Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 06-10-2021, 10:29 AM
alanwk alanwk is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 88
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepergeo View Post
^^^^That.

I suspect most of the folks moaning about NRA don't belong to NRA or CRPA, live in their 65 year old mother's basement, and probably voted for JB and KH because that is what SEIU told them to do. Sheesh.

And the battle is far from over.
You are so wrong. So very wrong. SMH
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 06-10-2021, 10:32 AM
JWil JWil is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Posts: 165
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

The NRA helped kill open carry in CA, so they can find themselves with a stick up their *** for all I care. So can Reagan.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 06-10-2021, 10:45 AM
Citadelgrad87's Avatar
Citadelgrad87 Citadelgrad87 is offline
Enemy of Antivaxxers
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 15,986
iTrader: 34 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanwk View Post
You are so wrong. So very wrong. SMH
Not wrong at all. If you claim to be an exception, you don't negate the rule. MOST people on calguns bloviating about "Well, NOW I won't ever give them money" every time there is an issue admit they never did give any money, they are just mining facts to support what they were already doing.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony270 View Post
It's easy to be a keyboard warrior, you would melt like wax in front of me, you wouldn't be able to move your lips.
Quote:
Originally Posted by repubconserv View Post
Print it out and frame it for all I care
Quote:
Originally Posted by el chivo View Post
I don't need to think at all..
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsig View Post
You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. J Beezy View Post
Unfortunately for you, I have the truth on my side and... I’m definitely better than you at what you make a living from.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 06-10-2021, 10:47 AM
vino68's Avatar
vino68 vino68 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,547
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacrat View Post
Another blissfully ignorant individual that is to lazy to actually do a little googling and become informed.

Because it is so much easier to sit at a keyboard and snivel.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 06-10-2021, 10:48 AM
vino68's Avatar
vino68 vino68 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,547
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

The NRA pulled financial support from California a few years back. Chuck Michel (CRPA) wrote about it in an edition of The Firing Line.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 06-10-2021, 10:53 AM
trouchelle's Avatar
trouchelle trouchelle is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Fremont, CA
Posts: 51
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWil View Post
The NRA helped kill open carry in CA, so they can find themselves with a stick up their *** for all I care. So can Reagan.
If you're implying that the NRA was in favor of the Mulford Act, that was proven to be a lie when FPC actually dug into the archives and found this:

https://i.imgur.com/rZTdNOV.png

As a free history lesson, open carry was killed in 2011-2013 by Jerry Brown, Portantino, and CA legislators with (D) after their names, but hey, many gun owners who's mouthfoaming at the NRA were probably 12 back then so they don't really remember that you could open carry handguns in California just ten years ago.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 06-10-2021, 12:43 PM
ja308 ja308 is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 11,286
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gleam View Post
....so he could be dressed on par with the professional appearance expected of a CEO running the largest and most powerful multi-million dollar civil-rights lobbying group in the United States, all while logging them under the NRA's operations and production budget for appearing at meetings with legislators, administrators, and delegates of national, state, and local municipality prominence both for AND against us, meeting with Congress, with firearm industry CEOs, appearing at collaborative meetings with leaders of other 2nd Amendment rights groups, meetings with financially influential supporters of the NRA, appearing at public speaking engagements, at NRA Townhall meetings, with the media, marketing presentations, appearing in NRA videos and interviews, all on behalf of OUR civil rights - EVERY DAY - while deducting the cost of those suits on the overall tax filings to get government to foot the bill, so not a single NRA member ever contributed one penny for those suits, neither out of annual or life-member dues, nor donations.

There. Fixed it for you.

You're welcome.
You got a point there Gleam ! But lets not forget the real reason California Slobs object too the well spoken , well dressed, effective leader Wayne La Pierre.
It is because they are jealous, envious and especially because they resent the success NRA has at holding back the international forces who have targeted our beloved bill of rights.
Its unlikely any of these would part with 35 bucks for anything that fights for American liberty .

Ive have suggested to lots of people who are not NRA members and so far recruited 5 who are an asset to liberty. 1 in 50 will bring up WLP as a reason for not joining . I tell each one to NOT join, because having ignorant, easily led people as members will hurt us more than help.


BBTA

Last edited by ja308; 06-10-2021 at 1:00 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 06-10-2021, 12:46 PM
OCEquestrian's Avatar
OCEquestrian OCEquestrian is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 5,621
iTrader: 16 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAL.BAR View Post
No need to continue to ignore it either. The NRA's time has come and gone. There are a number of other great firearms groups like the Firearms Coalition and CRPA that are doing the grassroots legal work the NRA USED to do before they started buying mansions and yacts for is officers and directors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAL.BAR View Post
You'd better watch out for your OWN defamation case there pal.

HERE IS the evidence that the NRA paid MILLIONS for La Pierre's house.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/nra-pro...ws-11565714149

AND information on the YACHT he "sheltered" on after a mass shooting for is own "safety". You don't think that the NRA DIDN'Tpay for that do you?

https://www.tampabay.com/news/nation...***-shootings/

Again, stop with the nonsense personal attacks. Just because you don't want to hear the FACTS doesn't make me evil. Hell I WISH the NRA weren't crooked and corrupt, but they ARE. get your head out of ..... the sand and look at the world as it is and stop defaming those trying to get you the TRUTH.
You either have no reading comprehension skills and/or you don't read the articles you quote as evidence. I cant wait to meet you in person and see you shoot. Quotes from YOUR articles highlighted in bold below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAL.BAR View Post
You'd better watch out for your OWN defamation case there pal.

HERE IS the evidence that the NRA paid MILLIONS for La Pierre's house.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/nra-pro...ws-11565714149

"When the Journal reported the aborted house deal last week, the NRA said the house was to have been purchased by a company owned by senior Ackerman executives, and Mr. LaPierre shut down the transaction after discovering that the ad agency intended to use NRA funds for the deal. “Not a cent of NRA money was ultimately spent,” an outside NRA attorney, William A. Brewer III, said then."


Again, READING IS FUNDEMENTAL....LMAO. You are an attorney? Really? Western States???

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAL.BAR View Post
You'd better watch out for your OWN defamation case there pal.


AND information on the YACHT he "sheltered" on after a mass shooting for is own "safety". You don't think that the NRA DIDN'Tpay for that do you?

"In the deposition, LaPierre said he did not pay to use McKenzie’s yacht, which came with a cook, a motor boat and a pair of Sea-Doo personal watercraft. He said he did not think using the vessel violated the NRA’s conflict-of-interest policy because the summer sailing trips were for security."

In FACT, AP News. ABC, CBS and the Washington Post all referred to the yacht as "BORROWED"! https://www.google.com/search?q=did+...hrome&ie=UTF-8


https://www.tampabay.com/news/nation...***-shootings/

And then there is this.... LMAO: https://www.businessinsider.com/obam...-guests-2017-4

and this...https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/09/n...y-epstein.html

I think we can all safety assume all your leftist, anti NRA drivel is based on the same reading and comprehension skills... LMAO.
__________________
“Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue.” ----Sen. Barry Goldwater
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." ----Benjamin Franklin

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member

Last edited by OCEquestrian; 06-11-2021 at 5:55 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 06-10-2021, 1:10 PM
ja308 ja308 is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 11,286
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCEquestrian View Post
You either have no reading comprehension skills and/or you don't read the articles you quote as evidence. I cant wait to meet you in person and see you shoot. Quotes from YOUR articles highlighted in bold below:





Again, READING IS FUNDEMENTAL....LMAO. You are an attorney? Really? Western States???




I think we can all safety assume all your leftist, anti NRA drivel is based on the same reading and comprehension skills... LMAO.
There are persons so devoid of honor, principle and information that reading their drivel is simply a waste of time.
When I see people parrot enemies to RKBA exactly like the sleazy New York media, I will no longer engage, but find the ignore feature most effective.
Good bye CAL.BAR

Last edited by ja308; 06-10-2021 at 6:42 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 06-10-2021, 3:02 PM
aklon's Avatar
aklon aklon is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: San Leandro, Alameda County
Posts: 2,646
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbin Dallas View Post
While I still support the NRA itself, I refuse to give them any further funding until Wayne is ousted.

He has done more damage to the name than any democrat could have dreamed for.
This will make Diane Feinstein extremely happy.
__________________
I refuse to humanize those who cannot be bothered to lift a finger to humanize themselves. The mentally ill need our care. The rest need the whip.

- Alexander Zubatov
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 06-10-2021, 3:37 PM
ja308 ja308 is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 11,286
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklon View Post
This will make Diane Feinstein extremely happy.
Yes not only Feinstein, but the entire democrat party, the UN and of course Bloomberg, Soros and the New York media !
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 06-10-2021, 3:47 PM
pacrat pacrat is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Socialist Republic of SoCal
Posts: 8,095
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWil View Post
The NRA helped kill open carry in CA, so they can find themselves with a stick up their *** for all I care. So can Reagan.
[1] ... Another blissfully ignorant troll.

[2] ... Another leftist Bloomturd acolyte.

Choose ONE.

Because all these anti NRA shills are using the internet to promote leftist agendas. They can't in any way claim that Mom doesn't have WiFi in the basement.

Hence their ignorance is either self imposed, or intentionally deceitful.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 06-10-2021, 4:09 PM
Two Shots's Avatar
Two Shots Two Shots is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kalifornia
Posts: 1,968
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWil View Post
The NRA helped kill open carry in CA, so they can find themselves with a stick up their *** for all I care. So can Reagan.
Don't worry, I donated enough to the NRA to cover what your membership would cost.
__________________
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."
- Larry Elder

Last edited by Two Shots; 06-10-2021 at 4:14 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 06-10-2021, 5:51 PM
dfletcher's Avatar
dfletcher dfletcher is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 14,004
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAL.BAR View Post
You'd better watch out for your OWN defamation case there pal.

HERE IS the evidence that the NRA paid MILLIONS for La Pierre's house.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/nra-pro...ws-11565714149

AND information on the YACHT he "sheltered" on after a mass shooting for is own "safety". You don't think that the NRA DIDN'Tpay for that do you?

https://www.tampabay.com/news/nation...***-shootings/

Again, stop with the nonsense personal attacks. Just because you don't want to hear the FACTS doesn't make me evil. Hell I WISH the NRA weren't crooked and corrupt, but they ARE. get your head out of ..... the sand and look at the world as it is and stop defaming those trying to get you the TRUTH.
When you editorialize that WLP "sheltered" on a yacht it belies your "I wish it weren't so assertion". There's criticism, then there's the "I'm glad I'm right" criticism without the constructive nature. And while providing information, when it happens to be accurate, can be helpful. But denigrating people for not reaching the conclusions you prefer - I doubt you know many of the people you address, it's presumptuous and poor form at best.

The CGSSF website "About Us" page misquotes the 2nd Amendment and should be corrected. That missing first comma is important. Aside from being inaccurate, omitting it gives credence to an assertion of the 2nd as a collective right.
__________________
GOA Member & SAF Life Member

Last edited by dfletcher; 06-10-2021 at 10:53 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 06-10-2021, 5:59 PM
dfletcher's Avatar
dfletcher dfletcher is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 14,004
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanwk View Post
Now that the FPC has helped to defeat the assault weapons ban, WHERE IS THE NRA? I don't hear anything from them. Very disturbing since they are always begging for money to fight this crap. Just my 2 cents.

Alan
FPC's good work should be heralded, I've donated previously. But the CA AW ban hasn't been defeated. If it has, please let me know where I can buy one in state - the C&R eligible ones out of state are a bit too pricey for me.

NRA spent about $35M getting Donald Trump elected in 2016. He got three new Justices to the Supreme Court. SCOTUS is likely the only place we will win this. Then you can return and ask the question again.

Or not.


BTW, here's a link to FPC - https://secure.anedot.com/cagunright...ne10hk45miller

Just responded to an e-mail by donating again. I presume you and everyone else posting about how poorly NRA performs will ante up to help us in state, yes?
__________________
GOA Member & SAF Life Member

Last edited by dfletcher; 06-10-2021 at 6:13 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 06-10-2021, 6:27 PM
71MUSTY's Avatar
71MUSTY 71MUSTY is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 6,175
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Default

I too am the NRA

since about 1968. I was about 10, Dad wouldn't take me hunting until I saved enough to join.
__________________
Only slaves don't need guns


Quote:
Originally Posted by epilepticninja View Post
Americans vs. Democrats
We stand for the Anthem, we kneel for the cross


We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 06-10-2021, 7:43 PM
skilletboy's Avatar
skilletboy skilletboy is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: GP, OR, State of Jefferson
Posts: 2,096
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncivil Engineer View Post
The NRA works through it's California affiliate CRPA within our state. Personally I like they do it this way. There are far too many people that will just shutdown once you say NRA. The CRPA doesn't illicit the same response.
Bingo. The NRA is like the Center in a Offensive line. He takes all the hits and keeps the quarterback and running backs safe from the defense. Leftists are so focused on the NRA, most have never heard of even the GOA or CRPA, etc.
__________________
Quote:
"If the American people come to believe that the government is no longer constrained by the law then they will conclude that neither are they." - Michael Cannon, Cato Inst. 2014
_________________________________________

Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 06-10-2021, 7:45 PM
skilletboy's Avatar
skilletboy skilletboy is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: GP, OR, State of Jefferson
Posts: 2,096
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfletcher View Post
FPC's good work should be heralded, I've donated previously. But the CA AW ban hasn't been defeated. If it has, please let me know where I can buy one in state - the C&R eligible ones out of state are a bit too pricey for me.

NRA spent about $35M getting Donald Trump elected in 2016. He got three new Justices to the Supreme Court. SCOTUS is likely the only place we will win this. Then you can return and ask the question again.

Or not.


BTW, here's a link to FPC - https://secure.anedot.com/cagunright...ne10hk45miller

Just responded to an e-mail by donating again. I presume you and everyone else posting about how poorly NRA performs will ante up to help us in state, yes?
Also not counting the 10 appellate justices, just to the 9th circuit ALONE.
__________________
Quote:
"If the American people come to believe that the government is no longer constrained by the law then they will conclude that neither are they." - Michael Cannon, Cato Inst. 2014
_________________________________________

Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 06-10-2021, 7:59 PM
CWL's Avatar
CWL CWL is offline
I Pity the Fool!
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,446
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanwk View Post
You are so wrong. So very wrong. SMH
So are you a member of the NRA? CRPA? You didn't really give a straight answer and I'm reading your response as an evasion.

Yes. I am a member of the NRA & CRPA, although not GOA.
__________________
Vae Victis
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 06-10-2021, 9:45 PM
C.G.'s Avatar
C.G. C.G. is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Central Coast
Posts: 7,712
iTrader: 20 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAL.BAR View Post
You'd better watch out for your OWN defamation case there pal.

HERE IS the evidence that the NRA paid MILLIONS for La Pierre's house.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/nra-pro...ws-11565714149

AND information on the YACHT he "sheltered" on after a mass shooting for is own "safety". You don't think that the NRA DIDN'Tpay for that do you?

https://www.tampabay.com/news/nation...***-shootings/

Again, stop with the nonsense personal attacks. Just because you don't want to hear the FACTS doesn't make me evil. Hell I WISH the NRA weren't crooked and corrupt, but they ARE. get your head out of ..... the sand and look at the world as it is and stop defaming those trying to get you the TRUTH.
I guess you don't read the FACTS you link.

From your linked article:

The house-purchase deal never happened, but conflicting explanations from the NRA and its former ad agency for the aborted transaction have renewed the focus on Mr. LaPierre’s financial dealings with the agency, Ackerman McQueen Inc.

So, the house purchase never happened and the rest is just a media drivel, it doesn't say who is doing the focusing (my guess would be CNN, AP, Huffpo and other left wing media).
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 06-10-2021, 11:20 PM
The Gleam's Avatar
The Gleam The Gleam is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,834
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAL.BAR View Post
You'd better watch out for your OWN defamation case there pal.

AND information on the YACHT he "sheltered" on after a mass shooting for is own "safety". You don't think that the NRA DIDN'T pay for that do you?

https://www.tampabay.com/news/nation...***-shootings/

Again, stop with the nonsense personal attacks. Just because you don't want to hear the FACTS doesn't make me evil. Hell I WISH the NRA weren't crooked and corrupt, but they ARE. get your head out of ..... the sand and look at the world as it is and stop defaming those trying to get you the TRUTH.
The NRA didn't pay a dime, and neither did Wayne. I know that for a fact, in the first person.

You obviously do not. But you then say they are facts, when they are just your empty implication - which IS based on libel and slander, and your attempts to propagate the same ARE toeing the line of defamation.

If you actually traverse further beyond the propaganda, and read up on those involved with that yacht charter, you'll learn the same.

But you don't want to. Because you have an agenda.

What's odd, is that you go a step further, and devoid of fact, sidle up and hold dear anti-2nd Amendment ACTIVIST Attorney General Letitia James as a your paragon of virtue, who's sludge-slinging NeoSocialist oppression-fest was solely lobbed just months before the Presidential election in hopes of silencing the NRA, which sought to caused chaos, dissension, and bad publicity to prevent the NRA from providing full views of opposing positions to the majority of the media's lop-sided and biased socialist agenda to push Biden/Harris into office.

Anyone could see that; to ignore that fact, says quite a lot about you.

You should stop making inferences that hold no clout especially when you're basing them on mere hearsay, wild accusation, alleged nonsense, and reconsider the ridiculous source of your position.

The suit, yacht, and mansion defamation has been proven false, and for you to keep peddling that absurdity makes you looks like a discordant despot coming here not as a gun owner, but as an outright screeching Anti-2nd Amendment shill.
__________________
-----------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarian View Post
What compelling interest has any level of government in knowing what guns are owned by civilians? (Those owned by government should be inventoried and tracked, for exactly the same reasons computers and desks and chairs are tracked: responsible care of public property.)

If some level of government had that information, what would they do with it? How would having that info benefit public safety? How would it benefit law enforcement?
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 06-11-2021, 5:55 AM
Corbin Dallas's Avatar
Corbin Dallas Corbin Dallas is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SD
Posts: 4,856
iTrader: 90 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklon View Post
This will make Diane Feinstein extremely happy.
Why would that make that old **** happy?

Not like the NRA has done anything in CA for years.


Name ONE bill they helped us fight and won. I'll wait.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 06-11-2021, 5:58 AM
Corbin Dallas's Avatar
Corbin Dallas Corbin Dallas is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SD
Posts: 4,856
iTrader: 90 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Shots View Post
Don't worry, I donated enough to the NRA to cover what your membership would cost.
And I've paid NRA enough to cover all your donations and your LIFETIME benefactor membership.


I just looked through all my payments to NRA and honestly, I could have bought a few hundred calguns members lifetime memberships when they go on discount at turners.

Standard memberships, a couple of thousand.

What's your point?
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 06-11-2021, 6:18 AM
OCEquestrian's Avatar
OCEquestrian OCEquestrian is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 5,621
iTrader: 16 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbin Dallas View Post
Why would that make that old **** happy?

Not like the NRA has done anything in CA for years.


Name ONE bill they helped us fight and won. I'll wait.

Duncan, et al, v. Becerra.

This case was filed in May 2017, in response to both a state bill and Proposition 63 which placed a ban on the possession of magazines that have a capacity of more than ten (10) rounds. The lawsuit challenges California's regulatory scheme against standard capacity magazines on the grounds that it violates the Second Amendment, Due Process Clause, and Takings Clause of the United States Constitution.

The court granted the plaintiffs' motion for a preliminary injunction on June 29, 2017, issuing an order staying enforcement of the possession ban while the case is being litigated. The State appealed the preliminary injunction order to the Ninth Circuit, but the District Court rejected the State's request to stay the case pending appeal. Briefing of the appeal was completed and oral argument was heard on May 14, 2018. On July 17, 2018, the Ninth Circuit affirmed the temporary injunction order.

In the District Court, plaintiffs filed a motion for summary judgment, which was argued on May 10, 2018. On March 29, 2019, the District Court issued a ruling in favor of the plaintiffs and permanently enjoined the California magazine ban.

California appealed to the United States Circuit Court for the Ninth Circuit. The case was fully briefed and oral arguments were held on April 2, 2020. On August 14, 2020, a panel of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, applying the strict scrutiny standard to the ten round magazine ban, affirmed the District Court's grant of summary judgment in favor of the applicants. California sought en banc review. The applicants filed their opposition on September 18, 2020. The parties are awaiting a decision from the Court.
__________________
“Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue.” ----Sen. Barry Goldwater
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." ----Benjamin Franklin

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 06-11-2021, 8:12 AM
emgee00's Avatar
emgee00 emgee00 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Simi Valley
Posts: 2,756
iTrader: 108 / 100%
Default



This is the Demoncrats dream to create fighting amongst the ranks and try to diminish the largest gun lobby in the United States Keep up the great work for the other side and then we will be screaming one day when all our rights have been taken. Don’t throw out the baby with the bath water. If you asked the FPC or any organization if the NRA was still relevant and needed, I guarantee they would say absolutely. Wake up folks!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
WTB: Taurus Tracker in .17 HMR

Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 06-11-2021, 4:15 PM
dfletcher's Avatar
dfletcher dfletcher is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 14,004
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCEquestrian View Post
Duncan, et al, v. Becerra.

This case was filed in May 2017, in response to both a state bill and Proposition 63 which placed a ban on the possession of magazines that have a capacity of more than ten (10) rounds. The lawsuit challenges California's regulatory scheme against standard capacity magazines on the grounds that it violates the Second Amendment, Due Process Clause, and Takings Clause of the United States Constitution.

The court granted the plaintiffs' motion for a preliminary injunction on June 29, 2017, issuing an order staying enforcement of the possession ban while the case is being litigated. The State appealed the preliminary injunction order to the Ninth Circuit, but the District Court rejected the State's request to stay the case pending appeal. Briefing of the appeal was completed and oral argument was heard on May 14, 2018. On July 17, 2018, the Ninth Circuit affirmed the temporary injunction order.

In the District Court, plaintiffs filed a motion for summary judgment, which was argued on May 10, 2018. On March 29, 2019, the District Court issued a ruling in favor of the plaintiffs and permanently enjoined the California magazine ban.

California appealed to the United States Circuit Court for the Ninth Circuit. The case was fully briefed and oral arguments were held on April 2, 2020. On August 14, 2020, a panel of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, applying the strict scrutiny standard to the ten round magazine ban, affirmed the District Court's grant of summary judgment in favor of the applicants. California sought en banc review. The applicants filed their opposition on September 18, 2020. The parties are awaiting a decision from the Court.
FWIW, and this was pre-Heller, NRA went to court and got the SF handgun ban referendum overturned. As eager as I am to leave SF (fewer than 12 months now ) I didn't want to do it back then. The prospect of having to leave or figure out what to do with a bunch of handguns was bad. And IIRC NRA about the same time got the handgun ban in public housing lifted.

Not bills, but important nonetheless.
__________________
GOA Member & SAF Life Member
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 06-11-2021, 8:19 PM
32spoke 32spoke is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 146
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default Where is the NRA??

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gleam View Post
The NRA didn't pay a dime, and neither did Wayne. I know that for a fact, in the first person.

You obviously do not. But you then say they are facts, when they are just your empty implication - which IS based on libel and slander, and your attempts to propagate the same ARE toeing the line of defamation.

If you actually traverse further beyond the propaganda, and read up on those involved with that yacht charter, you'll learn the same.

But you don't want to. Because you have an agenda.

What's odd, is that you go a step further, and devoid of fact, sidle up and hold dear anti-2nd Amendment ACTIVIST Attorney General Letitia James as a your paragon of virtue, who's sludge-slinging NeoSocialist oppression-fest was solely lobbed just months before the Presidential election in hopes of silencing the NRA, which sought to caused chaos, dissension, and bad publicity to prevent the NRA from providing full views of opposing positions to the majority of the media's lop-sided and biased socialist agenda to push Biden/Harris into office.

Anyone could see that; to ignore that fact, says quite a lot about you.

You should stop making inferences that hold no clout especially when you're basing them on mere hearsay, wild accusation, alleged nonsense, and reconsider the ridiculous source of your position.

The suit, yacht, and mansion defamation has been proven false, and for you to keep peddling that absurdity makes you looks like a discordant despot coming here not as a gun owner, but as an outright screeching Anti-2nd Amendment shill.

Wayne repaid $300,000 for travel, also admitted fault for use of the yacht, and anyone can listen to Wayne’s deposition for themselves. I do not know exactly what the $300k was for, aside from the term “travel”
Wayne’s free use of the yacht for years, was a conflict on interest, since the NON profit is not permitted to accept “gifts” from someone the NRA does business with, and to those who dispute this, David McKenzie was/is being paid approximately $1,000,000 per month for media work for the NRA. The NRA has a policy to not accept gifts from people they do biz with, since it could cause them legal jeopardy regarding non profit compliance…. Non profits are public benefit corporations, and subject to rules, like disclosing gifts, or services worth $250 or more in value.
Failing to disclose/report these types of free goods/gifts/free rentals, is subject to strict scrutiny and required to disclose on 990 tax disclosure forms. The CFO of the NRA refused to sign off on the 2019 990 form due to irregularities that ethically prevent the CFO from signing off on them. The CFO lost his job soon after. Wayne has not submitted any financial disclosures for 990 submissions and therefore, cannot even be deposed upon them.
Back to the yacht… did Wayne feel more threatened by, fallout from the Newtown shooting or the Parkland shooting?? I ask, because there was a four month delay between the Parkland shooting and his nearly annual use of the yacht, Illusions.

I truly wish that the NRA survives this fiasco, but no matter how angry folks get upon this forum. The NRA can always defend 2A high ground, but when the NRA leaves an opportunity for a lousy politically motivated AG, that opportunity being the financial disclosures/tax compliance, then perhaps the NRA should have not been a public benefit corporation. I am an S Corp, and I can do what I want, just report it, all of it, to the govt…. Non profits are held to stricter guidelines and this appears to have been the cause the NRA to be in some hot water.
It sucks, and we will see how this plays out over the next two years.
For everyone, I suggest listening to Wayne under cross examination in the Northern District of Texas Bankruptcy hearing…


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by 32spoke; 06-11-2021 at 8:57 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 06-11-2021, 9:44 PM
The Gleam's Avatar
The Gleam The Gleam is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,834
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32spoke View Post
Wayne repaid $300,000 for travel, also admitted fault for use of the yacht, and anyone can listen to Wayne’s deposition for themselves. I do not know exactly what the $300k was for, aside from the term “travel” Wayne’s free use of the yacht for years, was a conflict on interest, since the NON profit is not permitted to accept “gifts” from someone the NRA does business with, and to those who dispute this, David McKenzie was/is being paid approximately $1,000,000 per month for media work .
The $300k wasn't tied to the yacht. And Wayne didn't "use" the yacht. That phrase right there is a misnomer and one James was hoping would be the case that didn't pan out.

David and Wayne are friends. I invite my friends out on my boat for fun, whether I have business with them or not; it's as simple as that. God forbid I should ever have them over my house for dinner!

But those prone to conjure hysteria will do all they can to conflate the issue, to call smoke where there is no fire, not even a Bic lighter - for self-serving purposes.

So while the yacht issue is not even as you are assuming above, I DO agree with you on your points, that with the NRA knowing they would be subject to scrutiny by their adversaries, every such t should have been crossed and every i dotted. They should have practiced better self-awareness that some such opportunist would crash into their books with a scalpel, solely for vindictive purpose.

You are absolutely correct on that, as they did seem to get a bit too cavalier in their tabulating, even sloppy, akin to what a privately held "for profit" company may have as a luxury. The machine was running so well they overlooked changing the oil at regularly prescribed intervals.

Yet, the NRA was targeted in this same manner back in the 1980's and 1990's, in much the same way, and after an exhaustive review, no elements of bad faith or innapropriate use of funds was found at that time either.

Should they have been more documenting of that in the advent of those times past - a big yes - but do
I believe anything of substance resembling criminal use of funds will arise out of this?

No, I do not - but that was never the point.

The goal was always, snd still is, to hinder and undermine the NRA leading up to the election, and now has devolved merely into wanting to destroy the most prominent and effective 2nd Amendment rights organization on the planet going forward.

James has voiced as much in her own words. She's in the pilot seat to do exactly what people like Harvey Weinstein always pined to do, but couldn't, and he certainly ran out of time, power, and money before he could.
__________________
-----------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarian View Post
What compelling interest has any level of government in knowing what guns are owned by civilians? (Those owned by government should be inventoried and tracked, for exactly the same reasons computers and desks and chairs are tracked: responsible care of public property.)

If some level of government had that information, what would they do with it? How would having that info benefit public safety? How would it benefit law enforcement?
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 06-11-2021, 9:50 PM
32spoke 32spoke is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 146
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

If the NRA survives this, I hope it helps sunset the career of James. Her office can’t be truly protecting her state, when she is tasking so many people/resources for going after the NRA. She truly maybe doing this for a party of one, Soros


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 06-12-2021, 9:46 AM
ja308 ja308 is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 11,286
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

James is a Soros superstar !
She will be a negative force against liberty, freedom and sovereignty until a redstate/blue state split. An occurrence unlikely to happen.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 06-13-2021, 2:28 PM
Corbin Dallas's Avatar
Corbin Dallas Corbin Dallas is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SD
Posts: 4,856
iTrader: 90 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCEquestrian View Post
Duncan, et al, v. Becerra.

This case was filed in May 2017, in response to both a state bill and Proposition 63 which placed a ban on the possession of magazines that have a capacity of more than ten (10) rounds. The lawsuit challenges California's regulatory scheme against standard capacity magazines on the grounds that it violates the Second Amendment, Due Process Clause, and Takings Clause of the United States Constitution.

The court granted the plaintiffs' motion for a preliminary injunction on June 29, 2017, issuing an order staying enforcement of the possession ban while the case is being litigated. The State appealed the preliminary injunction order to the Ninth Circuit, but the District Court rejected the State's request to stay the case pending appeal. Briefing of the appeal was completed and oral argument was heard on May 14, 2018. On July 17, 2018, the Ninth Circuit affirmed the temporary injunction order.

In the District Court, plaintiffs filed a motion for summary judgment, which was argued on May 10, 2018. On March 29, 2019, the District Court issued a ruling in favor of the plaintiffs and permanently enjoined the California magazine ban.

California appealed to the United States Circuit Court for the Ninth Circuit. The case was fully briefed and oral arguments were held on April 2, 2020. On August 14, 2020, a panel of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, applying the strict scrutiny standard to the ten round magazine ban, affirmed the District Court's grant of summary judgment in favor of the applicants. California sought en banc review. The applicants filed their opposition on September 18, 2020. The parties are awaiting a decision from the Court.
Out of all that typing you did, I saw no mention of what or how the NRA stood for us in CA.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 06-13-2021, 8:19 PM
JWil JWil is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Posts: 165
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trouchelle View Post
If you're implying that the NRA was in favor of the Mulford Act, that was proven to be a lie when FPC actually dug into the archives and found this:

https://i.imgur.com/rZTdNOV.png

As a free history lesson, open carry was killed in 2011-2013 by Jerry Brown, Portantino, and CA legislators with (D) after their names, but hey, many gun owners who's mouthfoaming at the NRA were probably 12 back then so they don't really remember that you could open carry handguns in California just ten years ago.
Fair enough. I did my own digging as well and yeah, they opposed it. I thought I had gotten my info from a reputable source, but I'll have to second guess that from now on. I already knew about the more recent buying of our conditional right, don't worry.

For what it's worth though - what good is open carry if it has to be unloaded? Sucks that you can't at all anymore but I really hope the recent wave of gun rights will get pushed in a more popular political direction. In my own experience, bringing the conversation towards race actually gets anti gunners on our side par 2A issues sometimes.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 06-13-2021, 9:12 PM
JWil JWil is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Posts: 165
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacrat View Post
[1] ... Another blissfully ignorant troll.

[2] ... Another leftist Bloomturd acolyte.

Choose ONE.

Because all these anti NRA shills are using the internet to promote leftist agendas. They can't in any way claim that Mom doesn't have WiFi in the basement.

Hence their ignorance is either self imposed, or intentionally deceitful.
Yeah, I was wrong about CA open carry, however;
What leftist agenda am I promoting? I head a Facebook group related in no way guns, and guess what the first thing hundreds of people see is. Anti gun control pic. I have talked to most people I know about gun control and its adverse affects. I have even convinced a few anti gunners to not be so adverse to citizens owning weapons.

Don't worry - I puked at the Bloomberg and Newsome ads, signed the petition to recall him, but I cannot look at WLP's 300K he had to give back, and think "yeah, I want to give them money" when he is in the seat. Not everyone who dislikes the current NRA is a leftist shill/man child in a basement. I used to pay them my dues.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 06-13-2021, 9:19 PM
JWil JWil is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Posts: 165
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Shots View Post
Don't worry, I donated enough to the NRA to cover what your membership would cost.
When my dues stop going to a 1M paycheck for piss poor ads and WLP, then I'll start paying again.
Huh, didn't realize you had to give an org money to criticize them. You had better start giving the dems money, to stay logically consistent.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 06-14-2021, 7:09 AM
ja308 ja308 is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 11,286
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Recruited 3 new NRA members over this past weekend!
Its great to associate with people who reject the New York, democrat party, partisan attacks on our underpaid EVP WLP.

Friends keep up the good work, promoting, recruiting and encouraging new members .
Lets not forget WLP got us to over 5 million members and is a formidable force for our gun rights.

As for cheapskates who have never had success in any of life endeavors and resent achievers. You are not needed or even wanted.

Comeonman pull up a chair ,pour a drink to watch multimillionaire adults play a kids game's. The media attacking our NRA encourages this !
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 06-14-2021, 8:27 AM
HKAllTheThings HKAllTheThings is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Newport
Posts: 576
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

https://www.instagram.com/nra/

Notice that there's only 1 post about the pistol brace change and no instructions on how or where to post your comments to the ATF. NRA is far behind.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 06-14-2021, 9:18 AM
OCEquestrian's Avatar
OCEquestrian OCEquestrian is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 5,621
iTrader: 16 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKAllTheThings View Post
https://www.instagram.com/nra/

Notice that there's only 1 post about the pistol brace change and no instructions on how or where to post your comments to the ATF. NRA is far behind.
There are far more important state and federal 2A fights currently and in the future than the pistol brace work around. If that is your litmus test for support, you aren't really much good in the fight.
__________________
“Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue.” ----Sen. Barry Goldwater
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." ----Benjamin Franklin

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 06-14-2021, 9:19 AM
HKAllTheThings HKAllTheThings is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Newport
Posts: 576
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

That kind of thinking is representative of why I find the NRA useless.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 06-14-2021, 9:51 AM
JWil JWil is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Posts: 165
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCEquestrian View Post
There are far more important state and federal 2A fights currently and in the future than the pistol brace work around. If that is your litmus test for support, you aren't really much good in the fight.
Well, what good is fighting if you lay down whenever they take something small? Isn't a fight which should be easy to win be a good litmus test? I mean, it's not like there aren't people who actually need to use a brace to use a firearm due to real medical reasons. That alone should stop the brace ban in it's tracks.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 06-14-2021, 9:55 AM
OCEquestrian's Avatar
OCEquestrian OCEquestrian is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 5,621
iTrader: 16 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWil View Post
Well, what good is fighting if you lay down whenever they take something small? Isn't a fight which should be easy to win be a good litmus test? I mean, it's not like there aren't people who actually need to use a brace to use a firearm due to real medical reasons. That alone should stop the brace ban in it's tracks.
I'll call bull crap on the medical "excuse".

Smh at all the brace owners who thought the SBR loophole (and yes, they all knowingly bought these as a work around the existing law) would never be addressed.

Pistol braces will be moot if the Democrats are able to outlaw semi automatic rifles...
__________________
“Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue.” ----Sen. Barry Goldwater
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." ----Benjamin Franklin

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 4:18 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2021, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.



Seams2SewBySusy

Tactical Pants Tactical Boots Military Boots 5.11 Tactical