Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion Discuss national gun rights and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 06-03-2021, 6:12 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobler View Post
I guess we will see how it goes.. I hope it passes with the Governor's signature but not holding my breath.. if it passes with a legislative override so be it. This would put 22 con carry states.. that's massive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowimpactuser View Post
Beyond that Texas is a huge coup as a very populous state.
WILD WEST PIMP STYLE! Thank you, Ann Johnson (D-TX)!

Indeed. I'd like to see "Vermont Carry" in Florida as well, especially given the number of electoral votes there (as many as New York). We all here know that gun-control laws were, and are, inherently racist (e. g. the Mulford Act). So, to see Constitutional Carry happening in increasing amounts of states, that makes me, a racial minority, feel better. We are, gradually, reversing these racist gun control laws and respecting your, and my, freedom once again.
http://www.liberalsguncorner.com (podcast)
http://www.youtube.com/sfliberal (YouTube channel)
----------------------------------------------------
To be a true Liberal, you must be 100% pro-Second Amendment. Anything less is inconsistent with liberalism.
Old 06-03-2021, 8:15 AM
Dinosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowimpactuser View Post
Beyond that Texas is a huge coup as a very populous state.
plus it’s a state the dems would love to flip. didn’t bloomberg spend millions trying to flip Tx?

If this is like most other pro-gun bills, Gov Abbott will likely hold a signing ceremony at a popular gun shop/ shooting range in Austin.

Last edited by tonelar; 06-03-2021 at 8:27 AM..
Old 06-03-2021, 9:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Cal_OC View Post
How would that affect them? Only the residents that live there.

The CC is mostly an FU to the feds, not other states.
The blue states ARE the feds.....
Old 06-03-2021, 7:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornBob View Post
This is true. I monitor social media and so much angst over Texas becoming a constitutional carry state by the antis as opposed to others (Utah, Montana, Iowa, etc). They act like the elimination of an instant background check and a 6-hour training course that can be done in half a Saturday is the end of the world.
Yes, very, very important. Biggest state we can flip to CC reasonably quickly. More on why this populousness matters at bottom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by press1280 View Post
What these people don't grasp is the training is to know the law and proper handling of firearms. It doesn't turn someone good (or bad).
Numerous states have a shall issue permit system with no training required. There's no stats showing the training requirement cuts down on accidents,exc.
Doesn't matter, it's the population count that matters. See bottom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy T View Post
WILD WEST PIMP STYLE! Thank you, Ann Johnson (D-TX)!

Indeed. I'd like to see "Vermont Carry" in Florida as well, especially given the number of electoral votes there (as many as New York). We all here know that gun-control laws were, and are, inherently racist (e. g. the Mulford Act). So, to see Constitutional Carry happening in increasing amounts of states, that makes me, a racial minority, feel better. We are, gradually, reversing these racist gun control laws and respecting your, and my, freedom once again.
Moreso than number is size and prominence of state that matters. Texas matters far more than 3 or 4 or 5 rust belt/midwest states flipping. See bottom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonelar View Post
plus it’s a state the dems would love to flip. didn’t bloomberg spend millions trying to flip Tx?

If this is like most other pro-gun bills, Gov Abbott will likely hold a signing ceremony at a popular gun shop/ shooting range in Austin.
This is a tremendous coup. Tremendous.

Why?

Austin *is* considered a Cool city that matters to the elite. SXSW. Elon Musk moving to Texas, and a bunch of other businesses. Texas is the "cool" red state. For status obsessed which is a huge part of the Oligarch class, all that matters is a handful of cities and places. They're like religious zealots with holy sites. Texas is the "coolest" of the red states, Aspen is cool, Jackson Hole is cool, but for vacation or niche people. Austin/Texas is actually a place people might consider even if doing well and not outdoors junkies.

Additionally... Texas is the 2nd most populous state. A HUGE argument is that "density" and "population size" matters.
"Well that's fine for Wyoming and Montana, but things are DIFFERENT in big cities!"
Well Texas is a big haha no, you're wrong.

Getting Florida as well would be huge. Then you blow a big hole in the entire idea of population size being a relevant problem. Many people make it into urban vs. rural, so getting that disproved is tremendous.
Old 06-04-2021, 6:57 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Thumbs up Michigan CC bills introduced

SB489-492: A series of bills needed to switch Michigan to CC have been introduced in the senate and have been assigned to the Senate Government Operations Committee.
https://www.misenategop.com/senate-r...y-legislation/
Old 06-04-2021, 4:22 PM
Dinosaur

Penn and now Michigan!? outstanding
Old 06-04-2021, 6:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonelar View Post
Penn and now Michigan!? outstanding
OK now. I want constitutional carry in every state as much as anybody, but with this as the governor of Michigan, we have to be realistic about expectations.

Old 06-05-2021, 12:52 PM
Veteran Member

Yep. Gonna need 2/3rds majorities in both states to override the veto. Don’t have it right now.
Old 06-08-2021, 1:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
SB489-492: A series of bills needed to switch Michigan to CC have been introduced in the senate and have been assigned to the Senate Government Operations Committee.
https://www.misenategop.com/senate-r...y-legislation/
Michigan is interesting, they currently have "universal recognition" in that they honor ALL other state permits, however they DO NOT honor non-resident permits and they don't issue Michigan permits to non-residents!

So that essentially prevents everyone who can't obtain in a permit in their state of residence from concealed carry, but this would all be moot if we could get CC in Michigan! Would love to see the Michigan Witch get her veto massively overridden!
Old 06-08-2021, 6:44 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by press1280 View Post
Yep. Gonna need 2/3rds majorities in both states to override the veto. Don’t have it right now.
If it passes both chambers and gets vetoed it becomes an election issue come the next gubernatorial election. If it doesn’t pass both chambers it doesn’t become a gubernatorial election issue. IOW getting CC past both chambers in MI and/or PA is not a waste of time, not a futile gesture.

Last edited by Paladin; 06-08-2021 at 6:46 AM..
Old 06-10-2021, 3:16 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
If it passes both chambers and gets vetoed it becomes an election issue come the next gubernatorial election. If it doesn’t pass both chambers it doesn’t become a gubernatorial election issue. IOW getting CC past both chambers in MI and/or PA is not a waste of time, not a futile gesture.
Sure. Get everyone on the record. Hopefully any committee chairs who desk-drawer veto get exposed as essentially a NO vote.
Old 06-10-2021, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Excellent point, we need to be playing more Chess and less Checkers!