Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories Questions, answers and discussions regarding equipment specific to concealed carry.

Old 10-01-2020, 3:57 PM

Default T1 Axis Elite vs Agis Elite

Hey everyone,

I'm looking into the best flexible appendix holster, and really like what I see in the Tier 1 AXIS and AGIS elite models. I understand that the only big different between the two is the button vs rip cord connection system.

The rip cord seems to be more in line with what I'm looking for but one of my main concerns is the ability to detach the extra mag portion and be able to just wear the holster at 3/4 o'clock if I want. Now, I know the AGIS elite is designed to have that capability, as you can just unclip one part of the holster. My question is that (although probably more difficult) does the AGIS elite have that capability as well? Can I undo the cord and just wear the holster in the 3/4 o'clock positions?

All advice, experience and insight welcome!
Old 10-15-2020, 2:33 AM

The Axis/Agis are designed for appendix carry more than anything. The mag caddy does wonders for comfort/balance in the appendix position.
Axis Elite is a really amazing holster, but probably a pain to assemble/disassemble with the shock cord on a regular basis.
Old 10-15-2020, 12:00 PM

I don't have the Elite, but do have the Axis slim. It's a great holster, and you can remove the mag caddy by removing the shock cord. Not a huge hassle, but it takes a minute to run the cord back through when you want to add the mag caddy back on. If you want to carry at 4 o'clock, I would get a holster designed for it. This holster really shines when carried in the appendix position, and I can't say it would be my first or even second choice for 4 o'clock carry.
Old 10-16-2020, 10:07 AM

Have you looked into the Black Arch Holster? Love them on my rigs.

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk
Old 10-22-2020, 12:28 AM

Hello,

I used have owned the axis slim, personally I hate the feeling of kydex on my skin in the appendix position. Others do not feel this way, but as an individual with low bodyfat the kydex digs right into my abdominal muscles. I prefer a hybrid, and white hat holsters offers a number of great options for hybrids, as does alien gear. I have bot tried the ageis button variant, but the cordage link system on the axis is very well constructed, and their retention adjustment is impeccable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk