Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 01-15-2019, 7:58 PM

Hey everyone, it's been a while since I've been on the site and active in guns, >5 years since my kids were born, but I had an encounter with a gang member in my medical clinic today that is making me consider getting a CCW permit.

Currently none of my guns are really great for CCW (Glock 35, Glock 17, Rock Island 1911, Ruger SR-22). So I would still need to get a good conceal gun and then do the training before anything could get started application wise. Thinking about a Springfield XD-S 45 if I can find one for sale.

Are there any doctors or nurse practitioners here that have their CCW? I'm pretty sure that I can write a decent good cause statement for myself as a nurse practitioner that has prescriptive authority for scheduled medications in a clinic in low socioeconomic area where the demographics of the population includes gang members.

I'm curious to know what other providers have used in their good cause statements.

I also have an active FFL-03 and COE if it makes any difference.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by deliverator; 01-15-2019 at 8:16 PM..
Old 01-16-2019, 10:48 AM

I read somewhere that someone did a long good cause statement and all the sherriff really needed was his first sentence “ I work at a pharmacy that is near by a homeless shelter” or something like that. When I did my training the instructor said that a lot of people that work in the medical field get CCW permits, especially ones that worked out on the field like EMT’s or people that worked in the ER.
Old 01-16-2019, 11:03 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deliverator View Post
Hey everyone, it's been a while since I've been on the site and active in guns, >5 years since my kids were born, but I had an encounter with a gang member in my medical clinic today that is making me consider getting a CCW permit.

I'm pretty sure that I can write a decent good cause statement for myself as a nurse practitioner that has prescriptive authority for scheduled medications in a clinic in low socioeconomic area where the demographics of the population includes gang members.

There you go....you just wrote your good cause.

03 & COE Probably wouldn’t account for much unless there’s more to that.
Old 01-16-2019, 11:08 AM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

My dad submitted renewal in the first part of December.

He got a request for additional info, and submitted it right away.

He picked up his renewal the first week of January.

They appear to be runnig about a month.

I submitted mine the first week of January for a March expiry date.
Quote:
Originally Posted by repubconserv View Post
Print it out and frame it for all I care
Quote:
Originally Posted by el chivo View Post
I don't need to think at all..
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsig View Post
You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. J Beezy View Post
Unfortunately for you, I have the truth on my side and... I’m definitely better than you at what you make a living from.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 01-16-2019, 1:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deliverator View Post

Currently none of my guns are really great for CCW (Glock 35, Glock 17, Rock Island 1911, Ruger SR-22). So I would still need to get a good conceal gun and then do the training before anything could get started application wise. Thinking about a Springfield XD-S 45 if I can find one for sale.

Are there any doctors or nurse practitioners here that have their CCW? I'm pretty sure that I can write a decent good cause statement for myself as a nurse practitioner that has prescriptive authority for scheduled medications in a clinic in low socioeconomic area where the demographics of the population includes gang members.

I'm curious to know what other providers have used in their good cause statements.

I also have an active FFL-03 and COE if it makes any difference.

Thanks in advance.
Our family doctor has a permit. He even trained with my son in law who is a OCSD firearms trainer - unbeknownst to us.

And yes, you can easily get your permit, and you don't need a special firearm to apply - you can always add one or more later.
Besides your glock 17 will work, the 19 is a little more compact. The M&P Shield is extremely popular for CCW. The XD's have great ergos, but the S-version is not a CA roster gun. I got one before the SSE curtain.

And get some CCW insurance in case you actually do have to use your firearm.
Old 01-16-2019, 1:29 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citadelgrad87 View Post
My dad submitted renewal in the first part of December.

He got a request for additional info, and submitted it right away.

He picked up his renewal the first week of January.

They appear to be runnig about a month.

I submitted mine the first week of January for a March expiry date.

Good to know! I see from their site that no renewal applications will be accepted more than 90 days from expiration so I plan to apply in March for June expiration.

Definitely much more efficient than when I first applied four years ago, and the option to apply for a 3-year license is awesome.
Old 01-18-2019, 6:08 PM

Hey guys, I’ve been wanting to get my CCW (Orange County) for a while now but haven’t really been sure about what constitutes as good cause, so I figured I’d ask to see what you all think.

Currently I work in an area with a high homeless population that also is a high traffic area for drug use as well. I’ve had a few run ins with people getting a little too close for comfort while asking for “spare change” and also had someone attempt to break into my vehicle while I was in it. On top of this, we are a heavily cash-reliant business and I am often one of the first, if not the first, employee on sight in the morning to open up the building. I do have a key to the building and access to the money inside, do you think that this would be deemed “good cause” if I get a signed letter from my boss, who has also been threatened at knife point, stating his support for this?

Unfortunately not many of these incidents have been documents by law enforcement, so I’m not sure how I’ll fare, any input is appreciated!
Old 01-18-2019, 6:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaza View Post
Hey guys, I’ve been wanting to get my CCW (Orange County) for a while now but haven’t really been sure about what constitutes as good cause, so I figured I’d ask to see what you all think.

Currently I work in an area with a high homeless population that also is a high traffic area for drug use as well. I’ve had a few run ins with people getting a little too close for comfort while asking for “spare change” and also had someone attempt to break into my vehicle while I was in it. On top of this, we are a heavily cash-reliant business and I am often one of the first, if not the first, employee on sight in the morning to open up the building. I do have a key to the building and access to the money inside, do you think that this would be deemed “good cause” if I get a signed letter from my boss, who has also been threatened at knife point, stating his support for this?

Unfortunately not many of these incidents have been documents by law enforcement, so I’m not sure how I’ll fare, any input is appreciated!
Write it up. Get peer review. Get your permit.
You can't shoot people for panhandling.
Old 01-18-2019, 6:18 PM

You think it’s decent enough? And I know panhandling isn’t a good reason, more-so the other things mentioned. And by peer review, do you literally just mean have someone I know review it? Sorry for all the questions!
Old 01-18-2019, 8:52 PM

if you mention your job, be prepared to have your employer put it on paper and write you a letter..
Old 01-18-2019, 9:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mp5marley View Post
if you mention your job, be prepared to have your employer put it on paper and write you a letter..
Disagree. Depends on the job. I cited my job in my GC and a paystub was sufficient.
Old 01-18-2019, 9:16 PM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mp5marley View Post
Nope. Not in my experience.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
Quote:
Unfortunately for you, I have the truth on my side and... I’m definitely better than you at what you make a living from.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 01-19-2019, 9:44 PM

Anyone having a longer turn around time?

submitted application and live scan 11/9/18
submitted training and pay stub 11/19/18
email stating has been submitted for final approval 12/13/18

In response to above thread, I told them I worked in a pharmacy and all they asked was for was a pay stub. Just working in an area with cash and drugs is sufficient for them.

EDIT: Approved 1/23/19

Last edited by jackergta; 01-23-2019 at 6:05 PM.. Reason: update
Old 01-22-2019, 3:56 PM

Anyone recently received there permit? Timeline? My application has been on the seargents desk since late December. Just curious if anything changed since Don Barnes took over.
Old 01-22-2019, 4:38 PM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precise View Post
Anyone recently received there permit? Timeline? My application has been on the seargents desk since late December. Just curious if anything changed since Don Barnes took over.
My dad’s renewal timeline is above, about 30 days from submission of renewal to pick up of permit. This included a request for additional information.

I submitted my own 1/9/2019 for a 3/21 expiry date.

Today, 1/22, i recieved a request for additional documentation relevant to my good cause.

The documentation was readily available to me, and has already been submitted.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 01-23-2019, 10:12 AM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Update.

Renewal time line:

License expires 3/22.

Submitted renewal packet, complete, with training certificate: 1/08/2019

Last go around, i submitted 90 days early but was not renewed until after my permit had expired.

Instant email acknowledging receipt of my packet.

Request for supporting documentation: 1/22/2019

Additional documentation provided: 1/22/2019

Acknowledgment of complete packet moving for final review: 1/23/2019

That email said i will hear back for pickup date closer to my expiry date.

This was my second renewal, hard to beleive its been 6 years with a permit. My first electronic renewal, and i am very happy with the new system.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 01-23-2019, 9:21 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Update.

Renewal time line:

License expires 3/22.

Last go around, i submitted 90 days early but was not renewed until after my permit had expired.

This was my second renewal, hard to beleive its been 6 years with a permit. My first electronic renewal, and i am very happy with the new system.

Awesome to hear!
Old 01-24-2019, 9:14 PM

Quote:
Update.

Renewal time line:

License expires 3/22.

Is this process different now where you take the 4 hour training prior to receiving a conditional approval?
Old 01-25-2019, 3:55 PM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by csambitions View Post
Is this process different now where you take the 4 hour training prior to receiving a conditional approval?
Yes. The automated online renewal packet asks for a pdf of your renewal training ceritificate when you submit the renewal application.

My read, although i did not ask, is that the packet is not considered complete until the renewal training cert is submitted.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 01-27-2019, 11:09 PM

I’m looking to apply for a CCW license in Orange County in the near future. If my application is denied for having an insufficiently good reason, is there a cooldown period before I can apply again or any other repercussions?
Old 01-28-2019, 6:22 AM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux View Post
I’m looking to apply for a CCW license in Orange County in the near future. If my application is denied for having an insufficiently good reason, is there a cooldown period before I can apply again or any other repercussions?
As far as has been reported here, the department will contact you and ask for additional good cause rather than just flatly deny.

Speak to your ccw instructor about good cause statements. Oc wants to issue, you just have to gove them what they need to do so.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 01-28-2019, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Yes. The automated online renewal packet asks for a pdf of your renewal training ceritificate when you submit the renewal application.

My read, although i did not ask, is that the packet is not considered complete until the renewal training cert is submitted.
It is actually optional (like old process) in the beginning phase, but needs to be completed before renewal being issued. Long story short, I had to reapply and I saw the optional in the form. I selected pay by credit; the vendor had to cancel my whole application to change it to pay by cash, which I did not know they did until I emailed them .
Old 01-28-2019, 11:52 AM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by csambitions View Post
It is actually optional (like old process) in the beginning phase, but needs to be completed before renewal being issued. Long story short, I had to reapply and I saw the optional in the form. I selected pay by credit; the vendor had to cancel my whole application to change it to pay by cash, which I did not know they did until I emailed them .
The system now says “select pay at pickup” for all renewals, so there must be an issue across the board.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 02-06-2019, 7:41 AM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Update.

Renewal time line:

License expires 3/22.

Update.

February 4 I got two emails and a robocall voice mail telling me to come pick up my permit. The last email was signed by a real human and had red writing instructing me to pick up any day after March 3, no appointment needed.

Thats less than 30 days for a renewal, folks.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 02-06-2019, 9:34 AM

Hi everyone, just a FNG seeking some clarity before submitting application to Orange county for CCW. Appreciate your knowledge, Ps., i had many more questions but already searched through pages of CCW forums here and found a lot of answers. Thanks in advance.

1. is ''good cause'' still a huge deciding factor? I need guidance here, private message me if you can help me determine a good cause? Thank you.
2. The pistol I currently own is not what I want to CCW. Is it simple to add a pistol after i've submitted the app? E.g., lets say I buy a CCW pistol 8 weeks after I apply...can I add it? Or should I just wait to apply until after I have the pistols I want to register? The truth is I want to apply now, but can't really afford to purchase the CCW pistol I want just yet, so it could be 6-10 weeks from now.
3. Are we required to take the CCW training BEFORE applying? Or just before they issue?
4. Is a character letter from an active duty LEO more helpful than from a friend of 30+ years?
5. I currently and actively volunteer at my local PD and was LiveScanned and background checked 2 years ago..is the LiveScan still valid?

Thank you.
DR484
Old 02-06-2019, 3:19 PM

You may want to get your edc weapon before you apply. What happens is you need to list your weapons on your application. Which needs to be turned in to start the process. You also want to have your training done very close to when you start the process. Because your application is basically on hold after your interview until the training is done. Then the time starts once that is turned in. Right now it looks like it’s about 2 months after they have all the proper paperwork that you possibly could receive your CCW. If you tested with a gun you weren’t planning on carrying you would have to retest after you get your CCW and add a weapon to the CCW. Hope this makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-07-2019, 5:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW-484 View Post
Hi everyone, just a FNG seeking some clarity before submitting application to Orange county for CCW. Appreciate your knowledge, Ps., i had many more questions but already searched through pages of CCW forums here and found a lot of answers. Thanks in advance.

1. is ''good cause'' still a huge deciding factor? Yes I need guidance here, private message me if you can help me determine a good cause? Thank you. If you want more info look into Artemis Defense and register for their Pre CCW class. It's free.
2. The pistol I currently own is not what I want to CCW. Is it simple to add a pistol after i've submitted the app? yes E.g., lets say I buy a CCW pistol 8 weeks after I apply...can I add it? You can add/remove any pistol at any time. You will just have to pay the fee's. Or should I just wait to apply until after I have the pistols I want to register? The truth is I want to apply now, but can't really afford to purchase the CCW pistol I want just yet, so it could be 6-10 weeks from now. Personally... I'd apply for my ccw first. Making changes is simple and I assume it should be fairly quicker now.
3. Are we required to take the CCW training BEFORE applying? Or just before they issue? There are no requirement. You could do it either before or after application submital. Some will take it before they submit, some will take it right after they submit, and some will take it after they receive their conditional approval letter. I waited till I got my conditional approval to take mine.
4. Is a character letter from an active duty LEO more helpful than from a friend of 30+ years? I (personally) think this is not needed. Just be truthful with your GCS and you'll be fine.
5. I currently and actively volunteer at my local PD and was LiveScanned and background checked 2 years ago..is the LiveScan still valid? Perfect start to your GC... use this and run with it.

Thank you.
DR484
Don't overthink it too much. OCSD wants to issue, they just need a reason to. If you can legally own a firearm, have one registered under your name, and volunteer at your local PD station and you can prove it if asked, I think your approval rate would be 99%. Then again there's always the 1%

GL and report back. Hope this helps.

Last edited by slixx1320; 02-07-2019 at 5:09 AM..
Old 02-07-2019, 6:09 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

To follow slixx1320:
Quote:
2. The truth is I want to apply now, but can't really afford to purchase the CCW pistol I want just yet, so it could be 6-10 weeks from now. Follow your truth, if you can. It may be harder, but you’ll be happier.
3. Are we required to take the CCW training BEFORE applying? Or just before they issue? Under PC 26165(d), the IA can’t require you to pay for training prior to accepting your Good Cause. Some folks go forward anyway, based on the feedback from their interviews and their projection of what the Livescan will reveal. Your previous Livescan is a good indicator that you will clear that hurdle.
4. Is a character letter from an active duty LEO more helpful than from a friend of 30+ years?
Not If your pal shares stories of your street-running and carousing.
5. I currently and actively volunteer at my local PD and was LiveScanned and background checked 2 years ago..is the LiveScan still valid? You’ll need a new Livescan.

Thank you.
DR484
Old 02-08-2019, 7:57 AM

Quote:

1. is ''good cause'' still a huge deciding factor? I need guidance here, private message me if you can help me determine a good cause? Thank you.
2. The pistol I currently own is not what I want to CCW. Is it simple to add a pistol after i've submitted the app? E.g., lets say I buy a CCW pistol 8 weeks after I apply...can I add it? Or should I just wait to apply until after I have the pistols I want to register? The truth is I want to apply now, but can't really afford to purchase the CCW pistol I want just yet, so it could be 6-10 weeks from now.
3. Are we required to take the CCW training BEFORE applying? Or just before they issue?
5. I currently and actively volunteer at my local PD and was LiveScanned and background checked 2 years ago..is the LiveScan still valid?

Thank you.
DR484
Oh my...so many "opinions" on what you "SHOULD do". LOL

Apply now. You can add additional firearms easily - just submit a form and qualify - easy-peasy. You'll likely have your permit within a month or so. If you get a new firearm after that you want to add it's about ten or fifteen bucks. The new qualifying for additional firearms has also been reduced - not as many rounds - you just have to demonstrate you can hit a target at close range - they don't want you running around with a loaded gun that you can't hit what you're shooting at. LOL

Good cause is their CYA in your file. Just make it about where the 'threat of grave bodily injury or death' lies in your daily rounds. There was a whole thread dedicated to this...probly find it in search. Mine and a few others were posted in entirety as examples. Once you have a draft you can PM some old-timers here for peer review. Remember, it's not about defending 'stuff', it's about defending for grave bodily injury or death, outside of your home.

While you CAN get training ahead it's not necessary - you can do it when they preliminarily approve your application. The classes are frequent and easy to register, there are even online options you can do instantly or on your own schedule. Mine was done within days and submitted.

You don't need a character reference. CA DOJ will vet you accordingly. You do need proof of residency, and they check, and your GCS by CA statute. They will even help you with your statement. If you cannot articulate your reason to carry they're not going to issue a permit.

They'll likely submit you for live scan anyway, I think those need to be done within a few months, 3 to 6 or something IIRC.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Old 02-13-2019, 7:41 PM

Default Good Cause Supporting Document

Hi, I'm a self-employed I.T. professional and I'm thinking about applying for a CCW in OC. My good cause statement is that there are times where I have to visit client offices after hours and at times would have expensive computer equipment with me. What kind of supporting document would I need to upload to support this good cause statement? Or is this not good enough of a statement? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 02-13-2019, 8:01 PM

Photos of you with said equipment, copies of paid invoices showing after-hours billing would be what I'd provide first. If that's not sufficient, you'll likely be asked to provide additional details.

Lawfully carrying in 36 states
Clamper:64 & 1069 | Ham:Extra | Dirtbike:Fast
Old 02-14-2019, 9:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyan21 View Post
Hi, I'm a self-employed I.T. professional and I'm thinking about applying for a CCW in OC. My good cause statement is that there are times where I have to visit client offices after hours and at times would have expensive computer equipment with me. What kind of supporting document would I need to upload to support this good cause statement? [...]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vocoder View Post
Photos of you with said equipment, copies of paid invoices showing after-hours billing would be what I'd provide first. If that's not sufficient, you'll likely be asked to provide additional details.
I'm not sure about photos; most people probably couldn't identify expensive computer hardware by inspection. Since you are self-employed you might need to provide some evidence that you're not just making an empty claim. When a person works for a corporation or similar, a current paystub and employee ID are probably sufficient, but if you are self-employed, what can serve as a reasonable substitute? A business Web site, a business card naming you as the owner, maybe a tax return connecting you with the business? Others here who are self-employed can probably chime in.

You might want to emphasize that you have access to data, proprietary information, passwords, facilities, etc., that might be of interest to people looking to steal those things or commit other crimes by way of that access. Implying that a permit would be used to protect property is a slippery slope, and general self-defense isn't adequate, so you are "sailing" between those two unacceptable elements, if you will. Basically your business activity makes you a target for opportunistic criminals, like the pharmacist upthread.
Old 02-14-2019, 2:41 PM

This is exactly the info I was seeking. Thank you very much. Appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by love4guns View Post
You may want to get your edc weapon before you apply. What happens is you need to list your weapons on your application. Which needs to be turned in to start the process. You also want to have your training done very close to when you start the process. Because your application is basically on hold after your interview until the training is done. Then the time starts once that is turned in. Right now it looks like it’s about 2 months after they have all the proper paperwork that you possibly could receive your CCW. If you tested with a gun you weren’t planning on carrying you would have to retest after you get your CCW and add a weapon to the CCW. Hope this makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-14-2019, 2:42 PM

Thank you, sir. I'm hoping so, too. I will certainly report back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slixx1320 View Post
Don't overthink it too much. OCSD wants to issue, they just need a reason to. If you can legally own a firearm, have one registered under your name, and volunteer at your local PD station and you can prove it if asked, I think your approval rate would be 99%. Then again there's always the 1%

GL and report back. Hope this helps.
Old 02-14-2019, 2:42 PM

You WRITE it out as a statement.
The rest of all that you can provide if/when requested.

My statement is very similar - it's posted in full on the other thread - the GCS thread. No other documentation has ever been requested - just proof of employment, which is standard practice - they include your place of employment in your application file.
Old 02-14-2019, 2:43 PM

Thank you for the reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
To follow slixx1320:
Old 02-14-2019, 2:48 PM

Browneye,

Thank you for the info and good info. I may send you my GC statement for review, thanks in advance if you have time to vet it.

Will follow up here as things progress.

MW484

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browneye View Post
Oh my...so many "opinions" on what you "SHOULD do". LOL

Apply now. You can add additional firearms easily - just submit a form and qualify - easy-peasy. You'll likely have your permit within a month or so. If you get a new firearm after that you want to add it's about ten or fifteen bucks. The new qualifying for additional firearms has also been reduced - not as many rounds - you just have to demonstrate you can hit a target at close range - they don't want you running around with a loaded gun that you can't hit what you're shooting at. LOL

Good cause is their CYA in your file. Just make it about where the 'threat of grave bodily injury or death' lies in your daily rounds. There was a whole thread dedicated to this...probly find it in search. Mine and a few others were posted in entirety as examples. Once you have a draft you can PM some old-timers here for peer review. Remember, it's not about defending 'stuff', it's about defending for grave bodily injury or death, outside of your home.

While you CAN get training ahead it's not necessary - you can do it when they preliminarily approve your application. The classes are frequent and easy to register, there are even online options you can do instantly or on your own schedule. Mine was done within days and submitted.

You don't need a character reference. CA DOJ will vet you accordingly. You do need proof of residency, and they check, and your GCS by CA statute. They will even help you with your statement. If you cannot articulate your reason to carry they're not going to issue a permit.

They'll likely submit you for live scan anyway, I think those need to be done within a few months, 3 to 6 or something IIRC.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Old 02-18-2019, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Browneye,

Thank you for the info and good info. I may send you my GC statement for review, thanks in advance if you have time to vet it.

Will follow up here as things progress.
No problem.
Old 02-18-2019, 11:10 AM

Hey Calgunners!
What's the best way to sell some guns on my ccw list?
Do I have to do the amendment first? or can I sell them first and then do an amendment?
Reason I ask is because I might be adding a couple of guns later this month and I don't want to be doing multiple amendments.
Any ideas?

Thanks

Last edited by francisk; 02-19-2019 at 12:23 AM..
Old 02-19-2019, 5:45 AM

I applied for my CCW 11/26/18 and got a interview on 11/28/19. I think the interview went well and I had to make some corrections because Turners in Pasadena wrote the serial number for my handgun incorrectly, then got the live scan and training done. It’s been about 3 months now and I’m wondering what the normal time frame to getting a ccw is?