Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 10-01-2021, 10:12 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paredg2 View Post
What about carrying Freedom week standard capacity magazines with your CCW? I saw a statement about that topic but it’s not clear if it’s allowed or not. I was just curious…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you tried their website??

Old 10-01-2021, 10:14 AM
Veteran Member

It says on the website. Interpret it as you’d like.

Old 10-01-2021, 5:48 PM

Renewals...

Could someone let me know how long it took for you to get approved after receiving the refund notification?

Just got my refund today and I’m trying to figure out what to expect time wise.

Thanks.
Old 10-01-2021, 5:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingDings View Post
Renewals...

Could someone let me know how long it took for you to get approved after receiving the refund notification?

Thanks.

I got refunded on Monday, and got my approval yesterday after I sent requested additional documents.

Old 10-02-2021, 10:18 AM

Standard cap magazines not being allowed in Riverside County per investigators. They are going on what's on the DOJ website regarding mags and until that notice changes we are not allowed to posses them at all.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Old 10-03-2021, 3:24 PM

Quote:
Renewals...

Thanks.
Still waiting on my 3rd renewal submitted all my documents end of June permit expires on 10/8 sent an email on 9/23 inquiring about my renewal status that day received an email stating refund notification plus another email stating application received and is being processed with a current time of 90-120 days?? Not sure what's going on??
Old 10-03-2021, 8:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xstrada View Post
Still waiting on my 3rd renewal submitted all my documents end of June permit expires on 10/8 sent an email on 9/23 inquiring about my renewal status that day received an email stating refund notification plus another email stating application received and is being processed with a current time of 90-120 days?? Not sure what's going on??
Wtf?

Refund AND a notice of another 90-120 days?

That’s crazy.

Just got my refund and was thinking approval was right around the corner. Maybe not.
Old 10-04-2021, 6:43 AM

Quote:
Wtf?

Refund AND a notice of another 90-120 days?

That’s crazy.

Just got my refund and was thinking approval was right around the corner. Maybe not.

My email had the same thing, but I received my card 5 days from the day I received the email even though it said 90-120 days.

Email and refund received 09/27, received renewal card via USPS 10:1.

Old 10-04-2021, 8:03 AM

Hello all,
I have just moved to Orange County and would sincerely appreciate any insight I can get on this…it feels so good to finally break free from LA and live somewhere that respects our rights. I have a couple questions..

- (This is not to sound pompous, I just want to give the best GC I possibly can to ensure I receive this permit)…I have hundreds of thousands of followers on social media. Some that support me, others who hate me. I’ve received death threats via social media and have had encounters with aggressive individuals who’ve recognized me in public (I didn’t file police reports). My office address was also recently leaked…my other GC: My office/warehouse in DTLA contains hundreds of thousands of dollars in merchandise and artwork. This is where I spend most of my time from 6AM - 5PM. Given that the address was leaked publicly, this also makes me feel like a target..will this 2nd GC hold up though? Given that I’m explaining good cause to the OC Sheriff about feeling targeted in LAC?
I’m not sure which GC is better or if both will suffice.

-I also have only owned my home in OC for a week, should I wait until it’s been a month to apply? I can’t tell if it will reflect poorly that I moved immediately and want this permit, though I personally feel targeted now more than ever..

I don’t expect an answer to my massive question, but I appreciate this message board and the help it has already given me. Thank you so much for your time and I hope everyone stays safe.
Old 10-04-2021, 9:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confusedincali1 View Post
Hello all,
I have just moved to Orange County and would sincerely appreciate any insight I can get on this…it feels so good to finally break free from LA and live somewhere that respects our rights. I have a couple questions..

- (This is not to sound pompous, I just want to give the best GC I possibly can to ensure I receive this permit)…I have hundreds of thousands of followers on social media. Some that support me, others who hate me. I’ve received death threats via social media and have had encounters with aggressive individuals who’ve recognized me in public (I didn’t file police reports). My office address was also recently leaked…my other GC: My office/warehouse in DTLA contains hundreds of thousands of dollars in merchandise and artwork. This is where I spend most of my time from 6AM - 5PM. Given that the address was leaked publicly, this also makes me feel like a target will this 2nd GC hold up though? Given that I’m explaining good cause to the OC Sheriff about feeling targeted in LAC?

-I also have only owned my home in OC for a week, should I wait until it’s been a month to apply? I can’t tell if it will reflect poorly that I moved immediately and want this permit, though I personally feel targeted now more than ever..

I don’t expect an answer to my massive question, but I appreciate this message board and the help it has already given me. Thank you so much for your time and I hope everyone stays safe.
Your reasons for wanting a CCW (Your GCS) seem justifiable from my point of view.

I would add any and all paperwork, documents you have related to the leaking of the addresses, any and all police reports related to any activity that put you in harms way (If you filed a police report).

When reading your post - I had a follow up questions. Do you deal in the sales of art or high dollar items? Do you often carry large sums of money b4 or after said transactions? Work location - is it dark, remote, and in a dangerous neighborhood? Could the hours you spend at your work location increase risk to your personal safety? If yes, can you print a blotter showing activity in your area?

Again, the OCSD WANTS to issue, they just NEED you to eloquently explain to them "WHY" you need it. Sheriff Don Barnes is an amazing sheriff and I recommend you follow him on social media. What I love is when Newscum gives a directive, Don Barnes will go on Social Media and defy him. Release of prisoners due to COVID-19 - Sheriff Barnes denied CA request and kept prisoners in Jail. You seem to be on the right path. Ive had my permit for 4 renewals (8 years or so). and my reasons for GC are: Cash transactions, threats at my work place (Customers in Real Estate, I deal with evictions and renters), hiking and camping in remote areas, craigslist ads and provide them with my application. Its seems mute, but its $400 - $1,200 at times of cash transactions. And I have had zero issues with my application. I dont get follow up questions to my GCS. I try to provide as much back up docs as possible when I renew.

Regarding your residency: Why wait one more day! Get in line now, times are extended anyway and if they need further documents, they can request those 90-120 days from now, which will give you more time to acquire those. Get your foot in line now, as the line is long. My $0.02.

Last edited by downdiver2; 10-04-2021 at 2:31 PM..
Old 10-04-2021, 10:39 AM

Is OC still requiring 3-4 proofs of residency or is it back down to 2?
Old 10-04-2021, 11:31 AM

Quote:
... I’ve received death threats via social media and have had encounters with aggressive individuals who’ve recognized me in public (I didn’t file police reports).
Find out if it is too late for you to still file a report. It's not that you expect them to actually do anything at this point, but if it is legally possible for you to file, you should. That documentation is gold.

The more time I spend on this forum, the more sense kcbrown makes.
Old 10-04-2021, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFW View Post
5/28/21 - Renewal application submitted
7/13/21 - Emailed for status, was told reviews are taking 90 days.

It's now 9/8 with zero updates, permit expires in a couple weeks. Likely going to email them again to check on things.
Got an email today requesting an additional document. I supplied that and they replied within minutes saying my application is under review. Couple hours later got an approval email. Now just waiting to provide payment over the phone, and receive the new permit by mail.

10/4/21 - Approved
Old 10-04-2021, 1:48 PM

Quote:
Hello all,
[...]

- (This is not to sound pompous, I just want to give the best GC I possibly can to ensure I receive this permit)…I have hundreds of thousands of followers on social media. Some that support me, others who hate me. I’ve received death threats via social media and have had encounters with aggressive individuals who’ve recognized me in public (I didn’t file police reports). My office address was also recently leaked…my other GC: My office/warehouse in DTLA contains hundreds of thousands of dollars in merchandise and artwork. This is where I spend most of my time from 6AM - 5PM. Given that the address was leaked publicly, this also makes me feel like a target..will this 2nd GC hold up though? Given that I’m explaining good cause to the OC Sheriff about feeling targeted in LAC?
Anything claimed in a GC statement should be supportable by evidence, otherwise it will probably be ignored, or could even be detrimental.

If you are arguing that your social media activities are pertinent, you'll need to make it easy for them to verify all of that, particularly if you have received credible threats and/or have been doxxed.

Regarding the office/warehouse, you could argue that it makes you a target for criminal activity, but again, you would need to document your claims in such a way that they (OCSD investigators) can readily agree with you. For example, police reports that could corroborate criminal interest in your office/warehouse, but I would expect that they would want to see something in writing which plausibly connects you to that office/warehouse and substantiates your claims. While you cannot expect "self-defense" to be accepted, if you can reasonably demonstrate that your work makes you a target, at greater risk, and provide evidence of same, that can't hurt your statement. In my experience they ask for a recent paystub, or something that shows the applicant owns a business and, say, makes regular cash deposits or such as that. A pharmacist, for example, could submit a paystub that shows they work part-time or full-time in a pharmacy.

If you want to bounce your GC statement off a lawyer who also teaches CCW courses, I would recommend you consider registering for the (free) Pre-CCW class at Artemis. They have sessions on Friday 8 October and Friday 19 November 2021. These are run online via Zoom.

When I first considered applying, I registered for this (pre-plandemic, pre-Zoom) and Lieberman answered all of my questions and objections, basically getting me off the fence. It was very helpful to run my GC statement past him, and I greatly appreciated his advice.

I took my required training at Artemis and continue to use them for renewal and add-a-gun. I'm not sure what proportion of OC CCW permit-holders they have trained, but it is a large proportion.

Quote:

You need documents to agree. You need a driver's license with the residence address and a utility bill (not a mortgage statement) that demonstrates your residency. If your schedule permits, while you get these ducks in a row, I would encourage you to register the pre-CCW class.
Old 10-04-2021, 2:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFW View Post
Got an email today requesting an additional document. I supplied that and they replied within minutes saying my application is under review. Couple hours later got an approval email. Now just waiting to provide payment over the phone, and receive the new permit by mail.

10/4/21 - Approved
I submitted two days prior to you "In the order received my ars"

I shouldnt have follow up questions, as its my 4th renewal and same GCS, etc.

I however, haven't sent a Karen email. Maybe I should, seems the squeaky Karen gets the cheese on the hamster wheel.
Old 10-04-2021, 3:12 PM

Thank you all so much for your replies. I submitted my application and kept what you all said in mind. I may need to supply more documentation to substantiate my GC but I provided what immediately came to mind. My last question..

-I performed my Live Scan today because the person I use was available and in my area. I know this is ahead of time. My CA cleared same day but my FBI is still in progress as well as Firearms. I’ve seen many posts that say FBI and CA both cleared on the same day as the Live Scan…given that the day isn’t over, this could still be possible. It’s just bugging me because I’ve seen most people have CA and FBI clear same day.

Thank you again for all your help
Old 10-06-2021, 1:26 PM

Another GC question.

I am in the local OC Santa Ana Mountains/Cleveland National Forest on my bike alot. Depending on where I go, I can be pretty much solo. And with winter coming and winter hours, I am also in the dark (with a high quality light system of course). I would feel a little better if I could carry a sub-compact in the event of a aggressive wildlife encounter, namely mountain lion. Is personal protection while doing remote outdoor activities a justifiable GC? I probably would not be carrying otherwise.
Old 10-06-2021, 2:35 PM

Hello all,

Thank you all so much for your help. I applied for my CCW on 10/4 and due to the nature of my GC, I was able to reschedule my interview to 10/21.

I have a question, on the application, it asks about moving violations in a vehicle. I have a speeding ticket on my record, which i disclosed with all the information you’d need. BUT, from some reading of the forums, I am nervous that it actually required me to disclose moving violations that were dismissed/traffic school as well. I currently have one that I’m fighting 1 and have had a total of 4 that have been dismissed, and 2 that I’ve done traffic school for. Should I have disclosed these despite having them be dismissed or traffic school? Thank you so much for your help.
Old 10-06-2021, 2:44 PM
Veteran Member

Definitely disclose all citations. Do not hide any. It may appear dishonest if you try to hide them and so forth.

They’re looking into how frequent you had police contact, regardless of disposition.

But 5+ citations in a 3-5 year span may be frowned upon. If you are approved, definitely avoid being pulled over as you will need to report the police contact, regardless if you got a citation or not.

Old 10-06-2021, 3:21 PM

Thanks so much for your response. I uploaded a document that is a written explanation and detailing of each…do you think my chances have decreased significantly? My GC was urgent enough to have my appointment moved to a couple weeks for when I applied but the document I just submitted to them discloses the following:

- My license was suspended for one (1) day in 2017 due to an unpaid ticket I completely forgot about (I believe it was a parking ticket, but I am not 100% sure) in Nebraska (This was on my cross country trip to California to move there, so I am not 100% sure if it was Nebraska, but I am extremely confident it was.) This does not appear on my auto-insurance anymore, so I am not sure if the DMV was able to correct this or if it still shows up, but I want to be 100% transparent about the fact that it did happen, even if it was for 1 day.

- I’m currently disputing a speeding ticket
-I’ve had 3 moving violations dismissed in 2020 and 2021
- I’ve done traffic school 2 times in 2019 and 2020
- I did traffic school for a moving violation in Iowa in 2020

Does this decimate my chances even though I technically only have 1 actual point/conviction? I am a business owner who’s address was recently compromised online and I have hundreds of thousands of product at this address at any given moment..had I known traffic citations would’ve counted against me, it would’ve probably been wiser to wait a few more years to apply. What are your thoughts?
Old 10-06-2021, 5:22 PM

Quote:

The good news in terms of applying in OC (as opposed to LA, e.g.) is you upload the requested documents, instead of bringing hard copies in with you. Water, power, and gas all have PDF's bills you can download. And you just upload those.

If you have AAA, some branches are offering Real ID services so maybe you can change your address there and skip the DMV hassle and delays.

Be sure to add CRPA as your charity in Amazon Smile.
Old 10-07-2021, 2:14 PM

Ok, just slipped the renewal permit in my wallet fresh out of the mail. Figured I'd share my total timeline.

5/13/21 Renewal app submitted & all required paperwork except training certificate.
5/17/21 training certificate submitted.
8/20/21 sent an email just checking if they got my renewal app - received a reply in less than an hour stating they had everything and the process was taking 90-120 days right now.
9/7/21 current permit expires. 118 days since the app was submitted.
9/30/21 received an email saying more documentation of address needed and some photos of my hunting, off roading etc. to support parts of GCS (come to find out my homeowners' insurance bill isn't acceptable as proof of address - go figure) provided everything asked for.
10/2/21 received an email stating approved and "A member of our staff will be in touch with you to process payment over the phone..." (on a Saturday no less - guess someone was working overtime?)
10/4/21 at 8:01 am received an email stating contact CCW unit to submit payment. Called about 8:30 am got right through and paid. "Card will be mailed out today"
10/7/21 card arrived in the mail dated for today so I'm getting the full two years to the day.

Set a reminder on the calendar for 120 days from expiration.

Total time - 148 days
Time expired (unarmed) - 31 days

Last edited by Redhawker; 10-11-2021 at 12:52 PM..
Old 10-07-2021, 3:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Cal_OC View Post
Definitely disclose all citations. Do not hide any. It may appear dishonest if you try to hide them and so forth.

They’re looking into how frequent you had police contact, regardless of disposition.

But 5+ citations in a 3-5 year span may be frowned upon. If you are approved, definitely avoid being pulled over as you will need to report the police contact, regardless if you got a citation or not.
Agree. According to this site, on the average, drivers have about a 20% chance of being cited in a year. Obviously, while there is an element of randomness/chance to being cited, there is also a certain proportion of people who are outliers with regard to the excessive number of citations they get, and it's not unreasonable to conclude that perhaps those folks have not learned from their mistakes, but rather, continue to repeat them.

I can't speak for OCSD but I would imagine many would think five citations in such a short time is not good, it could show a pattern of disregard for the law. People do speed, and a lot of folks get cited for it, but "if it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all" is not a compelling defense.

Quote:
[...]
Does this decimate my chances even though I technically only have 1 actual point/conviction? I am a business owner who’s address was recently compromised online and I have hundreds of thousands of product at this address at any given moment..had I known traffic citations would’ve counted against me, it would’ve probably been wiser to wait a few more years to apply. What are your thoughts?
I think it is fair to say many LEOs are pro-2A and in favor of law-abiding citizens being armed, and I hope you are able to get a permit. But regardless, I hope you will update this thread. There have been other threads here and there which provided interesting information on the boundaries LEOs establish for CCW approval; more experiences along those lines, how can it be bad?
Old 10-07-2021, 4:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhawker View Post
Ok, just slipped the renewal permit in my wallet fresh out of the mail. Figured I'd share my total timeline.

5/13/21 Renewal app submitted & all required paperwork except training certificate.
5/17/21 training certificate submitted.
8/20/21 sent an email just checking if they got my renewal app - received a reply in less than an hour stating they had everything and the process was taking 90-120 days right now.
9/7/21 current permit expires. 118 days since the app was submitted.
9/30/21 received an email saying more documentation of address needed and some photos of my hunting, off roading etc. to support parts of GCS (come to find out my homeowners' insurance bill isn't acceptable as proof of address - go figure) provided everything asked for.
10/2/21 received an email stating approved and "A member of our staff will be in touch with you to process payment over the phone..." (on a Saturday no less - guess someone was working overtime?)
10/4/21 at 8:01 am received an email stating contact CCW unit to submit payment. Called about 8:30 am got right through and paid. "Card will be mailed out today"
10/7/21 card arrived in the mail dated for today so I'm getting the full two years to the day.

Set a reminder on the calendar for 120 from expiration.

Total time - 148 days
Time expired (unarmed) - 31 days
The new card is using the old picture?
Old 10-08-2021, 6:47 AM

Just to clarify:
I have 1 speeding conviction on my DMV record
- 1 speeding ticket that I’m fighting in court
- 3 speeding tickets that were dismissed
- 3 speeding tickets I did traffic school for, 1 of which was in Iowa.
- License was suspended for a single day 4 years ago over a parking ticket I forgot about in my hometown of MA before I moved.

I have only 1 true conviction on my record…I’m a little frightened because I wouldn’t have applied had I known this was an issue. I definitely understand that argument though, as far as continuously breaking the law, but most of these tickets are a result of the 60-70k miles I drive annually or the first couple of years I first had a motorcycle in California. I was in a rush to get somewhere I didn’t need to rush to get to. Getting somewhere 5 minutes quicker isn’t worth jeopardizing my ability to actually drive or the safety of others and myself. I’m not in a rush anymore. Ive learned to manage my time and take it slow.

My friend just received his CCW in OC with 3+ actual speeding convictions in 5 years and a driving related misdemeanor…so I’m definitely confused. I’m ready to be as honest as I can be during my interview and I hopefully convey that I wasn’t disregarding the law intentionally, I just was preoccupied with getting to job sites that I didn’t need to get to 5 minutes quicker. Thank you all for your help.
Old 10-08-2021, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by igs View Post
Yes. The cards are being issued using the old picture. Oddly, my picture was very distorted on my recent renewal card although it looked fine on my old card. I contacted the CCW unit about this and was told that’s how they were being printed now and they said it wasn’t a problem.
Old 10-09-2021, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by igs View Post
Yes. I still look the same anyway.
Old 10-11-2021, 4:52 AM

So……..I submitted everything about a month ago on line and it was my understanding that you simply wait until they call looking for payment.
Checking my current status it says “Waiting for Payment”. Are you supposed to pay when you submit or wait until they call. This is a renewal and I believe I counter paid at the Sheriffs station last time.

Old 10-11-2021, 7:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH-47 View Post
So……..I submitted everything about a month ago on line and it was my understanding that you simply wait until they call looking for payment.
Checking my current status it says “Waiting for Payment”. Are you supposed to pay when you submit or wait until they call. This is a renewal and I believe I counter paid at the Sheriffs station last time.

Unless the process has changed, you do not pay anything until you are approved. You submit application and get an interview appointment and wait. Watch out for any request for additional documents/info. Someone will call you after you are approved to collect fee for the permit.

Old 10-11-2021, 9:38 AM

Question for you folks who might have experienced this:

I received an email asking me to update my Training cert to reflect my S&W Shield as a 9mm vs. 40 S&W. The shield is a 40 S&W, but DOJ has it reflected as 9mm (Supposedly, per the CCW Unit).

I reached out to my training company and asked them kindly to assist and if they have seen this before. She said "Now that civilians are working in the Dept. they are reviewing records a little more detailed. They are finding the DOJ did not record calibers correctly".

*I've had this firearm for 12 years and its been on my CCW for 8 years - never questioned or a second glance, until this renewal.

*I do not have my DROS paperwork on this firearm Im assuming I can request copies from the GS I purchased it from, just didnt know if that is necessary, at this time. EDIT: I just looked OC Armory (Where I purchased the firearm) is closed permanently.

Any suggestions?

Timeline:
5/18/21 Renewal Application
5/18/21 All documents uploaded
10/7/21 First correspondence from CCW unit - requesting update to my training cert.

Last edited by downdiver2; 10-11-2021 at 9:41 AM..
Old 10-11-2021, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by downdiver2 View Post

I received an email asking me to update my Training cert to reflect my S&W Shield as a 9mm vs. 40 S&W. The shield is a 40 S&W, but DOJ has it reflected as 9mm (Supposedly, per the CCW Unit).

Any suggestions?
You can go to the DOJ CFARS website and submit a correction. Right before you complete the transaction, but not after, you have the option to save a copy. You will need good close pictures showing the S/N along with any caliber markings on the barrel and slide. Perhaps one showing the slide locked back and a cartridge of correct size inserted in the chamber with the caliber marked on the back of he case

You should ask in OC, but at least in San Diego, they did not make me wait for the correction to be completed, they accepted my copy of the request as proof and issued with the correct information. If OC accepts this, let us know so we all have that answer. You cannot use this method to correct the caliber of SSE transactions however. The DOJ refuses to do that.

Your other option is to pawn and reclaim the gun. When it is DROS-ed back to you after the waiting period, it will be done in whatever caliber it is in at that time. This works even with SSE guns.

The more time I spend on this forum, the more sense kcbrown makes.
Old 10-11-2021, 6:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH-47 View Post

When my renewal was approved a few months ago, I received an email informing me that it was approved and that someone from the CCW unit would be contacting me for payment. The next day I received the call and paid with a credit card over the phone. Is it possible that your status just changed to “Waiting for Payment” and that you will be getting an email any moment now? Maybe check your email spam/junk folder? Unless something has changed, they call you for payment or, at the very least, inform you to call them for payment. In other words, there should be some communication from them (email or text) other than just a “Waiting for Payment” status change online.
Old 10-11-2021, 7:57 PM

05/15/21 - Initial CCW License application submitted. Good Cause, & Required Docs provided .

06/12/21 Live Scan (both are complete after 3 weeks, checked via website)

07/17/21 - CCW Class Certificate Uploaded

07/21/21 - Uploaded DMV 10year Record Report & a .PDF listing all citations I’ve had, all of them way past 5 years but listed to be safe.

09/20/21 - Uploaded most up to date Proof Of Residency Docs and Also Good Cause support documents. Just in case the interviewer wants something more current .

09/20/21 - passport pic uploaded

10/05/21 - Interview via teams , quick and easy. Interviewer was very nice and helpful.

Last edited by LordWasr; 10-12-2021 at 8:27 PM..
Old 10-11-2021, 10:11 PM

I submitted my renewal application at the end of June, and the online tracker status hasn't moved. I sent an email to check for status, and got the typical first come first served reply. My license has been expired for a couple weeks, and I feel naked when out at night or traveling to new places.
Old 10-12-2021, 9:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldo View Post
I submitted my renewal application at the end of June, and the online tracker status hasn't moved. I sent an email to check for status, and got the typical first come first served reply. My license has been expired for a couple weeks, and I feel naked when out at night or traveling to new places.
Turn around time is 120-150 days ++. They should reach out to you mid November.
Old 10-12-2021, 2:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by downdiver2 View Post

I reached out to my training company and asked them kindly to assist and if they have seen this before. She said "Now that civilians are working in the Dept. they are reviewing records a little more detailed. They are finding the DOJ did not record calibers correctly".

*I've had this firearm for 12 years and its been on my CCW for 8 years - never questioned or a second glance, until this renewal.

*I do not have my DROS paperwork on this firearm Im assuming I can request copies from the GS I purchased it from, just didnt know if that is necessary, at this time. EDIT: I just looked OC Armory (Where I purchased the firearm) is closed permanently.

Any suggestions?

Timeline:
5/18/21 Renewal Application
5/18/21 All documents uploaded
10/7/21 First correspondence from CCW unit - requesting update to my training cert.
Just got approval confirmation today: 10/12/21, submitted 5/18/21

Edit: Ended up amending my application, took off the Shield and will process it at a later time, expedited my application without the DOJ caliber mistake. CCW contact said I need to Re-DROS the firearm in the correct caliber. Or she said go at privately and wait 6 months. I dont think I will do either, I have other firearms on my permit.
Old 10-12-2021, 8:27 PM

10/12/21 Received Approval Text / Email

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordWasr View Post
05/15/21 - Initial CCW License application submitted. Good Cause, & Required Docs provided .

06/12/21 Live Scan (both are complete after 3 weeks, checked via website)

07/17/21 - CCW Class Certificate Uploaded

07/21/21 - Uploaded DMV 10year Record Report & a .PDF listing all citations I’ve had, all of them way past 5 years but listed to be safe.

09/20/21 - Uploaded most up to date Proof Of Residency Docs and Also Good Cause support documents. Just in case the interviewer wants something more current .

09/20/21 - passport pic uploaded

10/05/21 - Interview via teams , quick and easy. Interviewer was very nice and helpful.

Old 10-13-2021, 6:49 PM

Quote:
Just to clarify:
I have 1 speeding conviction on my DMV record
- 1 speeding ticket that I’m fighting in court
- 3 speeding tickets that were dismissed
- 3 speeding tickets I did traffic school for, 1 of which was in Iowa.
- License was suspended for a single day 4 years ago over a parking ticket I forgot about in my hometown of MA before I moved.

I have only 1 true conviction on my record…I’m a little frightened because I wouldn’t have applied had I known this was an issue. I definitely understand that argument though, as far as continuously breaking the law, but most of these tickets are a result of the 60-70k miles I drive annually or the first couple of years I first had a motorcycle in California. I was in a rush to get somewhere I didn’t need to rush to get to. Getting somewhere 5 minutes quicker isn’t worth jeopardizing my ability to actually drive or the safety of others and myself. I’m not in a rush anymore. Ive learned to manage my time and take it slow.

My friend just received his CCW in OC with 3+ actual speeding convictions in 5 years and a driving related misdemeanor…so I’m definitely confused. I’m ready to be as honest as I can be during my interview and I hopefully convey that I wasn’t disregarding the law intentionally, I just was preoccupied with getting to job sites that I didn’t need to get to 5 minutes quicker. Thank you all for your help.
Geez, were you doing the Cannonball Run ?
Old 10-14-2021, 9:40 AM

Quote:
Thanks so much for your response. I uploaded a document that is a written explanation and detailing of eachÂ…do you think my chances have decreased significantly? My GC was urgent enough to have my appointment moved to a couple weeks for when I applied but the document I just submitted to them discloses the following:

- My license was suspended for one (1) day in 2017 due to an unpaid ticket I completely forgot about (I believe it was a parking ticket, but I am not 100% sure) in Nebraska (This was on my cross country trip to California to move there, so I am not 100% sure if it was Nebraska, but I am extremely confident it was.) This does not appear on my auto-insurance anymore, so I am not sure if the DMV was able to correct this or if it still shows up, but I want to be 100% transparent about the fact that it did happen, even if it was for 1 day.

- IÂ’m currently disputing a speeding ticket
-IÂ’ve had 3 moving violations dismissed in 2020 and 2021
- IÂ’ve done traffic school 2 times in 2019 and 2020
- I did traffic school for a moving violation in Iowa in 2020

Does this decimate my chances even though I technically only have 1 actual point/conviction? I am a business owner whoÂ’s address was recently compromised online and I have hundreds of thousands of product at this address at any given moment..had I known traffic citations wouldÂ’ve counted against me, it wouldÂ’ve probably been wiser to wait a few more years to apply. What are your thoughts?
Hey everyone, so I was lucky enough to get a call for the OCSD asking me about a speeding ticket that was open for me. The representative was kind enough to answer my question “Will my violations result in a denial?”, she asked her superior who said they can’t say for sure, but they would like 12-24 months without any moving violations. She advised me that I could withdraw my application rather than get a denial, which would obviously damage my chances in the future. I decided it was best to withdraw and apply after 1-2 years of no traffic violations. It really sucks but I hope I’m doing the right thing. I feel like this is the smarter play and I’m lucky I was given the scoop before my interview. Do you all feel I made the correct choice? I am playing it very safe, but this is a permit I very much want and need, I’d rather be smart and wait.
Old 10-14-2021, 9:49 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Hey everyone, so I was lucky enough to get a call for the OCSD asking me about a speeding ticket that was open for me. The representative was kind enough to answer my question “Will my violations result in a denial?”, she asked her superior who said they can’t say for sure, but they would like 12-24 months without any moving violations. She advised me that I could withdraw my application rather than get a denial, which would obviously damage my chances in the future. I decided it was best to withdraw and apply after 1-2 years of no traffic violations. It really sucks but I hope I’m doing the right thing. I feel like this is the smarter play and I’m lucky I was given the scoop before my interview. Do you all feel I made the correct choice? I am playing it very safe, but this is a permit I very much want and need, I’d rather be smart and wait.
I believe withdrawing it, especially after their feedback is the correct and mature decision. 1-2 years of a wait is reasonable. In their view, they’re looking for patterns and for those who disregard of the law. Give it time, and even then, you can distance yourself from those prior citations and come out better in the end as you only need to disclose past 5 years of citations.

Drive safely and follow the rules. This leads to a better GMC argument when you reapply.