Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Coronavirus/COVID19 Temp Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Coronavirus/COVID19 Temp Forum This is a temporary forum for discussion, debate, sharing and helping each other during and in relation to the Coronavirus/COVID19

Old 01-22-2023, 2:34 PM

Default I Asked Scott Adams If I Was The Winner

Here was his response.

Old 01-22-2023, 7:38 PM
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: Free in AZ!!! yes, it's worth the Pain to make it happen!

It would be more impressive if you told me that was ASR, or ballgag, or BM...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaphroditus View Post
It only has as much power as you give it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned
I know some things about a lot of things - and a lot of things about some things - but I don't know everything about anything
Quote:
Originally Posted by WartHog View Post
GET OFF MY CACTUS!
-----------------------------
"RIGHT POWER!"
http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w558/LBDamneds/Misc/III_zpsofbisb36.jpg
Old 01-22-2023, 8:12 PM

Why am I apprehensive that this is the moment when Dogbert comes in and tells us what we've won.
Old 01-22-2023, 8:19 PM
Made in the USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronsightsRifleman View Post
Why am I apprehensive that this is the moment when Dogbert comes in and tells us what we've won.
It's probably on the cutting-room floor of the chopped vid.
Quote:
Quote:
I know some things about a lot of things - and a lot of things about some things - but I don't know everything about anything
Quote:
GET OFF MY CACTUS!
"RIGHT POWER!"
Old 01-23-2023, 8:16 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned View Post
It would be more impressive if you told me that was ASR, or ballgag, or BM...
They're busy whipping up support for the next Leftist/Statist scheme
Old 01-24-2023, 7:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned View Post
It's probably on the cutting-room floor of the chopped vid.
Yes, it is. He implies un-vaxxed are not smart and simply lucky the data went their way this time, and while he is concerned about what the shots might do to him, he has no regrets, blah, blah, blah.
Old 01-24-2023, 9:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coq View Post
...He implies un-vaxxed are not smart and simply lucky the data went their way this time...
My take on his comments are different. He described twice, the unvaxed as having a distrust of government et al. and also having an heuristic approach to the issue rather than a purely analytical one.

I agree with him on this in that a purely analytical approach did not allow for the acceptance of that inescapable amount of grey area that is neither black, nor white as we wish it to be. If only decision making could be so easy!

It is good sometimes, to sit back and try to see the larger picture and not discount ones own instincts and gut sense in making decisions. The view from 10,000 feet can sometimes reveal important clues not visible when looking at that which is within arms reach.

In other words, just as important as it was to listen to what scientists were saying was to also discern which scientists to listen to and which not to. Vital to that was weighing politics, agendas (both hidden and open), motivation, propaganda, the silencing of dissent and pervasive subterfuge.

If the last two years having taught us anything, it is that we need to be much more careful about who we decide to trust.
Old 01-24-2023, 9:39 AM
Made in the USA

^^^ intuition is critical too... doesn't take any amount of intelligence - but you'd have to be pretty naive to ignore it.

basic analytically ability should have had most questioning all things covid... but we are living in an age of lazy and no accountability... many people (regardless of intelligence) rely on someone else to tell them what to do. Of course they are often the first to point fingers and place blame as well.

And here we are.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
GET OFF MY CACTUS!
"RIGHT POWER!"
Old 01-24-2023, 10:20 AM
Veteran Member

He can take his Catbert and shove it up his Dilbert.

"There is no reason to be alive if you can't do deadlift."-J.P.S.
Old 01-24-2023, 10:25 AM

It was not luck or intuition that caused people to avoid the C19 injections, and it is ridiculous to suggest it was luck that led anti-injection people to their conclusions.

We referenced past studies on mRNA injections (where all animal test subjects died), we noted the war against any and all alternative treatments, we saw the irrational push for wearing cloth masks, we saw “natural immunity” bad mouthed, we saw extreme censorship, the hiding of clinical data, numerous efforts to “force” the injections on people, immunity from liability for injection makers, absurd propaganda that only a child could believe, and many other clear indications of bad intent by corporations and government.

It was not luck, but rather focused investigation and analysis, that caused people to avoid all C19 injections.

Scott Adams cannot accept that he ignored and mocked all the indications and information indicating C19 injections were very likely extremely dangerous and ineffective.

Last edited by Elgatodeacero; 01-24-2023 at 10:29 AM..
Old 01-24-2023, 11:06 AM

Great summation there Elgato...Precisely why myself and most of my immediate family did not get the jab.
Old 01-24-2023, 2:01 PM

He is right on some issue and deathly wrong on others, exhabit A. What is telling is not that he is wrong. It is his inability to own it without trying to deflect it. Just like the well known "trust the science/data" experts here.
Old 01-24-2023, 2:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinfin View Post
My take on his comments are different. He described twice, the unvaxed as having a distrust of government et al. and also having an heuristic approach to the issue rather than a purely analytical one.

I agree with him on this in that a purely analytical approach did not allow for the acceptance of that inescapable amount of grey area that is neither black, nor white as we wish it to be. If only decision making could be so easy!

It is good sometimes, to sit back and try to see the larger picture and not discount ones own instincts and gut sense in making decisions. The view from 10,000 feet can sometimes reveal important clues not visible when looking at that which is within arms reach.

In other words, just as important as it was to listen to what scientists were saying was to also discern which scientists to listen to and which not to. Vital to that was weighing politics, agendas (both hidden and open), motivation, propaganda, the silencing of dissent and pervasive subterfuge.

If the last two years having taught us anything, it is that we need to be much more careful about who we decide to trust.
That guy's full video is pathetic. Anyone trying now to say "well, it was difficult to know who to trust," or "analytics told us the shot was good" or "you had to listen to the science"...whatever...sorry, but IMO those people applied nearly zero of their own critical thought. So if they come off looking stooopid, well...
Old 01-24-2023, 4:05 PM

I can still remember when the corporate media was trying to convince everyone C19 came from a bad bowl of bat soup!
Old 01-24-2023, 4:47 PM

He'll be dead in a year from a heart attack. Totally unrelated to the vax like all of the other heart related injuries.
Old 01-24-2023, 9:04 PM
Veteran Member

he still can't admit that other people made a more intelligent decision based upon available information.
no scott, we didn't get lucky because we didn't trust anything.
Old 01-24-2023, 9:08 PM

Quote:

both sides applied analysis in their approach. the anti vaxxers simply had the superior analytical ability.
Old 01-24-2023, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncage View Post
both sides applied analysis in their approach. the anti vaxxers simply had the superior analytical ability.
Some actually just knew and understood the science and therefore the truth ..... not the scripted story that others wanted the world to believe.

"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
Thomas Jefferson
Old 01-24-2023, 11:06 PM
Veteran Member

Old 01-25-2023, 9:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theLBC View Post
Yes, it's your imagination Scott.
Old 01-25-2023, 9:55 AM
TheAyatollahofRocknRolla!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by theLBC View Post
The left seems to really hate that turnabout is fair play.
"Let criminals out. Let illegals in. Let boys in the girls bathrooms. Condemn police officers. Abort babies. Pervert the children. Condemn Christians. Accept barbarity in the name of Islam. Overtax the hard working people. Coddle the lazy. That's the liberal way." -from a posting on "Yahoo"
Old 01-25-2023, 11:31 AM

Quote:

And this is where he's full of sh|t.
It wasn't through luck or lack of analytics or distrust if the government (or big pharma) for that matter.

There was tons of data in fall 2020 that I went over in detail.
ALL of the data was pointing to my age group being at a risk of 0.03% (including everyone with cancer, co morbidities and everything else).
Over 65 were 94% of all deaths.

This was before the vaccines trial was even complete.

By the time they rolled the vaccines out in Jan/Feb 2021 I knew I had time to wait and see the outcome. I was actually open to being vaccinated pending data.
By mid 21 it was clear the vaccines were not without risk.

So Scott Adams can try his revisionist history all he wants but he's full of it.
Old 01-25-2023, 2:32 PM

When in history did the government ever pay you to get a shot? That alone was a huge red flag. I mean if they really cared about people then diabetics would be getting free insulin shots as well right?
There was no way they could have tested it in such a short time and it's not about how many were tested but what were the side effects years later. That data didn't have time to reveal itself.
Then when they started pushing and forcing the shot the more I knew I made the right decision to avoid it at all costs.
Old 01-25-2023, 10:01 PM
Veteran Member

The government had just orchestrated a public coup. Treason abounds us under the white domes and steakhouses around those domes
Old 01-26-2023, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertarian777 View Post
There was tons of data in fall 2020 that I went over in detail.
ALL of the data was pointing to my age group being at a risk of 0.03% (including everyone with cancer, co morbidities and everything else).
Over 65 were 94% of all deaths.
I remember in late Feb. and early March 2020 even before the lockdowns, reading here on CalGuns that 99% of deaths were the elderly and immunocompromised.

And what I never hear anyone else saying, is that vaccine skeptics were the ones listening to conventional medical wisdom from 2019 and earlier. I enjoyed reading about disease and pandemics in the past, and the conventional wisdom was the idea of holding out until a vaccine arrived was a Hollywood fantasy. Regarding masking for the general public, in any book written 2019 or earlier, msking was never mentioned when it came to respiratory viruses, except for the masks of the 1918 being described with a single word: "useless". I know the popular press used masks as a defense starting with the Swine Flu in 2009, but that was in the mainstream news media only and no mainstream books on the subject promoted masking for the general public.

Furthermore, the conventional medical wisdom was that a safe vaccine takes a decade or more to develop. So if the odds of a working person is 0.03% (except for the older people in the office approaching retirement where the odds are maybe 0.3%), why would we rush into getting vaccinated?

Combine that with healthy skepticism of the hysteria of the first two years, and the vaccine skeptics didn't make some bold choice. They just followed conventional wisdom and did not fall prey to hysteria.
Old 01-27-2023, 9:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creeping Incrementalism View Post
I remember in late Feb. and early March 2020 even before the lockdowns, reading here on CalGuns that 99% of deaths were the elderly and immunocompromised.

And what I never hear anyone else saying, is that vaccine skeptics were the ones listening to conventional medical wisdom from 2019 and earlier. I enjoyed reading about disease and pandemics in the past, and the conventional wisdom was the idea of holding out until a vaccine arrived was a Hollywood fantasy. Regarding masking for the general public, in any book written 2019 or earlier, msking was never mentioned when it came to respiratory viruses, except for the masks of the 1918 being described with a single word: "useless". I know the popular press used masks as a defense starting with the Swine Flu in 2009, but that was in the mainstream news media only and no mainstream books on the subject promoted masking for the general public.

Furthermore, the conventional medical wisdom was that a safe vaccine takes a decade or more to develop. So if the odds of a working person is 0.03% (except for the older people in the office approaching retirement where the odds are maybe 0.3%), why would we rush into getting vaccinated?

Combine that with healthy skepticism of the hysteria of the first two years, and the vaccine skeptics didn't make some bold choice. They just followed conventional wisdom and did not fall prey to hysteria.
It got worse.
I remember reading an article in spring/summer 2020 about how the Spanish flu overwhelmed hospitals and they had to use tents.
And how they discovered being outdoors with good ventilation and sun improved those I'll with the flu materially.
I thought this was a turning point and they'd do more research into it and open outdoor areas.
Instead they doubled down on this stay at home crap and let more people get sick.

Data was very clear at the time that most transmission was occurring in the home (masked or not) and not in public spaces (and definitely not during BLM outdoor riots, something that actually proved to be true).

It was so blatant at that time that the lockdowns and mask mandates had zero to do with public health policy.

When I did more research into ventilators it was even more shocking how Gov Cuomo literally committed genocide and there were no consequences. Ventilators were killing people as were sequestering old people indoors with COVID infected 20 year olds.

I would have been more impressed if Trump said let's get this country exercising and he started a daily 15-20 min morning workout routine for the duration of the pandemic. That would have been true leadership and saved hundreds of thousands of lives alone.