Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Curio & Relic/Black Powder
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Curio & Relic/Black Powder Curio & Relics and Black Powder Firearms, Old School shooting fun!

Old 01-13-2021, 12:33 PM
Veteran Member

Default Out Of State 03

Hi Guys,

It's my understanding that you can have an 03 here in Kali, and another 03 in some other state. Can you just have the out of state 03 and none in Kali? PAX

"A free people should be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798
Old 01-13-2021, 3:21 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo1 View Post
Hi Guys,

It's my understanding that you can have an 03 here in Kali, and another 03 in some other state. Can you just have the out of state 03 and none in Kali? PAX
Yes you can.

I don't get why you'd want to but there is no reason to have one in CA if you don't want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erion929 View Post

”Benitez 3:29 Thou shall not limit magazine capacity”
Old 01-13-2021, 4:48 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrcarr67 View Post
Yes you can.

I don't get why you'd want to but there is no reason to have one in CA if you don't want.
I have the 03 (all CA addresses) and CA COE. If my only 03 is for a state other than CA can I "buy & fly" eligible stuff in CA?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but am imagining (if having only 1 03) that all the addresses being other than CA would be an issue buying in a CA LGS?

OTOH, if I have an 03 with my OR addresses on it and I show a CDL - aren't those out of state gun stores going to gripe about DL and 03 info not matching?
Old 01-13-2021, 4:54 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfletcher View Post
I have the 03 (all CA addresses) and CA COE. If my only 03 is for a state other than CA can I "buy & fly" eligible stuff in CA?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but am imagining (if having only 1 03) that all the addresses being other than CA would be an issue buying in a CA LGS?

OTOH, if I have an 03 with my OR addresses on it and I show a CDL - aren't those out of state gun stores going to gripe about DL and 03 info not matching?
If you only have an 03 in a state other than CA you would NOT be able to bring the firearms aquired into CA without using an 01/07 to transfer them to you in CA.

When I had two 03's I had my CA address listed as my mailing address and the NV address listed as the physical address. I never had any problems using my NV 03, either in person or by mail.

Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk

Quote:

Old 01-13-2021, 5:03 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrcarr67 View Post
If you only have an 03 in a state other than CA you would NOT be able to bring the firearms aquired into CA without using an 01/07 to transfer them to you in CA.

When I had two 03's I had my CA address listed as my mailing address and the NV address listed as the physical address. I never had any problems using my NV 03, either in person or by mail.

Understood re bringing into CA. My efforts nowadays are getting guns out of CA, even the CA compliant ones.

So far as having two 03s, is it possible to have one with all OR info and another with all CA info? The "all CA" 03 works for buying in person in CA, the "all OR" works for buying through mail.
Old 01-13-2021, 5:09 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfletcher View Post
Understood re bringing into CA. My efforts nowadays are getting guns out of CA, even the CA compliant ones.

So far as having two 03s, is it possible to have one with all OR info and another with all CA info? The "all CA" 03 works for buying in person in CA, the "all OR" works for buying through mail.
You can, but the reason I put my CA address on my NV license was to have an address that matched the billing address to my CC's.

You can also put one of your CC's address in OR to match your 03 and accomplish the same thing.

Quote:

Old 01-14-2021, 5:51 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Got it, thanks.

Just under two years and I'll not need any CA address on anything.
Old 01-14-2021, 9:46 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks for the feed back fellas. I'm inquiring because I have seasonal work in Idaho. It'll be my 3rd season this go round, and I've hit all the LGSs for 300 miles from my hanger. Kinda slim pickins, and Covid helped jack the prices, but I should be able to score C&R deals on the street, now that the word's out. PAX

"A free people should be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798