Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 08-15-2019, 4:03 PM

Online Renewal Problem.

RSD site says class & training not required to apply.
But after uploading ID, birth cert., and bill's for proof of residency...I still get a message to upload required documents.
The only thing I can think of is the required class/training cert.
Anything I'm missing?
Old 08-15-2019, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcosis View Post
Yeah, ive been lurking for a long time. I got really discouraged when Riverside county wait time was 2 years, but checked back on a whim in June and saw everything was streamlined.
Same here. I moved out to this county in December, checked and saw that the wait time was around a year or more just for an interview. Checked back not too long after and found out that Sheriff Bianco is actually very pro-2A and now here we are.

www.theshootersblog.com
Old 08-15-2019, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofie View Post
I'm honestly lost if I cant use my profession as a good cause. Is riverside county strict on good cause statements? or will a generic self defense statement suffice?
Do you happen to camp a lot? Visit remote areas where emergency services and law enforcement are very scarce? Possible threat of wildlife or wild people during your outings? Are you concerned with the release of so called "non-violent" criminals which have resulted in a very recent mass stabbing attack right next door in orange county, and the death of a police officer not too long ago? Have you noticed an increase in smaller crimes as a result of AB109, Prop 47, Prop 57? Are you afraid that perhaps these criminals may become emboldened to commit more serious crimes? There are a lot of threats we all face as citizens of California, now even more so with bad legislation.

www.theshootersblog.com
Old 08-16-2019, 5:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GARhead View Post
Online Renewal Problem.

RSD site says class & training not required to apply.
But after uploading ID, birth cert., and bill's for proof of residency...I still get a message to upload required documents.
The only thing I can think of is the required class/training cert.
Anything I'm missing?
Just went through this - they want you to upload training docs once you've completed the training course. I went to the RCSD's Ben Clark facility for the range portion, received my cert as I left, uploaded them that afternoon and heard from them a few days later that my renewed permit was ready for pickup.
Old 08-16-2019, 10:00 AM

So training/qualification first then online renewal?
Thx
Old 08-16-2019, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GARhead View Post
So training/qualification first then online renewal?
Thx
I guess you can do it that way, but I completed the on-line portion of the renewal, got the interview scheduled, completed the interview, had the re-qual portion (range) scheduled for me by the investigator, performed the range training then uploaded the certs after that.

A couple of things to note: passport photos aren't needed, they take your pic at the interview, and; you pay for the renewal on-line so no need for any payment at the interview. I bring this up because the RCSD website hasn't quite caught up to the actual process yet, it still says you need the passport photos and that payment is due at the interview.

Also, the investigator told me that the re-qual certs should be uploaded after I completed my range time.
Old 08-16-2019, 11:21 AM

Received my call yesterday afternoon and made final payment. Iíve called to try and make an appointment for pick up, but did the rest of you just go without speaking to your investigator for pick up?
Old 08-16-2019, 9:54 PM
Veteran Member

So I heard through the grapevine that a CCW renewal had a negligent discharge into his leg recently... Please please remember to clear your weapons before taking them to Ben Clark and remember the 4 rules!!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 08-19-2019, 9:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coonhound88 View Post
Received my call yesterday afternoon and made final payment. Iíve called to try and make an appointment for pick up, but did the rest of you just go without speaking to your investigator for pick up?
did not need to schedule a pickup when i did it a couple months back. just needed to come during normal office hours to pick it up.
Old 08-19-2019, 11:30 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by eross24 View Post
did not need to schedule a pickup when i did it a couple months back. just needed to come during normal office hours to pick it up.
Same here no appointment needed. Drop by M-T 8am and 2pm, Friday 8am to 12noon. Bring your DL and tell them you're here for CCW pickup. They will ask if it's an initial or renewal. Wait 5 minutes and someone will bring out your permit.
Old 08-19-2019, 9:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdiddi View Post
Same here no appointment needed. Drop by M-T 8am and 2pm, Friday 8am to 12noon. Bring your DL and tell them you're here for CCW pickup. They will ask if it's an initial or renewal. Wait 5 minutes and someone will bring out your permit.
Follow this timetable. I made the mistake of believing the pickup times that were in an email sent to me to inform me my renewal permit was ready, and that stated M-F between 8 and 5pm. I drove from Huntington Beach where I'm currently working to the office on a Friday afternoon, arriving at 1530, only to be informed that no one was there to give me my permit.
Old 08-19-2019, 9:06 PM

Guys I would recommend to just email and ask as they are quick to reply. My investigator would not do any pickups on Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-20-2019, 9:07 AM

Default magazine limit?

I cannot find a posting in this thread stating officers in Riverside Sheriff Department is encouraging us to use the 15 or 17 round magazines for pistols qualified in CCW permit and these magazines were bought during the "freedom week" back in April or May.

I reached out to Larry Searles in Email and was told that it is not encouraged and should stick to the 10 round magazine limit.

Are you hearing differently as I would like to weed out the confusion.

You wonít get gun control by disarming law-abiding citizens. Thereís only one way to get real gun control: Disarm the thugs and the criminals, lock them up, and if you donít actually throw away the key, at least lose it for a long timeÖ Itís a nasty truth, but those who seek to inflict harm are not fazed by gun controllers. I happen to know this from personal experience.Ē

President Reagan
Old 08-20-2019, 7:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bargearse View Post
I cannot find a posting in this thread stating officers in Riverside Sheriff Department is encouraging us to use the 15 or 17 round magazines for pistols qualified in CCW permit and these magazines were bought during the "freedom week" back in April or May.

I reached out to Larry Searles in Email and was told that it is not encouraged and should stick to the 10 round magazine limit.

The deputies that were teaching the classroom portion of the quals at Ben Clark when I went (May of this year) said that it was okay to use ďstandardĒ capacity (15rnds/17rnds). I believed he said ďuse the **** out of themĒ. He basically encourage everyone there to carry them if we had them. At the end of the day, use at your own risk. 🤷🏻*♂️
Old 08-20-2019, 9:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofie View Post
I'm honestly lost if I cant use my profession as a good cause. Is riverside county strict on good cause statements? or will a generic self defense statement suffice?
You should lead with self defense as your primary reason.

Our reasons don't have to be too fantastic like carrying large amounts of cash to the bank or owning a jewelry store. I had my "interview" today and we went over my reasons for wanting a CCW. I got the feeling that I could have left out half the reasons I listed because I led with self defense. I listed the situations that put me at risk of becoming a victim.

List the places where you feel the most vulnerable. Do you go for walks early in the morning or during the evening? Do you often have to stop for gas late at night? Do you have to walk 50 yards to check the mail box in the evening? Do you work the swing or graveyard shift? Has there been a rise in crime coinciding with the growing homeless population in your area?

One thing they do not want to see in your good cause statement is that you want to be able to CC at work. This may add another procedural step to application process depending where you work ie. school, hospital, or any other government entity.
Old 08-20-2019, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bargearse View Post

I am not trying to be an ******* here but this has been asked and answered here many times. Please do the due diligence and look back through this thread and other counties. There are counties that have made a policy against using them after being asked 10million times when the law is very clear. Lets all stop asking a question because you cannot look through and read the context of the conversation for the sake of perceived convenience. Riverside county ccw unit is doing a fantastic job why make them be the bad guys?
Old 08-21-2019, 6:47 PM

For those of you who have amended your permit recently, how long between upload your training paper online and the call for pickup?
Old 08-21-2019, 8:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red22 View Post
I am not trying to be an ******* here but this has been asked and answered here many times. Please do the due diligence and look back through this thread and other counties. There are counties that have made a policy against using them after being asked 10million times when the law is very clear. Lets all stop asking a question because you cannot look through and read the context of the conversation for the sake of perceived convenience. Riverside county ccw unit is doing a fantastic job why make them be the bad guys?
THIS. Shut up and quit asking. SB County now has a strict limit as a result of people asking if it's okay. It's not illegal, therefore it is okay. The county also does not have any policies regarding modifications or magazine capacity. There are suggestions and recommendations, so use your best judgement.

www.theshootersblog.com
Old 08-21-2019, 8:27 PM

LEOs and instructors warn against using standard capacity magazines because of the civil suit that will most likely follow the criminal suit in a self defense situation.

Chances you'll need to use your firearm in a self-defense situation? Slim to none.
Chances you wish you had more than 10 rounds per magazine in a self-defense situation? 100%
Old 08-22-2019, 8:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Man View Post
LEOs and instructors warn against using standard capacity magazines because of the civil suit that will most likely follow the criminal suit in a self defense situation.

Chances you'll need to use your firearm in a self-defense situation? Slim to none.
Chances you wish you had more than 10 rounds per magazine in a self-defense situation? 100%
Exactly.

Plus... a LEO isnít going to provide documented proof that he supports your use of a standard mag. Next thing he knows, his email is all over the news, blah blah, heís in trouble. All the guys down at Ben Clark and the CCW unit weíre very supportive of using standard mags, EVEN BEFORE freedom week. They know itís a dumb law. They are as lenient as you can expect to be... in person. They arenít going to put it in writing for you.
Old 08-23-2019, 7:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by comandante costello View Post
For those of you who have amended your permit recently, how long between upload your training paper online and the call for pickup?
Took me 1 week.