Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 01-21-2023, 1:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cire raeb View Post
How did you submit to your training information to Sherriff's office to sign up for certification...snail mail or email?
Same, scanned and emailed. They responded that it was received, and no update on approval.
Old 01-22-2023, 12:14 PM

Anyone who qualified 1/13, 14 or earlier that is still waiting for a call to pick up his permit?
Old 01-22-2023, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator15 View Post
Anyone who qualified 1/13, 14 or earlier that is still waiting for a call to pick up his permit?
Same. I shot at the 8am session on Jan 13 and have heard nothing back. I had the CZ P01 and M&P Shield
Old 01-22-2023, 12:31 PM

This should be the easy part
Old 01-22-2023, 12:34 PM

Just curious does anyone know if it’s allowed to put an “off roster” handgun that was purchased through ppt on our ccw?
Old 01-22-2023, 1:53 PM

SwooshLyf3 asked: "Just curious does anyone know if it’s allowed to put an “off roster” handgun that was purchased through ppt on our ccw?"

Putting an off roster pistol on your permit won't be an issue(provided it meets the Sheriff's other requirements). The real question is: Are you allowed to put a SSE1 pistol on your permit?

Last edited by Prospector1; 01-22-2023 at 2:36 PM..
Old 01-22-2023, 3:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwooshLyf3 View Post
Just curious does anyone know if it’s allowed to put an “off roster” handgun that was purchased through ppt on our ccw?
I got an approval email a couple of days ago. I have to go through training and qualification. Both of the handguns I listed on the application are off-roster purchased via PPT.
Old 01-22-2023, 6:36 PM

Im looking to purchase a Springfield Hellcat and just wanted to know if it was allowed to put off roster handguns on your ccw so thanks for the info.
Old 01-23-2023, 7:58 PM

Quote:
I shot with you Gator and I’m still waiting too.
Old 01-24-2023, 11:23 AM

I just received the call and have a qualification date scheduled for February 10.
Old 01-24-2023, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WithinReason View Post
I just received the call and have a qualification date scheduled for February 10.
Same, scheduled 18 Feb.

Timeline is as follows:

Applied: 23-June-22
Live Scan: 25-July-22
Live Scan Results Received: 8-August-22
App sent to Sheriff: 10-Dec-22
Approval Call: 24-Jan-23
Old 01-24-2023, 12:41 PM

Got the call today.... just to ask for my email .... no update on approval
Old 01-24-2023, 2:24 PM

Looks like that brick wall that applicants ran into for LiveScan results clearing around 8/11/22 has finally been broken, as I see several people finally received approval calls or emails.

Unfortunately, I still have yet to receive the call or email or letter, even though I too cleared LiveScan on 8/11/22. I emailed them again to check status but no reply yet.
Old 01-24-2023, 6:08 PM

Damn it. I didn’t clear livescan until September 10. Looks like I’ll be ready to qualify sometime in March lol.
Old 01-24-2023, 7:32 PM

Default This might happen

Hello all. It’s my first time posting here. I’m not new to guns or CCW but am new to it here in crazy CA. I’ll remain skeptical about getting a CCW here until it’s in my hands. I also think it’s stupid that if move outside the jurisdiction of whoever issued you have to start all over in the new county, stupid. Also thanks to all those who have posted about the process over the last 6 months or so. Super helpful, you will be blessed.

Anyway here’s my dates -
July 22 Application
July 28 Live scans submitted, don’t know when they cleared
Week of Dec 7th - interview call and scheduled
Dec 14th Interview on last day the required them I believe
Jan 11 Approved
Jan 24 CCW training, submitted proof of training

Did my training with Dan and Barry at Paladin in Concord. Highly recommend. They have mega experience in firearms training and also understanding the law side which you most likely won’t get elsewhere.

I’ve taken required CCW training in both Utah and NV, both of which were kind of a joke. I’ve also had classes from a variety of vendors and government agencies over the years. This is by far the best you’ll get in 8 hrs and actually useful and relevant.

Hoping that call for the sheriff qual comes soon.

T

Last edited by Wpapa9; 01-24-2023 at 7:38 PM..
Old 01-25-2023, 4:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richmonder View Post
Got the call today.... just to ask for my email .... no update on approval
Did they give an estimate on how much longer til a decision?
Old 01-25-2023, 5:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzai272 View Post
Did they give an estimate on how much longer til a decision?
No.
Caller couldn't provide an estimate as my app hadn't made it to Livingston's desk and once there, there's no telling how long it takes to get a decision.
I was told that my background had no red flags, so it seems that it has at least made it past that hurdle.
Old 01-26-2023, 5:47 AM

Defensive Accuracy is offering eight-hour CCW classes for $154 to members of the Richmond Rod and Gun Club. Anyone have any intel on this organization?
Old 01-26-2023, 8:48 AM

Hello, I have some questions about applying for a CCW permit while being medically treated for ADHD? Specifically, if I'm being treated with a medication, where should I disclose that on the form? My two guesses were either the section asking about anything that could potentially deny you or the section regarding controlled substance use. However, I don't think the controlled substance one is applicable because I'm not addicted or under the influence of the medication, it is not an illegal substance, and I have not been involuntarily committed. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 01-26-2023, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuesisgreat View Post
Hello, I have some questions about applying for a CCW permit while being medically treated for ADHD? Specifically, if I'm being treated with a medication, where should I disclose that on the form? My two guesses were either the section asking about anything that could potentially deny you or the section regarding controlled substance use. However, I don't think the controlled substance one is applicable because I'm not addicted or under the influence of the medication, it is not an illegal substance, and I have not been involuntarily committed. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Based on what I see in the application, imho:

No need to report the medication unless it is a controlled substance, and you are or have been addicted.

As for ADHD, no need to report it unless it is considered a "mental illness".

Last edited by Richmonder; 01-26-2023 at 10:25 AM..
Old 01-26-2023, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richmonder View Post
Based on what I see in the application, imho:

No need to report the medication unless it is a controlled substance, and you are or have been addicted.

As for ADHD, no need to report it unless it is considered a "mental illness".
Thank you! However I should have been more specific: I take Adderall for my ADHD which is a controlled substance.

Sorry about that.
Old 01-26-2023, 1:15 PM

Quote:
Thank you! However I should have been more specific: I take Adderall for my ADHD which is a controlled substance.

Sorry about that.
Unless you are addicted to it or have been in the past, no need to disclose it.
Old 01-26-2023, 3:02 PM

Anyone qualify with a stippled gun just curious because that wasn’t listed in the modifications that were unacceptable.
Old 01-26-2023, 5:12 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llau004 View Post
Anyone qualify with a stippled gun just curious because that wasn’t listed in the modifications that were unacceptable.
The weapons section of their CCW page states:
"Firearms which have been modified, including modifications to triggers, slides, safety mechanisms, and magazine releases are not approved."

Doesn't sound like their list is saying ONLY those modifications are unacceptable, they're giving examples of what a modification is. IMO, frame stippling would fall under a modified firearm.
Old 01-26-2023, 6:55 PM

Quote:
Based upon the HIPPA laws, you have no obligation to disclose and the Sherrif is not allowed to ask about it. If you disclose it, he will probably deny you because he is looking for any reason to not grant a CCW. Do not disclose as long as you are confident that you are capable of carrying, without incident.
Old 01-26-2023, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Atoday View Post
Based upon the HIPPA laws, you have no obligation to disclose and the Sherrif is not allowed to ask about it. If you disclose it, he will probably deny you because he is looking for any reason to not grant a CCW. Do not disclose as long as you are confident that you are capable of carrying, without incident.
HIPAA does not apply in this case. Patients have full reign on what medical information they would or would not like to share and with whomever they want.

However, something for OP to be aware of, is on Page 5, Section 4 of the CCW application (BOF 4012) it does stipulate that:
"While exercising the privileges granted to the licensee under the terms of this license, the licensee shall not, when carrying a concealed weapon: Be under the influence of any medication or drug, whether prescribed or not."

Not advising one way or another. Just putting it out there for consideration.
Old 01-27-2023, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evdrip View Post
However, something for OP to be aware of, is on Page 5, Section 4 of the CCW application (BOF 4012) it does stipulate that:
"While exercising the privileges granted to the licensee under the terms of this license, the licensee shall not, when carrying a concealed weapon: Be under the influence of any medication or drug, whether prescribed or not."
Thanks for the replies! I read that and under the influence does not apply because I am not impaired to any degree because of the medication. If I was, I wouldn't be able to drive and such. I think it's more so if you're taking a prescribed narcotic that impairs your mental status.

I don't think any doctor would write a note stating that I'm mentally fit for fear of being liable if something were to happen. I do think it would be a good idea, but ultimately I wouldn't be able to get such a note.

I'm still at a loss as to what to do as PC 26180 makes it a felony to knowingly omit information on the form.
Old 01-27-2023, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the replies! I read that and under the influence does not apply because I am not impaired to any degree because of the medication. If I was, I wouldn't be able to drive and such. I think it's more so if you're taking a prescribed narcotic that impairs your mental status.

I don't think any doctor would write a note stating that I'm mentally fit for fear of being liable if something were to happen. I do think it would be a good idea, but ultimately I wouldn't be able to get such a note.

I'm still at a loss as to what to do as PC 26180 makes it a felony to knowingly omit information on the form.
You wouldn't be omitting information as disclosing your use of a controlled substance (Aderal) is not required unless you are or have been addicted.
Old 01-27-2023, 4:14 PM

Jeopardy! music still playing 2 weeks after qualifying at Sheriff's range. Sent my weekly (polite) email inquiring about the time frame for picking up my permit. Response was a curt "I don’t have a time frame."

It's almost like we aren't talking about the Bill of Rights and I am a bother, like someone asking if my dry cleaning is ready to be picked up yet.

Coming on 8 months since I applied. What other Constitutional right do you have to have a permit, pay $500, renew every two years, and wait 8+ months to exercise?
Old 01-27-2023, 7:11 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Jeopardy! music still playing 2 weeks after qualifying at Sheriff's range. Sent my weekly (polite) email inquiring about the time frame for picking up my permit. Response was a curt "I don’t have a time frame."

It's almost like we aren't talking about the Bill of Rights and I am a bother, like someone asking if my dry cleaning is ready to be picked up yet.

Coming on 8 months since I applied. What other Constitutional right do you have to have a permit, pay $500, renew every two years, and wait 8+ months to exercise?
Just wait until you find out the 2-year renewal starts when you paid the fee- not when you get your permit. I don't know that to be true, but at this point not much would surprise me.
Old 01-28-2023, 8:59 AM

Quote:

Yea this is looking more and more like giving the appearance that they are moving things along with other steps but still not letting anyone finish it. Gator and I qualified together and it’s been 2 weeks. I think Ron J got his pretty fast after qual but now the back up will be at the issuance point. Where is our reporter because this is some big BS. “I don’t have a time frame” means “I’ve been instructed to hold off”
Old 01-28-2023, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rclarkgo View Post
Yea this is looking more and more like giving the appearance that they are moving things along with other steps but still not letting anyone finish it. Gator and I qualified together and it’s been 2 weeks. I think Ron J got his pretty fast after qual but now the back up will be at the issuance point. Where is our reporter because this is some big BS. “I don’t have a time frame” means “I’ve been instructed to hold off”
And there can't be a backlog of people who have qualified. Since Ron J got his permit, maybe what, 15-20 people qualified, including Rclarkgo and my group. They didn't do quals Christmas or New Year's weekend and they got washed out the June 6/7 weekend, and we qual'd the 1/13-14 weekend.

Does someone have the contact info for the reporter? We are in a shell game now.
Old 01-28-2023, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rclarkgo View Post
Was also in your group, also no call/email. I suppose if/when we get the permit, we should start our renewal paperwork quickly, as it may be a 2 year process for people filing anything today.
Old 01-28-2023, 11:46 AM

Quote:
And there can't be a backlog of people who have qualified. Since Ron J got his permit, maybe what, 15-20 people qualified, including Rclarkgo and my group. They didn't do quals Christmas or New Year's weekend and they got washed out the June 6/7 weekend, and we qual'd the 1/13-14 weekend.

Does someone have the contact info for the reporter? We are in a shell game now.
The country is just prolonging the process, until Newsom and his acolytes could resurrect a tone down version of last year's failed SB 918 to restrict our freedom.
Old 01-28-2023, 12:35 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

That Tip Jar on the sign-in table isn't there for looks...
Old 01-29-2023, 10:09 AM

Pretty sure they just got Ron and lambo done to shut us all up.

Norcal that is a joke right, is there really a tip jar???
Old 01-30-2023, 7:15 AM

Quote:
rmercader@bayareanewsgroup.com
Old 01-30-2023, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzai272 View Post
Thanks found it and emailed her already. Not as much sex appeal to our current complaints. My guess is she wouldn't touch this until we were forced to wait several months.
Old 01-30-2023, 2:15 PM

Have you heard about or seen the Sheriff's letter dated January 18th 2023 noting that through a Freedom of information Act request by "Bay Area News Group". he will be providing all the names and cities of residence for all active CCW holders in Contra Costa County as of 12/22/22? But not Judicial officers, court Commissioners, Magistrates, District Attorneys, U.S. Attorneys , Public Defenders and Peace Officers.
The Sheriff does note: The office of the Sheriff understands you may have well founded concerns about your privacy and intends to protect this privacy in balance with its obligations to comply with the law.
So, is this the same reporter that was earlier noted asking for this info?
Contact Lieutenant Ron Hoekwater (925 655 0060) if you have questions
Old 01-30-2023, 2:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade1055 View Post
Have you heard about or seen the Sheriff's letter dated January 18th 2023 noting that through a Freedom of information Act request by "Bay Area News Group". he will be providing all the names and cities of residence for all active CCW holders in Contra Costa County as of 12/22/22? But not Judicial officers, court Commissioners, Magistrates, District Attorneys, U.S. Attorneys , Public Defenders and Peace Officers.
The Sheriff does note: The office of the Sheriff understands you may have well founded concerns about your privacy and intends to protect this privacy in balance with its obligations to comply with the law.
So, is this the same reporter that was earlier noted asking for this info?
Contact Lieutenant Ron Hoekwater (925 655 0060) if you have questions
What?? Sounds more like a Violation of Privacy Act instead of a Freedom of Information Act.

Nothing like telling the criminals exactly who has some weapons either on them or in their homes. Or outing people at jobs, churches, socials circles, online profiles, etc. as being a "gun toting psychopath out to mass murder people".