Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns Expatriates
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Expatriates For members who have left California but remain Calgunners

Old 11-15-2021, 8:14 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Default SilencerCo BOGO

Want a FREE Octane 9, Octane 45 or Warlock 22?

I wanted to post this under Deals, Sales and Coupons subforum but I’m sure someone Cali-confined would complain.

Caveat: It took SiCo almost a year to fulfill their obligation the other time they did it, but they did pull it off.

Quote:
This Promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents age 21 or older. Void where prohibited. Employees of SilencerCo and any of its distributors or dealers involved with this promotion are not eligible to participate. This offer cannot be combined with SilencerCo special program orders.

Product must be purchased through a retailer and a receipt or proof of purchase date stamped between November 15th and December 5th is required. A copy of your date stamped receipt and a copy of your Form 4 is required at registration.

No purchase quantity limit, however, you may only submit 5 serialized items per registration. Purchases must be registered by December 31st, 2021 to qualify. SilencerCo is not responsible for late submissions. Products cannot be returned or exchanged for other products of similar value or for monetary exchange. Offer good in states that permit silencer ownership.

Offer limited to product in stock during time of promotion. Failure to submit the correct information and documents can result in a delay in processing the promo registration.

— Must include at least one serialized item (includes lower) to qualify for each free suppressor
— Dollar amount is before tax
— Must submit receipt with serial number and dealer info
— No limit on redemptions
— Starts Nov 15 while supplies last. Terminate with notice
— Free goods to ship within 6 months
— Customer pays tax stamp on free goods
— Must be paid in full
— No backorders
— No Layaways
— Excludes the Hybrid 46M

The wife will be pissed, but Jesus always forgives.

Last edited by beanz2; 11-16-2021 at 9:29 AM.. Reason: Fixed broken link
Old 11-15-2021, 8:30 PM
Calguns Addict

Old 11-16-2021, 6:42 AM

Tempting.
Old 11-16-2021, 8:05 AM

I was thinking of buying an Omega 9k so this is a great promo to drive me to purchasing one. However you still have to pay the $200 tax on the free can and to be honest I donít think the slow selling Octane and Warlock is worth it given the other alternatives on the market. But if you want to save $300 bucks and pick up a new can for just the tax stamp them go for it. The last BOGO they had was a nightmare for many people and it took years to get their free can.
Old 11-16-2021, 9:27 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

If they had included the new Hybrid 46M, I would have jumped on the deal. But SiCo’s offering is kind of anemic otherwise. I got the Octane 9 and the Octane 45 on their first BOGO deal. Yeah, agree with you, Mac Attack, that they’re really just $200 cans after the stamp. Old design, but not too bad.

And, yeah, it took them 11 months to crank out the freebies and send them to my FFL, but they did make good on their promise.

Old 11-16-2021, 11:59 AM

I still don't understand why suppresors cost so much here, go to France and get one for under $75. They are sold over the counter too.
Old 11-16-2021, 12:17 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I do not know firsthand, but from what I’ve read is that in Europe, suppressors are easily replaceable, like any other firearm accessory as they are available over the counter, cash and carry item. If the US, since we have the requirement to obtain ATF tax stamps, they are regarded as a lifetime purchase items, which cost more than easily replaceable items.

Old 11-16-2021, 12:47 PM

What are the suppressors ones Europe like? Are they as good or better than the US made ones.
Old 11-16-2021, 1:32 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Assuming the US-made B&T suppressors are similar in design and materials as the Euro market ones, the ones sold here have only been middle-of-the-road as far as performance, but B&T fans aren’t likely to admit that. I only have experience with one, an APC9SD suppressor. The TPM suppressor has a bit better tone and noise suppression IMO.

Build quality is superb, but B&T is known for it. Who knows about the other brands we’ll never see in the US.

Old 11-17-2021, 9:18 AM

You can buy a 22 rifle for less than $150 and it includes all the safety, regulatory, and liability costs why can't someone crank out a suppressor with a replaceable internal cartridge, kinda like your printer where the housing is low cost and they make their profit on the replacement cartridges?
Old 11-17-2021, 4:21 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Attack View Post
I was thinking of buying an Omega 9k so this is a great promo to drive me to purchasing one. However you still have to pay the $200 tax on the free can and to be honest I donít think the slow selling Octane and Warlock is worth it given the other alternatives on the market. But if you want to save $300 bucks and pick up a new can for just the tax stamp them go for it.
You don't think they're going to give away their best and most popular stuff, do you?

Quote:
The last BOGO they had was a nightmare for many people and it took years to get their free can.
The ad says this time they'll ship them within a few months, lol.

Botach has the Q Erector modular 9mm and 22 cans on sale. $150 off the 9mm and $50 off the .22 cans. You hardly ever see Q stuff on sale.
Old 11-17-2021, 4:22 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo goat View Post
You can buy a 22 rifle for less than $150 and it includes all the safety, regulatory, and liability costs why can't someone crank out a suppressor with a replaceable internal cartridge, kinda like your printer where the housing is low cost and they make their profit on the replacement cartridges?
AFT isn't going to allow that.
Old 11-17-2021, 4:25 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I doubt the cheap euro ones are very good compared to U.S. (Merica!) made ones. They can't charge enough to make it worthwhile to put the R&D and expensive materials into them.
Old 11-17-2021, 5:18 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Rugged cans also have a promo going. Bauer Precision has a bunch in stock.

Old 11-18-2021, 1:08 AM
Calguns Addict

Noice!

Old 11-18-2021, 2:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigstroker View Post
Rugged cans also have a promo going. Bauer Precision has a bunch in stock.

$300 via silencer shop. 200 for rugged store and 100 for silencershop

Last edited by mej16489; 11-18-2021 at 2:47 PM..
Old 11-20-2021, 5:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mej16489 View Post
$300 via silencer shop. 200 for rugged store and 100 for silencershop

Where can I find more details? Canít find this on their website. Thanks!
Old 11-21-2021, 6:11 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Silencer Shop, go look at a Rugged can.
Old 11-22-2021, 7:28 AM

Silencer Shop has been running free tax stamp sales recently. I think that is honestly a better route to go. I don't want to wait months on end for the Form 3, then another 300 days for ATF to decide I can have the privilege of owning it.
Old 11-22-2021, 3:29 PM

Interesting contrast: I've read that hunting without a suppressor in many European countries is considered rude.
Old 11-26-2021, 8:31 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanz2 View Post
If they had included the new Hybrid 46M, I would have jumped on the deal. But SiCoís offering is kind of anemic otherwise. I got the Octane 9 and the Octane 45 on their first BOGO deal. Yeah, agree with you, Mac Attack, that theyíre really just $200 cans after the stamp. Old design, but not too bad.

And, yeah, it took them 11 months to crank out the freebies and send them to my FFL, but they did make good on their promise.
BTW, the old Hybrid 46 is/was pretty cheap recently, and I don't like modular cans on high pressure rounds anyway. They leak noise at the seams. No free cans though.
Old 11-26-2021, 10:24 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
BTW, the old Hybrid 46 is/was pretty cheap recently, and I don't like modular cans on high pressure rounds anyway. They leak noise at the seams. No free cans though.
My modular cans (DA Wolfman, DA Odessa 9, SiCo Omega 36M, Rugged Oculus) donít leak at all.

Eventually the 46M too will go on sale. Look what happened to the DA Nomad prices, especially the Naked. Iíve given up on chasing the latest and greatest cans out there. By the time you get your stamp, there are already better and newer cans usually.

Old 11-27-2021, 11:18 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
My modular cans (DA Wolfman, DA Odessa 9, SiCo Omega 36M, Rugged Oculus) donít leak at all.
Watch on slow motion video. I've seen it often on the yootoobs.

Quote:
Eventually the 46M too will go on sale. Look what happened to the DA Nomad prices, especially the Naked. Iíve given up on chasing the latest and greatest cans out there. By the time you get your stamp, there are already better and newer cans usually.
True enough. Before my first stamp was approved on my Turbo, the Turbo 2 was announced. I was actively hunting for a Resonator but couldn't find one. Then a few weeks later the 2 was announced. YHM should have kept making the "1", like other manufacturers do. They could've sold them all.

I didn't mind getting a discontinued Hybrid 46, because I got it pretty cheap relatively speaking, although it's the most expensive can I've ever bought. I'm not really anxious for it to be approved, because then I have to go out and get a .450 Bushy upper. Hornady announced a 400 gr subsonic load for it. Twice the energy of the 200 gr Blackout.
Old 11-28-2021, 7:10 AM

Quote:

True enough. Before my first stamp was approved on my Turbo, the Turbo 2 was announced. I was actively hunting for a Resonator but couldn't find one. Then a few weeks later the 2 was announced. YHM should have kept making the "1", like other manufacturers do. They could've sold them all.

I didn't mind getting a discontinued Hybrid 46, because I got it pretty cheap relatively speaking, although it's the most expensive can I've ever bought. I'm not really anxious for it to be approved, because then I have to go out and get a .450 Bushy upper. Hornady announced a 400 gr subsonic load for it. Twice the energy of the 200 gr Blackout.
Iíve watched every video and read every review I can find online prior to buying a Wolfman. Not a single mention of any leaks where the 2 halves thread together, or anywhere for that matter. The only complaint I can find, and am affected by myself, is that they donít offer a MPX 13.5x1LH thread keymicro brake.

Now my dilemma is do I pony up for a Lantac brake or go with a tri-lug? I have some time to decide since the form 3 may not even be started yet.
Old 11-28-2021, 7:24 AM

3-lug all the way. I run 3-lugís on all my PCC. Some like my APC9 Proc and MKE AP5-P came with 3-lug barrels. For the others, installed 3-lug adapters. My favorite one came from In Lead We Trust.

BTW, anyone get a form 4 approval lately? I have a CGS MOD9 that I purchased over a year agoÖ you read that rightÖ due to a SilencerShop error the paperwork was not sent until 4 months after my purchase. Thank god I decided to call them to check on it otherwise my paperwork would never been submitted. Anyways it when into ATF statuses Ďcheck cashedí and ĎPendingí on 2/2021 and still no movement. I called the ATF on Wednesday and they said itís still pending. Jeez my last 4 cans went to approved status in about 7 months each but this one I am nearly 10 months in. So frustrating!!!! I can even imagine how long my other 3 cans will take to clear.
Old 11-28-2021, 7:28 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Ok, I believe you. But as long as it doesnít affect the shooter or degrade the sound performance, Iím comfortable with that.

Quote:

I also avoid the latest and greatest calibers (ok, ok, I mean chambering lol) out there. Iíll never be hunting elephants or rhinos, and unless I can rapidly and comfortably accumulate 5k-10k rounds in that ďcaliberĒ, I wonít get into it.

The main reason I like modularity in suppressors is the QD aspect. Iíve decided on using either Dead Airís KeyMount or HKís tri-lug. Only my bolt guns and SD guns get direct thread.

Old 11-28-2021, 7:32 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackrite View Post
Iíve watched every video and read every review I can find online prior to buying a Wolfman. Not a single mention of any leaks where the 2 halves thread together, or anywhere for that matter. The only complaint I can find, and am affected by myself, is that they donít offer a MPX 13.5x1LH thread keymicro brake.

Now my dilemma is do I pony up for a Lantac brake or go with a tri-lug? I have some time to decide since the form 3 may not even be started yet.
Dead Air mentioned on IG theyíd be working on a taper mount 13.5x1 lh KeyMicro mount, but, yeah, Lantacís preorder or tri-lug might be the way to go. For my PCCs, I prefer tri lug just to be uniform.

Old 11-28-2021, 7:45 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Attack View Post
3-lug all the way. I run 3-lugís on all my PCC. Some like my APC9 Proc and MKE AP5-P came with 3-lug barrels. For the others, installed 3-lug adapters. My favorite one came from In Lead We Trust.

BTW, anyone get a form 4 approval lately? I have a CGS MOD9 that I purchased over a year agoÖ you read that rightÖ due to a SilencerShop error the paperwork was not sent until 4 months after my purchase. Thank god I decided to call them to check on it otherwise my paperwork would never been submitted. Anyways it when into ATF statuses Ďcheck cashedí and ĎPendingí on 2/2021 and still no movement. I called the ATF on Wednesday and they said itís still pending. Jeez my last 4 cans went to approved status in about 7 months each but this one I am nearly 10 months in. So frustrating!!!! I can even imagine how long my other 3 cans will take to clear.
My last Form 4 was in August 😞. That was for a YHM R9, it took about 6-7 months. I got a TPM MP5SD suppressor, a B&T KH9SD suppressor and a CGS Hyperion K sitting at the FFL. The oldest one is from July.

Something is going on at the AFT. My eForm 1 for an MP5 had been sitting on their desk forever and suddenly I found out it had been approved, but I never got the approval e-mail. Itís a good thing we can download the stamp or Iíd still be waiting.

You guys heard the rumors eForm 4 is coming in 2022? Thatíll kick sales of NFA stuff into high gear!

Old 11-28-2021, 8:12 AM

Quote:
Dead Air mentioned on IG theyíd be working on a taper mount 13.5x1 lh KeyMicro mount, but, yeah, Lantacís preorder or tri-lug might be the way to go. For my PCCs, I prefer tri lug just to be uniform.
I believe itís something theyíve mentioned for well over a year now. After seeing a video of how their muzzle devices get machined, I think itís just a matter of setting the machine set up to produce a large batch of that thread pitch without getting them running out of the traditional thread pitch devices in the meantime.

As mentioned by Mac Attack, I am considering just going with a ILWT ďNavyĒ 3-lug adapter and using rocksett. I just didnít like the reviews I read with an MPX using 3-lug, but Iím not totally sure that applies to newer K M-lol versions.
Old 11-28-2021, 8:16 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
I believe itís something theyíve mentioned for well over a year now. After seeing a video of how their muzzle devices get machined, I think itís just a matter of setting the machine set up to produce a large batch of that thread pitch without getting them running out of the traditional thread pitch devices in the meantime.

As mentioned by Mac Attack, I am considering just going with a ILWT ďNavyĒ 3-lug adapter and using rocksett. I just didnít like the reviews I read with an MPX using 3-lug, but Iím not totally sure that applies to newer K M-lol versions.
Whatís the issue with MPX using 3 lug?

M-lol LOL

Old 11-28-2021, 8:28 AM

Quote:
Whatís the issue with MPX using 3 lug?

M-lol LOL
*M-lok. Haha. Good catch.

3-lug was causing accuracy/precision issues, similar to how bad the LWRC SMG was. May have something to do with the barrel taper and the back of the adapter not sitting flush up against something to keep it straight. And already having a Sandman, I would like the same attachment on the Wolfman to have a repeatable mounting point so I donít have to worry about indexing on the same lug every time.
Old 11-28-2021, 9:15 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
*M-lok. Haha. Good catch.

3-lug was causing accuracy/precision issues, similar to how bad the LWRC SMG was. May have something to do with the barrel taper and the back of the adapter not sitting flush up against something to keep it straight. And already having a Sandman, I would like the same attachment on the Wolfman to have a repeatable mounting point so I donít have to worry about indexing on the same lug every time.
Maybe an ILWT 3-lug barrel is in your future?

Iím running a Sig taper adapter behind a Kaw Valley tri-lug. I havenít had problems but Iíve only shot it at less than 50 yards.

Old 11-28-2021, 9:47 AM

Quote:
Maybe an ILWT 3-lug barrel is in your future?

Iím running a Sig taper adapter behind a Kaw Valley tri-lug. I havenít had problems but Iíve only shot it at less than 50 yards.
I refuse to drop another $400 on a complete barrel, but I'm not opposed to their "Navy" tri-lug adapter. My main concern is repeatability with precision, but I guess I can mark the can with my own indexing marks so it always gets mounted the same. And I also keep it <50 yards. This has truly been my favorite new gun in a long time and super practical as HD with a MRO, Arisaka finger indexer, and surefire light. The Timney trigger is f**king phenomenal, and the only way I can make it better is when I get the Wolfman and maybe a PMM trip bar to run the Rare Breed, but at that point it will be another toy instead of practical.

It's good to hear you're having a good experience with the tri-lug on an MPX. Which version MPX you have?
Old 11-28-2021, 10:21 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I have a Gen2 8” pistol, an MPX-K and the non PCC 16” carbine. Been thinking of getting a Trigger Tech MPX during this weekend’s sale but I’ve heard good things about Timney too. Analysis paralysis lol

Old 12-02-2021, 3:50 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
I’ve watched every video and read every review I can find online prior to buying a Wolfman. Not a single mention of any leaks where the 2 halves thread together, or anywhere for that matter. The only complaint I can find, and am affected by myself, is that they don’t offer a MPX 13.5x1LH thread keymicro brake.

Are you talking about with 7.62x39? Probably aren't going to see it with 9mm, too low pressure.

MPX? 3 lug, it's more or less the standard for 9mm. My MPX is old and the flash hider doesn't come off, or is real long, I can't remember which. Either way, I can't just legally stick a 3 lug on the end. 9mm with a can through a carbine length barrel is disappointing anyway. Unless you start with a very slow bullet, it goes super by the time it comes out. It did with 147 factory ammo at any rate.

edit: A trick to putting the can on the same way every time is to start it on the barrel with the mfr rollmarks or the serial no facing straight up, or as close as you can get.

Last edited by sigstroker; 12-02-2021 at 3:58 PM..
Old 12-02-2021, 9:00 PM

Quote:
Are you talking about with 7.62x39? Probably aren't going to see it with 9mm, too low pressure.

MPX? 3 lug, it's more or less the standard for 9mm. My MPX is old and the flash hider doesn't come off, or is real long, I can't remember which. Either way, I can't just legally stick a 3 lug on the end. 9mm with a can through a carbine length barrel is disappointing anyway. Unless you start with a very slow bullet, it goes super by the time it comes out. It did with 147 factory ammo at any rate.

edit: A trick to putting the can on the same way every time is to start it on the barrel with the mfr rollmarks or the serial no facing straight up, or as close as you can get.
I donít plan on using it for anything other than 9mm. I think Iíll be getting 3-lug for the MPX and Scorpion, and hope I eventually find an SP5.

I also thought about using the engravings on the can to index it the same way every time.
Old 12-04-2021, 2:03 PM

Picked up an omega k for my rattler, chose an omega 9

http://www.5arrowstactical.com/
NRA Training Counselor
Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, PPIH, PPOH
Chief Range Safety Officer
Old 12-06-2021, 10:23 AM

I'm in complete vapor-lock for decision making on what I want todo for suppressors. At this stage I'm even seriously considering simply building my own stuff from kits after doing eForm 1s. Short turnaround times make this look really attractive, the only PITA is getting cards rolled.

Another thought I was considering with regard to electronic form 1 submission was the possibility of doing cards once and somehow electronically reproducing them with a hi-res scan and print. Has anyone done this successfully? (obviously this is what Silencer Shop does via their Kiosks)
Old 12-06-2021, 11:11 AM

A form 1 will always be faster than a form 4. However the ATF is opening or already eFile for form 4s. No one knows if this will speed up approvals on F4ís but it definitely will make it easier to complete and submit the paperwork.

As far as F1 cans go, my preference is to go with a can from a well know company because of the support of anything goes wrong. But I have duplicates of each caliber so I am not in a rush to get it since I have alternates.
Old 12-06-2021, 7:24 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

This thread on arf.com talks about doing that:
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/H...ard/17-487726/

I’m too old and lazy, so I just order them from SS at $7 a set and be done with it. But you must first sign up at their kiosk.