Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 09-13-2018, 8:16 PM

Default Differences between Glock triggers

I have several Glocks, all Gen 3. Out of all that I own, my G23 has a trigger that feels significantly better than all the rest. I have done the .25 cent trigger job on all it them to smooth things up. The G23 has a very clean crisp trigger break, almost like breaking a glass rod literally. My G19 has a mushier trigger. It still feels ok, but the G23 trigger feels significantly crisper.

I switched slides on the guns and the G19 with the G23 slide had the same crispness that the G23 always has. The G23 with the G19 slide felt the same as the normal G19 did, slightly mushy trigger.

This tells me there is a difference between the two slides. I switched both slides completely on the respective receivers.

So what is making the G23 have a crisp sharp trigger break and the G19 a sloppier trigger break? The slide on the 19 feels a lot sloppier when cocked than the 23 slide does.

The trigger on the G23 seems significantly better than the G19. They are both totally reliable, but how do I achieve the crisp break of the 23? What is causing this difference?
Old 09-13-2018, 8:50 PM

Since the nice trigger seems to follow the g23 slide, it sounds like it’s something in the slide. The polish on the safety plunger or maybe the firing pin or spring?
Old 09-13-2018, 9:18 PM

I honestly don't know what the issue is. The G23 has the best trigger out of all my Glocks. I have a g26, 27, 19, 23, 29sf, 30sf, 21sf.

I have shot a few hundred rounds out of the G23. It is significantly better than the other guns as far as the trigger goes. Maybe I should just order and install all new slide parts and see if it makes a difference.
Old 09-13-2018, 9:22 PM

Check the outward bend on the connector.
Old 09-14-2018, 12:05 AM

Maritime spring cups in the 23 slide?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2018, 5:18 AM

OP I have noticed the same thing you have when switching top ends on Glocks.

I was told by a Glock armorer that a Glock's trigger will feel different when loaded as well. The upward pressure of the loaded magazine on the slide causes a change in the relationship of the trigger bar and striker.

So the same Glock will feel different when comparing the trigger dry firing and during live fire.

Moral of the story is find what works for you and stick with it.
Old 09-14-2018, 5:27 AM

As for the specific issue of one top end causing a mushy trigger try part by part. Swap the striker assembly. Then the striker safety plunger/spring.

One thing to look for is the alignment of the small plastic cups on the striker spring. The area where the two piece cup joins should not be on top of the end of the spring.
Old 09-14-2018, 6:20 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Weird. Of all my Glocks, my Glock 23 has the best most crisp trigger as well. Probably just coincidence.

Remember to dial 1 before 911.

Forget about stopping power. If you can't hit it, you can't stop it.

There. Are. Four. Lights!
Old 09-14-2018, 1:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ5&G23 View Post
The slide has three things which could cause one slide to feed different than another: 1) firing pin spring, 2) safety plunger & spring, 3) firing pin (rough lug face?).
This is the correct answer. check all these things but it is probably #3.

Brownell's has 4lb. replacement striker springs which improve the trigger alot. NO need to mess with connectors or anything else.

I have them in all 4 of my Glocks, and the triggers in all of them are virtually identical.

Another thing that will help is to use an exacto knife and trim the trigger safety back until it is flush with the front face of the trigger when fully depressed. This eliminates the groove in your finger after a day at the range.

Randy

Rule #1 Liberals screw up everything they touch.
Rule #2 Whatever they accuse you of, they are already doing.
Rule #3 Liberals lie about anything no matter how insignificant.
Rule #4 If all else fails, they call you a Racist!

It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,, It is how well you do what you don't know how to do.
www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Last edited by W.R.Buchanan; 09-14-2018 at 1:31 PM..
Old 09-14-2018, 7:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post
This is the correct answer. check all these things but it is probably #3.

Brownell's has 4lb. replacement striker springs which improve the trigger alot. NO need to mess with connectors or anything else.

I have them in all 4 of my Glocks, and the triggers in all of them are virtually identical.

Another thing that will help is to use an exacto knife and trim the trigger safety back until it is flush with the front face of the trigger when fully depressed. This eliminates the groove in your finger after a day at the range.

Randy

You are right about trimming the trigger safety to be flush with the trigger when depressed. I have done that on most of my Glocks and it makes a big difference. I have also switched the grooved trigger assemblies of most my Glocks with the smooth trigger assemblies from G17/G21.
Old 09-14-2018, 7:31 PM

Thanks for the replies, I guess I will have to disassemble several Glocks and compare the slide parts and how they are interacting.