Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Survival and Preparations
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Survival and Preparations Long and short term survival and 'prepping'.

Old 05-16-2021, 8:28 PM

Default Ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFA777 View Post
Wasn't clear.
Discretionary budget was $1.5trn. $523bn interest in 2020.
Expecting to add (if bidens bills pass) another $2-4trn to the deficit this year.
1% on $32trn is $320bn + $523bn =$850bn or so.
Roughly 56% of $1.5trn discretionary budget.
Ok understand
Old 05-16-2021, 10:52 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Inflation is here
Look at meat , lumber and gas prices. I heard on the news that inflated lumber prices have added $35,000 to the price of a new house.
Old 05-17-2021, 8:34 AM

Lumber isn’t inflating. That isn’t inflation that’s supply issues. If it were inflation everything would be up the same and the point of my OP is everything is not. Lots of products are at the same or comparable prices to last year - even paper products!
Old 05-17-2021, 12:21 PM

Take the demographic the Wuhan op largely killed off and what their fixed income buys of the basic necessities of life and how the current milieu affects them. That's one measure of inflation, perhaps not an official measure but an important one for those on a fixed income. So far I'm not really seeing it across the board. Is that by design, IDK. Perhaps this is a method of control enacted by the globalists, creating specific shortages in the supply chain to disrupt specific demographics but not blanket the economy with 'inflation'. Targeted attacks, like the virus.

Back a decade or so ago during the last mess I was telling my then wife that the next one would make the current one look like a pleasant sunny day. I fear that time is now. The bubble, she's gonna pop and, IMO, this is completely a deliberate act of man, specific humans, not some unshakeable force of nature.

Specific humans are responsible for the destruction of lives and also deaths and this cycle will continue as long as they continue to gain power and suffer no consequences for their heinous acts. That's up to us. Mostly I see every man for himself, guarding their pile and leaving others to the wolves. Survival. That's all fine and dandy but perpetuates the cycle and leaves them in perpetual guard mode, always vigilant and suspicious.

What I'm noting living among the vacation homes of the Communists is their relative lack of concern, life is good. I find it interesting to view as an awe shucks old guy non-threat infiltrating their chicanery. Very useful. This poverty thing has been an interesting experiment in many ways. I hope for those who've experienced little else in life that the upcoming bubble pop isn't the final nail in their coffin. Even then, the discussion of inflation will carry on; life is fleeting and the dead are soon forgotten.
Old 05-17-2021, 12:57 PM

Inflation is here and the fed is going to be under a huge amount of pressure to keep the fed rate down at almost nothing. That is the flood gate.

Watch the Bond Market, it takes off when inflation gets high.

This has the look of the Jimmy Carter days. Time will tell.
Old 05-17-2021, 2:36 PM
Veteran Member

This showed up on my news feed today. 20% is a big drop..........IF it happens.

https://finance.yahoo.com/amphtml/ne...141439672.html