Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights If it aims your firearm, post about it here.

Old 08-26-2019, 3:21 PM

Question SCOPE AND MOUNT FOR VEPR 54

Hi, fellow CALgunners.

I got lucky and was able to find a used Molot VEPR 54. I was wondering for any of you that may own one. What is a good recommended scope mount and scope for the VEPR 54? Thanks to any one that can help. Would it be best to stay close to original as getting a POSP scope or is it better to go with a more modern scope mount like the one from Midwest Industries?
Old 08-26-2019, 3:56 PM

Hi, if you are right handed and right eyed i would go with a POSP. I am left handed and have a Midwest industries rail which allows an optic to be centered but it's just two things you'll have to buy vs 1 thing you'll have to buy.
Old 08-26-2019, 4:07 PM

Which POSP scope is good to go with? I read that the POSP is not really centered but not sure if that is true? Are you using a midwest scope mount with a POSP scope on your VEPR? Thanks for the information. I appreciate it.
Old 08-26-2019, 4:34 PM

If you haven't already, check out kalinka optics. Com. That is where I got my posp for my AK. I am very happy with it.
Old 08-26-2019, 8:54 PM

I was looking at the POSP scopes on Kalinka Optics. I see that the POSP scops are only fixed power and use a range finder optic. You know if there are any scopes that use a reticle style (maybe even have the option of a illuminated reticle) and variable power instead of fix? I do have a spare primary arms 1x4x24 scope that has a illuminated reticle but I don't know if it will be any good for use on the Vepr 54r. I will be mainly using the VEPR at the shooting range at a max of 100 yards.

Last edited by DragonFyre; 08-26-2019 at 9:12 PM..