Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Commercial Sales > New Product Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Product Announcements Vendors, share information about your newest products. Only CGN Vendors can start threads in this forum.

Old 10-10-2017, 9:19 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Default $99.00 Shipped--- New version, AVIS-Lite Wireless Security For Your Safe

Our safes buy precious time from thieves. Make use of that time with AVIS-Lite and know immediately someone is tampering with your safe. No subscriptions or fees, just pure security.

Christmas Deliveries:
To ensure delivery by Saturday the 23rd (last USPS operating day before Christmas Monday) USPS is recommending the 20th as the last date to ship out. I need orders to be in by 12:00 AM the 20th, and I guarantee they will be in the hands of USPS that day.

Made in America
Patent Pending

Instantly texts and/or emails you in the event your safe is shaken, tilted, or opened.

What AVIS-Lite will do for you:
You will receive instant alerts when your safe is opened, wherever you are in the world (with cell phone coverage).
Tilting of the safe (pallet jack or tipping over to pry open) will be detected by the internal tilt sensors.
Shaking of the safe will be detected by an internal vibration sensor.
Alert you in the case of extreme temperature or humidity.
If any of these events are detected, you will have a text and/or email within seconds, specifically telling you which has been triggered.

AVIS vs AVIS-Lite:
AVIS-Lite does not have external sensors like door prying detection or antenna anti-tamper. AVIS-Lite does have a vibration sensor, but is internal to the unit unlike AVIS which has a moveable, external vibration sensor on a 9' wire.

Batteries and USPS Priority shipping are included with every unit. Power adapter included on 110V models. Extended battery life on battery powered versions.

ORDER HERE - free shipping on all orders
$99 for the 110V model with battery backup
$99 for the battery model with extended life (16+ months)
http://bayswaterblue.com/avisLiteOrder.html

The following videos were made for AVIS but cover all that is needed for AVIS-Lite.
The website is constantly being improved and I'm currently working on adding more and more content.

AVIS Quick Set up Guide to get AVIS into secure mode:

AVIS install guide

Last edited by Frozenguy; 12-06-2017 at 2:22 PM..
Old 11-18-2017, 11:15 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Hey @Frozenguy - could you answer a few questions about AVIS-lite that will help me and might be helpful to other customers?

* Is AVIS-lite the same size unit as AVIS (i.e., 5.1" x 2.7" x 1.7" L-D-H)?

* Is AVIS-lite essentially the AVIS unit without plug-in external sensors (i.e., all sensors are contained in the unit)?

* How long are the antenna wire and antenna-tamper-sensor wire?

* How big an access hole in a safe is necessary for the antenna wire + antenna sensor wire? And if adding a power cord?

I am acquiring a safe, and to deploy AVIS-lite I'd have to drill my own access hole (which I am concerned about in 1/4" steel plate) and also maybe rework my home wifi set-up to make it work for me given already spotty wifi connections in the area of my home I plan to install my safe (but maybe the AVIS antenna is much better than typical mobile phone antennas?).

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-26-2017, 8:45 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortelli View Post
Cross-posted from "New Product Announcements" sub-forum.

Hey @Frozenguy - could you answer a few questions about AVIS-lite that will help me and might be helpful to other customers?

1) Is AVIS-lite the same size unit as AVIS (i.e., 5.1" x 2.7" x 1.7" L-D-H)?

2) Is AVIS-lite essentially the AVIS unit without plug-in external sensors (i.e., all sensors are contained in the unit)?

3) How long are the antenna wire and antenna-tamper-sensor wire?

4) How big an access hole in a safe is necessary for the antenna wire + antenna sensor wire? And if adding a power cord?

I am acquiring a safe, and to deploy AVIS-lite I'd have to drill my own access hole (which I am concerned about in 1/4" steel plate) and also maybe rework my home wifi set-up to make it work for me given already spotty wifi connections in the area of my home I plan to install my safe (but maybe the AVIS antenna is much better than typical mobile phone antennas?). UPDATE from original posting in sub-forum: I may be able to use one bolt-down hole instead for the antenna wire which makes a possible AVIS unit more attractive to me.

Thanks in advance.
1) Yes AVIS and AVIS-Lite are the same size

2) AVIS-Lite has fewer sensors than AVIS, and all are internal. AVIS-Lite does have an added internal vibration sensor but does not have the pry sensor, or the antenna anti-tamper sensors.

3) The anti-tamper sensor and antenna cables are approximately 9.5' in length.

4) A 3/8" hole will accommodate the installation of all three: the antenna cable, anti-tamper sensor cable, and power cord. The connectors on the cables are what require the most space so once those are installed, a cut power cord will have enough room to pass through as long as it's not the heavy duty thick type.

AVIS has an incredible range, far greater than cell phones. So far about 2/5 of customers report they don't need the antenna to be external however I do not have any information regarding the safe wall thickness or proximity to a router.

Drilling with the right bit wont be too hard but if you can use an extra bolt down hole that would be a great option.

Thank you for your questions and interest!
Old 11-26-2017, 11:55 PM
Veteran Member

Tagged

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Sage View Post
More what? More crazy?
You live in California. There's always more crazy. It's a renewable resource.
Old 12-05-2017, 6:08 PM

any good HSS bit should do but if you want to be sure buy a carbide bit and drill slow so as to not overheat the bit
Old 12-05-2017, 6:11 PM

oops forgot you can get a wireless repeater and install it between your router and safe. it will boost the signal as it passes it down the line to the safe or router. under $100.
Old 12-05-2017, 8:06 PM

Been looking at safe monitors, How does this compare to liberty's safe monitor?
Old 12-06-2017, 2:13 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sned45 View Post
Been looking at safe monitors, How does this compare to liberty's safe monitor?
Hi

AVIS was designed from conception to production as a security device for safes and vaults. It is far more secure, reliable, and effective. Liberty's safe monitor was designed as a general household sensor by the company Elertus. Advertised for general household sensing, such as: when a drawer is opened.

AVIS never drops a connection whereas Liberty's monitor constantly drops connection, per reviews on amazon. Their reviews aren't that bad because it mainly does as advertised and was the only offering in this market until now. AVIS-Lite has every sensing capability that Liberty's does plus more:

---AVIS-Lite can detect if the safe has been tilted to any side, even as little as 15 degrees by a pallet jack. Liberty's cannot.

---AVIS-Lite can sense the door is open in a dimly lit room. Liberty's struggles to detect open doors when not sufficiently lit.

---AVIS-Lite doesn't have a downlink that can be hacked, unlike Liberty's.

---AVIS-Lite has a precision temp/humidity sensor for Texas Instruments that will hold its accuracy for decades. Liberty's does not.

---AVIS-Lite can be powered by an included adapter with battery backup, or live off batteries for 18+ months.

---AVIS-Lite is made in America, made to last, backed by a lifetime warranty. Liberty's: not so much.

AVIS-Lite is AVIS minus a few sensors. The full AVIS system has module anti pry sensors, vibration sensors, and antenna sensors: Full AVIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbot View Post
oops forgot you can get a wireless repeater and install it between your router and safe. it will boost the signal as it passes it down the line to the safe or router. under $100.
AVIS and AVIS-Lite have powerful signals and many customers don't even need to make the antenna external. I have tested AVIS with 70' long antenna extension cables with great success. So even if your safe location is 70' away from the range of your router, we can make it work low cost. If you're using a cell phone to test WiFi range, consider that AVIS can detect WiFi signals out to about 1.5 times the distance of cell phones.

Thank you for the interest and if you have any other questions/comments please PM me.

Last edited by Frozenguy; 12-06-2017 at 2:33 PM..
Old 12-11-2017, 6:03 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Bump