Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Coronavirus/COVID19 Temp Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Coronavirus/COVID19 Temp Forum This is a temporary forum for discussion, debate, sharing and helping each other during and in relation to the Coronavirus/COVID19

Old 01-16-2022, 7:51 AM
Former cabinetguy
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlderThanDirt View Post
It’s probably the 229E, NL63, OC43, and HKU1 variants that are spreading so fast.

Let’s just hope we don’t get the A/H1N1 Variant, last time that one hit hard it buried 20% of the world population.

Your variants are weak sauce, they won’t take out 2% combined, even counting motorcycle accidents and gunshots.

Can’t somebody do something?!?!?!?!
Old 01-16-2022, 7:54 AM
Former cabinetguy
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlewpolar View Post
I have a friend who goes out dancing, goes to bars , goes to yoga, basically keeps his regular routines when he is sick. Cold, flu, it doesn’t matter. I’ve yelled at him many times. Why are you going out and infecting everyone? He is selfish AND stupid. And he just caught Covid and after a few days, as soon as he could, he was out there again. There are selfish jerks all over. And they could be standing right next to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does he like musicals? Reach right the beer for a Zima or White Zinfandel? Does he drive a Miata?

Can’t somebody do something?!?!?!?!
Old 01-16-2022, 10:03 AM
Calguns Addict

Rlew, actually if most of the population is vaxxed and can get it and spread it just the same you're the super spreader and don't even know it.
Old 01-16-2022, 11:08 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by five.five-six View Post
Let’s just hope we don’t get the A/H1N1 Variant, last time that one hit hard it buried 20% of the world population.

Your variants are weak sauce, they won’t take out 2% combined, even counting motorcycle accidents and gunshots.
Yup. My variants are all coronaviruses associated with the common cold. They’ve been around forever.
Old 01-16-2022, 11:17 AM

Good, we will have herd immunity by summer. It will be over. That is what they really fear.

Edit : corrected my misspelling of herd (heard).

Last edited by Term; 01-16-2022 at 12:41 PM..
Old 01-16-2022, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadon View Post
Rlew, actually if most of the population is vaxxed and can get it and spread it just the same you're the super spreader and don't even know it.

I wasn’t talking about Covid necessarily. I have some sympathy for asymptomatic carriers, vaxxed or unvaxxed who unknowingly spread it. I’m talking about idiots who are symptomatic (flu, cold, Covid, the next hemorrhagic fever virus, whatever). They feel lousy and yet still insist on not breaking their routines. Why you would want to go the gym or movies or bars when you are hacking or have a fever is beyond me. Stay home for a few days. Believe me, the world will survive just fine without you. Especially those narcissistic idiots who believe that their workplace can’t possibly do without them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 01-16-2022, 12:12 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Term View Post
Good, we will have heard immunity by summer. It will be over. That is what they really fear.
I heard this months ago, "it's becoming endemic". My prediction, Omicron is just a break. They've accomplished making people fearful of viruses, wearing masks and taking experimental injections. They are backing off for the time being, then once everyone's relaxed, here comes another variant or crisis.
This is how you persuade people to do things they normally wouldn't do. It's a proven technique and it's being employed on the masses, globally.
Old 01-16-2022, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUTTER View Post
I heard this months ago, "it's becoming endemic". My prediction, Omicron is just a break. They've accomplished making people fearful of viruses, wearing masks and taking experimental injections. They are backing off for the time being, then once everyone's relaxed, here comes another variant or crisis.

This is how you persuade people to do things they normally wouldn't do. It's a proven technique and it's being employed on the masses, globally.
Yep thats why they have a "new" vaxxine coming in March, once people start to "get back to normal" blamo something else hits and control is now taken back only worse this time, and maybe* Australia will let up for a minute...

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Old 01-16-2022, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Term View Post
Good, we will have heard immunity by summer. It will be over. That is what they really fear.
That would be “herd” immunity, and unfortunately Omi may be showing that to be an impossible (or at least unlikely) outcome.

While it appeared that the first variant or two didn’t appear to suffer from reinfections, as near as I could tell (and evidenced in part by the fact that it didn’t just continue to circle in the nursing homes, for instance), up until recently i didn’t personally know anyone who had it twice. Also, Dr. Peter McCullough stated as much in his interview with Joe Rogan, in spite of Joe insisting that he knew several who had.

Now, I know a number of people who have, or are, going through a second round. It does appear to be less significant as far as the symptoms, and most of them have been pricked at least a couple of times.

Only time will tell whether the world can and will reach herd immunity, or whether it devolves to the point where it becomes yet another cold or flu which we end up having to deal with every year.
Just remember BAMN - there is no level too low for them to stoop!
—————————————————————
COVID survivor - ain’t gonna get pricked!
Old 01-17-2022, 5:49 PM
Veteran Member

But OMICRON cases are declining so much in UK they’re ending vax mandates.
Old 01-17-2022, 8:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Eastvale View Post
But OMICRON cases are declining so much in UK they’re ending vax mandates.
Damn its because they got a "new" vax coming out in march thats supposed to finish everything off....

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk