Training Center, you must submit your certificates with your renewal application before being approved. If you choose Ben Clark Training Center as your training facility, the certificates and qualification sheets are generated there and they will be added to your application once they are received from the range staff. Your required training must be completed before being approved.
Also, how much does the Ben Clark training center cost? I can't find the fees anywhere.
Old 05-15-2022, 7:26 PM

Can anyone recommend a CCW training vendor? Here's the list from the Sheriff's site: https://s3.amazonaws.com/permitium-d...+List+2020.pdf

Are there any pros/cons to using a "3rd party" vendor compared to the Ben Clark training center? As far as I can tell, one pro is that the center works with/under the Sherriff's department, and they can send the completed training paperwork directly to your CCW application.

Quote:
If you attend training/qualification at a facility other than the Ben Clark Training Center, you must submit your certificates with your renewal application before being approved. If you choose Ben Clark Training Center as your training facility, the certificates and qualification sheets are generated there and they will be added to your application once they are received from the range staff. Your required training must be completed before being approved.
Also, how much does the Ben Clark training center cost? I can't find the fees anywhere.
Old 05-15-2022, 7:43 PM

I would recommend any of the following (that's not to say the others aren't good only that I have no knowledge of them personally).

- Street Safe Defense Firearms Training Program (Martinelli & Associates, Inc.)
- Right 2 Bear
- Aegis Authority

To answer your other question BCTC is $100. Everyone else on that list will be more expensive but generally speaking they will also provide more training above basic qualification requirements.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Old 05-15-2022, 9:09 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I did mine through "The Training Range" which operates out of Turners in Palm Desert
https://www.trainingrange.com/

I live 15min from the Palm Desert sheriff's substation so this was by far the best option for me anyway, rather than driving an hour and half to BCTC.

My wife and I did our initials here back when Turners was 2A Sports, and then since have done renewals. Trainer is still the same guy. I really enjoyed all of his classes and so did my wife who isn't nearly as much into guns as I am.
Old 05-15-2022, 9:10 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I did mine through "The Training Range" which operates out of Turners in Palm Desert
https://www.trainingrange.com/

I live 15min from the Palm Desert sheriff's substation so this was by far the best option for me anyway, rather than driving an hour and half to BCTC.

My wife and I did our initials here back when Turners was 2A Sports, and then since have done renewals. Trainer is still the same guy. I really enjoyed all of his classes and so did my wife who isn't nearly as much into guns as I am.