Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 09-14-2020, 6:54 PM

Default Advice for Permit Orange County, CA

Hey guys, looking to possibly get my concealed carry permit. I live in Costa Mesa, CA. Currently have not completed any training courses (pretty familiar with handguns / rifles) because I am not sure if they would issue it or not?

Was hoping someone had experience with the timing it took to get one in Orange County, CA.

My occasion for requesting would be protection when I pick up $ from the laundry rooms / vending machines / drink machines at my family owned apartment complex in Orange County, CA. There are many units and several different locations throughout about a 1/2 mile property, about $2k per week in change bag deposits. I would provide the deposit schedule of the account for the past month or so.

In addition I would state the increasingly violent times we are in.

Any advice? Is there a service that could potentially walk me through it and provide issuance??

Thanks! Just jumping in
Old 09-14-2020, 6:56 PM
CGSSA OC Chapter Leader

I'd be more than happy to help. I am a local firearms and criminal defense atty. Please feel free to PM me.
Old 09-16-2020, 11:21 AM
Veteran Member

As long as you (1) Have a clean record, and I mean CLEAN, and (2) Fulfill all requirements, you are VERY LIKELY to be approved based upon your stated reason above.

The process requires many steps and will take some time (months), but each step is relatively easy to do and straightforward.

Here is your starting point: https://www.ocsd.org/about_ocsd/services/ccw

The OCSD Website is quite clear with what it needs and outlining the steps you need to take. Just do it all one by one and you will have your CCW Permit.

In your "Good Cause Statement" - the document you will submit that states the reason why you want a carry permit, you do not need to tell them about the violent times we live in. Just keep it short and straight to the point. Start with a brief statement that you have a clean record, you are a responsible, functioning adult with a long history of good citizenship. And then go on to state the reason(s) that pertains to specifically to YOU. No need to discuss society. About 2-3 short paragraphs at the most.

Hope that helps. If you have any other question, just ask. All the best, good luck.
Old 09-17-2020, 2:32 PM

You should check out the pre-CCW meeting with Artemis to get all your questions and other What If's answered about the process and if you might have any blaring non-qualifiers to know about: https://www.artemishq.com
Old 10-16-2020, 8:19 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonSaysSo View Post
You should check out the pre-CCW meeting with Artemis to get all your questions and other What If's answered about the process and if you might have any blaring non-qualifiers to know about: https://www.artemishq.com
This. I just finished a pre-CCW Zoom meeting with Artemis. 2-1/2 hours of very good information, including an informative history of gun rights in the U.S. They claim that currently 98% of CCW applicants in Orange County will be issued a permit.
Old 10-16-2020, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequencer60 View Post
This. I just finished a pre-CCW Zoom meeting with Artemis. 2-1/2 hours of very good information, including an informative history of gun rights in the U.S. They claim that currently 98% of CCW applicants in Orange County will be issued a permit.
How much?
Old 10-16-2020, 10:49 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogk22 View Post
How much?
Check out their website, they have all kinds of classes.

https://www.artemishq.com/

Last edited by Sequencer60; 10-18-2020 at 6:57 AM.. Reason: website
Old 10-17-2020, 9:52 PM

My experience with Tap Rack Bang has been very positive. They offer a wide range of training, including CCW. One thing that I had found helpful is their free CCW webinar where they answer questions about the process and etc. Check them out:

https://www.trbtraining.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk