Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights If it aims your firearm, post about it here.

Old 09-16-2018, 12:45 PM

Default Parallax free question on red dot

I have both RMR and Holosun 507c, and I know RMR is factory adjusted to be parallax free at 50 meter from its user manual, so I sent an email to Holosun and requested parallax free specification, and I got following response:

Quote:
When the dot is placed in the center of the glass the parallax error is less than one MOA, or 1" at 100 yards, 1/2" at 50 yards, 1/4" at 25 yards.
There will always be some parallax on any relfective dot sight because your eye, the dot, and the target are never on the same plane. Because of this, there will always be some perspective difference causing some shift in POI. However this shift is very small at <1MOA.
so I believe he states Holosun 507c is not parallax free and user would experience the minor optical error?
Old 09-16-2018, 6:49 PM
Veteran Member

You will have to determine this for yourself. I have a 510c and if there is a little parallax it isn't going to matter much if I'm shooting silhouettes at 50 to 100 yards.
Old 09-17-2018, 4:02 AM

There is no such thing as truly "parallax free" red dots. It's a matter of physics really.

The Holosun rep is essentially being more transparent truthful with you. The RMR manual is essentially saying the at 50yrds+ the parallax is negligible.

It's "industry standard" to call red dots "parallax free" but none of them are, including your RMR.

What matters more for the parallax is a consistent cheek weld and head position in relation to your optic.
Old 09-17-2018, 2:00 PM
Send Coffee
CGN Contributor

Every single red dot has parallax
Old 09-17-2018, 3:50 PM

thanks for the reply, it make more sense that nothing is perfect.