Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-23-2023, 9:28 PM
TrappedinCalifornia's Avatar
TrappedinCalifornia TrappedinCalifornia is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: What Used to be a Great State
Posts: 4,277
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default Newsom After Monterey Park Shooting: "Second Amendment Is Becoming A Suicide Pact"

I made this a post in the OT thread on the Monterey shooting; but, I felt Newsom's reaction might deserve it's own thread in terms of how he views the Constitution (both Federal and State), how he views fundamental rights (including the right to keep and bear arms), and the fact that his name is being bandied about as a Presidential candidate. If nothing else, though we knew he wasn't done with us, what does this potentially portend in terms of gun ownership in California? If he now considers the 2nd Amendment to be a 'suicide pact,' uh...

Never let a good crisis go to waste... Newsom after Monterey Park shooting: "Second Amendment is becoming a suicide pact"

Quote:
California Gov. Gavin Newsom is renewing his calls for stricter gun control measures following the mass shooting at a dance hall in Monterey Park on Saturday that killed at least 11 people and injured nine others.

"Nothing about this is surprising. Everything about this is infuriating," he told "CBS Evening News" anchor and managing editor Norah O'Donnell on Monday. "The Second Amendment is becoming a suicide pact."

Newsom clarified that he has "no ideological opposition" against people who "responsibly" own guns and get background checks and training on how to use them...
Gee. What an even-handed guy. Aren't you glad he's our Governor? After all, he's only interested in your rights... and how quickly he can take them away.

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-23-2023, 9:45 PM
The Gleam's Avatar
The Gleam The Gleam is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 9,615
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

So ironic; Maoist, Leninist, Stalinist NeoSocialist tyrants like him are the very reason we have tar, feathers, and the 2nd Amendment.

Of course he wants to do away with it and will use any rhetoric to achieve that goal and exert absolute power.


---
__________________
-----------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarian View Post
What compelling interest has any level of government in knowing what guns are owned by civilians? (Those owned by government should be inventoried and tracked, for exactly the same reasons computers and desks and chairs are tracked: responsible care of public property.)

If some level of government had that information, what would they do with it? How would having that info benefit public safety? How would it benefit law enforcement?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-23-2023, 10:30 PM
Boss302's Avatar
Boss302 Boss302 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Posts: 3
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

What a jerk off ! Murder is already ILLEGAL ! All the unconstitutional arms laws didnt stop that murderer. Go soil your pants Newsom.
__________________
The 66 GT350H Mustang has a 70 Boss 302 engine in it.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-23-2023, 10:38 PM
CessnaDriver's Avatar
CessnaDriver CessnaDriver is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 9,413
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

I don't see him giving up his armed security details. Until then, grand hypocrite.
__________________
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/signaturepics/sigpic28512_1.gif

"Yeah, like... well, I just want to slap a hippie or two. Maybe even make them get jobs."

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-23-2023, 10:45 PM
Subotai's Avatar
Subotai Subotai is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Occupied Vespuchia
Posts: 10,687
iTrader: 26 / 100%
Default

Shut up, Beavis.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-23-2023, 10:55 PM
the_tunaman's Avatar
the_tunaman the_tunaman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Now in Henderson, NV!
Posts: 1,935
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gleam View Post
So ironic; Maoist, Leninist, Stalinist NeoSocialist tyrants like him are the very reason we have tar, feathers, and the 2nd Amendment.

Of course he wants to do away with it and will use any rhetoric to achieve that goal and exert absolute power.


---
THIS - he can suck a big bag of penii.

FGN!
__________________
MAGA - drain the swamp^D^D^D^D^Dcesspool!
Proud deplorable wacist!
#NotMyStateGovernment!
Just remember BAMN - there is no level too low for them to stoop!
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
COVID survivor - ain稚 gonna get pricked!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-23-2023, 11:05 PM
DentonandSasquatchShow's Avatar
DentonandSasquatchShow DentonandSasquatchShow is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Southern California
Posts: 804
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Newsom clarified that he has "no ideological opposition" against people who "responsibly" own guns and get background checks and training on how to use them.
Whose to say both shooters hadn't done those things?

Anyone willing to give up freedom for safety deserve neither. Thy name is Newsom.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-23-2023, 11:07 PM
Eat Dirt's Avatar
Eat Dirt Eat Dirt is offline
CGSSA Specialist
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Riverside County / Hemet
Posts: 10,312
iTrader: 311 / 100%
Default

Jump'in on that soapbox ....
Dems playbook / never let a tragedy go to waste

His picture reminds me of Joe Isuzu "" Trust Me ""
__________________
--------------------------------------------------------------

Tumbled BRASS For Sale

Just check my Long Running Thread : http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=262832
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-24-2023, 12:55 AM
ironman586 ironman586 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: So Cal
Posts: 31
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Gavin is a wonderful guy and doing a great job as governor. Just ask him !!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-24-2023, 3:39 AM
M76's Avatar
M76 M76 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Urbanized Suburbia
Posts: 4,656
iTrader: 100 / 100%
Default

phlegmocrats represent everything that’s wrong with this country
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunndeal View Post
Stop digging.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-24-2023, 5:00 AM
yuccales's Avatar
yuccales yuccales is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Northern California
Posts: 568
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

FGN & FJB.
__________________
Rest In Peace, Officers Singh, Corona, O担ullivan, Moye Jr. ,Ishmael, Gutzwiller, Gibson, Inn, Benedetti, Vaca, Lenehan, Alvarado, Vella, Arroyos, Paredes, Santana, Cordero, Carrasco Jr.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-24-2023, 5:49 AM
Mayor McRifle's Avatar
Mayor McRifle Mayor McRifle is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Central Valley
Posts: 7,389
iTrader: 23 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
I don't see him giving up his armed security details. Until then, grand hypocrite.
Exactly. And the worst part is that we as taxpayers pay for his armed security.

But Newsom has it backwards. The law-abiding people who died in those shootings couldn’t defend themselves because of Newsom’s gun control laws. The shooters didn’t obey those laws. Anyone who supports gun control measures that take guns out of the hands of law-abiding people are entering into the kind of suicide pact that Newsom is talking about, because they’re agreeing to disarm themselves and the good people around them against the predatory acts of criminals who will never obey those laws.
__________________
Anchors Aweigh


Last edited by Mayor McRifle; 01-24-2023 at 5:56 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-24-2023, 6:04 AM
wpage's Avatar
wpage wpage is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,017
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

What about building reservoirs? We already have the 10 Commandments to forbid killing...
__________________
God so loved the world He gave His only Son... Believe in Him and have everlasting life.
John 3:16

United Air Epic Fail Video ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99Q7pNAjvg
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-24-2023, 7:21 AM
pennstater's Avatar
pennstater pennstater is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: California Territory
Posts: 4,287
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
I don't see him giving up his armed security details. Until then, grand hypocrite.
And he won't. Hypocrite at it's finest.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-24-2023, 7:29 AM
DaveInOroValley's Avatar
DaveInOroValley DaveInOroValley is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: In a free state as of 2020
Posts: 8,308
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-24-2023, 7:49 AM
Arreaux's Avatar
Arreaux Arreaux is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 425
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveInOroValley View Post
Lol.... Good one!
__________________
Mark
________________________________________


In an unarmed society, the armed criminal is king.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-24-2023, 8:26 AM
Fastattack's Avatar
Fastattack Fastattack is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: North Central Arizona (formerly So Cal)
Posts: 1,465
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

The problem is, as despicable as he is, how many young idealist is this douche influencing? Yes, he should be standing up for our rights, not trashing them.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-24-2023, 8:44 AM
CessnaDriver's Avatar
CessnaDriver CessnaDriver is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 9,413
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Electing democrats is the national suicide pact. Look at California”s descent.
__________________
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/signaturepics/sigpic28512_1.gif

"Yeah, like... well, I just want to slap a hippie or two. Maybe even make them get jobs."

Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-24-2023, 9:04 AM
Jimi Jah's Avatar
Jimi Jah Jimi Jah is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North San Diego County
Posts: 16,152
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

So what new gun control laws does Newsolini propose that haven't been passed here yet?

We need criminal control because the old chi guy broke about every one of them.

Someone should point out to him that criminals don't obey his stupid laws.

We need criminal control. Not mass releases of felons from prison.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-24-2023, 9:43 AM
broadside's Avatar
broadside broadside is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,272
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

A MAC-10 with a homebuilt suppressor is already illegal, as are the assaults and murders he committed with them. What are these people thinking will happen if they had a total ban?
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-24-2023, 10:28 AM
Reno-Kid Reno-Kid is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Reno NV
Posts: 248
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I would drop his *** in the middle LA gang bangers, from Crips/Bloods to all the Latin gangs.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-24-2023, 12:30 PM
Capybara's Avatar
Capybara Capybara is offline
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ventura County
Posts: 12,971
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subotai View Post
Shut up, Beavis.
Nice ^^^^ I laughed out loud. Gold stars on your homework today son.
__________________
NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor, Shotgun Instructor and Range Safety Officer

Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-24-2023, 12:34 PM
Capybara's Avatar
Capybara Capybara is offline
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ventura County
Posts: 12,971
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor McRifle View Post
Exactly. And the worst part is that we as taxpayers pay for his armed security.

But Newsom has it backwards. The law-abiding people who died in those shootings couldn稚 defend themselves because of Newsom痴 gun control laws. The shooters didn稚 obey those laws. Anyone who supports gun control measures that take guns out of the hands of law-abiding people are entering into the kind of suicide pact that Newsom is talking about, because they池e agreeing to disarm themselves and the good people around them against the predatory acts of criminals who will never obey those laws.
Don't try to apply logic to anything Gav Boy or any California politician does. They're not stupid. They're evil, but not stupid. Every press conference, Tweet, press release that these Demons put out is carefully calculated to inundate their followers with more of their hogwash.

They're the worst of the worst, blatant psychopathic Commies, hell bent on disarming first California, then the country, then turning it into China as far as how society is ran.
__________________
NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor, Shotgun Instructor and Range Safety Officer

Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-24-2023, 2:04 PM
mshill mshill is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Beyond the reach...
Posts: 4,047
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

I cannot wait until Miller and Duncan succeed and overturn the AW and Magazine ban. Newscum is going to cry like a little beotch.
__________________
Quote:
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.

Last edited by mshill; 01-24-2023 at 2:07 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-24-2023, 2:18 PM
dozer wright's Avatar
dozer wright dozer wright is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,716
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshill View Post
I cannot wait until Miller and Duncan succeed and overturn the AW and Magazine ban. Newscum is going to cry like a little beotch.
It is interesting to me that There are a number of unconstitutional laws on the Chopping block with Judge Beintz and here we go couple mass shootings in California in a couple days.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-24-2023, 3:27 PM
Rickybillegas Rickybillegas is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Posts: 51
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

They (Newsome and his anti-gun supporters) want us to be like Mexico where all ownership and carry of open or concealed weapons is prohibited and only the police, military and criminals have concealable firearms. And the murder rate is significantly higher than the US.

I am not being facetious in the least. It is not the murder rate that bothers them as much as the idea of civilians being armed. That is what they object to more than anything else. That criminals may have guns bothers them less than law abiding citizens having them.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-24-2023, 5:26 PM
chris's Avatar
chris chris is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: OC
Posts: 19,179
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
Electing democrats is the national suicide pact. Look at California敗 descent.
We haven't hit bottom yet. When that does happen it will go further.
__________________
http://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-24-2023, 5:28 PM
chris's Avatar
chris chris is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: OC
Posts: 19,179
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozer wright View Post
It is interesting to me that There are a number of unconstitutional laws on the Chopping block with Judge Beintz and here we go couple mass shootings in California in a couple days.
Seems like they are planned. It's like clockwork. 2A cases proceeding to possibly repeal laws and bam mass shootings back to back in California.

It's also expected before the families grieve of the loss politicians like these douchbags are at it per their manual.
__________________
http://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-24-2023, 5:55 PM
Aeneas's Avatar
Aeneas Aeneas is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: The Office of Morale Conditioning
Posts: 1,124
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

At least he's somewhat admitting his intent. That's much better than the typical crap about "I support the Second Amendment" while in the same sentence saying that deer don't wear kevlar, or whatever doublespeak the Dems are using at the time.

I'm glad to see the delineation between the people who believe that they are elites and the rest of us. More people will wake up when they see what these planners have in store for us.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-24-2023, 5:57 PM
Aeneas's Avatar
Aeneas Aeneas is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: The Office of Morale Conditioning
Posts: 1,124
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

At least he's somewhat admitting his intent. That's much better than the typical crap about "I support the Second Amendment" while in the same sentence saying that deer don't wear kevlar, or whatever doublespeak the Dems are using at the time.

I'm glad to see the delineation between the people who believe that they are elites and the rest of us. More people will wake up when they see what these planners have in store for us.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 01-24-2023, 6:21 PM
Oneaudiopro Oneaudiopro is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Cotati
Posts: 908
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

It was amusing to see Newscum mention Judges Benitez and Nelson in his comments in Half Moon Bay today. You can tell the gloves are off in California moving forward as far as gun control goes. Just wait and see.
__________________
"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty"
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 01-24-2023, 6:37 PM
jeffyhog jeffyhog is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Southern Oregon
Posts: 2,670
iTrader: 78 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman586 View Post
Gavin is a wonderful guy and doing a great job as governor. Just ask him !!
He must be doing a great job- the voters re-elected him!
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 01-24-2023, 7:07 PM
brownfeathermedic's Avatar
brownfeathermedic brownfeathermedic is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Diego,Ca.
Posts: 481
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

Just go Away Nuesombitch
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 01-24-2023, 8:03 PM
The Gleam's Avatar
The Gleam The Gleam is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 9,615
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadside View Post
A MAC-10 with a homebuilt suppressor is already illegal, as are the assaults and murders he committed with them. What are these people thinking will happen if they had a total ban?
We know this guy would have simply gotten his hands on some firearms illegally, regardless of any laws, maybe even from politicians like Leland Yee or Eric Holder.

However, let's hypothesize that the laws were so effective he could not have: it's clear this guy was intent on killing and injuring people out of some social-misfit concocted revenge, so just what might he have done for lack of a firearm?

Possibly something worse, judging by the set-up and layout of these clubs. He could have simply chained all the doors externally and used 5-gallons of gas to set the place ablaze, watching everyone burn to death - everyone.

Consider that nearly 20 years ago, a mere accident with a gerb, on-stage in full view by the audience - caught on tape - and observed long enough to prevent a catastrophe, after setting flamable foam on fire (incorrectly used as accoustic foam) with doors chained shut to prevent unadmitted entrance, with only the front doors and backstage doors of the club open - led to 100 people dying and 230 people injured in The Station nightclub fire February 20, 2003, in Rhode Island - this guy had plenty of time to emulate that and sit back while roasting a whole bag of marsmallows, before police or firefighters ever got there.

A depraved, sick mind is not going to let the lack of a gun hold him back. He might even cook up something worse.

---
__________________
-----------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarian View Post
What compelling interest has any level of government in knowing what guns are owned by civilians? (Those owned by government should be inventoried and tracked, for exactly the same reasons computers and desks and chairs are tracked: responsible care of public property.)

If some level of government had that information, what would they do with it? How would having that info benefit public safety? How would it benefit law enforcement?

Last edited by The Gleam; 01-24-2023 at 8:08 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01-25-2023, 9:29 AM
Capybara's Avatar
Capybara Capybara is offline
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ventura County
Posts: 12,971
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gleam View Post
We know this guy would have simply gotten his hands on some firearms illegally, regardless of any laws, maybe even from politicians like Leland Yee or Eric Holder.

However, let's hypothesize that the laws were so effective he could not have: it's clear this guy was intent on killing and injuring people out of some social-misfit concocted revenge, so just what might he have done for lack of a firearm?

Possibly something worse, judging by the set-up and layout of these clubs. He could have simply chained all the doors externally and used 5-gallons of gas to set the place ablaze, watching everyone burn to death - everyone.

Consider that nearly 20 years ago, a mere accident with a gerb, on-stage in full view by the audience - caught on tape - and observed long enough to prevent a catastrophe, after setting flamable foam on fire (incorrectly used as accoustic foam) with doors chained shut to prevent unadmitted entrance, with only the front doors and backstage doors of the club open - led to 100 people dying and 230 people injured in The Station nightclub fire February 20, 2003, in Rhode Island - this guy had plenty of time to emulate that and sit back while roasting a whole bag of marsmallows, before police or firefighters ever got there.

A depraved, sick mind is not going to let the lack of a gun hold him back. He might even cook up something worse.

---
Completely agree but more germane to our plight as civilian gun owners is that politicians are wholesale and successfully trampling on our civil rights. I believe that large part of why politicians want to disarm the populace because they are afraid someone will overcome their large and well funded security perimeter and will shoot them.

Unlike the public, most politicians have a pretty honed sense of history and know what has happened to unpopular and even popular politicians in the past. I don't believe any politicians actually care about the "safety" of the electorate more than their own self-preservation. All of the politicians that I have worked with first hand are world class Narcissists, it's kind of a requirement to succeed in politics. A Narcissist is incapable of true empathy. The electorate is a tool to be used to reinforce their ego and assert control and dominion over.

They paint civilian firearms ownership as a problem and their heroic legislation and disregarding the Constitution is the solution to the problem. A majority of the electorate obviously buys into this or we wouldn't have the gun laws that we do in this state. It's all about optics and framing their goals and they're obviously very good at it. We, as law abiding gun owners, have had our heads buried in the sand mostly for decades and our activism has not been effective. From a strategic execution standpoint, they are much better at taking our rights than we are at preserving or expanding them.
__________________
NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor, Shotgun Instructor and Range Safety Officer

Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 01-25-2023, 12:37 PM
Jeepergeo's Avatar
Jeepergeo Jeepergeo is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Arcata
Posts: 3,325
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Newsom's remarks about the guy who disarmed the MP shooter were about as literate as remarks made by Joe Biden.
__________________
Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, California Rifle and Pistol Association
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 01-25-2023, 1:23 PM
gforce357 gforce357 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 200
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capybara View Post
Completely agree but more germane to our plight as civilian gun owners is that politicians are wholesale and successfully trampling on our civil rights. I believe that large part of why politicians want to disarm the populace because they are afraid someone will overcome their large and well funded security perimeter and will shoot them.

Unlike the public, most politicians have a pretty honed sense of history and know what has happened to unpopular and even popular politicians in the past. I don't believe any politicians actually care about the "safety" of the electorate more than their own self-preservation. All of the politicians that I have worked with first hand are world class Narcissists, it's kind of a requirement to succeed in politics. A Narcissist is incapable of true empathy. The electorate is a tool to be used to reinforce their ego and assert control and dominion over.

They paint civilian firearms ownership as a problem and their heroic legislation and disregarding the Constitution is the solution to the problem. A majority of the electorate obviously buys into this or we wouldn't have the gun laws that we do in this state. It's all about optics and framing their goals and they're obviously very good at it. We, as law abiding gun owners, have had our heads buried in the sand mostly for decades and our activism has not been effective. From a strategic execution standpoint, they are much better at taking our rights than we are at preserving or expanding them.

Very well said.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 01-25-2023, 3:10 PM
Dvrjon's Avatar
Dvrjon Dvrjon is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 10,088
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default



It's a nice warm day for a stroll along the avenue...the Governor doesn't need a coat.

But behind him, they are wearing sunglasses, coats and insulated vests. You have to hide the weapons under something. (And there are at least 3 more behind the cameraman paving the way...all armed to the teeth.
__________________
"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently-talented fool."
"The things that come to those who wait may well be the things left by those who got there first."
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 01-25-2023, 9:20 PM
TrappedinCalifornia's Avatar
TrappedinCalifornia TrappedinCalifornia is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: What Used to be a Great State
Posts: 4,277
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

He must be 'running' again... California Gov. Newsom lashes out at 'trash organization' NRA after Second Amendment 'hypocrisy' accusation...

Quote:
California Gov. Gavin Newsom said he looks forward to the day when the National Rifle Association (NRA) "is obsolete" after the gun-rights group called him a hypocrite for his remarks on the Second Amendment while flanked by armed guards.

The NRA criticized Newsom after he told "CBS Evening News" that the Second Amendment was becoming a "suicide pact" while walking in Monterey Park, California, the scene where 11 people were killed and several others were wounded in a mass shooting over the weekend...

In a Wednesday tweet, Newsom responded, saying: "People were just gunned down at a dance club and their workplace -- and THIS is your response," he said, referring to the Monterey Park shooting and another in Half Moon Bay on Monday where seven people were killed at their workplace. "I look forward to the day your trash organization is obsolete."

The NRA responded via Twitter, saying it was pointing out a double standard.

"Respectfully, trash politicians usually squeal when their double standards are called out," the group posted online. "You surround yourself with armed security while denying good Californians their fundamental right to defend themselves and their families."...
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 01-26-2023, 9:47 AM
Woodworker2's Avatar
Woodworker2 Woodworker2 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Lost in the Sierra Foothills
Posts: 428
iTrader: 74 / 100%
Default

Noos-em reminds me of a flatulent child, who points to the dog, to explain the smell in the room.
__________________
Same boy, better toys
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 1:26 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2021, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.



Seams2SewBySusy