Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism > CA Election Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CA Election Forum Discussion, Planning and Activism for California local elections

Old 08-03-2020, 8:36 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Wink Democrats’ ‘War Game’ for Election Includes West Coast Secession, Possible Civil War

Can't HARDLY wait!!!

Quote:
Democrats are contemplating secession and potential civil war as they game out possible scenarios for a closely contested election, according to a report by Ben Smith in a New York Times column Sunday.

The bulk of Smith’s column is devoted to the question of how the media will handle Election Night coverage, given that the result may not be known for weeks. Vote-by-mail, which many states have only recently adopted — ostensibly, to prevent the spread of coronavirus in polling places — could lead to an uncertain result.

However, buried near the end of Smith’s column is a report that Democrats have participated in a “war game” in which they considered several possible outcomes of the election.

In one scenario, John Podesta — the former chair of Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign, and a leading figure in party circles — played former Vice President Joe Biden, and refused to concede the election.

The result: the threat of secession by the entire West Coast, followed by the possible intervention of the U.S. armed forces:
But conveniently, a group of former top government officials called the Transition Integrity Project actually gamed four possible scenarios, including one that doesn’t look that different from 2016: a big popular win for Mr. Biden, and a narrow electoral defeat, presumably reached after weeks of counting the votes in Pennsylvania. For their war game, they cast John Podesta, who was Hillary Clinton’s campaign chairman, in the role of Mr. Biden. They expected him, when the votes came in, to concede, just as Mrs. Clinton had.
But Mr. Podesta, playing Mr. Biden, shocked the organizers by saying he felt his party wouldn’t let him concede. Alleging voter suppression, he persuaded the governors of Wisconsin and Michigan to send pro-Biden electors to the Electoral College.
In that scenario, California, Oregon, and Washington then threatened to secede from the United States if Mr. Trump took office as planned. The House named Mr. Biden president; the Senate and White House stuck with Mr. Trump. At that point in the scenario, the nation stopped looking to the media for cues, and waited to see what the military would do.
Notably, on Election Night in 2016, Podesta publicly refused to concede the election to President Donald Trump.

Joel B. Pollak is Senior Editor-at-Large at Breitbart News and the host of Breitbart News Sunday on Sirius XM Patriot on Sunday evenings from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. ET (4 p.m. to 7 p.m. PT). His new book, RED NOVEMBER, tells the story of the 2020 Democratic presidential primary from a conservative perspective. He is a winner of the 2018 Robert Novak Journalism Alumni Fellowship. Follow him on Twitter at @joelpollak.
Old 08-03-2020, 9:30 PM

Only have one problem with this scenario is the west coast will be too stoned to shoot straight and the war will be over by the end of the first joint. maybe all the democrats could be shoved into Los Angeles, San Francisco, Portland, and Seattle and shipped to china as cheap labor?
Old 08-04-2020, 1:02 AM
I need a LIFE!!

I think the civil war would be within the states that want to secede.
A bunch of Seattle and Portland yuptards would get their panties yanked over their heads if they really tried that stunt.
Old 08-04-2020, 3:53 AM

How are they not hiding child abusing pedo Podesta and his brothers in a deep well yet is beyond me.
Old 08-04-2020, 5:05 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by calihunter View Post
How are they not hiding child abusing pedo Podesta and his brothers in a deep well yet is beyond me.
I had the same thought. They certainly had enough information in his emails to warrant a serious investigation.

www.franklinarmory.com
info@franklinarmory.com
ONLINE STORE: http://franklinarmory.com
Franklin Armory - Manufacturer of Quality, California Legal AR's, the F17 Series rimfire rifles in 17 WSM, the Drop-in Fixed Magazine (DFM), and the CA7, CA11, and CA12 Rostered AR Pistols!
Old 08-04-2020, 5:19 AM

No one is seceding anywhere because the federal government won't allow it. The federal government owns almost half of the land in California and Oregon and over one quarter of the land in Washington.
Does anyone think that the powerful people who run the DNC are going to let California and all their blue electoral votes get away?
Old 08-12-2020, 8:47 AM

Political parties playing war games.... Seems like the world has been down this road before.

John 14:6
Old 08-12-2020, 8:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The War Wagon View Post
It would be entertaining to watch.
Old 08-12-2020, 9:16 AM
Veteran Member

JMO: I'd not put too terribly much stock in this.
The "people" who put on this event are an asylum full of globalist, communist pieces of crap.

All they're trying to do is scare / program the public into accepting the fact that they are AGAIN not going to accept the results of this election when it doesn't go their way.

Good to know regardless....always be vigilant and prepared.
Old 08-12-2020, 9:37 AM

Except seriously, this "civil war" would all be lawsuits and blustering. It would go to the Supreme Court just like it did for Bush. What would the military have to do with it? Unless these left coast states started an armed insurrection, the military would do nothing. Arguably they are already doing it, just with "protesters" instead of being actually led by the State government. And who would join this civil war? The people who are already protesting, perhaps. But who else? Nobody. Normal people, even Biden voters, have far too much to lose than to pick up arms and march off to battle just because they don't like how the election goes, knowing it changes again in 4 years. Risking tear gas and arrest is far far different than literally knowingly walking into combat. Especially since it would not just be against the military, but also against lots of other locals who aren't on their side. Of which there are many.
Old 08-12-2020, 10:14 AM
Veteran Member

I doubt anything remotely like this will happen, but if it does ... our opportunities for revenge will be limitless.

- Giacomo Leopardi
Old 09-20-2020, 4:13 PM

Civil war..... I doubt it from what I’ve seen is these people are all talk no action.... typical Karen’s always want to complain about the president but can’t look at what they allowed their governors to do
Old 09-20-2020, 4:24 PM
Calguns Addict

Wouldn’t work at least as far as California goes, most of California territory wise is deep red, and all that territory is what places like LA and SF rely on for daily survival in terms of food and water
Old 09-25-2020, 2:13 AM

Do you know what a war game is? If all the possible contingencies simulated at the Pentagon ever saw the light of day I am sure you would find some stuff that did not look great. You spitball to get a sense for what is feasible or reasonable and what isn't. It's a really bad look and I personally think Podesta is a piece of **** for this and many other reasons but considering civil war as a realistic possibility based on this report does not hold water to me.

And Trump just very publicly would not commit to a peaceful transfer or power when asked directly. So I'm not entirely sure why this thread is about the Democratic party and not troubling signals of post-election behavior by both parties.
Old 09-25-2020, 5:20 AM
Banned

Let them talk treason, and if they go ahead with it. All the better reason to hang them. A2
Old 09-25-2020, 6:30 AM

The sheeple are becoming easier to herd .
Old 09-26-2020, 5:20 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by superzeus View Post
Do you know what a war game is? If all the possible contingencies simulated at the Pentagon ever saw the light of day I am sure you would find some stuff that did not look great. You spitball to get a sense for what is feasible or reasonable and what isn't. It's a really bad look and I personally think Podesta is a piece of **** for this and many other reasons but considering civil war as a realistic possibility based on this report does not hold water to me.

And Trump just very publicly would not commit to a peaceful transfer or power when asked directly. So I'm not entirely sure why this thread is about the Democratic party and not troubling signals of post-election behavior by both parties.
Oh look, another that got lost on their way to the DU, and to think you almost made it a whole 4 years without posting here. "Win, lose or draw, will you commit to a peaceful transition of power?" isn't a direct question. Why should Trump commit to a peaceful transition in the case of a draw or a win?

223_jpg-1590683[1].jpg
Old 09-27-2020, 2:27 PM

On the President Chart, I say Zero/No Pain. I would vote for my cat at this point. Biden is just not there mentally anymore. If any of us forced a senior citizen to run for President, we would be in shackles before the judge first thing monday morning. This country has no hope if Biden is elected.
Old 10-01-2020, 12:52 PM

Let them. Then those of us making up the possible future State of Jefferson can give them the finger and tell them to go to Hades.

We would chose to stay in the Union.

I'm not paranoid, I know they're out to get me.

NRA Life Member
Old 10-01-2020, 1:02 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by howbobert View Post
Let them. Then those of us making up the possible future State of Jefferson can give them the finger and tell them to go to Hades.

We would chose to stay in the Union.
I forgot about that..... I'd totally move up to Jefferson.
Old 10-01-2020, 1:17 PM
Calguns Addict

How about a nice game of chess?
Old 10-01-2020, 2:24 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

I've said this before...I'll never raise a hand against the US Constitution, even if I don't like the way things are going...as long as they are done Constitutionally.

On the other hand, I don't owe an independent California "nation" the same loyalty. If the state were to secede, who do you think would run it within 18 months? Who has the guns in the state? I hope California tries to leave.
Old 10-01-2020, 2:38 PM
Veteran Member

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America. Not to some Marxists that want the state to secede from the union.
Old 10-01-2020, 2:50 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
I've said this before...I'll never raise a hand against the US Constitution, even if I don't like the way things are going...as long as they are done Constitutionally.

On the other hand, I don't owe an independent California "nation" the same loyalty. If the state were to secede, who do you think would run it within 18 months? Who has the guns in the state? I hope California tries to leave.

I'd open the US Military with wide open arms if CA literally tried to secede & the feds sent in troops to crush the rebellion.

Hell, I'd enlist!!!
Old 10-01-2020, 8:28 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrjonesUSA View Post
I'd open the US Military with wide open arms if CA literally tried to secede & the feds sent in troops to crush the rebellion.

Hell, I'd enlist!!!
I'd actually prefer an independent California. It would be nice to be free of the clutches of Chicago and New York City in terms of national politics.

It would be messy for awhile, but once people understand that the borders are now no longer wide open, there are no more free handouts, and the time necessary to run to ground all the current state legislature members, it will be a stable and prosperous country.
Old 10-01-2020, 9:27 PM

The U.S. Constitution has no provision for secession and the Supreme Court has ruled that no state can secede from the union (Texas vs White 1869). That basically means that a revolution is the only way a state can leave the union and become a country.
Since the federal government owns over 47% of the land in CA including major military bases and ship yards I'm pretty sure they would prevent CA from declaring independence. I also think that the powerful people behind the DNC would use all of their influence to keep from losing the guaranteed 55 electoral votes.
I don't see much of a revolution happening.
Old 10-02-2020, 10:11 AM

Not going to happen...
Old 10-02-2020, 4:17 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeBee49 View Post
the Supreme Court has ruled that no state can secede from the union (Texas vs White 1869)
That precedent is exceedingly poor law. Not only was the court packed with Lincoln appointees (Swayne, Miller, Davis, Field, and Chase), but one of them had been in Lincoln's cabinet (Chase). This was not a group that was apt to turn around and say that Abe led an illegal war.

On top of that, their ruling that the Founding Fathers intended the Union to be never-ending was based on wording in the Articles of Confederation, not the Constitution or Bill of Rights. They were not able to find guidance in the main law of the land, so they set it aside to use a document that our Founding Fathers had realized was flawed and chose to discard.

Since it was 1869, the government (dominated by pro-Civil War politicians) decided that was good enough for them, and they let the issue stand.

But the fact remains that the Constitution states that anything not directly addressed in the document remains the purview of the States. And Secession is not addressed anywhere in the Constitution or Bill of Rights. Bad case law doesn't negate that issue.
Old 10-02-2020, 5:19 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post

But the fact remains that the Constitution states that anything not directly addressed in the document remains the purview of the States. And Secession is not addressed anywhere in the Constitution or Bill of Rights. Bad case law doesn't negate that issue.
So what?

Constitution doesn't address abortion, either, and all abortion has is case law so poor even liberal abortion proponents admit Roe is awful.

Yet abortion is among the most jealously guarded "rights" in all of America.

Bad case law is, sadly, still law and therefore just as lawful as all other law. Texas is controlling.

Civil war remains a fantasy for those on the right who dream about having a legal avenue to shoot Newsome in the head, and for those on the left who dream about having a pair of balls.
Old 10-02-2020, 5:41 PM

So no one's going to bring up that the title of this post doesn't match the content of the article, and that it was a bipartisan think tank who ran multiple scenarios? Did anyone here read the linked article... or the link from within the article?

Unbelievable.

Last edited by pratchett; 10-02-2020 at 5:45 PM..
Old 10-02-2020, 5:50 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Let them have at it, I will await the treason trials with a smile.

Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.
― Thomas Jefferson

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams
Old 10-02-2020, 6:02 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedrrracer View Post
Bad case law is, sadly, still law and therefore just as lawful as all other law. Texas is controlling.
But because it's bad case law, it's controlling until it is not. SCOTUS precedents have been overturned before.

And I don't want to hurt Newsom. He would be safely escorted to the Mexican border. After his finances are seized or frozen.
Old 10-03-2020, 8:28 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratchett View Post
So no one's going to bring up that the title of this post doesn't match the content of the article, and that it was a bipartisan think tank who ran multiple scenarios? Did anyone here read the linked article... or the link from within the article?

Unbelievable.
"bipartisan"

Whatever dude there were "republicans" along the lines of mccain, romney, rick wilson, and other rabid never-Trumpers involved in this.

Might as well have been a subcommittee of the DNC.

"Bipartisan"

Old 10-03-2020, 8:40 AM

West Coast Split from the Union. In their wildest wet dream.

At best you might get territory of the cities, but not the whole states. Some SoCal Counties, San Francisco Bay Area Counties (limited), Portland and Seattle may split. But the vast regions of the West Coast would rebel against the Pro Biden faction. It would be just a dinky few blocks of CHAZ remaining. They would not last long. No food No water No electricity No Medical supplies,

Last edited by Harry Ono; 10-03-2020 at 8:47 AM..
Old 10-03-2020, 9:10 AM
Calguns Addict

Cool!
I'll help Arizona conquer us!

"Yeah, like... well, I just want to slap a hippie or two. Maybe even make them get jobs."

Old 10-03-2020, 8:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrjonesUSA View Post
"bipartisan"

Whatever dude there were "republicans" along the lines of mccain, romney, rick wilson, and other rabid never-Trumpers involved in this.

Might as well have been a subcommittee of the DNC.

"Bipartisan"

You... you do know what war games are supposed to do... right? And what think tanks are supposed to do?

I reiterate: the article is garbage, and I doubt the author even read the source, or the primary source behind that.

Q Anon conspiracy theories.
Old 10-03-2020, 10:04 PM

If the West coast secedes then no federal NFA. West coast patriots will probably manufacture enough communist-killing automatic rifles in 2 weeks to put the fear in every antifa between Mexico and Canada. After that, it's all about getting the flag back to 50 stars.
Old 10-04-2020, 7:46 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratchett View Post
You... you do know what war games are supposed to do... right? And what think tanks are supposed to do?

I reiterate: the article is garbage, and I doubt the author even read the source, or the primary source behind that.

Q Anon conspiracy theories.

You miss the point which is that you state that this "war game" was "bipartisan", which would mean CONSERVATIVES and leftists.

I'm merely pointing out that's not true in the least.

It's all DNC hacks, democrats, communists; especially the "republicans"