Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 04-09-2019, 3:04 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240z View Post
All,

Just received and responded to an email from Deputy Pinder about my initial and renewal CCW classes.

Questions were about various aspects of the class, things I liked, things I thought should be changed, etc...

Some were very specific about the class meeting the required times, did I qual with all firearms that are listed on my CCW, etc....

I responded and wanted to encourage everyone to respond if they get a similar email as we want the program to continue, but also we need to support the trainers so that they stay in business and keep providing the services we need.

I trained/qualified/renewed with Blueridge, and could honestly say that my experiences were very positive and that the classes met the standards required by the Sheriff.
Yep, I got one also and have already replied and returned email.
Old 04-10-2019, 2:15 PM

Update:
Applied on 12/3/18
Interview on 12/20/18
Live Scan on 12/20/18
Proceed to train: 1/31/19
Submitted Training: 2/2/19
Received Permit: 4/10/19
Old 04-10-2019, 2:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240z View Post
Unfortunately, I may be moving out of Solano county this year over to Sonoma County and the timing of my renewal is such that I need to renew by the middle of June, which means that I would have to give up my CCW a few months later.

As much as I do not want to not renew in Solano, it seems like a waste of time and money to renew for just a few months.

I am pondering whether to attempt applying in Sonoma County once I move there (which is where I am from originally and where I work now).

I know that the new Sheriff has loosened up a bit and I do have a solid good cause (I often, but irregularly, have to carry large sums of cash).

I will keep peeking in here no matter what as Solano has been a bit of light in the darkness of California when it comes to CCW, which I hope continues after I leave.
From what ive researched, Sonoma is going green with being more CCW friendly. I'd save the money on the Solano Permit and go right to apply in Sonoma. Might go quicker since you already had one, even though its considered a "initial" permit for that county.

good luck.
Old 04-10-2019, 3:03 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalniro View Post
Update:
Applied on 12/3/18
Interview on 12/20/18
Live Scan on 12/20/18
Congrats
Old 04-10-2019, 4:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97F1504RAD View Post
Congrats
Thx. Process too much longer than expected. Even with having a permit in other states for over 15years. Renewals look as if they go quicker that initial permits.
Old 04-10-2019, 7:08 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Thx. Process too much longer than expected. Even with having a permit in other states for over 15years. Renewals look as if they go quicker that initial permits.
You got yours very fast, my first one took about 9 months from start to pickup of permit. They have streamlined the process. Renewal only took one week.
Old 04-10-2019, 9:50 PM

What are ya'll seeing on modifications? I qual'd in mid March to add a weapon to my carry list. Uploaded same day. Haven't heard anything since.
Old 04-12-2019, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Update:
Applied on 12/3/18
Interview on 12/20/18
Live Scan on 12/20/18
Awesome man! I just got my proceed to training here in SolanoCounty after that 5months background check, & was wondering what did you say your “good cause” for carrying was?
Old 04-13-2019, 8:45 AM

Applied on 12/15/18
Interview on 1/04/19
Live Scan on 1/04/19
Proceed to train: 04/11/19
Submitted Training: TBD
Received Permit: TBD

Anybody use NFI for training ? Next one is 05-05. Edit * Too late , class full. Blue Ridge it is.

Last edited by JoyfulJoker; 04-13-2019 at 9:02 AM..
Old 04-15-2019, 4:50 AM

Applied on 11/29/18
Interview on 12/04/19
Live Scan on 12/04/19

Scheduled Training For: 04/26/19

Old 04-15-2019, 10:26 AM

Applied on 02/15/19
Interview on 03/05/19
Live Scan on 03/05/19
Submitted Training: 04/15/19
Old 04-16-2019, 8:12 AM

Getting a little nervous. My permit expires 5/2 and i turned in my renewal 3/24 and it has sat at "assigning to processor shortly...". I am not confident this will be resolved before mine expires. Is this typical right now? Were within 16 days remaining, 12 business days.
Old 04-16-2019, 9:02 AM
C3 Leader
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Here's my suggestion: telephone Deputy Joe Pinder with your inquiry. He's the CCW Investigator and his telephone number is (707) 784-7498. Explain to him what is going on and ask him to advise you.

Thx

If you live in Solano County, please join us at:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/group.php?groupid=12

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, CRPA Board Member
Old 04-18-2019, 5:47 AM

Attempted to call. No response so far. Down to 9 business days left. I am not confident in this being resolved before then.
Old 04-18-2019, 7:13 AM
C3 Leader
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDSC View Post
Attempted to call. No response so far. Down to 9 business days left. I am not confident in this being resolved before then.
JSPinder@SolanoCounty.com

Sorry to read that. This is the email I used to communicate with him a few days ago. He responded in a timely manner; you may also try this. Best of luck!!

If you live in Solano County, please join us at:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/group.php?groupid=12

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, CRPA Board Member
Old 04-18-2019, 8:26 AM
Veteran Member

Default Solano - UPDATE (2014 April 12)

Quote:
Getting a little nervous. My permit expires 5/2 and i turned in my renewal 3/24 and it has sat at "assigning to processor shortly...". I am not confident this will be resolved before mine expires. Is this typical right now? Were within 16 days remaining, 12 business days.

Different county, but I’m assuming it’s the same software (Permitium), based on the “assigning to processor shortly” message (if I’m wrong, please correct me). I’m in Sacramento County, which also uses Permitium. I just renewed last week. During the wait between application and renewal, every time I checked my status, it was still stuck on that same message. It never did advance to the next one (“processing,” or whatever). I checked it shortly after 0800 one morning and again several minutes later and it still said “assigning to processor shortly.” I clicked the “refresh status” button a couple of times. Same thing. Did it again: Ready to pick up license.

The point is (if Solano does use Permitium), that status indicator doesn’t necessarily give you up to date info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-18-2019, 9:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steyrlp10 View Post
JSPinder@SolanoCounty.com

Sorry to read that. This is the email I used to communicate with him a few days ago. He responded in a timely manner; you may also try this. Best of luck!!
Thank you, i just sent off an email.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Bald_Guy View Post
Different county, but I’m assuming it’s the same software (Permitium), based on the “assigning to processor shortly” message (if I’m wrong, please correct me). I’m in Sacramento County, which also uses Permitium. I just renewed last week. During the wait between application and renewal, every time I checked my status, it was still stuck on that same message. It never did advance to the next one (“processing,” or whatever). I checked it shortly after 0800 one morning and again several minutes later and it still said “assigning to processor shortly.” I clicked the “refresh status” button a couple of times. Same thing. Did it again: Ready to pick up license.

The point is (if Solano does use Permitium), that status indicator doesn’t necessarily give you up to date info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same system, i originally was the in person/paper forms until this years renewal which transfers to the online system. I am sure they are overwhelmed with the same and imputing the older style people into the new online forms. I just am personally getting a little worried as the days are going fast and I personally leave town for a week the day after my expiration date and would like to be able to continue to carry while within the state.
Old 04-18-2019, 10:00 AM

Pinder immediately responded.

"Your renewal request has been received and it is being processed in the order it was received."

So i guess i will wait and it will probably expire before renewal.
Old 04-18-2019, 8:28 PM

Deputy Pinder is a good guy and does respond to emails. Hope it works out.
Old 04-19-2019, 9:09 PM

Anyone running a light on their EDC? I was, but I caught a glimpse of the new restrictions in the pamphlet they are issuing and there was something about “no attachments”. Anyone have more info or thoughts on this?
Old 04-20-2019, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Pinder immediately responded.

"Your renewal request has been received and it is being processed in the order it was received."

So i guess i will wait and it will probably expire before renewal.
I submitted mine on December 9th for renewal and was approved on January 2nd and picked it up on the 8th. So around a month is good guess for a time frame.
Old 04-20-2019, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kszaid View Post
What are ya'll seeing on modifications? I qual'd in mid March to add a weapon to my carry list. Uploaded same day. Haven't heard anything since.
I modified to add a Glock 43 and it took about a month
Old 04-22-2019, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllGetOutOneDay View Post
Anyone running a light on their EDC? I was, but I caught a glimpse of the new restrictions in the pamphlet they are issuing and there was something about “no attachments”. Anyone have more info or thoughts on this?
I have a light on 1 of my EDCs. Is that an issue now?
Old 04-23-2019, 7:09 PM

The new pamphlet they issue prohibits "possessing any equipment or attachments to a firearm not specifically approved as part of the license".

To me, this seems like a flashlight could be included. I wish I knew what they had in mind when they wrote it.