Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories Questions, answers and discussions regarding equipment specific to concealed carry.

Old 01-19-2019, 9:14 PM
Calguns Addict

Default Need OWB Kydex Concealment Holster

I'm looking for a kydex OWB concealment holster for a 4.25" M&P Core, carried at 3 o'clock. I think. Might go a little further back.

Must Haves:
Kydex
Low profile
Carries High and tight
Adjustable retention
Adjustable CANT

Nice to Haves
Adjustable Ride Height

I'm looking pretty hard at the Bravo Concealment holster. Who else should I be looking at?

Fighter Pilot
Old 01-19-2019, 10:07 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by L84CABO View Post
I'm looking for a kydex OWB concealment holster for a 4.25" M&P Core, carried at 3 o'clock. I think. Might go a little further back.

Must Haves:
Kydex
Low profile
Carries High and tight
Adjustable retention
Adjustable CANT

Nice to Haves
Adjustable Ride Height

I'm looking pretty hard at the Bravo Concealment holster. Who else should I be looking at?
Since your going to be San Diego from time to time Checkout Triple ZZZ they, Pitalo in Yuma, and Cooks Holsters in Georgia. All three can do custom work so if you have something beyond pure basic in mind all are good. I have experience with all three either doing custom pieces for my clients, or myself.

The advantage Triple Z is you can actually be there well they build it if you schedule an appointment, they will be able to tailor the fit.
Old 01-20-2019, 2:05 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by L84CABO View Post

Must Haves:
Kydex
Low profile
Carries High and tight
Adjustable retention
Adjustable CANT

Nice to Haves
Adjustable Ride Height

You are looking for a lot of features in a kydex product. I am not sure that you can get all that with a nice simple kydex holster.

I too can recommend ZZZ Custom Holsters in SD/ Oceanside area. You can visit the shop with your gun and he can make it to your specification right there...

https://www.zzzcustomholsters.com/

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." ----Benjamin Franklin

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member
Old 01-20-2019, 8:45 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCEquestrian View Post
You are looking for a lot of features in a kydex product. I am not sure that you can get all that with a nice simple kydex holster.

I too can recommend ZZZ Custom Holsters in SD/ Oceanside area. You can visit the shop with your gun and he can make it to your specification right there...

https://www.zzzcustomholsters.com/
Nope all of those things are available you just have to ask. It's less common in OWB but it's doable.

The issue is that OWB is still going to be more difficult to conceal than IWB but there are still a lot of people who do it (not so much in California).

The hardest requirement to find in an OWB will be the adjustable retention. That is generally a special request on OWB non competition holsters. As long s your willing to pay for the extra work it can be done.