Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories Questions, answers and discussions regarding equipment specific to concealed carry.

Old 02-03-2020, 7:16 AM

Default Holster Suggestions for Sig P238

Buying holsters sight unseen sucks. For my new Sig P238 I ordered a Vedder OWB paddle holster only to find out that the way it's constructed the heel of the Sig does not lie flat against my stomach--it sticks outward and obviously prints.

Maybe someone has found an OWB paddle holster that is slim and allows the Sig (all of it) to fit close to the body?

I know this must be possible because my prior carry was a Ruger LCP and the factory Ruger paddle holster sat very close and there was little to no printing.
Old 02-03-2020, 8:15 AM

Personally I like the the Azula strapless leather OWB. It hold close to the body, the leather also sticks up high enough so the trigger doesn’t jab you in the side. It holds snug enough - never had any issues and it’s comfortable.

Used to carry a Glock 27 in a paddle holster, but don’t feel the need with my single stacks.
Old 02-03-2020, 8:29 PM

Jm Kydex does great work.
Old 02-06-2020, 1:17 PM

Mitch Rosen Express Line OWB.
Old 02-08-2020, 6:00 AM

Thanks for all the suggestions. Still looking.
Old 02-10-2020, 8:27 AM

Mitch Rosen and never look back....
Old 03-02-2020, 11:00 AM

After much searching and looking I finally found the answer: RM Paddle Holster

https://shop.rmholsters.com/Paddle-H...m?categoryId=1

It fits much tighter to the body than the Vedder I posted about above. The RM OWB Paddle Holster is a full 1/2 inch narrower at the top, where it counts, because it is designed with no adjustment screws there. I can't imagine any other holster fitting closer to the body; it's thickness is only enough for the belt to fit inside.

Here's a photo showing the RM on the left and the Vedder on the right. (Photo taken with the top of the holster closest to the camera.)

IMG_0043.jpg

The RM as tension adjustment screws at the bottom, but no other hardware or features that make it bulky. It is compact and simple in design and function. Just thought I'd mention it for anyone looking for close-fit OWB paddle holster. The RM would be tough to beat.
Old 12-31-2020, 5:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tareva View Post
After much searching and looking I finally found the answer: RM Paddle Holster

https://shop.rmholsters.com/Paddle-H...m?categoryId=1

It fits much tighter to the body than the Vedder I posted about above. The RM OWB Paddle Holster is a full 1/2 inch narrower at the top, where it counts, because it is designed with no adjustment screws there. I can't imagine any other holster fitting closer to the body; it's thickness is only enough for the belt to fit inside.

Here's a photo showing the RM on the left and the Vedder on the right. (Photo taken with the top of the holster closest to the camera.)

Attachment 877320

The RM as tension adjustment screws at the bottom, but no other hardware or features that make it bulky. It is compact and simple in design and function. Just thought I'd mention it for anyone looking for close-fit OWB paddle holster. The RM would be tough to beat.
Tareva, after 9 months now of owning the RM, anything change your opinion on it?
Old 01-01-2021, 10:18 AM

Steathgear Ventcore - $$ but worth it. Sale (15%) just ended . Look here