Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Shotgun discussions > Shotgun Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Shotgun Gallery Post pictures of your scattergun here.

Old 02-05-2008, 5:28 PM

Default 870 Tube Problem

Hey All,

I have a problem and figured you would have the answer. I have a Vang Comp tube extention on my Rem 870. It fits fine but I cannot load more than five rounds in the tube with out the follower getting stuck on these little little nipples that extend into the tube near the threads. Does anyone know what the deal is? With the Vang Comp barrel, Ghost Rings, speedfeed stock, sling, surefire light forend, etc., I have about a thousand bucks invested and would hate to not have an extention on it. Any help would be great!!!!
Old 02-05-2008, 5:33 PM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

No personal experience with the 870 tube extension, but I've heard that you have to either drill/grind out the dimples or pound them flat with something like a rod or socket.
Old 02-05-2008, 5:33 PM

you have an 870 express right?

youll have to get a dremel and smooth out the little nipples so that your follower can slide freely up and down. 2 minutes of work?

some people will recommend you use a 17mm socket and pound it in there to smush the nips, dont do that. it didnt flatten them out completely for me. some people have also gotten sockets stuck down there pretty deep
Old 02-05-2008, 5:39 PM

Thanks for the fast response. I really appreciate it. I'll break out the Dremel tonight. Take care.