Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 03-04-2024, 7:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by verdigris View Post
The livescan continues to be an issue for me. I submitted about a month ago and two weeks later I got a call from the sheriff office asking about my explosives permit. I told them it was for CCW so somebody entered the wrong information. I went ahead and did my livescan again and got a second call from the sheriff office saying it was "invalid submission" That my DOB or OATI number was incorrect from original submission. Everything on both livescan's was correct and the attachment that the sheriff office sent me all that info was correct so I don't know what's wrong. The UPS location was no help they said they did everything correct on thier end and would cost me to do again. I don't trust them and its over two weeks out to get an appt at the sheriff office for them to do them. I've emailed the DOJ on what's wrong and no answer and nobody will talk to you when you try to call.

Any suggestions? might have to bite the bullet and set appt, wait another couple weeks to do at sheriff office....what a pain in the ***.

LiveScan seems to be my hang up as well, I did a LiveScan 11/20/23 all 3 cleared by 11/22 its been just over 3 months now and the Sheriffs dept just keeps telling me they havent received my results yet from DOJ. I called the ups store and they said they did everything right and its a problem between doj and the Sheriffs office. I tried emailing doj but that got no where, the Sheriffs office basically was no help either. I called a different LiveScan place and they said 3 months was excessive and that its possible the ups store did not enter the ?mail code? on the livescan form and my results were either lost in the mail or lost at the Sheriffs dept. So I went to another LiveScan place who seemed pretty knowledgeable and did another LiveScan on 3/2/24 and hoping this time it makes it to the Sheriffs dept. fingers crossed

I went to AIM mail center by union ave boarder line san jose/los gatos area if your interested its appointment only Wednesday to Saturday
Santa Clara County CCW application date 4/14/23 Sheriff interview 6/1/23 Psych Eval 10/20/23 Psych interview 11/7/23 Email for LiveScan approval 11/17/23 LiveScan 11/20/23 LiveScan cleared 11/22/23 Waited just over 3 months to find out the LiveScan was some how lost between DOJ & SCC 2nd LiveScan 3/2/24 LiveScan cleared 3/7/24 Email approval for training 3/19/24
Old 03-06-2024, 1:44 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

So I went ahead and did my livescan for a third time today with the verify group in Campbell. They were helpful in telling me why I was rejected the second time. The first time UPS messed up and entered it as a explosive permit...found that out two weeks later when the sheriff office called me. I went down again and submitted again and they did put it in correctly as CCW but apparently it was a resubmission. You can resubmit for two different request it has to be a brand new submission.

I've emailed UPS to see if they will refund me since it was all on them for the issue both times but hopefully this time it I'll get the go ahead for training. what a mess...I even emailed and called the DOJ and three different emailed and phone numbers that they would give me and nobody could help me they just passed the buck saying to call or email these people and just got circle jerked.
Old 03-10-2024, 8:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route5.56 View Post
So I?m curious if anyone else had a Psych exam on Monday February 5th?
I had my exam scheduled for the 5th and I did the questionnaire days in advance. I got an email on Sunday morning the day before my exam, that said I will have the zoom link emailed to me later on that night or next morning. Took the day off. My exam time came and went. I emailed applicants@lepsinc.com about not getting my zoom link. Today I still haven?t heard anything. I got several emails leading up to the night before, but nothing with any link to virtual meeting/exam.

Did anyone else experience this?
This is me today. My exam is scheduled tomorrow at 8am. No links yet. I sent an email already. I've got at least 3 reminders about the exam and some docs are required to be uploaded- did that.

Have you figured out what happened? Did you eventually got rescheduled?

EDIT:
Appointment was Monday 8am. Links were sent 7:53am on the morning of. Pretty late, but good thing I was on my PC already hitting that F5 like there is no tomorrow. Now its done.

Last edited by qtrxist; 03-11-2024 at 10:02 AM.. Reason: Update:
Old 03-10-2024, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route5.56 View Post
So I?m curious if anyone else had a Psych exam on Monday February 5th?
I had my exam scheduled for the 5th and I did the questionnaire days in advance. I got an email on Sunday morning the day before my exam, that said I will have the zoom link emailed to me later on that night or next morning. Took the day off. My exam time came and went. I emailed applicants@lepsinc.com about not getting my zoom link. Today I still haven?t heard anything. I got several emails leading up to the night before, but nothing with any link to virtual meeting/exam.

Did anyone else experience this?
Any update?
Old 03-10-2024, 10:28 PM

Got a call from Sheriff's Department today that they are processing older paper applications. They have asked that if I am still interested in applying to do so through the new system (online) and they are working to fast-track these older applications. I did ask if they had added help to get this done and the deputy responded that they have brought back retired deputies to help with the processing.
Old 03-13-2024, 8:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Terminator View Post
Yippee!!! I joined CCW club today.

Online Application: 4/07
Interview: 4/19
Psych Eval Email: 9/25
Psych Eval Completed: 9/28
Psych Interview: 10/11
Live Scan Email: 10/24
Live Scan Date: 10/13 (CA 10/18, FBI 10/13, Firearms 10/21)
Training Email: 11/08
Training : Train2beSafe 11/18 -11/19 Bill Tidwell
CCW Approval: 11/29
CCW Pickup: 12/06
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr0ng View Post
My journey so far:

Application submitted: 3/15/2023
On site interview: 8/17/2023 (original was April 2024 but found a new spot after the influx of interviews in April 2023)
LEPS email: 9/25/2023
LEPS test: 9/29/2023
LEPS interview: 10/11/2023
Live Scan email: 10/24/2023
Live Scan date: 10/21/2023 (did livescan before email)
Live Scan Completed: 10/26/2023
Training email: 11/15/2023 (SCCS did not notify me on this date and I found out on 11/29 after I called them asking for status)
Training class: 1/20/2024
Approval: TBD
Pick up: TBD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw_Z28 View Post
Providing an update in case anyone is wondering how things are moving / not moving.

02/17/2023 - Initial application $72.33
06/21/2023 - In-person interview at SCCSO
10/20/2023 - Proctored Psych Exam $150
11/17/2023 - CCW Video Interview with Dr. Roberts
11/21/2023 - LiveScan $123
11/28/2023 - received SCSO email to proceed with LiveScan
11/29/2023 - LiveScan complete
12/19/2023 - Approval email for training
12/19/2023 - Paid for Saber Tactics 16-hour CCW course $399
01/27/2024 - Range date for qualification with Saber Tactics
Looks like y'all did your livescan AT LEAST after psych interview but before the actual request from SCCSO. I am planning on doing the same. Would it be plausible for the sheriff to turn down a completed livescan result because it was done 'earlier' than when they asked?
Old 03-14-2024, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtrxist View Post
Looks like y'all did your livescan AT LEAST after psych interview but before the actual request from SCCSO. I am planning on doing the same. Would it be plausible for the sheriff to turn down a completed livescan result because it was done 'earlier' than when they asked?
Based on all the comments of others that successfully obtained their CCWs, starting your Livescan a bit early after pysch 1 on 1 interview had no negative affect. All bets are off unless your answers were misleading. Good Luck.
Old 03-14-2024, 10:19 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Terminator View Post
Based on all the comments of others that successfully obtained their CCWs, starting your Livescan a bit early after pysch 1 on 1 interview had no negative affect. All bets are off unless your answers were misleading. Good Luck.
Thank you.
Old 03-14-2024, 12:59 PM

Somebody who uploaded their training and qualifications paperwork (the completed and signed Firearms Proficiency form and also the Certificate of Completion for their training) tells me that the status of Permittium Tracker remains "Pending Training Proof Submission..." despite the two uploaded training and qualification documents showing in the list of uploaded documents. This individual has not been contacted by the Sheriff's Office for 1+ week after the documents were uploaded, and the office did not respond to the emails or voice mail messages requesting to confirm that all necessary training and qualification documents are received by them. The incoming Spam mailbox is being checked regularly.

For those who applied through the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office, properly completed their CCW training and qualifications and submitted their training and qualification paperwork to the Sheriff's office:

1. Did you see your Permitium Tracker status change indicating that they received your documentation? How soon this status change happened after the documents have been uploaded?

2. How long did it take for the Sheriff's Office to contact you to arrange for the next steps in the process (payment of any extra fees? CCW permit pickup appointment scheduling?).

Thank you!
Old 03-14-2024, 1:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexSafeway View Post
Somebody who uploaded their training and qualifications paperwork (the completed and signed Firearms Proficiency form and also the Certificate of Completion for their training) tells me that the status of Permittium Tracker remains "Pending Training Proof Submission..." despite the two uploaded training and qualification documents showing in the list of uploaded documents. This individual has not been contacted by the Sheriff's Office for 1+ week after the documents were uploaded, and the office did not respond to the emails or voice mail messages requesting to confirm that all necessary training and qualification documents are received by them. The incoming Spam mailbox is being checked regularly.

For those who applied through the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office, properly completed their CCW training and qualifications and submitted their training and qualification paperwork to the Sheriff's office:

1. Did you see your Permitium Tracker status change indicating that they received your documentation? How soon this status change happened after the documents have been uploaded?

2. How long did it take for the Sheriff's Office to contact you to arrange for the next steps in the process (payment of any extra fees? CCW permit pickup appointment scheduling?).

Thank you!
1. I gave up using Permitium tracking. It clearly a way to keep track of applications and documents. I don't think they're updating the statuses periodically as we expected. I was approved the same day I submitted certification and paid the fees online.

2. I was contacted the next day to schedule an appointment for pickup.
Date of Email to schedule Psyche Test: 8/17/23 (Scheduled Appt. on 8/21/23)
Psyche Test Date: 10/20/23 | Psyche Interview Date: 11/09/23
LiveScan Date: 11/17/23| LiveScan Response Date: 01/02/24
Training Class Date: 01/27/24| Instructor / School: Saber Tactics
Permit Approval: 01/30/24 | Permit Issued: 02/02/24
Old 03-19-2024, 2:13 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Yeah, Permitium is nothing other than a portal for them to collect your application data. There is exactly zero functionality being leveraged by SCCSO to keep you at all informed of status using any aspect of the tool. It's willful incompetence in that regard, imho.

After completing training and getting the signed certs from the training company, I simply uploaded the documents into Permitium, then directly replied to the email entitled "SCSO - Training Required" with a single polite notification to the CCW people that I had uploaded my forms into Permitium as-directed (on Fri 12 Jan).

The following week, I received confirmation that I was "approved" and should make a final payment in Permitium (Wed 17 Jan). I made payment almost right away online. In my case, I received a phone call the following day (Thu 18 Jan) from non-sworn staff to set up for a pick-up appointment that same Friday (19 Jan) when the retired Captain was in-office performing the final issuance appointments. YMMV on the timing of this last step since there have to be open appointments on the days these retired folks are actually in-office to do the work.

Hope that helps folks understand the final steps a little better.
'Informal" email Background complete: 9/19
Email to schedule Psych: 10/27@1539 ($150)
Psych Test: 11/3@0800|Psych Interview: 11/9@0900 (Dr.McKenzie)
LiveScan: 11/9 (UPS Store $93+$25)|Livescan cleared: CA/FBI 11/9, Firearms 11/20
LiveScan Email: 11/17@0842
Training Email: 11/29@1007|Instructor: 1/10/2024 SaberTactics ($399+40)|Docs: 1/12
Approval: 1/17@1346 ($264+$7.96)|Pickup: 1/19@1030
Old 03-19-2024, 5:36 PM

I finally got my training email after performing a second LiveScan, the first one some how was lost between the DOJ and Santa Clara County. It looks like a lot of you guys went to Saber Tactics, what was the class like and anything I should keep in mind?
Santa Clara County CCW application date 4/14/23 Sheriff interview 6/1/23 Psych Eval 10/20/23 Psych interview 11/7/23 Email for LiveScan approval 11/17/23 LiveScan 11/20/23 LiveScan cleared 11/22/23 Waited just over 3 months to find out the LiveScan was some how lost between DOJ & SCC 2nd LiveScan 3/2/24 LiveScan cleared 3/7/24 Email approval for training 3/19/24
Old 03-19-2024, 7:11 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
So I went ahead and did my livescan for a third time today with the verify group in Campbell. They were helpful in telling me why I was rejected the second time. The first time UPS messed up and entered it as a explosive permit...found that out two weeks later when the sheriff office called me. I went down again and submitted again and they did put it in correctly as CCW but apparently it was a resubmission. You can resubmit for two different request it has to be a brand new submission.

I've emailed UPS to see if they will refund me since it was all on them for the issue both times but hopefully this time it I'll get the go ahead for training. what a mess...I even emailed and called the DOJ and three different emailed and phone numbers that they would give me and nobody could help me they just passed the buck saying to call or email these people and just got circle jerked.
Third live scan was the charm. UPS messed up both first and second time. First they inputed for explosives permit. The second time they corrected by resubmitted instead of doing a new live scan which caused the second rejection. Third time was done not at UPS and told me the issue of not resubmitting but new lives can. Got approval for training today and signed up with Saber and will be doing in class portion on April 13th. Also yesterday got my FFL 03 in the mail. Uploaded my number to COE and got its approval this morning so a good day.
Old 03-19-2024, 7:53 PM

Quote:
Third live scan was the charm. UPS messed up both first and second time. First they inputed for explosives permit. The second time they corrected by resubmitted instead of doing a new live scan which caused the second rejection. Third time was done not at UPS and told me the issue of not resubmitting but new lives can. Got approval for training today and signed up with Saber and will be doing in class portion on April 13th. Also yesterday got my FFL 03 in the mail. Uploaded my number to COE and got its approval this morning so a good day.
I just signed up for the April 13th class as well.
Old 03-20-2024, 6:24 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Well I’ll see you there then. It’s been a long time coming
Old 03-21-2024, 12:46 PM

Someone in this thread posted the freedom of information data for Santa Clara CCW permits a while back. Any recent updates to the number of permits that have been issued and how much of the backlog they have worked through?
Old 03-22-2024, 1:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT0617 View Post
I finally got my training email after performing a second LiveScan, the first one some how was lost between the DOJ and Santa Clara County. It looks like a lot of you guys went to Saber Tactics, what was the class like and anything I should keep in mind?
Feel free to send us a direct message if you have any questions about the class!

Premier Training for Firearms and Defensive Protection

http://www.sabertactics.com
Old 03-22-2024, 7:51 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Has anyone that received training on 3/16/24 gotten a phone call to pick up yet?
Old 03-27-2024, 1:26 PM

Am I just late to the party or just missed the discussion all together? On Monday, March 25th, the California Department of Justice published an emergency rulemaking package proposing to amend the Carry Concealed Weapons DOJ Certified Instructors regulations to re-include NRA instructors. I guess this fustercluck of a state realized they literally shot themselves in the foot. o_0

https://oag.ca.gov/firearms/regs/ccw-cert-instructors
Old 03-27-2024, 6:23 PM

Anyone know if Santa Clara PD issues?
Old 03-28-2024, 8:32 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonfan View Post
Has anyone that received training on 3/16/24 gotten a phone call to pick up yet?
Anyone?
Old 03-28-2024, 8:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonfan View Post
Anyone?
I completed training back 02/10/24 (submitted 02/13/24) and got approval letter 02/14/24. But i got call from Sherriff Office in 1 week 2/20/24 (Picked up permit 2/22/24).
Some people from my group picked up Permits same week 2/15/24 as we were approved. So it looks like Sheriff Office spreading out Permit issue appointments.
Also, make sure you didn't miss actual phone call from Sheriff Office.