Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > FFL's Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

FFL's Forum For open discussion between FFLs and polite questions for FFLs.

Old 03-23-2021, 2:23 PM

Default COE RENEWAL

How far out from the expiration date does the re-newal option appear on CFARS? I am less than 90 days out (88) as of today. Sent an e-mail and Issue but no response as yet.
Thanks
Old 03-23-2021, 3:05 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

IIRC its 60

Follow us on Facebook @acesjewelryandloan Need Cash Fast? Get a loan on your firearms here!
Old 03-23-2021, 3:06 PM

60 but many times the coe system won't let you submit till 59 days
Old 03-23-2021, 3:11 PM

Thank You, I just now received an email from the DOJ COE Unit informing me of the same. That is the fastest response from them I have ever received from the DOJ! Less than an hour.Must be a really slow day?lol
Old 03-24-2021, 6:56 PM

ditto to what scoutpup99 said....I had same experience. I learned from renewing mine last year (in January), doing as early as possible is always the best (lucked out and got it processed and renewed very quickly). Waiting till close to your expiration date....chances are it won't be so fast.
Old 03-27-2021, 9:06 AM

Do not forget to upload a scan of your CA ID and FFL - some folks have said their application was kicked back without one or the other.

NRA/DOJ/ILEETA instructor, NRA RSO, Journalist
Old 03-27-2021, 9:40 AM

You also need to submit your FFL in the notes, I think.
Old 04-05-2021, 12:29 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Just an update for everyone on COE renewals.

Submitted my COE renewal on the 18th of March (60 days before Expiration), I included a copy of my DL and that was all. I received my new COE renewal on the April 3rd.

Took 16 days to complete.
Old 04-05-2021, 2:19 PM

I updated my FFL info in my PROFILE instead of the notes and that seemed to work ok too.
Also, updated my COE expiration date too.
Refer to SKYHAWK's post #63 & #86 at the link http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1684309
Old 05-05-2021, 5:20 PM

Hello All, Well I re-newed my COE on CFARS at 59 days (on a Friday). All went well enough with the process. On the following Monday I checked my CFARS Account and had a message my application was pending and I needed to pay DOJ the renewal fee to finish the process. So I did thinkin the original payment didnt process . Well, check my e-mail shortly after and had two receipts, one for the original transaction, one for the second. Hmmm, something was amiss! So, sending a message on My Issue Log, and being advised to call customer service,(NO progress there as one could guess) I e-mailed the COE Branch and after a week sent I received this response.
COE
11:42 AM (6 hours ago)
to me

Hello,

There is only one pending renewal application from you. The application status is currently: In Progress.

Please note, the Department of Justice does not issue refunds once a transaction has been submitted.

Best regards,

Operator #214

Bureau of Firearms

Certificate of Eligibility Unit

Well Well. I then e-mailed the copies of both receipts, and after checking with my credit card company I let the DOJ know I have indeed paid them twice. And I asked since they will not refund payments could I get a credit against a future transaction? Well, I can hardly wait for the next response in a week or two or more. LOL, I know its only $22.00 but on principle they (DOJ) and the state as a whole have gotten way too much of our money. The system is so broken in this state as far as DOJ, DMV,EDD, HHS on and on, they cannot account for untold Millions if not Billions much less than my measley $22.00. Has anyone else had this type of issue? Hope not. Thanks for the rant time to point out the broken system LOL
Old 05-05-2021, 5:28 PM

Hello All, Well I re-newed my COE on CFARS at 59 days (on a Friday). All went well enough with the process. On the following Monday I checked my CFARS Account and had a message my application was pending and I needed to pay DOJ the renewal fee to finish the process. So I did thinkin the original payment didnt process . Well, check my e-mail shortly after and had two receipts, one for the original transaction, one for the second. Hmmm, something was amiss! So, sending a message on My Issue Log, and being advised to call customer service,(NO progress there as one could guess) I e-mailed the COE Branch and after a week sent I received this response.
COE
11:42 AM (6 hours ago)
to me

Hello,

There is only one pending renewal application from you. The application status is currently: In Progress.

Please note, the Department of Justice does not issue refunds once a transaction has been submitted.

Best regards,

Operator #214

Bureau of Firearms

Certificate of Eligibility Unit

Well Well. I then e-mailed the copies of both receipts, and after checking with my credit card company I let the DOJ know I have indeed paid them twice. And I asked since they will not refund payments could I get a credit against a future transaction? Well, I can hardly wait for the next response in a week or two or more. LOL, I know its only $22.00 but on principle they (DOJ) and the state as a whole have gotten way too much of our money. The system is so broken in this state as far as DOJ, DMV,EDD, HHS on and on, they cannot account for untold Millions if not Billions much less than my measley $22.00. Has anyone else had this type of issue? Hope not. Thanks for the rant time to point out the broken system LOL
Old 05-06-2021, 6:48 AM

What a dry humor! Made me laugh out loud
Old 05-07-2021, 11:27 AM

Default The Saga Continues

Well, no response from DOJ concerning my over payment, probably wont. However I received an e-mail stating my application was incomplete. They needed my 03 FFL Number. There are no requirements in the Instructions stating that it needed to be included.Nor is there a Select file option for Uploading a copy of the FFL. I listed it under California ID and gave them the info they require in the comment section and sent a comment in the issue log. So, if you are renewing include your FFL Number in the comments section. And, if you have a mind to, call them to task for their lack of instructions required to renew. I did, possibly to my detriment. LOL
Old 05-07-2021, 1:34 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLM690 View Post
Well, no response from DOJ concerning my over payment, probably wont. However I received an e-mail stating my application was incomplete. They needed my 03 FFL Number. There are no requirements in the Instructions stating that it needed to be included.Nor is there a Select file option for Uploading a copy of the FFL. I listed it under California ID and gave them the info they require in the comment section and sent a comment in the issue log. So, if you are renewing include your FFL Number in the comments section. And, if you have a mind to, call them to task for their lack of instructions required to renew. I did, possibly to my detriment. LOL
Were it I, I would immediately contest the payment with my C. Card company.
Let them battle it out with DOJ.

So, now it is ironic that the State whittles away at the right of its citizens to defend themselves from the possible oppression of their State.
Judge Roger T. Benitez
LCM's ruled legal 3/29/2019