Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 05-08-2021, 10:36 AM

Default Going to Front Sight with the Mini 14 and PCC.40

Doing a Rifle class at FS this next week and decided it had been a while since I took the Mini 14. It is running really well right now so I said WTH.

I will mostly be running my Tapco 30 Round Magazines.

Since it is foolish to go there with only one gun I am taking my PCC.40 along too as a backup gun. This will work out well logistically as I am also doing a 2 Day Pistol Skill Builder with my G23, so I'll only need 2 kinds of ammo to cover both classes.

Going to be having fun in the 90+ degree weather, Hope to see you all there.

Do Hydrate for several days before leaving for the desert.

Randy
Rule #1 Liberals screw up everything they touch.
Rule #2 Whatever they accuse you of, they are already doing.
Rule #3 Liberals lie about anything no matter how insignificant.
Rule #4 If all else fails, they call you a Racist!

It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,, It is how well you do what you don't know how to do.
www.buchananprecisionmachine.com
Old 05-08-2021, 12:33 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Have fun! They’ve reduced the round count also to lessen the student’s cost for ammo.

Just be aware that if you use the PCC for class, you test will not count.

The wife will be pissed, but Jesus always forgives.
Old 05-08-2021, 1:12 PM

Have fun! Seen guys use leverage actions in .357 lots of fun

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Old 05-08-2021, 2:30 PM
Calguns Addict

Thank God it's about a gun vacation. I thought it was gonna be another thread about Mini-14 worship.

The PCC/Glock combo whould be valuable training. Probably would kick azz.
"Find out just what the people will submit to and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them and these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress."
-- Frederick Douglass --

“I didn’t know I was a slave until I found out I couldn’t do the things I wanted.”
– Frederick Douglass --

Last edited by FeuerFrei; 05-08-2021 at 2:32 PM.. Reason: derp smell checkker
Old 05-09-2021, 9:05 AM

Yeah, I love my Mini, It was my first .223 carbine and I got it because in 2006 you couldn't buy an AR in CA.

I've shot the PCC.40 in a class before. Kevin Cress was/is lobbying pretty hard for the PCC to be included in the tests since they are only shooting rifles at 100 yards now and any PCC will shoot 100 yards!

When I started at Front Sight in 2006 we shot at 25, 50,100, 200 and 400 yards. It was pretty hard to DG that Class. Then they lowered it to 200 yards a few years ago, and now it's only 100, which I shoot offhand as I'm not willing to roll around in the dirt at 71 for a hundred yard shot I can make offhand just about every time with any of my guns..

The Ruger PCC platform is a great short range gun. The .40 S&W gives it a little more umph and since I have two Glocks in .40 S&W it seemed like the proper choice. (I don't do 9mm!)

I lobbied Ruger hard for that gun and got one of the first ones off the line when they finally showed up. The only problems I've had with the gun is it's tendency to double feed the first two rounds in a full 22 or 31 round magazine. Down Loading by 2 rounds fixed that .

I'm only doing two days so there's no test anyway and I'll probably shoot the Mini 14 one day and the PCC the other. that one is just for fun and I'll leave for home from there instead of going back to Vegas.

I just wish it would rain tomorrow and Tuesday and cool the place down a little before we get there. It is supposed to be 93F+ all 4 days I'm there.

Will probably have a good time anyway.

Randy
Rule #1 Liberals screw up everything they touch.
Rule #2 Whatever they accuse you of, they are already doing.
Rule #3 Liberals lie about anything no matter how insignificant.
Rule #4 If all else fails, they call you a Racist!

It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,, It is how well you do what you don't know how to do.
www.buchananprecisionmachine.com