Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Discussions of Faith
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2019, 9:52 AM

Default Pope Francis: Fornication Seems to Be Okay - His New Sin Is "Violating Nature"

"Pope Francis has warned moral theologians of an "ecological emergency" which he called “the cry of the earth, violated and wounded”.
The reason for this is "selfish exploitation", he told an audience at Rome’s Alphonsian Academy (February 9).
Francis noticed that he has rarely heard penitents accusing themselves in confession of having violated nature, the earth, or creation, because “we are not yet aware of this sin.”
https://www.gloria.tv/article/SsumpeJj6Xrd4j4ckNXsnqUDb
Twitter User Catholic Sat put Francis' suggestion into practice and wrote, “I have sinned, I used the air conditioning in my automobile on the way to the airport, where I ate a steak, and accidentally didn’t put my plastic bottle in recycling.”

Recently, Francis stated that, "There is a great danger for preachers, and it is that of condemning only the morality that is - pardon me - ‘below the belt.’"
"“Sins of the flesh are the lightest sins. Because the flesh is weak."

Commenter: "> “the cry of the earth, violated and wounded” <
If you were a writer of satire, you wouldn’t be able to come up with anything crazier than what Francis is actually saying.

Earthsinners, REPENT! Put down that .22 rifle and listen to the earthcry of the coyote you shot! LOL (For penance, down a dozen beers and tip a dozen strippers at the Hong Kong Club in TJ!)
Old 02-12-2019, 9:59 AM

Bible talks about guys like him. Pharisee and decider of men.

And yes, what a joke.
Old 02-12-2019, 10:57 AM
Calguns Addict

Yes, we used to call people like this pope pagans.

American Marksman Training Group, LLC
Visit our American Marksman Facebook Page
Diamond Bar CCW Facebook Page

Discounted NRA Membership Sign Up
Old 02-12-2019, 3:39 PM

Free love & don't pollute? My kind of guy!
Old 02-13-2019, 6:00 AM

Gaia worship.
Old 02-14-2019, 9:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPRAFAN View Post

Earthsinners, REPENT! Put down that .22 rifle and listen to the earthcry of the coyote you shot! LOL (For penance, down a dozen beers and tip a dozen strippers at the Hong Kong Club in TJ!)
Well at Ragnarok, Surtr's death throes will burn all of the earth, which will sink into the sea, finally downing out the fire. And yet the earth will rise again from the sea, born anew and green. Yggdrasil will endure. The Nine Worlds will continue on, as will humanity and gods.

Additionally, don't use a .22 on the Yote. Up the caliber and put the mangy beast down quick and clean.

As for a dozen strippers, steaks, and air conditioning...that sounds awesome!

As for GAIA...that channel puts out some cool lake monster footage. I dig lake monsters.

Hail Odin, my Calguns brothers.

“Myths and legends die hard in America. We love them for the extra dimension they provide, the illusion of near-infinite possibility to erase the narrow confines of most men's reality. Weird heroes and mould-breaking champions exist as living proof to those who need it that the tyranny of 'the rat race' is not yet final.”

Hunter S. Thompson
The Great Shark Hunt: Strange Tales From a Strange Time
Old 02-14-2019, 1:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volksgrenadier View Post
Well at Ragnarok, Surtr's death throes will burn all of the earth, which will sink into the sea, finally downing out the fire. And yet the earth will rise again from the sea, born anew and green. Yggdrasil will endure. The Nine Worlds will continue on, as will humanity and gods.

Additionally, don't use a .22 on the Yote. Up the caliber and put the mangy beast down quick and clean.

As for a dozen strippers, steaks, and air conditioning...that sounds awesome!

As for GAIA...that channel puts out some cool lake monster footage. I dig lake monsters.

Hail Odin, my Calguns brothers.

Sadly, the pope has more in common with you spiritually than he does with a lot of the rest of us.

“Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason- I do not accept the authority of popes and councils [i.e. any man]- my conscience is captive to the Word of God…” Martin Luther
Old 02-14-2019, 3:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billvau View Post
Sadly, the pope has more in common with you spiritually than he does with a lot of the rest of us.
That is rather ironic, isn't it? Given that the Roman Church did it's very best, by means of guile, money, and overt brutality, to exterminate those ancestors of my faith completely. And they did a damned fine job of it, too. Were it not for Iceland, and a few monks who took history seriously, we might have been lost all together. Unless Jung was right about the collective unconscious and the Archetype.

I suppose you and I both can have a good old Calguns laugh then

And I stand by that GAIA channel lake monsters stuff. I recently learned that Tahoe has its own lake monster as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tahoe_Tessie

Regardless, one would think that the Roman Church would be more concerned about the Ottomans at the gates of Europe again, and less about plastic recycling and Dick jokes.
“Myths and legends die hard in America. We love them for the extra dimension they provide, the illusion of near-infinite possibility to erase the narrow confines of most men's reality. Weird heroes and mould-breaking champions exist as living proof to those who need it that the tyranny of 'the rat race' is not yet final.”

Hunter S. Thompson
Old 02-14-2019, 3:39 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPRAFAN View Post
Recently, Francis stated that, "There is a great danger for preachers, and it is that of condemning only the morality that is - pardon me - ‘below the belt.’"
"“Sins of the flesh are the lightest sins. Because the flesh is weak."
Say it ain't so, Joe!
Old 02-14-2019, 9:26 PM
Calguns Addict

Wink

pope WHO?

Old 02-14-2019, 9:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The War Wagon View Post
pope WHO?

Epic, my Calguns brother.

Hunter S. Thompson
Old 02-15-2019, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volksgrenadier View Post
That is rather ironic, isn't it? Given that the Roman Church did it's very best, by means of guile, money, and overt brutality, to exterminate those ancestors of my faith completely. And they did a damned fine job of it, too. Were it not for Iceland, and a few monks who took history seriously, we might have been lost all together. Unless Jung was right about the collective unconscious and the Archetype.

I suppose you and I both can have a good old Calguns laugh then

And I stand by that GAIA channel lake monsters stuff. I recently learned that Tahoe has its own lake monster as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tahoe_Tessie

Regardless, one would think that the Roman Church would be more concerned about the Ottomans at the gates of Europe again, and less about plastic recycling and Dick jokes.
Ironic, indeed! Ultimately, paganism was too entrenched to destroy. I'm not a Christian. But I love Christmas and Easter. Christians rejoice in their supposed dominance and victory of their gods (father, son, holy spirit &, for protestants, the Bible) while putting up Christmas trees & mistletoe around solstice, celebrating animistic fertility with eggs and bunnies, etc. It's hilarious and I get the biggest kick out of it every year. Christians have preserved so much pagan tradition, narrative and belief, completely unwittingly, that one can't help but laugh at the irony. I've come to believe that paganism is not just the oldest but also the most successful religion of all time, even if we don't recognize it as such.

Arguably, were it not for the might of Rome and its persecutions against pagans, Christianity would have died out as just another obscure Jewish sect gone belly up without much of a spot of recognition in the annals of history. Funny how a "peaceful" religion was only able to spread so widely with the might of the Roman sword. And folks only accepted it insofar as it allowed them to continue to be somewhat pagan.

Personally, I don't believe in Odin any more than I believe in Santa Claus (arguably they're the same guy). But the metaphorical truths of paganism are pretty universal. Had Christianity not adopted so much pagan beliefs and practices, I think there would have been many more apostate emperors. Paganism is like tribalism -- it's practically woven into our DNA. The best that the "civilized" religions can do is mask it out. It's always there. It's just not always recognized for what it is.

Pagans have a very long tradition of hiding themselves in the stories and traditions of their conquerors. I could write an academic essay on the topic and not even scratch the surface. Suffice it to say that much of what folks think is Christian is actually pagan. While that is blasphemous & treacherous to some, I find a lot of hope in that.
Old 02-15-2019, 11:02 AM

There are some real believes on Calguns.net!!
Old 02-15-2019, 11:17 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Worst Pope ever!

The pope only a pagan can love...

Discreet, Legal Carry in 37 States...
Old 02-15-2019, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockN'Roll View Post
Worst Pope ever!

The pope only a pagan can love...
I'm not a Catholic, and I certainly have significant issues with the Pope, but there is no credible evidence that he said what is in the meme above.
Old 02-15-2019, 1:34 PM

I’d be shocked if he said you don’t need to go to church and give money. That’s all they do. Is take money from the flock and deceive people.

He would be out of a job if they didn’t take their money. More wealth in the Vatican than most countries. Scammers and liars.