Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALGUNS.NET > Announcements and Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Announcements and Suggestions This is a place for suggestions, news and updates about the site.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-19-2020, 1:45 PM
Kestryll's Avatar
Kestryll Kestryll is offline
Head Janitor
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Occupied Reseda, PRK
Posts: 21,318
iTrader: 23 / 100%
Blog Entries: 3
Default 2020 Election Action

Each election I post up an announcement asking you to register if you have not and to get out and vote.

This year is different. Frankly with all that is going on in local politics, State insanity and the National election if you're not registered and voting already nothing I can say will change that.

Another thing different is this year I'm asking you to do something beyond voting. All of us know other gun owners, shooter, competitors, collectors and more who do not vote despite the continuing attacks on our rights. For many it's a hassle even with the new and fraud-prone mail in ballots.

Find those friends, shooting buddies, acquaintances or whatever and offer to help them vote if they are registered to do so. All they need to do is mark their ballot and seal it in the envelope; you can take care of collecting it and turning it in. For as many of your pro 2A gun owning friends.

NO, I am NOT suggesting you fill out their ballots for them or any other forms of fraud or illegal activities. Everything must be above board and legal, however legal has been redefined by the California Democrats.

In 2016 the California Legislature and Gov. Jerry Brown ostensibly “legalized” ballot harvesting, allowing a third party to collect ballots and deliver them to election officials, eliminating the ballot protection law that allowed only a family member to return another voter’s ballot. Assembly Bill 1921 now allows anyone to return an absentee ballot.
For those concerned about the legality this article discusses SoS Padilla and AG Beccera having to concede that the GOP ballot harvesting efforts are indeed legal.
https://californiaglobe.com/section-...yYia5cEDMsYPzQ

The CA Democrats made ballot harvesting legal and they are going to use it, the CA GOP has started using their own law against them, why shouldn't gun owners and 2A supporters? Each election seems to get more and more critical and each election it becomes more important that gun owners engage, vote and that none are left 'behind'.

One more thing that is different this year, and probably the biggest thing, I am encouraging you to vote GOP across the ballot, clean sweep.
I know we have members here who are Democrat, we've always been open to all and that will not change. Republican, Democrat, whatever, as long as the rules are followed everyone is welcome on Calguns. However if you are a Democrat gun owner I have to be blunt, the people you support are DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE LOSS OF OUR 2A AND CIVIL RIGHTS which is why I must advocate voting GOP across the board, all offices from the top down.

I can already hear some saying ‘They’re not much better!’. Yes, I know the GOP has failed at times but the choice of occasional failure vs. outright attacks is not that hard. No, there is no perfect candidate and no I do not find third party candidates viable at this time. You are welcome to your own views on third parties but today, in this election, they are immaterial at best.


Synopsis for the TL;DR crowd:
1) Get out and vote!
2) Help fellow gun owners vote, let’s use the CA Dem’s ballot harvesting laws against them.
3) Vote GOP all down the ballot, they’re not perfect by far but they’re worlds better than CA Dems.
__________________
NRA Benefactor Life Member / CRPA Life Member / SAF Life Member
Calguns.net an incorported entity - President.
The Calguns Shooting Sports Assoc. - Vice President.
The California Rifle & Pistol Assoc. - Director.
DONATE TO NRA-ILA, CGSSA, AND CRPAF NOW!
Opinions posted in this account are my own and unless specifically stated as such are not the approved position of Calguns.net, CGSSA or CRPA.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-19-2020, 1:57 PM
ScottsBad's Avatar
ScottsBad ScottsBad is online now
Progressives Suck!
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5,167
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Very well written. VOTE and vote Republican!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-19-2020, 5:22 PM
Bigtwin's Avatar
Bigtwin Bigtwin is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: N. Cal
Posts: 2,609
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Solid advice. I always have done just that.

I'm sure there will be some that screech reading that though.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-19-2020, 5:31 PM
Sig so sour of ca Sig so sour of ca is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: South Bay so cal
Posts: 330
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Totally agree. I've been hitting up everyone at the range telling them to vote and asking if they are registered. 2 of them weren't and I helped (today was the last day to register).

Absolutely agree to vote GOP across the board.

The judge ones are the rough ones for me because I don't know enough nor am I angry enough to decipher internet articles.

Any suggestions on that?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-19-2020, 7:56 PM
Cowboy T's Avatar
Cowboy T Cowboy T is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 4,318
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Granted about the Democrats. They're downright scary, and this is coming from a Liberal. Yeah, they scare even *me*!

Problem: real-world, there are some CalGuns members who may find the Republicans unpalatable, for various reasons, and thus will not vote for them, period. In such a case, if you are one of those, then I would suggest going third-party. Our Republican-voting friends need to remember that a vote that doesn't go to the current crop of Democrats remains a win. Calling people names or otherwise insulting them will push them straight into the arms of the Democrats, and that's what we *don't* want. Be nice. The main thing is to get them not to vote for these Democrats.
__________________
"San Francisco Liberal With A Gun"
F***ing with people's heads, one gun show at a time. Hallelujah!
http://www.sanfranciscoliberalwithagun.com (reloading info w/ videos)
http://www.liberalsguncorner.com (podcast)
http://www.youtube.com/sfliberal (YouTube channel)
----------------------------------------------------
To be a true Liberal, you must be 100% pro-Second Amendment. Anything less is inconsistent with liberalism.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-19-2020, 10:09 PM
Red-Osier's Avatar
Red-Osier Red-Osier is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: 209
Posts: 10,702
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
Each election I post up an announcement asking you to register if you have not and to get out and vote.

This year is different. Frankly with all that is going on in local politics, State insanity and the National election if you're not registered and voting already nothing I can say will change that.

Another thing different is this year I'm asking you to do something beyond voting. All of us know other gun owners, shooter, competitors, collectors and more who do not vote despite the continuing attacks on our rights. For many it's a hassle even with the new and fraud-prone mail in ballots.

Find those friends, shooting buddies, acquaintances or whatever and offer to help them vote if they are registered to do so. All they need to do is mark their ballot and seal it in the envelope; you can take care of collecting it and turning it in. For as many of your pro 2A gun owning friends.

NO, I am NOT suggesting you fill out their ballots for them or any other forms of fraud or illegal activities. Everything must be above board and legal, however legal has been redefined by the California Democrats.

In 2016 the California Legislature and Gov. Jerry Brown ostensibly “legalized” ballot harvesting, allowing a third party to collect ballots and deliver them to election officials, eliminating the ballot protection law that allowed only a family member to return another voter’s ballot. Assembly Bill 1921 now allows anyone to return an absentee ballot.
For those concerned about the legality this article discusses SoS Padilla and AG Beccera having to concede that the GOP ballot harvesting efforts are indeed legal.
https://californiaglobe.com/section-...yYia5cEDMsYPzQ

The CA Democrats made ballot harvesting legal and they are going to use it, the CA GOP has started using their own law against them, why shouldn't gun owners and 2A supporters? Each election seems to get more and more critical and each election it becomes more important that gun owners engage, vote and that none are left 'behind'.

One more thing that is different this year, and probably the biggest thing, I am encouraging you to vote GOP across the ballot, clean sweep.
I know we have members here who are Democrat, we've always been open to all and that will not change. Republican, Democrat, whatever, as long as the rules are followed everyone is welcome on Calguns. However if you are a Democrat gun owner I have to be blunt, the people you support are DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE LOSS OF OUR 2A AND CIVIL RIGHTS which is why I must advocate voting GOP across the board, all offices from the top down.

I can already hear some saying ‘They’re not much better!’. Yes, I know the GOP has failed at times but the choice of occasional failure vs. outright attacks is not that hard. No, there is no perfect candidate and no I do not find third party candidates viable at this time. You are welcome to your own views on third parties but today, in this election, they are immaterial at best.


Synopsis for the TL;DR crowd:
1) Get out and vote!
2) Help fellow gun owners vote, let’s use the CA Dem’s ballot harvesting laws against them.
3) Vote GOP all down the ballot, they’re not perfect by far but they’re worlds better than CA Dems.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-20-2020, 5:56 AM
oddball oddball is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In A Much Better Place
Posts: 1,572
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default



And voting for Trump is the best chance of changing the 9th Circuit to something more reasonable towards 2A cases in CA. He has already flipped 10 of 29 seats, and undoubtedly can do more.
__________________
_______________


"You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crockett
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-20-2020, 8:47 AM
MJB's Avatar
MJB MJB is online now
CGSSA Associate
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,822
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I would vote gop across the board but I don't have any Republicans in most seats up for grabs.
__________________
One life so don't blow it......Always die with your boots on!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-20-2020, 12:51 PM
The War Wagon's Avatar
The War Wagon The War Wagon is online now
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: da' 'BURGH
Posts: 9,952
iTrader: 28 / 100%
Exclamation

Just NOT a big Latino presence in western PA, but this might carry some weight around CA!
Jorge Masvidal on Trump and Biden


__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-22-2020, 3:35 PM
evorider's Avatar
evorider evorider is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Marina Del Rey
Posts: 285
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

I will vote Democratic across the board after the last four years
__________________
NRA Range Safety Officer
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-22-2020, 4:10 PM
-hanko's Avatar
-hanko -hanko is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Bay Area & SW Idaho
Posts: 12,494
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by evorider View Post
I will vote Democratic across the board after the last four years
Wonderful.

Care to explain why?
__________________
True wealth is time. Time to enjoy life.

Tactical is like boobs...you can sell anything with it....arf

Heaven goes by favor.
If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-22-2020, 4:55 PM
czakita's Avatar
czakita czakita is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 724
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

I concur completely Kestryll! Thank you for all your hard work and dedication.
__________________
Deo confidimus | WTB CZ 75 | CRPA member
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-22-2020, 8:40 PM
oddball oddball is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In A Much Better Place
Posts: 1,572
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evorider View Post
I will vote Democratic across the board after the last four years
And you don't give a sh** about the second amendment or being a productive member of CG, just a marketplace hound while throwing the rest of us under the bus.

Way to go
__________________
_______________


"You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crockett
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-23-2020, 2:15 AM
pacrat pacrat is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Socialist Republic of SoCal
Posts: 7,560
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by The War Wagon View Post
Just NOT a big Latino presence in western PA, but this might carry some weight around CA!
Jorge Masvidal on Trump and Biden


I don't have any idea who Jorje Masvidal is, or even what sport he plays. Never been a sports guy.

But I sure as hell agree with the man.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-23-2020, 5:51 AM
Cowboy T's Avatar
Cowboy T Cowboy T is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 4,318
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evorider View Post
I will vote Democratic across the board after the last four years
Not sure if this is a troll post. If not, I, too, would be interested to know some specifics of why.
__________________
"San Francisco Liberal With A Gun"
F***ing with people's heads, one gun show at a time. Hallelujah!
http://www.sanfranciscoliberalwithagun.com (reloading info w/ videos)
http://www.liberalsguncorner.com (podcast)
http://www.youtube.com/sfliberal (YouTube channel)
----------------------------------------------------
To be a true Liberal, you must be 100% pro-Second Amendment. Anything less is inconsistent with liberalism.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-23-2020, 10:28 AM
-hanko's Avatar
-hanko -hanko is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Bay Area & SW Idaho
Posts: 12,494
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy T View Post
Not sure if this is a troll post. If not, I, too, would be interested to know some specifics of why.
I'd say an obvious head-up-his-tail troll post.
__________________
True wealth is time. Time to enjoy life.

Tactical is like boobs...you can sell anything with it....arf

Heaven goes by favor.
If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain

Last edited by -hanko; 10-23-2020 at 7:44 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-23-2020, 10:37 AM
Libtears's Avatar
Libtears Libtears is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 17
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Never been political, but Trump changed that. My whole fam is voting GOP across the board, even 85 year old mima
#immigrantsforTRUMP
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-23-2020, 10:39 AM
Libtears's Avatar
Libtears Libtears is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 17
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacrat View Post
I don't have any idea who Jorje Masvidal is, or even what sport he plays. Never been a sports guy.

But I sure as hell agree with the man.
Jorge is Cuban immigrant and a famous MMA (cage) fighter. Fastest knockout in history. 5 seconds with flying knee.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-23-2020, 3:07 PM
-hanko's Avatar
-hanko -hanko is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Bay Area & SW Idaho
Posts: 12,494
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Thumbs down

Forget policy and parties for a second...

One guy is a billionaire alpha male playboy with a supermodel wife who has a golden penthouse that rappers idolize.

The other guy is a creepier version of your liberal uncle that's not allowed to be around little kids.

No one really likes the 2nd guy.
__________________
True wealth is time. Time to enjoy life.

Tactical is like boobs...you can sell anything with it....arf

Heaven goes by favor.
If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-24-2020, 11:31 AM
wbk wbk is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 108
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default Not finding it that hard to flip the Democrats !!

Been doing it for months now and it feels sooo good ....

some have taken pictures of the mail in ballot and sent to me YAY !
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 10-24-2020, 3:33 PM
evorider's Avatar
evorider evorider is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Marina Del Rey
Posts: 285
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -hanko View Post
Wonderful.

Care to explain why?
I posted here to remind the OP that not all his users are Republicans and Conservatives. A lot of gun owners are Democrats. I support the Second Amendment but disagree with a lot of what the Republican party stands for.
__________________
NRA Range Safety Officer
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-24-2020, 3:44 PM
Divehobo's Avatar
Divehobo Divehobo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 1,182
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -hanko View Post

One guy is a billionaire alpha male playboy with a supermodel wife who has a golden penthouse that rappers idolize.

The other guy is a creepier version of your liberal uncle that's not allowed to be around little kids.

No one really likes the 2nd guy.
Brilliant and sums it up nicely
__________________
Front Sight, President member
Richmond Rod and Gun, Member, Range Safety Officer
NRA Pistol and Rifle Instructor
NRA Endowment Life Member

PM me for your FrontSight needs.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-25-2020, 7:26 AM
Cowboy T's Avatar
Cowboy T Cowboy T is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 4,318
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evorider View Post
I posted here to remind the OP that not all his users are Republicans and Conservatives. A lot of gun owners are Democrats. I support the Second Amendment but disagree with a lot of what the Republican party stands for.
As an avowed and proud liberal (but not a Democrat), and racial minority, I likewise disagree with a lot of the current Republican Party platform. So, you and I are in a rather similar place.

Problem: the Democrats have gotten so scary that even I have had to turn my back on them. Seriously, their platform is even scarier now than the Republicans!

Therefore, I would suggest this. Your vote is precious. Don't give your vote to either one. Last go-round, my support went to former Gov. Gary Johnson instead of Hillary Clinton because Mrs. Clinton was just that bad (Dr. Jill Stein would've thus gotten my vote had Johnson dropped out for some reason). Pretty much down the ballot, I would not give Democrats my vote.

And that's what I suggest for you as well. If you don't like the Republicans, then they have not yet earned your vote and thus should not yet get it. But neither, fellow 2A brother, have the Democrats. Please, for the love of the FSM, don't give today's Democrats your vote, either. They no longer deserve it.

To my Republican-voting brothers and sisters, see my previous post.
__________________
"San Francisco Liberal With A Gun"
F***ing with people's heads, one gun show at a time. Hallelujah!
http://www.sanfranciscoliberalwithagun.com (reloading info w/ videos)
http://www.liberalsguncorner.com (podcast)
http://www.youtube.com/sfliberal (YouTube channel)
----------------------------------------------------
To be a true Liberal, you must be 100% pro-Second Amendment. Anything less is inconsistent with liberalism.

Last edited by Cowboy T; 10-25-2020 at 7:29 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-25-2020, 8:53 PM
Walther_Guy's Avatar
Walther_Guy Walther_Guy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Citrus Heights
Posts: 320
iTrader: 20 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy T View Post
As an avowed and proud liberal (but not a Democrat), and racial minority, I likewise disagree with a lot of the current Republican Party platform. So, you and I are in a rather similar place.

Problem: the Democrats have gotten so scary that even I have had to turn my back on them. Seriously, their platform is even scarier now than the Republicans!

Therefore, I would suggest this. Your vote is precious. Don't give your vote to either one. Last go-round, my support went to former Gov. Gary Johnson instead of Hillary Clinton because Mrs. Clinton was just that bad (Dr. Jill Stein would've thus gotten my vote had Johnson dropped out for some reason). Pretty much down the ballot, I would not give Democrats my vote.

And that's what I suggest for you as well. If you don't like the Republicans, then they have not yet earned your vote and thus should not yet get it. But neither, fellow 2A brother, have the Democrats. Please, for the love of the FSM, don't give today's Democrats your vote, either. They no longer deserve it.

To my Republican-voting brothers and sisters, see my previous post.
It's interesting. As a person who used to vote Democrat many years ago, but will now NEVER vote Democrat again, I find it impossible to understand why anybody else would do so now, especially gun owners. Biden, Kamala and the ilk they keep company with have all said they plan to relieve you of your guns. It's all out there on video and not that hard to find. And if you think they will stop at "assault weapons", think again. Look no further than the Heller decision of 2008, which was not about "assault weapons" but guns in general. Four of the SCOTUS justices dissented on Heller basically stating that the constitution does not give an individual the right to own a firearm. That's what the left really thinks of the second amendment. And now they want to pack the court if they regain power.

And besides the second amendment, this is definitely not your grandfather's or even your dad's Democrat party. There is no room for the working man in today's Democrat party. If those who are so consumed by their rage and hatred of Trump would take a moment to pause and look at the bigger picture, they might realize that. Today's Democrat policies are terrible and destructive. They favor illegal immigrants over US citizens, using race as a primary factor to determine whether you should get a job or get accepted to a school over actual qualifications and criminals over cops and the law-abiding citizen.

After all the abuses Democrats are guilty of trying to remove a sitting president, the last thing they should be given is more power. They really crossed a line when they used impeachment as a tool to remove a sitting president just because they didn't like him. Of course their guy is on tape admitting to a Ukrainian quid pro quo when he was vice president, but I guess it's different when he does it.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-26-2020, 1:29 PM
SanDiego619's Avatar
SanDiego619 SanDiego619 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 3,362
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

There are only two possible outcomes here. Trump or Biden. Voting for anyone else out of principle is, frankly, a waste. Consider that when voting for a libertarian. You remove yourself from the process when you do that.

I know it makes people angry, but it is true. You have two choices.

As my favorite NYPD officer said: Trump 2020
__________________
Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-26-2020, 1:30 PM
vino68's Avatar
vino68 vino68 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,402
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

I thought this was going to be about getting some strange.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-26-2020, 1:34 PM
SanDiego619's Avatar
SanDiego619 SanDiego619 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 3,362
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evorider View Post
I posted here to remind the OP that not all his users are Republicans and Conservatives. A lot of gun owners are Democrats. I support the Second Amendment but disagree with a lot of what the Republican party stands for.
A gun owner who votes for democrats is a living contradiction.

The democrat platform: open borders, socialism, affirmative action, gender-confusion, and anti-gun.

Go ahead and vote for them, but you are voting against your second amendment rights when you do.
__________________
Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-27-2020, 6:53 PM
Cowboy T's Avatar
Cowboy T Cowboy T is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 4,318
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiego619 View Post
There are only two possible outcomes here. Trump or Biden. Voting for anyone else out of principle is, frankly, a waste. Consider that when voting for a libertarian. You remove yourself from the process when you do that.

I know it makes people angry, but it is true. You have two choices.

As my favorite NYPD officer said: Trump 2020
Problems with the above post:

1.) It's limiting this only to Trump vs. Biden, i. e. the Presidential election. Kestryll's post was far more reaching, including state/local government and the US Congress. We've got to think about that as well.

2.) Some Democrat voters simply won't vote Republican. Period. The Republicans have pissed them off too much by acting like asshats over the years in various ways. You will therefore not get them to vote Republican no matter what you do. In such cases, the best course of action really is to move them to someone "not Democrat" and thus deny the Democrats that vote.
__________________
"San Francisco Liberal With A Gun"
F***ing with people's heads, one gun show at a time. Hallelujah!
http://www.sanfranciscoliberalwithagun.com (reloading info w/ videos)
http://www.liberalsguncorner.com (podcast)
http://www.youtube.com/sfliberal (YouTube channel)
----------------------------------------------------
To be a true Liberal, you must be 100% pro-Second Amendment. Anything less is inconsistent with liberalism.

Last edited by Cowboy T; 10-27-2020 at 6:57 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-27-2020, 9:00 PM
ScottsBad's Avatar
ScottsBad ScottsBad is online now
Progressives Suck!
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5,167
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evorider View Post
I will vote Democratic across the board after the last four years
Another one on my ignoramus ignore list.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-28-2020, 2:37 PM
QuinnBayArea's Avatar
QuinnBayArea QuinnBayArea is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 233
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -hanko View Post
Forget policy and parties for a second...

One guy is a billionaire alpha male playboy with a supermodel wife who has a golden penthouse that rappers idolize.

The other guy is a creepier version of your liberal uncle that's not allowed to be around little kids.

No one really likes the 2nd guy.
So one is the American Dream, the other a pedophile? Why would anyone vote for the pedophile?
__________________
Best Collateral Pawn in SSF, we are doing PPTs by appointment. Call 650 589 4433, ask for Rowland or Ron
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 10-28-2020, 11:38 PM
johnireland johnireland is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 176
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

A friend forwarded this to me. Khrushchev's Message 61 years ago:

"Your children's children will live under communism, You Americans are so gullible. No, you won't accept communism outright; but we will keep feeding you small doses of socialism until you will finally wake up and find you already have Communism. We will not have to fight you; We will so weaken your economy, until you will fall like overripe Fruit into our hands." "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

And these are their steps to create a Socialistic State.
1) Healthcare - Control healthcare and you control the people.
2) Poverty - Increase the poverty level as high as possible, poor people are easier to control and will not fight back if you are providing everything for them.
3) Debt - Increase the debt to an unsustainable level. That way you are able to increase taxes, and this will produce more poverty.
4) Gun Control - Remove the ability to defend themselves from the Government That way you are able to create a police state.
5) Welfare - Take control of every aspect (food, housing, income) of their lives because that will make them fully dependent on the government.
6) Education - Take control of what people read and listen to and take control of what children learn in school.
7) Religion - Remove the belief in God from the Government and schools because the people need to believe in ONLY the government knowing what is best for the people.
8) Class Warfare - Divide the people into the wealthy and the poor. Eliminate the middle class This will cause more discontent and it will be easier to tax the wealthy with the support of the poor."

Isn't it amazing. The plans of the Communist Party to destroy America, are exactly the same as the Democrat's plan to take over America. This is the real platform of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris and AOC and Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer. It is the agenda of communism.

This is why we must reelect President Trump, and give him solid majorities in the House and the Senate. If Biden/Harris win, America dies.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 10-28-2020, 11:49 PM
The Gleam's Avatar
The Gleam The Gleam is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,599
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default The Gleaming Gleam's Gleamingly Gun Vote

Being the Beverly Hills gadabout that one may be known to gad in such places, here today I found myself looking to vote during my mid-day excursions, during a time that most people stuff their fat face, something I am not prone to do, and oft try to make a productive and functional application out of that said break serving a dereliction of my duties, otherwise.

Being that the Skirball Center is most convenient in propinquity to my digs, I ventured out to vote - in person - at some time 'round the big hand on the 9 and the little hand gracing the 12.

NO - that's a big FAT NO - I do NOT - as in NO (again) - trust this new plan of mail-in voting for everybody.

I had no issue with mail-in voting when it was a fractional number of those doing so by choice, but this latest is just ripe for so many logistical and procedural errors, I was NOT going to chance it with such an important election.

(I was prepared though; if I were to have run into infinitely undulating lines, I would have dropped off my ballot at that voting center instead, still - in person. )

And wholly smokin' holy smokes, what did I find? A ghost-town.

I get there, plenty of parking. I then pass the hundreds of 6-foot positioned blue-circle dance-step shoe silhouettes that lead me to the door of said "Early Vote Center".

No line. No wait, No fuss, no muss.

Walk in with my preordained sample ballot, scanned for surety, and on my way to an empty row, of several rows, of vacant fancy newfangled electronic voting machines LA County is now using. In all, there were approximately only 6 to 8 people actually voting at the machines, for what must have been 40 machines or more.

Which by the way, they got these machines right. I was impressed - whoever or whatever company came up with these jobs, deserves accolades, which is nearly an unheard of thing in California whenever it decides to move to some new tech (which is usually everyone else's tech of 7 years ago, because it usually takes them that long to implement.)

Really intuitive, efficient, easy to read, and the presentation looks exactly like your sample ballot in HYYUGE font.

Back to the ghost town....

In the 4 minutes or so I was at the voting dell, only ONE (that 1 and in singular) other person came in to vote. I left with the same amount of ease. In and out including car-door and back to car-door was maybe 11 minutes, most of that spent walking/figuring out where to go.

I recommend that ANY Calgunner that can take advantage of early voting in-person, do so. You've got just tomorrow, then all locations open up on Friday, sure to be busy through the weekend through Tuesday.


So what comes Friday when ALL the Voting Centers open up for voting? I predict the nightmare that arose in the primaries. Long lines of people that didn't realize they could have gone to one of these voting centers early, especially come 11/3/2020.

Judging by the hundreds of blue-circle feet displacement placards stuck to the ground to advise the populace where to stand, they are also expecting hoards and long lines, and that like me, most will be skeptical of USPS and the general mechanics of handling millions of mail-in votes this time around.

I read an article today that indicated how millions of mail-in votes could be disqualified or not pass-through due to errors on the form, signatures not matching signatures on file (it says this on the mail-in ballot) and other weird late-processing scenarios.

This election is too important to leave that function open to doubt. Nope, ain't gonna do it. In person it had to be.

And how did The Gleam vote????

After making my selections on my opinion, I had a little bit of fun checking them against the LA Time's self-stated "Progressive Choice" vote - as you can guess, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF MY CHOICES ran against their selection.

So I knew I was doing something right..... as follows - just the meat-and-potatoes here:

Measure RR: NO

LA County District Attorney: Jackie Lacey

An Aside - (I figure, with the firearm infraction her husband experienced defending his/her home against BLM we may have won her over a bit with her ability to now personalize of how law-abiding gun owners are being vilified, AND that she is up against Soros' money behind career-politician San Fran destroying carpetbagger Gascon, she was worth a vote.)

Count Measure J: NO

State Measure 14: NO

State Measure 15: NO

State Measure 16: NO

State Measure 17: NO

State Measure 18: NO

State Measure 19: YES - (This one was an easy YES. )

State Measure 20: YES

State Measure 21: NO

State Measure 22: YES

State Measure 23: NO

State Measure 24: YES

State Measure 25: NO

National Election President and Vice President:





. .
__________________
-----------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarian View Post
What compelling interest has any level of government in knowing what guns are owned by civilians? (Those owned by government should be inventoried and tracked, for exactly the same reasons computers and desks and chairs are tracked: responsible care of public property.)

If some level of government had that information, what would they do with it? How would having that info benefit public safety? How would it benefit law enforcement?
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 10-29-2020, 12:00 AM
SanDiego619's Avatar
SanDiego619 SanDiego619 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 3,362
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy T View Post
Problems with the above post:

1.) It's limiting this only to Trump vs. Biden, i. e. the Presidential election. Kestryll's post was far more reaching, including state/local government and the US Congress. We've got to think about that as well.

2.) Some Democrat voters simply won't vote Republican. Period. The Republicans have pissed them off too much by acting like asshats over the years in various ways. You will therefore not get them to vote Republican no matter what you do. In such cases, the best course of action really is to move them to someone "not Democrat" and thus deny the Democrats that vote.
I was only referring to the presidential election so the first problem is I think nullified.

The second comes down to this. No matter how much they hate the republican candidate, they need to look at the only two possible outcomes and pick the better of the two. Picking a third party is stupid. Yes it does deny the vote for the democrat, but one of them is going to win whether they like it or not. Man up and vote for the one they hate less. Not an easy pill to swallow, but remove the emotions and it makes sense.
__________________
Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 10-31-2020, 2:49 PM
Mr. Blue's Avatar
Mr. Blue Mr. Blue is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Shasta County, CA
Posts: 1,717
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy T View Post
Problems with the above post:

1.) It's limiting this only to Trump vs. Biden, i. e. the Presidential election. Kestryll's post was far more reaching, including state/local government and the US Congress. We've got to think about that as well.

2.) Some Democrat voters simply won't vote Republican. Period. The Republicans have pissed them off too much by acting like asshats over the years in various ways. You will therefore not get them to vote Republican no matter what you do. In such cases, the best course of action really is to move them to someone "not Democrat" and thus deny the Democrats that vote.
2) to make a claim that The Republicans have pissed them off too much by acting like asshats over the years in various ways.... What a sad statement. Every person is different. Every democrat is different, every republican. To vote leaders into positions based on personal feelings that Red=bad Blue=Good is as shallow as racism. It’s the same premise, different subjects.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 10-31-2020, 11:57 PM
johnireland johnireland is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 176
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

There are 2 days left to decide America's future.

What began as a flicker of light in 1776, grew into a nation that has done more for mankind, freed more people from the oppression of slavery, lifted more people from the despair of poverty, inspired more people to reach for their highest dreams, and enriched the human condition more than any other country in the history of this planet.

This is the most important election in any living American's lifetime. If we reelect President Trump, the flicker of light that began in 1776, will once again become a torch that will light up America…and the world.

If you believe in America, you must vote, and you must get your family and friends and co-workers and neighbors to vote to re-elect President Trump, and you must vote to give him Republican majorities in both the House and the Senate.

In 2 days, on Nov. 3rd, vote your love for America.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 11-01-2020, 5:31 PM
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Shasta Co.
Posts: 108
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Biden, Kamala 2020 we need higher taxes bigger government and who needs guns we need to be sheep.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 11-02-2020, 11:20 AM
ScottsBad's Avatar
ScottsBad ScottsBad is online now
Progressives Suck!
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5,167
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

The 2nd amendment is on the ballot like never before.

Dims are already putting out bills to remove our gun rights and expand the ATF. So, you all know that a vote for our 2nd Amendment is a vote for Republicans. At this time, every other argument about guns is superfluous.

Uncle Joe belongs to the Leftists (Bernie Bros and Un-hinged Antifa BLM activists) they will put him in power and they WILL DEMAND payback.

Don't make the biggest mistake in American History by putting socialists in power.

Vote Trump, Vote Republican
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 11-02-2020, 8:50 PM
Cowboy T's Avatar
Cowboy T Cowboy T is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 4,318
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiego619 View Post
I was only referring to the presidential election so the first problem is I think nullified.
The subject of this thread, however (i. e. Kestryll's actual post), does not only refer to the Presidential election, and in real life, the problem is hardly not nullified. California's anti-2A legal regime is ample demonstration of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiego619 View Post
The second comes down to this. No matter how much they hate the republican candidate, they need to look at the only two possible outcomes and pick the better of the two. Picking a third party is stupid. Yes it does deny the vote for the democrat, but one of them is going to win whether they like it or not. Man up and vote for the one they hate less. Not an easy pill to swallow, but remove the emotions and it makes sense.
I sincerely hope you haven't been (and aren't) talking to those Democrat voters like that. Telling them to "man up" will push them away from you and hurt our cause. Such voters will either vote Democrat, or "someone else who's not Republican". You can either accept that reality, or you can keep emotional, tell 'em it's "stupid", and demand that "pill". And that will push them right back to voting for the Democrats, which is the opposite of what we want. It is indeed better in that particular kind of case to simply deny the vote for the Democrat candidate.

Let's see what happens tomorrow.
__________________
"San Francisco Liberal With A Gun"
F***ing with people's heads, one gun show at a time. Hallelujah!
http://www.sanfranciscoliberalwithagun.com (reloading info w/ videos)
http://www.liberalsguncorner.com (podcast)
http://www.youtube.com/sfliberal (YouTube channel)
----------------------------------------------------
To be a true Liberal, you must be 100% pro-Second Amendment. Anything less is inconsistent with liberalism.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 11-03-2020, 8:41 AM
lastinline lastinline is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,026
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evorider View Post
I posted here to remind the OP that not all his users are Republicans and Conservatives. A lot of gun owners are Democrats. I support the Second Amendment but disagree with a lot of what the Republican party stands for.
If you vote democrat, you DO NOT support the 2A.
YOUR party has been directly responsible for any and all attempts to destroy it, yet you reap the benefits of the hard work others do to preserve the 2A.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 11-03-2020, 12:47 PM
Aceldama Aceldama is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 13
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastinline View Post
If you vote democrat, you DO NOT support the 2A.
YOUR party has been directly responsible for any and all attempts to destroy it, yet you reap the benefits of the hard work others do to preserve the 2A.
Riiiiiight. Nothing more American than zero-sum politics.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 8:26 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2020, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.
Tactical Pants Tactical Boots Tactical Gear Military Boots 5.11 Tactical