Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Discussions of Faith
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2023, 6:02 AM

To the detractors, why would you not support this show? Is it perfect? Of course not. Is it 100 percent perfectly accurate to scripture? No. But what types of shows would you rather see on television? Shows like The Bachelor, skanky House Wives, Kardashians?

Or would you rather see shows that bring the Lord front and center promoting Christian values?
Old 10-24-2023, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordupmybrotha View Post
Exodus 20:4 is about worshipping an idol (tangible and intangible). As long as I'm not worshipping the TV Jesus, I don't think I'm engaged in idolatry. I don't think the 2nd Commandment prohibits artistic expression.
Actually...

Ex20:4 ?You shall not make for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth. 5 ?You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me,

V.4 commands "You shall not make"...or...or...or...
V.5 commands "you shall not worship them"...

Both are a serious sin. God wants us to see Him ONLY through His Word. Our minds grab onto these Hollywood images and become our visual image of Him. These are INFINITELY less that who He really is.

God wants our image of Jesus Christ to be in our "mind's eye" according to what He has revealed about Himself in Scripture only.

Christ even chose that His earthly body would not be an attraction (Is 53 quoted above). Christ wanted the people then to see Him for what He said and did. It's still the same today.

Blessings,

"Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason- I do not accept the authority of popes and councils [i.e. any man]- my conscience is captive to the Word of God." Martin Luther
Old 10-24-2023, 2:34 PM
From anotha motha
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by billvau View Post
Actually...

Ex20:4 ?You shall not make for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth. 5 ?You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me,

V.4 commands "You shall not make"...or...or...or...
V.5 commands "you shall not worship them"...

Both are a serious sin. God wants us to see Him ONLY through His Word. Our minds grab onto these Hollywood images and become our visual image of Him. These are INFINITELY less that who He really is.

God wants our image of Jesus Christ to be in our "mind's eye" according to what He has revealed about Himself in Scripture only.

Christ even chose that His earthly body would not be an attraction (Is 53 quoted above). Christ wanted the people then to see Him for what He said and did. It's still the same today.

Blessings,
Verse 20:4 apart from verse 20:5 is incomplete. If we are forbidden to make any likeness to what's in heaven or on earth, we couldn't paint or make sculptures of anything. God even told Moses to make a serpent to have people look at it to become healed.

8Then the LORD said to Moses, "Make a fiery serpent, and set it on a standard; and it shall come about, that everyone who is bitten, when he looks at it, he will live." 9And Moses made a bronze serpent and set it on the standard; and it came about, that if a serpent bit any man, when he looked to the bronze serpent, he lived. (NASB Numbers 21:8-9)

The reason why that's not considered idolatry is because they didn't worship the snake. But the act of making the likeness of the serpent was not idolatry. So isolating verse 4 from 5 isn't an accurate interpretation.
Old 10-24-2023, 3:26 PM
From anotha motha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailerparkTrash View Post

Glad you found the ?acting so good,? but did you find it accurate or misleading when compared to actual scripture? The show is biblically incorrect in so many ways as previously discussed already on this thread.

I also find Joel Osteen?s ?acting? and production behind the podium to be riveting, exciting and captivating. But I also recognize him to being a manipulator, a liar and an over all false teacher that uses the Bible for his own cash cow and not for proper teaching of The Word.

Would you ever accept and tolerate a counterfeit bible, just because its text sounds good and pleases the mind, yet is giving a distorted and/or a false and biblically inaccurate narrative? Of course you wouldn?t (I presume). So why would anyone want to watch a distorted or biased tv show which gives an unfair or misleading view of God?s pure words as found in the Bible?

Sometimes we as Christian?s have to put our foot down and call a spade a spade. We should not nor can we ever tolerate ?good enough? depictions of Christ in any manner presented to us, especially when the Bible isn?t being used accurately and is on the contrary, used to mislead (whether intentionally or not) viewers of the tv show.

**NOTE: The server won?t allow me to use quotation marks and instead automatically inserts question marks. I?m done trying to fix it. What a mess.
No, I didn't notice anything misleading theologically.
Yes, there were conversations and various interactions that are not in the Bible. It's a TV show, after all. I liked learning about the historical and cultural context.

They're not reciting the Bible. It's theater. So the analogy of a counterfeit Bible is not appropriate. I do acknowledge that this is no substitute for a Bible study and it's important to be rooted in fundamental theology from the Bible rather than from TV shows and movies.

There were so many touching scenes in there that made me appreciate how loving our God is. It's just a way more wholesome show to watch than so many others out there.
Old 10-24-2023, 3:44 PM

Quote:
Verse 20:4 apart from verse 20:5 is incomplete. If we are forbidden to make any likeness to what's in heaven or on earth, we couldn't paint or make sculptures of anything. God even told Moses to make a serpent to have people look at it to become healed.

8Then the LORD said to Moses, "Make a fiery serpent, and set it on a standard; and it shall come about, that everyone who is bitten, when he looks at it, he will live." 9And Moses made a bronze serpent and set it on the standard; and it came about, that if a serpent bit any man, when he looked to the bronze serpent, he lived. (NASB Numbers 21:8-9)

The reason why that's not considered idolatry is because they didn't worship the snake. But the act of making the likeness of the serpent was not idolatry. So isolating verse 4 from 5 isn't an accurate interpretation.
The fiery serpent was not a "likeness," it was a representation. It didn't try to look like Christ.

Yes, you can "isolate" to the extent that v.4 can stand alone, but v.5 refers back to v.4 ("them") so cannot.

We are not to create any art that attempts to depict God the Father, Jesus Christ, or the Holy Spirit using anything in creation!

Think of it from God's side - He is SO glorious that NOTHING man can make could be an accurate likeness of Him AND we get the most glorious understanding of Him through Scripture, unclouded by movie depictions that we cannot get out of our brain!

Peter understood these commands and didn't try to explain WHAT our glorious inheritance is, so instead used words that it is not:

1 Pe1:4 to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you,

Blessings,
Bill

"Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason- I do not accept the authority of popes and councils [i.e. any man]- my conscience is captive to the Word of God." Martin Luther

Last edited by billvau; 10-24-2023 at 4:44 PM..
Old 10-24-2023, 5:48 PM
From anotha motha

Quote:
The fiery serpent was not a "likeness," it was a representation. It didn't try to look like Christ.

Yes, you can "isolate" to the extent that v.4 can stand alone, but v.5 refers back to v.4 ("them") so cannot.

We are not to create any art that attempts to depict God the Father, Jesus Christ, or the Holy Spirit using anything in creation!

Think of it from God's side - He is SO glorious that NOTHING man can make could be an accurate likeness of Him AND we get the most glorious understanding of Him through Scripture, unclouded by movie depictions that we cannot get out of our brain!

Peter understood these commands and didn't try to explain WHAT our glorious inheritance is, so instead used words that it is not:

1 Pe1:4 to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you,

Blessings,
Bill
But Exodus 20:4 doesn't say we are not to make things in the likeness of God. It says likeness of what is in heaven, earth or water (basically everything). Which means that Moses' bronze serpent would fall in this category, because it is in the likeness of a snake.

"You shall not make for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth." Exodus 20:4

However, Exodus 20:5 is needed to provide the definition of what the idol is - that which we worship or serve.

"You shall not worship them or serve them; [rest redacted]" Exodus 20:5
Old 10-25-2023, 12:22 PM

Quote:
But Exodus 20:4 doesn't say we are not to make things in the likeness of God. It says likeness of what is in heaven, earth or water (basically everything). Which means that Moses' bronze serpent would fall in this category, because it is in the likeness of a snake.

"You shall not make for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth." Exodus 20:4

However, Exodus 20:5 is needed to provide the definition of what the idol is - that which we worship or serve.

"You shall not worship them or serve them; [rest redacted]" Exodus 20:5
I like your willingness to examine these texts! They are by no means easy to follow grammatically.

First, the serpent. God sent the serpents to a complaining Israel.

Numbers 21:5 The people spoke against God and Moses, ?Why have you brought us up out of Egypt to die in the wilderness? For there is no food and no water, and we loathe this miserable food.? 6 The LORD sent fiery serpents among the people and they bit the people, so that many people of Israel died.

The people recognize their complaining as sin and the serpents as punishment, so want to repent:

Nu21:7 So the people came to Moses and said, ?We have sinned, because we have spoken against the LORD and you; intercede with the LORD, that He may remove the serpents from us.? And Moses interceded for the people.

God provides a way of repentance - WILLFULLY look at the serpent on the pole. IOW, trust Me that you won't be bit by looking at the serpent on the pole.

Nu21:8 Then the LORD said to Moses, ?Make a fiery serpent, and set it on a standard; and it shall come about, that everyone who is bitten, when he looks at it, he will live.? 9 And Moses made a bronze serpent and set it on the standard; and it came about, that if a serpent bit any man, when he looked to the bronze serpent, he lived.

First, in the context, is there ANY explanation that this serpent on the pole represents God? No. It is simply God's way of making them do something to show willful trust in His solution to getting bit.

Now, to New Testament where Jesus uses this passage in John John 3:14?16.

Jn3:14 ?As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up; 15 so that whoever believes will in Him have eternal life. 16 ?For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

Notice the language in v.14: As...even so must... <-- This is the language of illustration / analogy. You could say "in the same way." All Jesus is doing is using the serpent story as an analogy to what He must do on the cross for men to be saved as He explains with "so that" (purpose). In Numbers, looking at the serpent saved your physical life. In John 3, the simple analogy illustrates a MUCH bigger picture than just looking at the physical cross. It has to because salvation includes repentance of sin, understanding and believing in the work that Christ did by His sinless life, death on the cross for sins, and resurrection for His successful work. We don't even have the cross to use if this is what He literally meant! IOW, illustration / analogy only.

Back to Exodus 20. The context of God, Who He is, How He expects to be represented, How He is to be respected, and How He is to be worshipped is necessary. First, you cannot pull these "or..." out to just say that we can't make a sculpture of a tree, etc.

And, the meaning of "worship and serve" are critical. In context, worship is much broader than what we call worship. It has a wide meaning that means respect, honor, etc. It's used other places in the OT.

Yes, there are two separate commands here. The second is dependent on the second.

The first is the critical one for this discussion. V.4 says that in the context discussing God, Who He is, and How he expects to be represented, we are not to "MAKE for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth." God ONLY wants to be represented by HIS REVELATION of Himself ("what is in heaven above") (Think Colossians 3:1-2). That's means the Bible only / thinking only. Nothing of the heavens or earth or water is to be used in any shape or form relative to God. And, certainly for idol worship!

So, Of course, it makes sense that He doesn't want someone representing His "likeness" as a tree, fish, bird, etc. We get that. But, to take an actor, put even biblical words in His script and have him represent Christ, is a far greater abomination to God. From God's point-of-view, that actor, that show, is trying to represent God to us. Abomination.

Anyways, there's a lot of context here, a lot of Hebrew mindset, Hebrew word meanings, etc. I checked the best Hebrew-based commentaries for accuracy of interpretation.

Before I was saved, I loved "Jesus of Nazareth." I recorded it off TV and watched it several times. My mind is forever engraved with the blue-eyed, gentle-looking, tall, slender, Robert Powell as Jesus. Then, I got saved,read Is. 53, and was appalled that I had a picture of Jesus that wasn't even close! And then I realized God didn't want me to have any worldly impression of Him! So, I never watched it again, and filled myself with who Jesus Christ is from the Bible - His character, His divinity, His way of living and serving. I'm learning a person (Eph. 4:20) and am in CLOSE personal fellowship / communion with Him every minute of every day (1 Cor. 1:9). I wouldn't ever dream of giving up my time with Him to watch some earthbound show that will play to my worldly flesh and only draw me away from real communion with Him.

How many of us would rather spend time with another woman who pretends to act/be our wife? I'll stick with the real one...

Blessings,

Old 10-25-2023, 9:14 PM
From anotha motha

Thanks for taking time to explain your reasoning.
If I'm hearing you correctly, because one of the purposes of Exodus 20 is to describe how God wants to be worshipped, v4 should be interpreted to mean that the idol or the likeness prohibited in that command refers to prohibiting making of idols and likeness of God?

If that's your view, I think the difference I have with that view is that I think that commandment prohibits anything that we worship as a substitute of God (i.e. worshipping the creation instead of the creator). Even though I agree with your premise that Exodus 20 describes how God wants to be worshipped, I just don't see that it only applies to the likeness of God.

I'm just not convinced that a depiction of God is forbidden in that commandment, as long as I'm not worshipping that depiction instead of the real God.

Quote:

Back to Exodus 20. The context of God, Who He is, How He expects to be represented, How He is to be respected, and How He is to be worshipped is necessary. First, you cannot pull these "or..." out to just say that we can't make a sculpture of a tree, etc.

Old 10-26-2023, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Thanks for taking time to explain your reasoning.
If I'm hearing you correctly, because one of the purposes of Exodus 20 is to describe how God wants to be worshipped, v4 should be interpreted to mean that the idol or the likeness prohibited in that command refers to prohibiting making of idols and likeness of God?

If that's your view, I think the difference I have with that view is that I think that commandment prohibits anything that we worship as a substitute of God (i.e. worshipping the creation instead of the creator). Even though I agree with your premise that Exodus 20 describes how God wants to be worshipped, I just don't see that it only applies to the likeness of God.

I'm just not convinced that a depiction of God is forbidden in that commandment, as long as I'm not worshipping that depiction instead of the real God.
Yes, "do not make" is the first command (v.4) and is separate from v.5's command. we are not to make any likeness of God, regardless of intent to worship or not. IOW, God's glory and majesty cannot be represented by anything made by us. We not only insult Him by doing so, but we also make our understanding of Him more earthbound, NOT more heavenly (Col. 3:1-4).

So, separate the worship part. Just think about how infinitely poor any likeness of Him is. Meditate on Scriptures that describe / explain Him and let those inspire your awe of His glory.

Blessings,

Old 10-26-2023, 5:59 PM

the fact that our Lord and Savior was both fully human and fully Divine is the linchpin upon which our salvation rests. to deny this is heresy.

as a human, it is fitting and proper to represent Him in two dimensional images, as the early Christians did.

this whole argument points to the necessity of reading all Scripture in a Christological sense. the Mosaic Law is fulfilled in Him and therefore is obsolete for Christians.

Acts 9, 10 and 15 make this clear.

whether this film is blasphemous is another discussion.
Old 10-27-2023, 4:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2761377 View Post
the fact that our Lord and Savior was both fully human and fully Divine is the linchpin upon which our salvation rests. to deny this is heresy.

as a human, it is fitting and proper to represent Him in two dimensional images, as the early Christians did.

this whole argument points to the necessity of reading all Scripture in a Christological sense. the Mosaic Law is fulfilled in Him and therefore is obsolete for Christians.

Acts 9, 10 and 15 make this clear.

whether this film is blasphemous is another discussion.
Sorry, but, no. First, Exodus 20:4-5 says exactly that - no likeness which includes two dimensional images. Second, Acts 9,10, 15 are not likenesses, they are the real person, Jesus Christ.

Blessings,

Old 10-27-2023, 4:23 AM
Veteran Member

Isn't it great that we are no longer under the LAW but live under GRACE?

Thank you, Jesus!

"You are severed from Christ, you who would be justified by the law; you have fallen away from grace." Galatians 5:4
Old 10-29-2023, 4:05 PM

Quote:
I can?t back the show. Dallas Jenkins (creator of The Chosen) is a wishy-washy person who doesn?t seem to know the definition of what a true Christian actually is. Here?s some excerpts from Jordan Riley?s podcast of the concerns with the series?..

1. Dallas Jenkins owns 44% of The Chosen. The other 56% is owned by the Mormons.

2. Dallas Jenkins goes on podcasts and defends the LDS religion regularly.

3. Season 2-3 was shot on an exclusive LDS-only film stage/set in Utah.

4. VidAngel who distributes the series is owned exclusively by Mormons.

Christian Pastors Voddie Bauchman and John MacArthur can?t back the series either, due to too many biblical errors with the show?s portrayal of the character playing Jesus, who says things that Jesus would never have said, because they are actual contradictions within the Bible. That?s a huge issue for me personally.

https://youtu.be/xllQUpEveDs
Thanks for sharing this. The biblical principle is this - whenever something is a violation of God's word, it is of Satan through the world system that he controls. We often don't know how, but it is.

This series is meant to lead people away from Christ. There, I said it!

Blessings,

Old 10-29-2023, 6:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokopelli View Post
Isn't it great that we are no longer under the LAW but live under GRACE?

Thank you, Jesus!

"You are severed from Christ, you who would be justified by the law; you have fallen away from grace." Galatians 5:4
Many Christians OVERSTATE the non-binding aspect of the 10 commandments today. Yes, we are not under the explicit penalties that they carry in Exodus 20 (many have the death penalty). But, not only are nine of the ten repeated in the NT (all but keep the Sabbath), and while it is true that Christ fulfilled the law on our behalf (Matt. 5:17), the New Testament is clear that believers should not violate God's moral law because of our standing in grace: Romans 6:15 ?What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? May it never be! ?
Since we are New Testament believers, we are freed from the bondage of sin, which allows us to freely live out the moral law in the Ten Commandments, summarized by Jesus Christ in Matt. 22:36-40: ?You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the great and foremost commandment. The second is like it, ?You shall love your neighbor as yourself.? On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets?

1 John 5:21 summarizes the two parts of Exodus 20:4-5. There are two violations of Exodus 20:4-5. First, the MAKING of any likeness to represent God, and second, separately, the WORSHIP of it.

1 John 5:21 "Little children, guard yourselves from idols. "

The moral law contained in Exodus 20:4-5 is still valid today. It nicely gives us the detail behind 1 John 5:21. There are many other passages in the NT that support the many facets of Exodus 20:4-5.
I'd suggest that people stop looking for ways to justify watching this false teaching TV show and instead start looking for ways to be more obedient to God. Which is better? An hour in your Bible or an hour of this show? Do you even spend a solid, contiguous, hour in private Bible Study a week? A solid hour in private prayer? Yet, so many here want to argue against Scripture to be entertained by this Satan-inspired blasphemy.

Last edited by billvau; 10-29-2023 at 6:37 PM.. Reason: cut-and-paste of my Word writeup lost spacing and single quotes.
Old 10-29-2023, 7:23 PM
Norville Iron Bank
CGN Contributor

God does want to have anyone make a representation of him, because he is so far above the human experience that we cannot begin to comprehend who or what he is. We cannot make an image and say God is like this. God is not like anything we could possibly imagine. He is infinitely beyond all that. To make an image of God is to lessen him, make him smaller. His ways and will is something we cannot begin to get even a handle on.

Jesus is God taking on human form. As the Church fathers said, into Jesus was poured all of God that a human being can hold. But God is way beyond what the Apostles saw in the Jesus that they knew so well. Anyone could see Jesus and what he was like. We are not supposed to want to see God. We are supposed to want to see Jesus. The Chosen helps us see Jesus. Amen to that !
Old 10-29-2023, 8:33 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Many Christians OVERSTATE the non-binding aspect of the 10 commandments today. Yes, we are not under the explicit penalties that they carry in Exodus 20 (many have the death penalty). But, not only are nine of the ten repeated in the NT (all but keep the Sabbath), and while it is true that Christ fulfilled the law on our behalf (Matt. 5:17), the New Testament is clear that believers should not violate God's moral law because of our standing in grace: Romans 6:15 ?What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? May it never be! ?
Since we are New Testament believers, we are freed from the bondage of sin, which allows us to freely live out the moral law in the Ten Commandments, summarized by Jesus Christ in Matt. 22:36-40: ?You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the great and foremost commandment. The second is like it, ?You shall love your neighbor as yourself.? On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets?

1 John 5:21 summarizes the two parts of Exodus 20:4-5. There are two violations of Exodus 20:4-5. First, the MAKING of any likeness to represent God, and second, separately, the WORSHIP of it.

1 John 5:21 "Little children, guard yourselves from idols. "

The moral law contained in Exodus 20:4-5 is still valid today. It nicely gives us the detail behind 1 John 5:21. There are many other passages in the NT that support the many facets of Exodus 20:4-5.
I'd suggest that people stop looking for ways to justify watching this false teaching TV show and instead start looking for ways to be more obedient to God. Which is better? An hour in your Bible or an hour of this show? Do you even spend a solid, contiguous, hour in private Bible Study a week? A solid hour in private prayer? Yet, so many here want to argue against Scripture to be entertained by this Satan-inspired blasphemy.
For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin.Romans 3:20
Old 10-31-2023, 3:42 PM
From anotha motha

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF90 View Post
All I can say about it is "WATCH IT" , and "LEARN" , we have watched it more than once
I watched it twice.
Old 10-31-2023, 5:47 PM
Norville Iron Bank
CGN Contributor

It's was sad watching the Georgia election results with Herschel Walker not quite having enough to win outright with no runoff necessary. Because there was a Libertarian taking away a few votes. So now we have a Libtard Democrat in the Senate.

It's sad to see Christians not supporting The Chosen because it isn't pure enough. So it goes unwatched, and instead the masses stream the woke trash from Hollywood.

Not accepting the good, but hold out for what I think is perfect, seems very foolish to me.
Old 11-01-2023, 12:00 PM
From anotha motha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darto View Post
It's was sad watching the Georgia election results with Herschel Walker not quite having enough to win outright with no runoff necessary. Because there was a Libertarian taking away a few votes. So now we have a Libtard Democrat in the Senate.

It's sad to see Christians not supporting The Chosen because it isn't pure enough. So it goes unwatched, and instead the masses stream the woke trash from Hollywood.

Not accepting the good, but hold out for what I think is perfect, seems very foolish to me.
I have a theory about that.
In general, the liberals will do what their overlords tell them, they're compliant and believe that the end justifies the means. You can put a pile of crap as their candidate and they'll vote for the crap.

However, conservatives are generally independent-minded, principled and believe that the end does NOT justify the means (generally). So there's more in fighting, not as unified and individualistic.

So people who believe that The Chosen is unbiblical won't support it even if it means that it could potentially have benefits. And I think that's fine. Everyone should have a clear conscience.
Old 11-04-2023, 12:25 PM
Norville Iron Bank
CGN Contributor

Quote:
I have a theory about that.
In general, the liberals will do what their overlords tell them, they're compliant and believe that the end justifies the means. You can put a pile of crap as their candidate and they'll vote for the crap.

However, conservatives are generally independent-minded, principled and believe that the end does NOT justify the means (generally). So there's more in fighting, not as unified and individualistic.

So people who believe that The Chosen is unbiblical won't support it even if it means that it could potentially have benefits. And I think that's fine. Everyone should have a clear conscience.

HUH! Let me prepare my rebuttal. Oops looks like I can't think of any. Rats.
Old 11-04-2023, 12:28 PM
Norville Iron Bank
CGN Contributor

2023 and Jesus appears !! OK, not really but....

Old 11-04-2023, 12:54 PM

If someone believes The Chosen is unbiblical, why would they support it in any way? Why is that sad? Bizarre.
Old 11-04-2023, 5:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokopelli View Post
For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin.Romans 3:20
Why do you quote a verse that has to do with salvation through the Law when the point was about Christian Living and the Law? Sure, no can be saved by keeping the Law, my post was about how Christians can use God's moral law seen through the Law in the OT.

Blessings,

Old 11-04-2023, 5:57 PM

Quote:
I can?t back the show. Dallas Jenkins (creator of The Chosen) is a wishy-washy person who doesn?t seem to know the definition of what a true Christian actually is. Here?s some excerpts from Jordan Riley?s podcast of the concerns with the series?..

1. Dallas Jenkins owns 44% of The Chosen. The other 56% is owned by the Mormons.

2. Dallas Jenkins goes on podcasts and defends the LDS religion regularly.

3. Season 2-3 was shot on an exclusive LDS-only film stage/set in Utah.

4. VidAngel who distributes the series is owned exclusively by Mormons.

Christian Pastors Voddie Bauchman and John MacArthur can?t back the series either, due to too many biblical errors with the show?s portrayal of the character playing Jesus, who says things that Jesus would never have said, because they are actual contradictions within the Bible. That?s a huge issue for me personally.

https://youtu.be/xllQUpEveDs
That says it all. Thanks for sharing this. Satan doesn't appear to us as the most evil thing in the world - he appears as an angel of light (2 Cor. 11:14).

If the Mormon church is behind the The Chosen, it's of Satan and this world, not of Christ.