Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories Questions, answers and discussions regarding equipment specific to concealed carry.

Old 10-16-2019, 10:27 AM

Default JM4 Tactical leather magnetic holsters - any good?

I've tried a number of different kydex holsters but none of them are actually 'comfortable' enough to use daily. I have a small gut which probably isn't helping (working on it) but I've been considering trying a leather holster, and these with the magnetic aspect seem to work pretty well. I've seen some youtube reviews and it seems to be a good choice. I know it probably won't have the same retention as a kydex holster but is it worth a try? Any experience with these?
Thanks in advance
Old 10-16-2019, 11:54 AM

I prefer leather holsters. Both materials will wear the pistol with use, but leather is much more forgiving and retention is good without or without a magnet. Really don’t see the need for the magnet unless you’re carrying something really heavy. I appendix carry a Jericho 941 and P7, and the retension is fine there. Maybe it would be different if they were carried on the side or OWB with a cover garment.
Old 10-18-2019, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo_alpha01 View Post
I prefer leather holsters. Both materials will wear the pistol with use, but leather is much more forgiving and retention is good without or without a magnet. Really don’t see the need for the magnet unless you’re carrying something really heavy. I appendix carry a Jericho 941 and P7, and the retension is fine there. Maybe it would be different if they were carried on the side or OWB with a cover garment.
Thanks for your input. Haven't tried leather but I would assume it would be a bit more comfortable. I like the idea of the magnet because it also serves to keep the gun's retention (having the slide attracted to the magnet).