Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Coronavirus/COVID19 Temp Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Coronavirus/COVID19 Temp Forum This is a temporary forum for discussion, debate, sharing and helping each other during and in relation to the Coronavirus/COVID19

Old 01-17-2021, 8:20 AM
Waiting for Abs
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Default Yo, AZ folks

Is this your understanding?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/arizona..._copyURL_share
Old 01-17-2021, 8:26 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

(I'm not in AZ) but those look like rookie numbers and rates compared to LA County or CA as a whole!
Old 01-17-2021, 9:03 AM
Veteran Member

Sez who ? Here in the SFO region we are constantly told it is Los Angeles !! But is it, actually its wherever the Suck arse media says it is ! Just my not very humble point of view.

Psalm 1
Old 01-17-2021, 1:01 PM
CGSSA Leader

My brother works adult protective services in Tucson, and what he's telling me is completely consistent with that article.

Still not as bad as LA, but hey, it's LA. Everyone expects that.

Ask me about Appleseed! Send a PM or see me in the Appleseed subforum.
Old 01-17-2021, 1:25 PM

I just came back from church. We have been meeting since April. People in the church have gotten Covid. Fortunately none that we know of in a 600 member congregation have died of it. Nobody has gotten it at church, though there was a crusade in Tempe in November where some folks got it.

We are going about our business, seeing friends, shopping, going to the movies and eating indoors at restaurants.

Some corporate places like Subways that voluntarily shut down have gone away and some mom and pops, but most mom and pops here are hanging on.

Two of the mom and pops that died supported commie red for ed with signage in their windows. I stopped going there, so no loss to me. Maybe the owners can become commisars or governent workers now.

I'm in the East valley of Phoenix. I have a feeling, not supported by evidence, that people in apartment dense high people per mile areas are getting it more. People are barely wearing masks here except for snowbirds and true believers, the kind who are out for a walk or in the car alone and wear masks. Maricopa County has 2/3 of the state's cases. Middle aged folks like me are getting hospitalized the least. It's all younger adults and senior citizens. Maybe they are nonmasking and going to crowded places more than anyone? I'm not seeing that but it could be.

Also, quietly, they are bringing patients into the state from Mexico and New Mexico.

I've driven in poor nasty cities and neighborhoods, where the Democrats dominate, and see the highest number of people on the streets wearing masks. They also have more stringent lock down orders.

Anyhow, just cause CCP and Democrats say to panic, I'm not gonna.

L.A. panicked and locked down and what good did it do them? They were miserable and bored before it got them. Meanwhile it should be obvious that their "betters" aren't following their own draconian rules.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

Last edited by PogoJack; 01-17-2021 at 2:40 PM..
Old 01-17-2021, 4:06 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Check the stats yourself. Positivity rates are sky high, but who knows what that means considering how crappy the tests are. ICU beds are at 93% capacity, but that's not all that bad from what I hear.

https://www.azfamily.com/news/contin.../interactives/
Old 01-17-2021, 4:54 PM

Hospitalizations have been dropping for the last 5 days, but not sure if the trend will continue.

Check here for the daily data as it is updated around 8:30AM Az time. You can drill down in the subcategories to see whatever you want-
https://azdhs.gov/preparedness/epide...ards/index.php

One caveat, they clearly state the hospitalization numbers reflect positive teasts as well as suspected cases.
Old 01-17-2021, 7:35 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime

My BIL age 72 got it after Christmas and spent 3 days in a Phoenix hospital, recovered and he was fine when I talked to him today. He has more longterm issues with Agent Orange than anything else.
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

Last edited by Californio; 01-17-2021 at 7:38 PM..
Old 01-17-2021, 7:35 PM
Veteran Member

Well they recently turned blue as a state, so not surprised.

Last edited by joepamjohn; 01-19-2021 at 8:17 PM..
Old 01-17-2021, 8:09 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoJack View Post
L.A. panicked and locked down and what good did it do them? They were miserable and bored before it got them. Meanwhile it should be obvious that their "betters" aren't following their own draconian rules.
Exactly.

"Give a conservative a pile of bricks and you get a beautiful city. Give a leftist a city and you get a pile of bricks."
Old 01-19-2021, 7:05 PM
WingDings HQ Contributor

The brink? We're on the brink?

Old 01-19-2021, 7:30 PM

Once again, as usual, no demographic information. Whenever I see that lack of information...what are they hiding, or not reporting on purpose? Just selling fear.
Old 01-20-2021, 2:09 AM

I am around freedom loving gun owners. No one wears a mask unless they need to enter a store. And even then many ignore the signs in my area. I have customers that had relatives, friend, coworkers with covid. All have survived it. Even 70+ year olds with severe health issues.

Private 10 acre range rentals
[/URL]
Old 01-22-2021, 2:12 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophil2 View Post
I am around freedom loving gun owners. No one wears a mask unless they need to enter a store. And even then many ignore the signs in my area. I have customers that had relatives, friend, coworkers with covid. All have survived it. Even 70+ year olds with severe health issues.
A friend's uncle, aged 94, was sent home on hospice to die. He got it, and recovered even better than before. He's driving around now. Weird but true.

The only real account of someone dying from Covid for me is my nephew in AZ. He's a firefighter and was picking up parts of a guy from the freeway after he crashed his motorcycle. On paper he died of covid since apparently he was positive.

I know four others who have signed up for a test, left early because of the line, and got positive results. Four of them.

I just simply don't trust what we're being told. We've been lied to way too much for me to believe anything that they say.

I just live my life. I remember when you were healthy if you didn't have symptoms. You didn't go get tested to see if you were sick.

It's all so weird. My gut tells me one thing and it isn't what the MSM, politicians, Big Tech are telling me. And my experience confirms my gut. It seems now that Biden is president* that there are stories coming out confirming my suspicions as well.

Go figure.
John 10:10

iTrader: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1888351
Old 01-22-2021, 2:31 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophil2 View Post
A local gunshop has a sign on the door to remove your mask, otherwise he'll think you're there to rob him and he'll shoot you. The town itself is under a mask mandate when in public.