Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2019, 7:21 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by garandguy10 View Post
My opening statement was "I seem to recall". I delete my union newsletters almost as soon as I read them, If I read them at all. So no I will not go through their archives to back up my statement, I really do not have the time to answer your questions.

I will say as a concerned citizen, I am getting real tired of sworn LEO's getting special "privileges" that are not granted to regular citizens. That is not how this country works.
I SEEM TO RECALL.......there are rules to this sub forum and non LEOs are restricted regarding the nature of their post. Please re-read the rules as they pertain to non-LE. You may ask questions in a civil manner.

Otherwise, please keep your opinions to yourself. Your opinions are not really appreciated as much as you might think. Those of us that put ourselves on the line are kind of tired of your whining. Just my $0.02 worth.

NRA Life Member
CRPA Life Member
NRA Rifle Instructor
NRA Shotgun Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
DOJ Certified Instructor

Last edited by Ron-Solo; 03-07-2019 at 9:12 PM..
Old 03-05-2019, 4:52 AM

Quote:
My opening statement was "I seem to recall".
Yes, I remember your statement and its 'qualification.'

Quote:
I delete my union newsletters almost as soon as I read them, If I read them at all.
Well, it appears that you read this one. The fact that you "delete [them] as soon as [you] read them" just means that you'd have to go to their website to find the article for us.

Quote:
So no I will not go through their archives to back up my statement,
OK. But then there's no reason that anyone should accept your version of what it said. You might be mistaken. After all, you didn't write, "My union newsletter said Ö" You openly stated that you might be mistaken as to what the newsletter said with your comment, "I seem to recall Ö"

Quote:
I really do not have the time to answer your questions.
My questions are not very difficult. They would not require much research. Some of them might be common knowledge for a member of your union. But I get that you don't want to even try to support your claims. Your memory might be flawed, and that might be upsetting to you.

Quote:
I will say as a concerned citizen,
Well, at least you want TO APPEAR to be "a concerned citizen." lol

Quote:
I am getting real tired of sworn LEO's getting special "privileges" that are not granted to regular citizens. That is not how this country works.
Obviously you have not been paying attention to "how this [or any] country [or any business, or the world for that matter] works." People support things that they think benefit them.

What's happening here is that you, like some others here, think that LE unions wield some vast power to force legislators to pass laws that benefit only them, to the detriment of civilians. I happen to agree that such laws are wrong. EVERYONE (absent some disqualifying factor) should be allowed to CCW, to purchase any gun, and have standard capacity mags.
Old 03-06-2019, 12:52 PM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

To all of you non leos who have posted your opinions re what leos and their unions should and should not do, that they should be subject to the same mag restrictions as non leos are, etc. Don't do it anymore. As several leos have stated, your opinion is not wanted and I'm here to advise you, it's not permitted.

Read the rules located in the sticky near the top of this forum. As was stated by one of the leo members, you can ask a question in a civil manner. Do not state your opinion as to what leos should do, what laws should apply to them or post anything contrary to the rules. Period. Otherwise, not only will you not be able to view or post in this forum, you may find yourself either temporary or permanently banned. I cannot be anymore clear, so there is no need to comment on this post; just heed it.
Old 03-06-2019, 7:52 PM

Quote:
Every working day I am enforcing the laws and regulations that are jurisdictional to my agency. I do this without a gun, body armour or backup.

I find the condescension shown to me in this thread to be telling.
Even after all these years of being a member of Calguns.net, I find I am no longer interested in being part of a forum that allows certain members to have elitist privileges.

I have sent you a PM asking how I can remove myself as a member of Calguns.net. If that is not possible, please permanently ban me from Calguns.net.

Goodbye and good luck to you all.
Old 03-06-2019, 7:54 PM

Quote:
Every working day I am enforcing the laws and regulations that are jurisdictional to my agency. I do this without a gun, body armour or backup.

I find the condescension shown to me in this thread to be telling.

Even after all these years of being a member of Calguns.net, I find I am no longer interested in being part of a forum that allows certain members to have elitist privileges.

I have sent you a PM asking how I can remove myself as a member of Calguns.net. If that is not possible, please permanently ban me from Calguns.net.

Goodbye and good luck to you all.

Just stop logging on. 98

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-06-2019, 10:49 PM
Head Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron-Solo View Post
Pretty much
Quote:
No, we just want you to go away. Go hang out in off topic where there are different rules.

You need to re-read the rules for the LE Forum.
Quote:
I SEEM TO RECALL.......there are rules to this sub forum and no LEOs are restricted regarding the nature of their post. Please re-read the rules as they pertain to non-LE. You may ask questions in a civil manner.

Otherwise, please keep your opinions to yourself. Your opinions are not really appreciated as much as you might think. Those of us that put ourselves on the line are kind of tired of your whining. Just my $0.02 worth.
Your interpretation of the rules of this sub-forum is wrong.

This is not 'LEO ONLY' and as long as they are civil ANYONE can post here.
The California Rifle & Pistol Assoc. - Director.
DONATE TO NRA-ILA, CGSSA, AND CRPAF NOW!
Opinions posted in this account are my own and unless specifically stated as such are not the approved position of Calguns.net, CGSSA or CRPA.
Old 03-06-2019, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post

Respectfully, I think this is what Ron may be referencing:

Quote:
3. This is NOT a place to air your dislike of the Government, Law Enforcement, LEOs in general or the law in general. Doing so here will result in losing access to this forum.
I donít care one way or another how garandguy feels, honestly. Itís just frustrating that many, LEOs and retired LEOs included, feel we and our union/associations/organizations have some magical power over what laws are put in place, what is enforced, etc.

The whole ďelitistĒ thing is off-putting, but whatever. Heís an ďelitistĒ all the same so itís just the pot calling the kettle black.
Old 03-07-2019, 8:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esy View Post
Itís just frustrating that many, LEOs and retired LEOs included, feel we and our union/associations/organizations have some magical power over what laws are put in place, what is enforced, etc.
I was President of the POA (Police Officers Association) for two years and VP for another two. The only political action we got involved in was when a local resident wanted to run for City Council. He asked us to "walk the precinct." Several of us did, knocking on doors, IDing ourselves as members of the local LEA and encouraging the residents to vote for "this guy." We made it clear that we were individuals and did not represent either the PD or the POA. We never spent a dime on any political activity. We never even tried to influence legislation, other than a few of us wrote letters as individuals, encouraging our representatives to vote for or against something. This was the rule, rather than the exception, for other small and medium size LEAs in the area.
Old 03-07-2019, 9:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigger hammer View Post
I was President of the POA (Police Officers Association) for two years and VP for another two. The only political action we got involved in was when a local resident wanted to run for City Council. He asked us to "walk the precinct." Several of us did, knocking on doors, IDing ourselves as members of the local LEA and encouraging the residents to vote for "this guy." We made it clear that we were individuals and did not represent either the PD or the POA. We never spent a dime on any political activity. We never even tried to influence legislation, other than a few of us wrote letters as individuals, encouraging our representatives to vote for or against something. This was the rule, rather than the exception, for other small and medium size LEAs in the area.
And thatís exactly how it should be. For LEOs and citizens alike. What policies do you, as an individual support? What candidate do you, as an individual, support? How do you, as an individual, reach out to others to gain support? Rather than just expecting something to happen because you feel itís right or it should be this way or that.
Old 03-07-2019, 1:59 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by acepilot55 View Post
Just a public service announcement for any LEOs that might want to order from Grab A Gun in the future...

My buddy (a LEO) tried to order a S&W M&P CORE ported and they sent an email saying he had two options: 1) they could remove the mags before shipping or 2) he could cancel the order.

After a few WTF? emails, they sent this reply:

So unless you find a screaming deal where buying a few mags after the fact would still be cheaper than buying elsewhere, there's not much reason to send business their way.

If this is already a known issue, then my apologies.
I am a local shop in Folsom that I might be able to help in this case of acquiring standard size mags. Give us a try. Thanks.
916.680.9888 / sales@loyalarms.com
Facebook | Yelp
Old 03-07-2019, 9:23 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post

PM sent, Sir

NRA Life Member
CRPA Life Member
NRA Rifle Instructor
NRA Shotgun Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
DOJ Certified Instructor
Old 03-31-2019, 9:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mmContagion View Post
Confiscation. Roster. No LEO support on these topics. Sure, some may think itís ridiculous. But until theyíre held to the same standards they couldnít care less that the law abiding cutizenís 2a rights are oppressed. Take NY for example. Until they put mag limits on officers, citizens were being stripped more and more every day.

Again, I am not against LEO and donít hold this against anyone. Just making the statement.
In what fantasy do you think that LEOís in California have any respect from, or influence over, the Democrat super-majority that runs this State? As an LEO, what exactly do you think I can do, politically, to change CA gun laws? You are just one of those whiners who think that all cops barely shoot their guns, donít care about the idiotic roster, and just want to arrest people for violating gun laws. But, you are wrong.
Old 04-01-2019, 1:44 PM

Just got an email from https://gunmagwarehouse.com/ advising they are now shipping higher capacity magazines to CA...
Old 04-05-2019, 5:21 PM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuelx View Post
Just got an email from https://gunmagwarehouse.com/ advising they are now shipping higher capacity magazines to CA...
And with this post, this thread is done. There is no need for it to continue.
Closed Thread