Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns Expatriates
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Expatriates For members who have left California but remain Calgunners

Old 10-16-2020, 5:39 PM

Default So what's the deal with Apache County, AZ???

So I got my vote-by-mail-ballot today. While looking at it I noticed that the only candidates running for County Assessor, Attorney, Recorder, School Superintendent, and Treasurer are Democraps. You can write someone in but, what's the deal? Are there no Repubs willing to run?
Old 10-16-2020, 6:11 PM
CoconutOfDissonance
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: Where the homeless roam and the crackheads and junkies run free.

The median income for a household in the county was $23,344, and the median income for a family was $26,315. Males had a median income of $30,182 versus $22,312 for females. The per capita income for the county was $8,986. About 33.50% of families and 37.80% of the population were below the poverty line, including 42.80% of those under age 18 and 36.50% of those age 65 or over. The county's per-capita income makes it one of the poorest counties in the United States.

The racial makeup of the county was 72.9% Native American, 23.3% white, 0.3% Asian, 0.2% black or African American, 1.3% from other races, and 2.0% from two or more races. Those of Hispanic or Latino origin made up 5.8% of the population.[14]

Owing to its strongly Native American population, Apache County votes solidly Democratic. No Republican presidential nominee has won Apache County since Ronald Reagan in 1980,[18] during an election when incumbent Jimmy Carter was viewed as extremely weak on issues pertaining to the West, especially water development.[19] During most of the 1980s, 1990s and early 2000s Apache was the most Democratic county in Arizona, although concern about Republican immigration policies has led Santa Cruz County to take this title since 2008.

H. L. Mencken
Old 10-17-2020, 12:46 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Seems like you have an opportunity to step into politics. I have analyzed your chances in the next Republican primary to be very good.
Old 10-17-2020, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKM View Post
The median income for a household in the county was $23,344, and the median income for a family was $26,315. Males had a median income of $30,182 versus $22,312 for females. The per capita income for the county was $8,986. About 33.50% of families and 37.80% of the population were below the poverty line, including 42.80% of those under age 18 and 36.50% of those age 65 or over. The county's per-capita income makes it one of the poorest counties in the United States.

The racial makeup of the county was 72.9% Native American, 23.3% white, 0.3% Asian, 0.2% black or African American, 1.3% from other races, and 2.0% from two or more races. Those of Hispanic or Latino origin made up 5.8% of the population.[14]

Owing to its strongly Native American population, Apache County votes solidly Democratic. No Republican presidential nominee has won Apache County since Ronald Reagan in 1980,[18] during an election when incumbent Jimmy Carter was viewed as extremely weak on issues pertaining to the West, especially water development.[19] During most of the 1980s, 1990s and early 2000s Apache was the most Democratic county in Arizona, although concern about Republican immigration policies has led Santa Cruz County to take this title since 2008.
So I moved from a conservative county (Mohave) to a liberal county. How nice for me, lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigstroker View Post
Seems like you have an opportunity to step into politics. I have analyzed your chances in the next Republican primary to be very good.
As for the "don't leave CA you coward" sentiment: I don't fault anyone for feeling that way. I felt that way myself for years. In the end though, CA is a lost cause and the poor people of rural CA will be ruled by the pink-clad fist of San Francisco for the foreseeable future. Living the rest of my life in misery and denying my children freedom won't change that.