Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Coronavirus/COVID19 Temp Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Coronavirus/COVID19 Temp Forum This is a temporary forum for discussion, debate, sharing and helping each other during and in relation to the Coronavirus/COVID19

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-22-2023, 2:34 PM
WingDings's Avatar
WingDings WingDings is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: California
Posts: 1,249
iTrader: 146 / 100%
Default I Asked Scott Adams If I Was The Winner

Here was his response.

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-22-2023, 7:38 PM
LBDamned's Avatar
LBDamned LBDamned is offline
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Free in AZ!!! yes, it's worth the Pain to make it happen!
Posts: 16,273
iTrader: 52 / 100%
Default

It would be more impressive if you told me that was ASR, or ballgag, or BM...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineGuntongue View Post
Music is magic - Wisdom is golden - Learning to navigate life better as we age is amazing and a choice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaphroditus View Post
It only has as much power as you give it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned
I know some things about a lot of things - and a lot of things about some things - but I don't know everything about anything
Quote:
Originally Posted by WartHog View Post
GET OFF MY CACTUS!
-----------------------------
"RIGHT POWER!"
http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w558/LBDamneds/Misc/III_zpsofbisb36.jpg
-----------------------------
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-22-2023, 8:12 PM
IronsightsRifleman IronsightsRifleman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 446
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Why am I apprehensive that this is the moment when Dogbert comes in and tells us what we've won.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-22-2023, 8:19 PM
LBDamned's Avatar
LBDamned LBDamned is offline
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Free in AZ!!! yes, it's worth the Pain to make it happen!
Posts: 16,273
iTrader: 52 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronsightsRifleman View Post
Why am I apprehensive that this is the moment when Dogbert comes in and tells us what we've won.
It's probably on the cutting-room floor of the chopped vid.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineGuntongue View Post
Music is magic - Wisdom is golden - Learning to navigate life better as we age is amazing and a choice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaphroditus View Post
It only has as much power as you give it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned
I know some things about a lot of things - and a lot of things about some things - but I don't know everything about anything
Quote:
Originally Posted by WartHog View Post
GET OFF MY CACTUS!
-----------------------------
"RIGHT POWER!"
http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w558/LBDamneds/Misc/III_zpsofbisb36.jpg
-----------------------------
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-23-2023, 8:16 AM
sd_shooter's Avatar
sd_shooter sd_shooter is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hill Country, TX
Posts: 10,513
iTrader: 81 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned View Post
It would be more impressive if you told me that was ASR, or ballgag, or BM...
They're busy whipping up support for the next Leftist/Statist scheme
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-24-2023, 7:45 AM
coq's Avatar
coq coq is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 733
iTrader: 27 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned View Post
It's probably on the cutting-room floor of the chopped vid.
Yes, it is. He implies un-vaxxed are not smart and simply lucky the data went their way this time, and while he is concerned about what the shots might do to him, he has no regrets, blah, blah, blah.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-24-2023, 9:31 AM
twinfin twinfin is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 808
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coq View Post
...He implies un-vaxxed are not smart and simply lucky the data went their way this time...
My take on his comments are different. He described twice, the unvaxed as having a distrust of government et al. and also having an heuristic approach to the issue rather than a purely analytical one.

I agree with him on this in that a purely analytical approach did not allow for the acceptance of that inescapable amount of grey area that is neither black, nor white as we wish it to be. If only decision making could be so easy!

It is good sometimes, to sit back and try to see the larger picture and not discount ones own instincts and gut sense in making decisions. The view from 10,000 feet can sometimes reveal important clues not visible when looking at that which is within arms reach.

In other words, just as important as it was to listen to what scientists were saying was to also discern which scientists to listen to and which not to. Vital to that was weighing politics, agendas (both hidden and open), motivation, propaganda, the silencing of dissent and pervasive subterfuge.

If the last two years having taught us anything, it is that we need to be much more careful about who we decide to trust.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-24-2023, 9:39 AM
LBDamned's Avatar
LBDamned LBDamned is offline
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Free in AZ!!! yes, it's worth the Pain to make it happen!
Posts: 16,273
iTrader: 52 / 100%
Default

^^^ intuition is critical too... doesn't take any amount of intelligence - but you'd have to be pretty naive to ignore it.

basic analytically ability should have had most questioning all things covid... but we are living in an age of lazy and no accountability... many people (regardless of intelligence) rely on someone else to tell them what to do. Of course they are often the first to point fingers and place blame as well.

And here we are.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineGuntongue View Post
Music is magic - Wisdom is golden - Learning to navigate life better as we age is amazing and a choice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaphroditus View Post
It only has as much power as you give it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned
I know some things about a lot of things - and a lot of things about some things - but I don't know everything about anything
Quote:
Originally Posted by WartHog View Post
GET OFF MY CACTUS!
-----------------------------
"RIGHT POWER!"
http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w558/LBDamneds/Misc/III_zpsofbisb36.jpg
-----------------------------
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-24-2023, 10:20 AM
FatCity67's Avatar
FatCity67 FatCity67 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,642
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

He can take his Catbert and shove it up his Dilbert.
__________________
LetsGoBrandon
FJB


"There is no reason to be alive if you can't do deadlift."-J.P.S.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-24-2023, 10:25 AM
Elgatodeacero Elgatodeacero is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,081
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

It was not luck or intuition that caused people to avoid the C19 injections, and it is ridiculous to suggest it was luck that led anti-injection people to their conclusions.

We referenced past studies on mRNA injections (where all animal test subjects died), we noted the war against any and all alternative treatments, we saw the irrational push for wearing cloth masks, we saw “natural immunity” bad mouthed, we saw extreme censorship, the hiding of clinical data, numerous efforts to “force” the injections on people, immunity from liability for injection makers, absurd propaganda that only a child could believe, and many other clear indications of bad intent by corporations and government.

It was not luck, but rather focused investigation and analysis, that caused people to avoid all C19 injections.

Scott Adams cannot accept that he ignored and mocked all the indications and information indicating C19 injections were very likely extremely dangerous and ineffective.

Last edited by Elgatodeacero; 01-24-2023 at 10:29 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-24-2023, 11:06 AM
Ivanhoe's Avatar
Ivanhoe Ivanhoe is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Central, CA
Posts: 574
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Great summation there Elgato...Precisely why myself and most of my immediate family did not get the jab.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-24-2023, 2:01 PM
GimpsUnlimited's Avatar
GimpsUnlimited GimpsUnlimited is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: North OC
Posts: 1,539
iTrader: 133 / 100%
Default

He is right on some issue and deathly wrong on others, exhabit A. What is telling is not that he is wrong. It is his inability to own it without trying to deflect it. Just like the well known "trust the science/data" experts here.
__________________
Lifetime NRA member.
--------------------------
Molon labe
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-24-2023, 2:31 PM
coq's Avatar
coq coq is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 733
iTrader: 27 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinfin View Post
My take on his comments are different. He described twice, the unvaxed as having a distrust of government et al. and also having an heuristic approach to the issue rather than a purely analytical one.

I agree with him on this in that a purely analytical approach did not allow for the acceptance of that inescapable amount of grey area that is neither black, nor white as we wish it to be. If only decision making could be so easy!

It is good sometimes, to sit back and try to see the larger picture and not discount ones own instincts and gut sense in making decisions. The view from 10,000 feet can sometimes reveal important clues not visible when looking at that which is within arms reach.

In other words, just as important as it was to listen to what scientists were saying was to also discern which scientists to listen to and which not to. Vital to that was weighing politics, agendas (both hidden and open), motivation, propaganda, the silencing of dissent and pervasive subterfuge.

If the last two years having taught us anything, it is that we need to be much more careful about who we decide to trust.
That guy's full video is pathetic. Anyone trying now to say "well, it was difficult to know who to trust," or "analytics told us the shot was good" or "you had to listen to the science"...whatever...sorry, but IMO those people applied nearly zero of their own critical thought. So if they come off looking stooopid, well...
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-24-2023, 4:05 PM
Elgatodeacero Elgatodeacero is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,081
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

I can still remember when the corporate media was trying to convince everyone C19 came from a bad bowl of bat soup!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-24-2023, 4:47 PM
Tango_Down's Avatar
Tango_Down Tango_Down is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Hill Valley
Posts: 1,162
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

He'll be dead in a year from a heart attack. Totally unrelated to the vax like all of the other heart related injuries.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-24-2023, 9:04 PM
theLBC's Avatar
theLBC theLBC is online now
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: the lbc
Posts: 4,466
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

he still can't admit that other people made a more intelligent decision based upon available information.
no scott, we didn't get lucky because we didn't trust anything.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-24-2023, 9:08 PM
johncage johncage is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 903
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinfin View Post
My take on his comments are different. He described twice, the unvaxed as having a distrust of government et al. and also having an heuristic approach to the issue rather than a purely analytical one.

I agree with him on this in that a purely analytical approach did not allow for the acceptance of that inescapable amount of grey area that is neither black, nor white as we wish it to be. If only decision making could be so easy!

It is good sometimes, to sit back and try to see the larger picture and not discount ones own instincts and gut sense in making decisions. The view from 10,000 feet can sometimes reveal important clues not visible when looking at that which is within arms reach.

In other words, just as important as it was to listen to what scientists were saying was to also discern which scientists to listen to and which not to. Vital to that was weighing politics, agendas (both hidden and open), motivation, propaganda, the silencing of dissent and pervasive subterfuge.

If the last two years having taught us anything, it is that we need to be much more careful about who we decide to trust.
both sides applied analysis in their approach. the anti vaxxers simply had the superior analytical ability.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-24-2023, 11:00 PM
gimebakmybulits gimebakmybulits is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 886
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncage View Post
both sides applied analysis in their approach. the anti vaxxers simply had the superior analytical ability.
Some actually just knew and understood the science and therefore the truth ..... not the scripted story that others wanted the world to believe.
__________________
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
George Washington

"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
Thomas Jefferson
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-24-2023, 11:06 PM
theLBC's Avatar
theLBC theLBC is online now
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: the lbc
Posts: 4,466
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-25-2023, 9:28 AM
twinfin twinfin is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 808
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theLBC View Post
Yes, it's your imagination Scott.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-25-2023, 9:55 AM
Dooligan's Avatar
Dooligan Dooligan is offline
TheAyatollahofRocknRolla!
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: East Bay
Posts: 7,362
iTrader: 29 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theLBC View Post
The left seems to really hate that turnabout is fair play.
__________________
Quote:
"Let criminals out. Let illegals in. Let boys in the girls bathrooms. Condemn police officers. Abort babies. Pervert the children. Condemn Christians. Accept barbarity in the name of Islam. Overtax the hard working people. Coddle the lazy. That's the liberal way." -from a posting on "Yahoo"
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-25-2023, 11:31 AM
Libertarian777 Libertarian777 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 566
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinfin View Post
My take on his comments are different. He described twice, the unvaxed as having a distrust of government et al. and also having an heuristic approach to the issue rather than a purely analytical one.

I agree with him on this in that a purely analytical approach did not allow for the acceptance of that inescapable amount of grey area that is neither black, nor white as we wish it to be. If only decision making could be so easy!

It is good sometimes, to sit back and try to see the larger picture and not discount ones own instincts and gut sense in making decisions. The view from 10,000 feet can sometimes reveal important clues not visible when looking at that which is within arms reach.

In other words, just as important as it was to listen to what scientists were saying was to also discern which scientists to listen to and which not to. Vital to that was weighing politics, agendas (both hidden and open), motivation, propaganda, the silencing of dissent and pervasive subterfuge.

If the last two years having taught us anything, it is that we need to be much more careful about who we decide to trust.
And this is where he's full of sh|t.
It wasn't through luck or lack of analytics or distrust if the government (or big pharma) for that matter.

There was tons of data in fall 2020 that I went over in detail.
ALL of the data was pointing to my age group being at a risk of 0.03% (including everyone with cancer, co morbidities and everything else).
Over 65 were 94% of all deaths.

This was before the vaccines trial was even complete.

By the time they rolled the vaccines out in Jan/Feb 2021 I knew I had time to wait and see the outcome. I was actually open to being vaccinated pending data.
By mid 21 it was clear the vaccines were not without risk.

So Scott Adams can try his revisionist history all he wants but he's full of it.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-25-2023, 2:32 PM
Tango_Down's Avatar
Tango_Down Tango_Down is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Hill Valley
Posts: 1,162
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

When in history did the government ever pay you to get a shot? That alone was a huge red flag. I mean if they really cared about people then diabetics would be getting free insulin shots as well right?
There was no way they could have tested it in such a short time and it's not about how many were tested but what were the side effects years later. That data didn't have time to reveal itself.
Then when they started pushing and forcing the shot the more I knew I made the right decision to avoid it at all costs.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-25-2023, 10:01 PM
BrokerB's Avatar
BrokerB BrokerB is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Folsom , outside the walls
Posts: 3,759
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

The government had just orchestrated a public coup. Treason abounds us under the white domes and steakhouses around those domes
__________________
Beans and Bullets
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-26-2023, 10:14 PM
Creeping Incrementalism's Avatar
Creeping Incrementalism Creeping Incrementalism is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Walnut Creek
Posts: 1,675
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertarian777 View Post
There was tons of data in fall 2020 that I went over in detail.
ALL of the data was pointing to my age group being at a risk of 0.03% (including everyone with cancer, co morbidities and everything else).
Over 65 were 94% of all deaths.
I remember in late Feb. and early March 2020 even before the lockdowns, reading here on CalGuns that 99% of deaths were the elderly and immunocompromised.

And what I never hear anyone else saying, is that vaccine skeptics were the ones listening to conventional medical wisdom from 2019 and earlier. I enjoyed reading about disease and pandemics in the past, and the conventional wisdom was the idea of holding out until a vaccine arrived was a Hollywood fantasy. Regarding masking for the general public, in any book written 2019 or earlier, msking was never mentioned when it came to respiratory viruses, except for the masks of the 1918 being described with a single word: "useless". I know the popular press used masks as a defense starting with the Swine Flu in 2009, but that was in the mainstream news media only and no mainstream books on the subject promoted masking for the general public.

Furthermore, the conventional medical wisdom was that a safe vaccine takes a decade or more to develop. So if the odds of a working person is 0.03% (except for the older people in the office approaching retirement where the odds are maybe 0.3%), why would we rush into getting vaccinated?

Combine that with healthy skepticism of the hysteria of the first two years, and the vaccine skeptics didn't make some bold choice. They just followed conventional wisdom and did not fall prey to hysteria.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-27-2023, 9:30 AM
Libertarian777 Libertarian777 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 566
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creeping Incrementalism View Post
I remember in late Feb. and early March 2020 even before the lockdowns, reading here on CalGuns that 99% of deaths were the elderly and immunocompromised.

And what I never hear anyone else saying, is that vaccine skeptics were the ones listening to conventional medical wisdom from 2019 and earlier. I enjoyed reading about disease and pandemics in the past, and the conventional wisdom was the idea of holding out until a vaccine arrived was a Hollywood fantasy. Regarding masking for the general public, in any book written 2019 or earlier, msking was never mentioned when it came to respiratory viruses, except for the masks of the 1918 being described with a single word: "useless". I know the popular press used masks as a defense starting with the Swine Flu in 2009, but that was in the mainstream news media only and no mainstream books on the subject promoted masking for the general public.

Furthermore, the conventional medical wisdom was that a safe vaccine takes a decade or more to develop. So if the odds of a working person is 0.03% (except for the older people in the office approaching retirement where the odds are maybe 0.3%), why would we rush into getting vaccinated?

Combine that with healthy skepticism of the hysteria of the first two years, and the vaccine skeptics didn't make some bold choice. They just followed conventional wisdom and did not fall prey to hysteria.
It got worse.
I remember reading an article in spring/summer 2020 about how the Spanish flu overwhelmed hospitals and they had to use tents.
And how they discovered being outdoors with good ventilation and sun improved those I'll with the flu materially.
I thought this was a turning point and they'd do more research into it and open outdoor areas.
Instead they doubled down on this stay at home crap and let more people get sick.

Data was very clear at the time that most transmission was occurring in the home (masked or not) and not in public spaces (and definitely not during BLM outdoor riots, something that actually proved to be true).

It was so blatant at that time that the lockdowns and mask mandates had zero to do with public health policy.

When I did more research into ventilators it was even more shocking how Gov Cuomo literally committed genocide and there were no consequences. Ventilators were killing people as were sequestering old people indoors with COVID infected 20 year olds.

I would have been more impressed if Trump said let's get this country exercising and he started a daily 15-20 min morning workout routine for the duration of the pandemic. That would have been true leadership and saved hundreds of thousands of lives alone.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:28 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2021, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.



Seams2SewBySusy