Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Non-California Permits/Licenses
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Non-California Permits/Licenses For out of State License/Permit discussion

Old 11-17-2021, 11:57 PM

Default Nevada dropped Florida CWFL recognition!

Don't know how I missed this and don't think it's a dupe, but better to have the info out into the community.

Nevada NO longer honors the Florida CWFL, here is the most recent list from Nevada DPS, effective 07/01/2021:

https://rccd.nv.gov/uploadedFiles/gs...July%2021).pdf

However Nevada still recognizes the Arizona CWP and the Utah CFP!
Old 11-18-2021, 8:10 AM

Nevada is becoming more ridiculous each day.

My NV CCW instructor actually advised me to drop NV and just keep FL / UT, as the processing times are through the roof in NV, and he said they will be raising fees.

Don’t know how much of that is true, but I really don’t feel a great need to feed the beast there, anymore.
Old 11-18-2021, 8:37 AM
Calguns Addict

Thanks for the heads up.

iTrader
Old 11-18-2021, 8:54 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotron2k84 View Post
Nevada is becoming more ridiculous each day.

My NV CCW instructor actually advised me to drop NV and just keep FL / UT, as the processing times are through the roof in NV, and he said they will be raising fees.

Don’t know how much of that is true, but I really don’t feel a great need to feed the beast there, anymore.
I dropped NV only because I could not get to NV to take a renewal class before my NV permit expired. Otherwise, I would have done so, despite the fact that I have a UT and an enhanced ID permit, both of which are valid in NV. I have a WA permit despite the fact that my UT and enhanced ID permits are valid there.
Old 11-19-2021, 8:13 AM

If NV accepted the NRA pistol certification like other states do, and didn’t require an in-person application, I might have decided to keep it. As it stands, why should I drive 250 mi each way to take a test and apply when I can just send in my UT (or FL, AZ) renewal by mail?

The amount of time I spend in NV is limited and I’m not hanging around school zones, nor buying non-C&R guns there (impossible as a CA resident), so the impetus for having a NV-issued permit is not very high. Originally NV had great reciprocity, but that is waning as well.

Not that the in-person requirement is a new thing, but Nevada (Reno) is unfortunately turning into Eastern California, and my CCW instructor that escaped CA 20 years ago is plotting his next move, sadly.
Old 11-24-2021, 7:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotron2k84 View Post
My NV CCW instructor actually advised me to drop NV and just keep FL / UT, as the processing times are through the roof in NV, and he said they will be raising fees....
Doesn't help that they suspended the person that was in charge of running the background checks; my niece.
Old 11-29-2021, 7:27 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I own property between Las Vegas and Pahrump. It's in Clark Co so I get to use the LVMPD instead of Nye County. I spend about 4-5 months a year at the house there, the rest of the time I spend in Cali at my primary residence. My wife works for the State, so it's hard to claim I don't live here, but she does for taxes. I applied as a NV Non-Resident, was rejected, they found where I owned property and have a vehicle registered there, it's a ranch pickup, never goes more than 20 miles one way. They told me I had to apply as a Resident. I had to go to NV DMV, get an ID only, you can't hold a driver's license in 2 states, only 1. After I did that, I was able to get it knocked out in 2 days from start to finish paperwork and qualification wise. But what a pain. Now Cali DMV is asking me why I have a NV ID and a Cali DL. I should have waited until my wife retires next year.
Old 11-30-2021, 10:33 PM

Many of us have IDs in other states. I was pulled over at a DUI checkpoint "I offered to give ID to trouper, "Note: I dont drink" and I remember the officers radio say "My name" my name in Ariz"

On my way, I guess if you have two different ID states this will come up on the officers screen.
Old 12-03-2021, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usual_Suspect View Post
I own property between Las Vegas and Pahrump. It's in Clark Co so I get to use the LVMPD instead of Nye County. I spend about 4-5 months a year at the house there, the rest of the time I spend in Cali at my primary residence. My wife works for the State, so it's hard to claim I don't live here, but she does for taxes. I applied as a NV Non-Resident, was rejected, they found where I owned property and have a vehicle registered there, it's a ranch pickup, never goes more than 20 miles one way. They told me I had to apply as a Resident. I had to go to NV DMV, get an ID only, you can't hold a driver's license in 2 states, only 1. After I did that, I was able to get it knocked out in 2 days from start to finish paperwork and qualification wise. But what a pain. Now Cali DMV is asking me why I have a NV ID and a Cali DL. I should have waited until my wife retires next year.
That is really retarded by Nevada and it sounds like you really are NOT a Nevada resident! Do you pay income tax to Kaliforniastan or work here?

I don't know how you were able to obtain a Nevada ID while concurrently possesing a Kaliforniastan DL? The correct option for you would have been to obtain a Nevada "Seasonal Resident ID"

The residency and proof of identity requirements for a Nevada identification card are the same as those for a driver license. You must be a resident of Nevada. The minimum age for an ID card is 10 years.

You cannot hold both an Identification Card and a Driver License, even if they are from different states. Nevada has a seasonal resident ID for those who reside in the state only part of the year.

https://dmvnv.com/idcards.htm