Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 07-10-2019, 7:27 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Anyway I reside in California, the hot bed of the liberal left gun control activist, and I can’t remember a time when the NRA has chipped in funds to over throw the inane anti-2nd Amendment laws our state government has been passing. I’m getting real tired of this.
It is very hard to take someone who post something like this seriously. You are either extremely misinformed, or are intentionally posting misinformation. Either way, the results are the same, you are someone who can't be taken seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMo View Post
Almost every poll shows Trump losing very badly, yet poeple still believe some conspiracy. The party p[icked the weakest candidate so they have to own that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom2a View Post
Anything to protect Cheeto. Even though he just signed basically a gun confiscation order.
YES, TDS IS REAL, ORANGE MAN BAD

NRA Benefactor Member
Old 07-10-2019, 9:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICKSTER View Post
It is very hard to take someone who post something like this seriously. You are either extremely misinformed, or are intentionally posting misinformation. Either way, the results are the same, you are someone who can't be taken seriously.
So get serious and show me the money.... Inform me...
Old 07-10-2019, 11:20 AM

Quote:
I'm not attacking the efforts of the NRA, what I do question is are they supporting the defense of inane gun restrictions in California?? Or just acting in amici curiae??
If you look at the matters listed on the link, only a few of them are amici curiae briefs. The NRA contributes significant amounts of funding to all the other litigation efforts listed, even if its name is not on the case. And, it has been funding such litigation for decades.

NRA has pledged to spend every dollar in California than it takes in from here.

And that is not just for litigation. As you will see at that link, there are efforts to push back against regulatory bodies and municipalities, not to mention NRA has a lobbyist in Sacramento.

So, yes, NRA directly contributes significant amounts of funding to help fight for gun rights in California.

Last edited by sbrady@Michel&Associates; 07-10-2019 at 11:23 AM..
Old 07-10-2019, 12:52 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
So get serious and show me the money.... Inform me...
People have been informing you, you just choose to remain ignorant or intentionally misrepresent the truth. You came here and made the claim, Your are the one that didn't do any research to back it up. You are the one choosing to remain ignorant. It is not my job to show you anything, if you choose to post ignorant, untrue comments, that is on you.

Quote:
Almost every poll shows Trump losing very badly, yet poeple still believe some conspiracy. The party p[icked the weakest candidate so they have to own that.
Quote:
Anything to protect Cheeto. Even though he just signed basically a gun confiscation order.

NRA Benefactor Member
Old 07-10-2019, 1:19 PM
Veteran Member

Condor, you need to get a grip. Your allegations are false. Do your own research befor you come on here challenging others on things that are not true.

Most organizations are not perfect but the NRA and others do thier part in defending the 2nd amendment. If you dislike some of the fund raising mail. Throw it away and ignore it. Most of us get that from all the non profit orgs we belong to. That is how they raise funds...
John 3:16

United Air Epic Fail Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99Q7pNAjvg
Old 07-10-2019, 2:27 PM
Calguns Addict

He's not looking to be informed. He's flat out lying. He has something to say, but doesn't want anybody to defy him.

"“[S]cientific proof” of both gun-rights and gun-control theories “is very hard to get”; therefore, requiring “some substantial scientific proof to show that a [firearm] law will indeed substantially reduce crime and injury” is tantamount to applying strict scrutiny to, and almost certainly will lead to invalidation of, the law." - Kamela Harris

Lawyers and their Stockholm Syndrome
Old 07-10-2019, 3:08 PM

Quote:
People have been informing you, you just choose to remain ignorant or intentionally misrepresent the truth. You came here and made the claim, Your are the one that didn't do any research to back it up. You are the one choosing to remain ignorant. It is not my job to show you anything, if you choose to post ignorant, untrue comments, that is on you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpage View Post
Condor, you need to get a grip. Your allegations are false. Do your own research befor you come on here challenging others on things that are not true.

Most organizations are not perfect but the NRA and others do thier part in defending the 2nd amendment. If you dislike some of the fund raising mail. Throw it away and ignore it. Most of us get that from all the non profit orgs we belong to. That is how they raise funds...
Quote:
=curtisfong;23195401]He's not looking to be informed. He's flat out lying. He has something to say, but doesn't want anybody to defy him.
Instead of getting answers I get knee jerk reactions from a few of the uninformed, and get debased by them as well. It's easy to sit back in anonymity and fling names and accusations. I've asked questions. So far I haven't had any of the naysayers offer any pertinent info other than to hit themselves in the forehead... So much for reading comprehension. I bet not one of them has ponied up a donation to the ILA or NRA lately.

Getting back to donations which was the original subject of this thread before it morphed into hostile name calling.... Another post by Sean stated that everything donated in California to the NRA is returned to California. What do we have?? 1/2 million +/- NRA members in this state at $40 dues per year comes up to a lot of bucks. Do the math. Who benefits from these funds? Where does it go?? Simple questions... Don't get confused...
Old 07-10-2019, 3:20 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Instead of getting answers I get knee jerk reactions from a few of the uninformed, and get debased by them as well. It's easy to sit back in anonymity and fling names and accusations. I've asked questions. So far I haven't had any of the naysayers offer any pertinent info other than to hit themselves in the forehead... So much for reading comprehension. I bet not one of them has ponied up a donation to the ILA or NRA lately.

Getting back to donations which was the original subject of this thread before it morphed into hostile name calling.... Another post by Sean stated that everything donated in California to the NRA is returned to California. What do we have?? 1/2 million +/- NRA members in this state at $40 dues per year comes up to a lot of bucks. Do the math. Who benefits from these funds? Where does it go?? Simple questions... Don't get confused...
No, you get the reactions you deserve for trolling for a reaction and posting garbage that you can't back up. No one is going to take a like you seriously. Those that have linked info for you, which you chose to ignore, just showed why taking you seriously is a waste of time. All you will do when proven wrong is pretend that you weren't and move the goalpost.

Quote:
Quote:

NRA Benefactor Member

Last edited by TRICKSTER; 07-10-2019 at 3:22 PM..
Old 07-10-2019, 4:30 PM

Here you go Condor:

https://www.nraila.org/campaigns/cal...ht-california/
Old 07-10-2019, 6:37 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Or they are just finding out about all the new laws. Then blaming the NRA for them passing.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 07-10-2019, 7:00 PM

Quote:
No, you get the reactions you deserve for trolling for a reaction and posting garbage that you can't back up. No one is going to take a like you seriously. Those that have linked info for you, which you chose to ignore, just showed why taking you seriously is a waste of time. All you will do when proven wrong is pretend that you weren't and move the goalpost.
You old silver tongued devil you.... How's the forehead holding out??
Old 07-10-2019, 7:01 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:

Here, I'll help you lose that bet - $100.00 from a Life Member.

https://donate.nra.org/ThankYou

For anyone else to contribute, including you -

https://donate.nra.org/donate

CA gunowners need look no further than their bathroom mirrors to learn why we're in such rough shape. Lousy participation in the NRA, endless nitpicking over Republican candidates (he was a bankster, I can't vote for that ....) or a toxic reaction to single issue voting and the ever popular "other issues are really important to me" mantra. I'm surprised NRA spends a dime in this state.

Last edited by dfletcher; 07-10-2019 at 7:06 PM..
Old 07-10-2019, 7:13 PM
Calguns Addict

while they may have some internal problems right now which I really hope they get sorted out real soon.
The NRA is the largest and only nationally recognized 2A group. They understand that us here in CA are the front line and they fight here with.....

Never make yourself too available or useful...... Semper Fidelis

John Dickerson: What keeps you awake at night?
James Mattis: Nothing, I keep other people awake at night.

Old 07-10-2019, 7:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrady@Michel&Associates View Post
Thanks Sean... Probably the best website I've seen so far pertaining to California gun actions.... Now how many of those actions are funded by the NRA and how many are funded by California pro-gun .orgs?? Or maybe shared?? The reason I ask is with all the NRA money being generated by Calif. members, and returned to the state,... Why am I getting hit... no bombarded... by those .orgs with one crisis after another, and never meeting their fund goals... Always falling short?? This never happened until I started donating.. MOF I donate to the NRA and two Ca.orgs, but am getting hit by other CA.orgs. as well.. Is my info being shared??
Old 07-10-2019, 8:11 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Thanks Sean... Probably the best website I've seen so far pertaining to California gun actions.... Now how many of those actions are funded by the NRA and how many are funded by California pro-gun .orgs?? Or maybe shared?? The reason I ask is with all the NRA money being generated by Calif. members, and returned to the state,... Why am I getting hit... no bombarded... by those .orgs with one crisis after another, and never meeting their fund goals... Always falling short?? This never happened until I started donating.. MOF I donate to the NRA and two Ca.orgs, but am getting hit by other CA.orgs. as well.. Is my info being shared??
Wow, proven wrong, move the goalpost. Typical move.
Quote:
Anyway I reside in California, the hot bed of the liberal left gun control activist, and I can’t remember a time when the NRA has chipped in funds to over throw the inane anti-2nd Amendment laws our state government has been passing. I’m getting real tired of this.
But then again, if you never research something and intentionally remain ignorant so you can spread misinformation, I guess you can make the claim that you can't remember seeing the information. Ignorance is bliss.

Quote:
Quote:

NRA Benefactor Member

Last edited by TRICKSTER; 07-10-2019 at 8:18 PM..
Old 07-11-2019, 6:07 AM

Quote:
Wow, proven wrong, move the goalpost. Typical move.

But then again, if you never research something and intentionally remain ignorant so you can spread misinformation, I guess you can make the claim that you can't remember seeing the information. Ignorance is bliss.
Old 07-11-2019, 6:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfletcher View Post
Here, I'll help you lose that bet - $100.00 from a Life Member.

https://donate.nra.org/ThankYou

For anyone else to contribute, including you -

https://donate.nra.org/donate
Now is that $100 bucks a month, or for the year?? For the month...impressive!!. For the year, not so much.. And I get those auto-response 'Thank You's' all the time. Since your tossing out figures, how much have you given to support the CalGuns Foundation?? Or Gun Owners of California???
Old 07-11-2019, 8:23 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Now is that $100 bucks a month, or for the year?? For the month...impressive!!. For the year, not so much.. And I get those auto-response 'Thank You's' all the time. Since your tossing out figures, how much have you given to support the CalGuns Foundation?? Or Gun Owners of California???
Another example of moving the goalpost. Troll on dude.

Quote:
Quote:

NRA Benefactor Member
Old 07-11-2019, 1:09 PM

Default Email and social media fundraising solicitations

I can 100% confirm that neither NRA nor CRPA discloses (neither sell nor loan nor give) their member or donor email lists to anyone, including each other. These lists are fiercely protected. NRA has litigated over this issue to protect member privcy, and won.

Several 2A groups created in the last few years are interrelated and share or sell their email solicitation lists. They buy these lists (magazine subscriber lists are a common example of a list you can buy) or they build email lists with list-building strategies like “Sign the Petition” or raffle email campaigns that are typically more about list-building than effective pro-2A advocacy. Read their fine print and privacy policies!

List building is a science unto itself, with lots of consultants lining up to charge non-profits to help them do it. When an officer of a non-profit owns a for-profit “consultant” company that contracts with the non-profit, that’s an example of how these fundraising appeals can be abused through self-dealing and money siphoned away from the cause. These groups don’t do snail mail like CRPA and NRA do because mailing is too expensive (how many of those you get is a whole other subject). The fundraising appeals of many of these groups often vastly over-state their influence, especially at the federal level (where they have none).

So if you get a fundraising appeal from a 2A group that isn’t clearly branded as CRPA or NRA, and you never "joined" the group, then they got your email from a service or they built a list.

NRA and CRPA fundraisers only go out every so often, not daily or even weekly.

Also FYI, here is CRPA Statement of Financial Practices.

Statement of Financial Practices
No other pro-2A association is more scrupulous about avoiding financial improprieties than CRPA and its sister non-profit the CRPA Foundation. Donations and membership dues are closely monitored, budgeted, and reinvested into fighting for the rights of California gun owners. The CRPA has a Finance Committee that oversees bookkeeping and expenses, a fully informed board of directors, and accountants that scrutinize bookkeeping and expenses. CRPA also has a conflict of interest disclosure and review policy, a vendor fraud prevention policy, an expenses review and limitation policy and review process, and multiple other safeguards in place to make sure every donation is spent wisely and frugally. CRPA’s volunteer President Chuck Michel is paid nothing for his many hours of work because he believes in the cause and donates all of that time. Any legal work done for the CRPA or CRPA Foundation is done at significantly reduced hourly “non- profit” rates
Long Beach, CA 90802
Main: 562-216-4444 Email: cmichel@michellawyers.com
Gun law info: www.calgunlaws.com
Subscribe to Receive News and Alerts

Last edited by CDMichel; 07-11-2019 at 1:12 PM.. Reason: clarify
Old 07-11-2019, 1:20 PM

Quote:
Why am I getting hit... no bombarded... by those .orgs with one crisis after another, and never meeting their fund goals... Always falling short?? This never happened until I started donating.. MOF I donate to the NRA and two Ca.orgs, but am getting hit by other CA.orgs. as well.. Is my info being shared??
Based on what Chuck has explained, neither NRA nor CRPA is responsible for that. So if one of the two Ca.org groups you have donated to is CRPA, sounds like, by process of elimination, you can determine who the culprit is pretty easily.
Old 07-11-2019, 2:39 PM

That's good to know.... I'm well aware of how email lists are generated then sold from one org to another... It's all a numbers game. The practice stems from the insurance industry and their cold call tactics...or maybe the Hoover Vac Co... :-) However.. once your email is on someones list that does share, you're goose is cooked. Perhaps it's might be time to change the email address??
Old 07-11-2019, 3:33 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
This never happened until I started donating.. MOF I donate to the NRA and two Ca.orgs, but am getting hit by other CA.orgs. as well.. Is my info being shared??
Your own self inflicted ignorance of what is happening in Ca. Makes it obvious that CRPA is NOT one of the "other" orgs you reference.

Or you wouldn't have even wasted your time starting this thread.

EDITED ADDITION

I've been an NRA Member for 46 yrs. The only other 2-A org I belong to, is CRPA. I've never received any solicitations from any other org.

Last edited by pacrat; 07-11-2019 at 4:19 PM..
Old 07-11-2019, 5:05 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
For starters, it's about $100.00 more than 95% of gunowners contribute in a year, or even years. But it's $100.00 "for now" - I do it a few times a year.

I don't keep track of what I give, but recently did $250.00 to GOA. And SAF. Did CalGuns, but don't recall how much.

Your turn - impolite to ask without a give back. I'm sure the link still works. -

Last edited by dfletcher; 07-11-2019 at 5:08 PM..
Old 07-11-2019, 6:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacrat View Post
Your own self inflicted ignorance of what is happening in Ca. Makes it obvious that CRPA is NOT one of the "other" orgs you reference.

Or you wouldn't have even wasted your time starting this thread.

EDITED ADDITION

I've been an NRA Member for 46 yrs. The only other 2-A org I belong to, is CRPA. I've never received any solicitations from any other org.
Ya know, I'm getting the impression, but for a few, I have been wasting my time... No one seems to be concerned about the bloated salaries and expense accounts of the NRA, a non-profit organization, like I am. I'm a member of the NRA for many years in good standing, and when I question the practices for the most part all I get is a bunch of 'Good Ol' Boy' torts. For those GOB's I wish you well, and BTW I have a piece of a bridge I'd like to sell you. So you win. I'm outta here, and off this board, and a few others as well. I don't need this BS...
Old 07-11-2019, 8:03 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Ya know, I'm getting the impression, but for a few, I have been wasting my time... No one seems to be concerned about the bloated salaries and expense accounts of the NRA, a non-profit organization, like I am. I'm a member of the NRA for many years in good standing, and when I question the practices for the most part all I get is a bunch of 'Good Ol' Boy' torts. For those GOB's I wish you well, and BTW I have a piece of a bridge I'd like to sell you. So you win. I'm outta here, and off this board, and a few others as well. I don't need this BS...
Let's review, this is your claim........

Quote:
A totally ignorant and inaccurate statement. You then ignored factual information and moved the goalpost every time someone showed that you were wrong. Now you melt like a snowflake and pretend that you are somehow a victim. Good riddance, another gone. But then again I bet you won't really leave.

Quote:
Quote:

NRA Benefactor Member
Old 07-12-2019, 6:15 AM

I don't know Wayne LaPierre from Adam, but he seems to be caught up in his own agendas, that may or may not coincide with us regaining our rights. When board members that I like are stripped of any authority and those that I don't know close ranks around LaPierre, as if HE ALONE can only control the destiny of the NRA, something doesn't smell right. LaPierre has to go. He can continue to volunteer if he wants, but he shouldn't be getting any more of our money.