Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 11-04-2009, 8:44 AM

Default Carly Fiorina: Why I'm running for Senate

Sooo if its her vs Boxer, who is better for RKBA.
Or is it just the same

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/w...ery-government

Quote:
Our most pressing problems today are too few jobs for Americans and too much spending in Washington.
By CARLY FIORINA
Candidate for U.S. Senate from California

Admittedly, I have not always been engaged in the electoral process, and I should have been. For many years I felt disconnected from the decisions made in Washington and, to be honest, really didn't think my vote mattered because I didn't have a direct line of sight from my vote to a result.

I realize that thinking was wrong. As I grew throughout my career, beginning as a secretary and eventually becoming a CEO, I saw how government impacted business. I learned more as a member of advisory boards at the State Department, the Pentagon and the CIA. I now understand, in a very real way, that the decisions made by the Senate impact every family and every business, of any size, in America.

This is what motivates me to run for the U.S. Senate. And so today I am announcing my candidacy to serve the people of California as your next U.S. senator
Old 11-04-2009, 8:46 AM

Who is better? Isn't pretty much anyone better than Boxer, or has she been mild on restricting gun rights?
Old 11-04-2009, 9:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berg View Post
Who is better? Isn't pretty much anyone better than Boxer
+1. is she a RINO like arnold? Kali has a LOT of problems in addition to unemployment and high taxes, as we all know.
it will be interesting to get her answers on record.
same question applies to meg whittman/jerry brown
cam
Old 11-04-2009, 8:48 AM
Ban Hammer Avoidance Team
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: Did you notice how far over I've moved this part of my info? You should try it, it's fun.

"Why I'm running for Senate"

Uh... cuz your stint at HP didn't go so well and you need a job?

"Those who cannot remember the posts are condemned to repeat them"

I wish I had a dollar for every time someone used a cliché

Why is it all the funny stuff happens to comedians?
Old 11-04-2009, 10:16 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual_Shooter View Post

Uh... cuz your stint at HP didn't go so well and you need a job?
technically she doesn't really need the money. the golden parachute she has was ridiculous for a non-performing CEO. Who wouldn't want a job where you fail miserably and get fired, they pay huge sums of money to walk out!?! Her hubby is also pretty well off.

It's all about her freaking ego. She failed at Lucent. She failed at HP. I mean really, she's just fails. I'm really surprised HP made her a CEO other than to break a freaking glass ceiling in the company. She wasn't doing well at Lucent anyway.

Yeah, I don't like her. She's all talk but no meat in the end. But she actually does well as a keynote speaker. She has a huge ego. I can tell you she's not about the people as reflected in her stint in HP as a CEO. She was purely about shareholders, which means her supporters, not us. And one Gulf stream wasn't enough for her.
Old 11-04-2009, 9:26 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I was reading in the paper that this is not going to be cakewak for her. She has to get past Chuck DeVore who is said to be leading in the polls and the favorite of Republican insiders. Not sure what a "Republican insider" is but that's what the paper said.
Old 11-04-2009, 9:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp55 View Post
I was reading in the paper that this is not going to be cakewak for her. She has to get past Chuck DeVore who is said to be leading in the polls and the favorite of Republican insiders. Not sure what a "Republican insider" is but that's what the paper said.
DeVore is a serious traditional conservative. Fiorina isn't. I don't know where Fiorina is on guns, but DeVore is big-time pro-2A.
Old 11-04-2009, 9:45 AM

As unpopular as "democrats" may be here, this is their chairman's view of Fiorina:

“The last thing Californians need in a U.S. Senator is a failed CEO who was fired by her last employer after taking $100 million for herself.

“In these tough times, hard-working Californians need a Senator who will fight to create jobs, not a millionaire former executive who laid off more than 28,000 Americans and shipped jobs overseas.

“Carly Fiorina may have millions to spend on a Senatorial race, but Californians will not be snookered by yet another millionaire neophyte in search of a new hobby."
Old 11-04-2009, 1:16 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike d'Ocla View Post
As unpopular as "democrats" may be here, this is their chairman's view of Fiorina:

“The last thing Californians need in a U.S. Senator is a failed CEO who was fired by her last employer after taking $100 million for herself.

“In these tough times, hard-working Californians need a Senator who will fight to create jobs, not a millionaire former executive who laid off more than 28,000 Americans and shipped jobs overseas.

“Carly Fiorina may have millions to spend on a Senatorial race, but Californians will not be snookered by yet another millionaire neophyte in search of a new hobby."
Sounds like all the same accusations could be lobbed at Barbara boxer. (excect the "had a real job once" part)
650-315-2210
http://CoyotePointArmory.com
Old 11-04-2009, 1:47 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

taking this statement at face value, I agree

she's an epic fail at giving speeches as well, I almost fell asleep when she gave the commencement speech at Stanford
Old 11-04-2009, 4:33 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:

Coming from the party that sponsors Diane and Barbara this is quite a hoot.

Unless it's David Duke or a follower of that little Austrian fellow with the bad haircut & Groucho Mark moustache (I wonder, did anyone ever tell him "take off glasses, it makes you look like Groucho") I'm voting for whoverthehell runs against the junior Yenta from California.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:24 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp55 View Post
That's backwards. "Insiders" generally means the party bureaucrats, the committee members, that crowd. They were in the tank for Carly long ago, originally I suspect they hoped she would self-finance and save them a bundle of money. They also tried to keep others out of the race--apparently Larry Elder was told he'd get no party backing if he ran because they wanted Carly.

*Larry Elder*. A black conservative from South-Central wanted to run and they discouraged him. Nothing like playing by the other guy's rules--if they ever heard of fighting disruptively, apparently they didn't want any of it. But I digress....

DeVore's backers are the grass-roots party members who are quite tired of being told to shut up and man the phones for RINOs. The same people that refused to back a Republican candidate who was more liberal than the Democrat in NY-23.

Understand that all this is part of what happens when a party loses. What follows is a struggle for the soul of the party, generally fought between those who believe that they must be more like the other guys to win and those who believe they lost because they compromised too much and must be true to their principles and visions if they want the electorate to trust them.

I guess now is when Bill jumps in and tells me that what works elsewhere won't work here.

7x57

What do you need guns for if you are going to send your children, seven hours a day, 180 days a year to government schools? What do you need the guns for at that point?-- R. C. Sproul, Jr. (unconfirmed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulgron View Post
I know every chance I get I'm going to accuse 7x57 of being a shill for LCAV. Because I can.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:19 AM
Veteran Member

Fiorina, as far as I can tell, is a Leftist Republican. Not the sort that could get my support, that's for sure. In light of that, I think it is far more likely than not that she is indifferent to the gun issue at best, outright hostile to gun rights at worst. She won't be getting my vote, that's for sure.
Old 11-04-2009, 1:09 PM

Oh good, so she can get a chance at ruining the entire economy, and not just HP's.

Disclaimer: The poster is not responsible for any damage to the reader's keyboard, monitor, or dignity as a result of this post's comments.
"I am a sinner that does not expect forgiveness. But I am not a government official." Francis Wolcott (Deadwood)
Old 11-04-2009, 1:37 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Has she ever held elected office?
Old 11-04-2009, 2:09 PM
Veteran Member

I had the displeasure of meeting her once. Not a nice person, which means she might do well in politics. My impression was she's the type that would do or say anything if it means she gets her way. She had no use for me and was a complete B.....
"Looking a bit angry, he asked why I thought it was a Republican truck. I explained that if it were an Obama truck, the seats would blow smoke up your *** year-round. I had to walk back to the dealership. The guy had no sense of humor."
Old 11-04-2009, 2:11 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcconn View Post
I had the displeasure of meeting her once. Not a nice person, which means she might do well in politics. My impression was she's the type that would do or say anything if it means she gets her way. She had no use for me and was a complete B.....
Don't forget that she is really, really, really into herself. I Wonder what happen to that 40 million dollar jet she bought while at HP...
Look at the tyranny of party -- at what is called party allegiance, party loyalty -- a snare invented by designing men for selfish purposes -- and which turns voters into chattles, slaves, rabbits, and all the while their masters, and they themselves are shouting rubbish about liberty, independence, freedom of opinion, freedom of speech, honestly unconscious of the fantastic contradiction... Mark Twain

Old 11-04-2009, 2:18 PM

As I remember,,,,, She likes 'Big Brother" too,,,,, remember she,,, ummm,,, I mean her staff,,, liked to secretly tape executive conferences.
Old 11-04-2009, 3:00 PM
Calguns Addict

Location: Austin, Texas Republic (Ex Fremont, peoples republic California)

Interesting read on Carly..I may still vote for her if it's her and Boxer..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carly_Fiorina
Old 11-04-2009, 3:03 PM
Calguns Addict

She'll get few if any votes from HP employees, that's for sure. That ought to say say something about her executive abilities.
Old 11-04-2009, 3:04 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Interesting read, although I'm not convinced that CEOs make great public servants.
Old 11-04-2009, 5:23 PM

Don't kno Fiorina's position, but you probably can't go wrong with DeVore... dont know if he can win the general election though.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:18 PM
Triple Unobtainium Member
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Carlyfiorina? Isn't that just the way Arnie pronounces "California"?

Buy from Amazon? Use this link to shop and earn money for CGF at the same time!
Old 11-05-2009, 7:55 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Her statement reads as a preemptive apology for having not voted for a long time, like Whitman - so I guess we should expect Boxer's office to make that point soon.