Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism > CA Election Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CA Election Forum Discussion, Planning and Activism for California local elections

Old 10-09-2018, 1:42 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Default Some insight into more tactics being used by the left this November

Saw this being shared on my Facebook feed. Haven't been able to watch a single show without commercials reminding me to vote. It's meant to show where GOP candidates' seats are most vulnerableto being flipped, but it can conversely be used to show where they could use the most support. Spread the word.

https://swingleft.org

Quote:
Control of the House in 2018 will be decided by a small number of Swing Districts, places where the last election was decided by a thin margin. Join your closest Swing District team to hear about things you can do to support Democrats—and defeat Republicans—in that district, no matter where you live. We can stop Trump and the GOP agenda by working together NOW.

-Immortal Technique

Old 10-09-2018, 10:50 AM

You need to take a little and leave a little when it comes to DM's predictions, but I thought this was particularly canny.

So much of what the left has been up to since 11/2016 conforms to the pattern that DM articulates in that video, and if anything they seem to be right on schedule. I will vote on 11/06/2018 as I vote in every election, and I am hopeful that the Justice K nastiness will gin up the base for the GOP sufficiently to permit retention of the congressional majorities.

Last edited by socal m1 shooter; 10-09-2018 at 1:13 PM..
Old 10-09-2018, 9:57 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by socal m1 shooter View Post
You need to take a little and leave a little when it comes to DM's predictions, but I thought this was particularly canny.

So much of what the left has been up to since 11/2016 conforms to the pattern that DM articulates in that video, and if anything they seem to be right on schedule. I will vote on 11/06/2018 as I vote in every election, and I am hopeful that the Justice K nastiness will gin up the base for the GOP sufficiently to permit retention of the congressional majorities.
Well I certainly see the arguments for the case that the craze on the left sparked by Trump's election will cause in-fighting and nomination of unelectable candidates. Seems to actually be similar to the craziness and GOP in-fighting caused by the Tea Party movement in 2009 (in fact, how is Michelle Bachmann not a right-wing Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, crazy eyes and all?) in response to Obama's election; in 2010, the Democrats took even more seats in Congress.

Nevertheless, the thing is, I haven't personally seen this level of awareness campaigns to get out and vote in the media as far back as I can remember. Levis had a commercial just telling people to get out and vote. If I watch an episode of anything from HBO, it starts out with a quick voting infomercial. It's pretty much on every media source that one would expect to have more young/left-leaning viewers. I've seen a lot of people on this forum and ones like it saying they don't watch Netflix, or HBO, or stuff like that anymore because they don't like the left political bias in the programs (or at least supported by management). That's fine, but aside from that preference, I'm just getting the impression that there's a good amount of people who are stuck in their own bubbles, and many conservative bubbles seem to echo a consensus along the lines of "the Democrats are nominating crazy people, no need to get out and vote." I'm personally living in a left bubble and I can't tell you how many friends I have that had never voted (or even really had political opinions) until the Trump show started.

Yeah, we may not have much sway here in California, but spread the word and let any friends and family members you know that they should really make sure to turn out this time around.

-Immortal Technique