Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 10-07-2019, 11:15 AM

The Draw to Glocks is simple.

It is the simplest platform to master there is, or ever will be.

You can do exactly 3 things with a Glock.

1. Insert Magazine
2. Rack Slide
3. Pull Trigger

Sure there are others but Glock invented this type of pistol, and they perfected it long before most others even were conceived.

All other current striker fired pistols are nothing more than Glock Knockoffs.

These guns have proven themselves in every theater of war and police use in the world.

If you start with a Glock and actually master it you will be able to easily transition to other platforms. Not necessarily so with other platforms.

This gun is used by more Military and Police Agencies in the world than all other firearms combined.

That's the draw.

Randy
Rule #1 Liberals screw up everything they touch.
Rule #2 Whatever they accuse you of, they are already doing.
Rule #3 Liberals lie about anything no matter how insignificant.
Rule #4 If all else fails, they call you a Racist!

It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,, It is how well you do what you don't know how to do.
www.buchananprecisionmachine.com
Old 10-07-2019, 11:37 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephanieLynn View Post
I just donít see it. Can someone please explain the fan-boy like dedication to nearly anything Glock? Iíve shot one, (a range rental G19), and really wanted to like it, but it felt clunky in operation and ďtoy-like.Ē Aside from that, it stove-piped spent cases about 4-5 times through just one full magazine.
I hated them for years. For no good reason till I shot a G27 because my uncle rented one. After that I hated them more with some actual experience. That one jammed too. A range rental G27 was probably the worst one to shoot looking back. If you can't see it, not much to say. I didn't see it either.

Not till years later I gave them another shot. It seemed like one of those guns it can't hurt to have ONE of. I got a G22C. After shooting that for a while and appreciating the simple reliable Glock system I bought more. G17's (RTF, LAVRTF,GEN4,GEN4 MOS), 22RTF, G40 MOS, G41, G26, G19, G17L, G30S, G29SF), others... I have a lot of guns that are supposedly better than Glocks and I love my Glocks.
Old 10-07-2019, 11:52 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post

1. Insert Magazine
2. Rack Slide
3. Pull Trigger

Sure there are others but Glock invented this type of pistol, and they perfected it long before most others even were conceived.

These guns have proven themselves in every theater of war and police use in the world.

If you start with a Glock and actually master it you will be able to easily transition to other platforms. Not necessarily so with other platforms.

This gun is used by more Military and Police Agencies in the world than all other firearms combined.

That's the draw.

Randy
Not true, I read all the time of Glock guys worrying about forgetting to disengage safety on other firearms. Mastering DA/SA pistols is best for being able to transition to anything.
Old 10-07-2019, 12:19 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Prestige View Post
Simple design, easy to clean , cheap replacement parts, extremely reliable , and accurate

Itís the Civic/Corolla of the handgun world. Thatís my opinion.
Volvo.

They use the same cheese cleaver to achieve their mutual aesthetic.
As goes the look, so does their attention to tactile feel and overall ďburlap glove gripping a brickĒ driver experience

https://images.app.goo.gl/1Ndnph7nTqxHcMyt5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali-Shooter
To me, it was a fist-fight, except that I did not counter-attack.
Old 10-07-2019, 12:55 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I just donít see it. Can someone please explain the fan-boy like dedication to nearly anything Glock? Iíve shot one, (a range rental G19), and really wanted to like it, but it felt clunky in operation and ďtoy-like.Ē Aside from that, it stove-piped spent cases about 4-5 times through just one full magazine. I do have a few polymer frame handguns, so thatís not a factor in my failure to appreciate. I had also heard they are very inexpensive comparatively, but here on CG and on Gun Broker, they are routinely offered at $1,000.00+, and Iím not talking about a tricked out customized example. I guess Iím kinda old-school when it comes to fit, finish, craftsmanship, etc., and they just donít have it. Donít hate me for my blasť attitude towards probably the most popular make of handgun in the world - I would really like to know. So, what am I missing? TIA

- You are shopping in all the wrong places if you are seeing factory-stock / non-modified Glocks for sale in the 4 digits.

Even my LGS has most CA-approved glocks for barely $600-$700, consignment for as low as $400 or so.

- Appeal?

Theyíre just awesome. Theyíre so ugly and utilitarian you have to love them.

I like that they have I believe the lowest number of moving parts of any firearm on the market - or so they say. Sure seems like it. Take one apart & see for yourself - they are very simple guns.

- I like that if I needed or wanted to, I could replace any part in a Glock, with little more than a punch tool.

- I believe they are pretty much the original polymer pistol and have proven themselves in combat to be trustworthy & reliable the world over.

- Funny about your experience; my first experience with a Glock was similar; I rented one at the local range & the slide rail sheared off of the frame. It kept shooting for several rounds before I noticed something wasnít right though.

Didnít dissuade me; I own several Glocks & love them.

Donít let a bad experience with an abused range gun turn you off from one of the finest pistols on the market.
Old 10-07-2019, 12:58 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMB 1 View Post
Not true, I read all the time of Glock guys worrying about forgetting to disengage safety on other firearms. Mastering DA/SA pistols is best for being able to transition to anything.
I think he's talking about actually hitting what you're aiming at.

A Glock isn't very forgiving of bad technique. A 1911 is probably the most forgiving of bad technique.

If you can hit what you're aiming at with a Glock, you can likely hit what you're aiming at with any other semi-auto pistol. The reverse isn't necessarily true.

ďI would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!Ē - Senator Barry Goldwater
Old 10-07-2019, 1:52 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloChicken View Post
Volvo.

They use the same cheese cleaver
Cantelope
Old 10-07-2019, 2:02 PM

Quote:

1. Insert Magazine
2. Rack Slide
3. Pull Trigger

That's the draw.

Randy
4. Shoot yourself in the leg
Old 10-07-2019, 2:03 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigma View Post
OP, first let me welcome to the internet. Aside from posting asinine questions, let me tell you that it is also a very useful tool for finding the answers to such questions that have been deliberated "ad nausea" (do a search for the term if you miss the humor).

Anyway, I just did a search for "why do people like Glock" on a search engine you have probably heard of and there were 32.5 million results. Good place to start.

Also, The local price on most new Glocks in my area (echem...Gen 3) is abut $499. If you don't get why some people are paying a premium in CA for some models, I also suggest the search function on this website.
End thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezfoo View Post
And the lord appeared unto him and spoketh "tere henges". And he did knoweth in two weeks shall be the terrible boating accident whereas upon the mighty waves will the shoulder thing that goes up be lost beneath the sea. All rise. Sit down. Rise again. Sit down. Behold the non homo dancing. Amen
Old 10-07-2019, 2:34 PM

I am with "they just work" crowd. I have a gen 2 21 (bought brand new, early 90's) and a gen 3 26, and have never had a failure of any kind. I had a picture with a well experienced friend of mine running my 21 with his handloads , and you could count six or seven shell casings in the air. The gun appeared in the picture to still be down on target, no barrel climb. I know, "cool story bro" since I have know idea where that picture resides now. Probably on an old floppy that I know longer have a drive for.
Old 10-07-2019, 2:46 PM

I have a couple of Glocks, Iím not a fan boy, and Glock isnít the only brand I would trust or buy. But I do trust the Glocks I own with my life. Simple as that.
Old 10-07-2019, 3:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regular guy View Post
I have a couple of Glocks, I’m not a fan boy, and Glock isn’t the only brand I would trust or buy. But I do trust the Glocks I own with my life. Simple as that.
Same. I prefer SA/DA, but after some reliability issues with other pistols I bought a Glock 23. It has been 100% reliable. It is a tool and it performs a job - in my case home defense. It's a great platform, especially the interchangeability of Glock mags... Dead simple to service as well. After a quick change out of some springs and a trigger bar, my trigger feels pretty great. That being said, the compact frame does not "point" naturally for me. I don't like the way it feels at all -- especially the gen3/4 finger grooves. I think a full size 17/34 might be better. On the plus side it makes me truly appreciate how great my Buckmark feels in my hands.

Last edited by bhp1410; 10-07-2019 at 3:07 PM..
Old 10-07-2019, 3:21 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp1410 View Post
Same. I prefer SA/DA, but after some reliability issues with other pistols I bought a Glock 23. It has been 100% reliable. It is a tool and it performs a job - in my case home defense.
I can think of plenty of guns that are potentially more fun than a gen3 Glock. Ruger Target .22 with red dot, PPQ Q5 with Holosun, etc...

G17's are what I have for home defense. I retired my old DA/SA from that duty.

I think I am starting to enjoy the DA/SA's again though shooting CZ's, HK USP, etc... (Specifically really fond of the PCR and USP Expert)

BUT a Glock 17 with an RMR is just as fun as the other red dotted range toys.

I think 1911's make good range toys, and so do Glock knock-offs like a PPQ. Still not a huge fan of the XD9 though. I am trying to like it, giving it more range time but it is not a great gun.
Old 10-07-2019, 3:54 PM
Veteran Member

I’v Owned about every maker out there... except Glock. I have tried to like them, I really have, but every time I shoot one, I just hate them more. If you like them, good for you, you get away with gunning on the cheap. Give me a Cz any day... or better yet a Sig.
Old 10-07-2019, 9:42 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:

Um, not even close.

Stirker fired pistols existed way before Glock. Same goes for polymer guns. HK had a polymer striker fired pistol decades before Glock.

Glocks are HK knockoffs at best...
Old 10-07-2019, 9:47 PM

EV AZ
"This country with it's institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing goverment, they can excercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismemember or overthrow it."
Abe Lincoln

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ďLiberalism is as useful as a screen door on a submarine.Ē
unknown
Old 10-07-2019, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVC View Post
Um, not even close.

Stirker fired pistols existed way before Glock. Same goes for polymer guns. HK had a polymer striker fired pistol decades before Glock.

Glocks are HK knockoffs at best...
Sure, but where they invisible to airport x-ray machines like Glocks are? I think not!
Old 10-07-2019, 11:11 PM

Some people aren't going to like Glocks. That's inevitable.
Personally, if someone came up to me and said, "I need a gun for home defense", the only semi-auto I'd probably point them to is a Glock. They work. I've had a well-used 19, shot thousands of rounds through it and no failures that could be attributed to the gun.

That being said, there's a lot someone could dislike about Glocks too.

I think the biggest one is, Glocks have big grips. Any recently manufactured Glock magazine is great, and generally very reliable (I've seen one fall apart and fall out of the gun but that's definitely not the norm), but look at how big they are compared to steel magazines from Sigmas or XDs. That's why Glock grips are chunky.
Most people, even with small hands, can make it work for them with a good two-handed grip and some practice. But shooting one-handed can be a chore.

The other one is, if you shoot other guns a lot, the grip might feel weird or foreign to you. The angle and the way you're supposed to grip it isn't exactly the same as you would grip, say, a 1911, so it might be uncomfortable.

At the end of the day, I think it comes down to this. Any number of factors could make Glocks not fun for you at the range. Let's say you are one of those people. If you go to the range a lot, you probably have guns that are equally reliable as a Glock would be, and that you are a lot more practiced with. Great, shoot that. If you don't go to the range a lot, you probably want something as reliable as possible, and probably don't care as much about how much fun you're having, you just want something to defend yourself with. That's a Glock.

As for your specific concerns, I rarely see 9mm Glocks failing without user error or being exceptionally unmaintained. A range gun could certainly be that. Any gun will have stovepipes if the recoil spring is significantly worn out. Also I'm sure people have pointed this out, Glocks don't cost that much.

Also, I can't speak for Glocks that aren't 9mm. I've heard good things about the Glock 20, but honestly with the price of 10mm I doubt they're as tested as other Glocks. I've personally seen a lot of problems with Glock 21's. I rented one that would often not return to battery without a push to the back of the slide. The aforementioned magazine failure was on a Glock 21SF.
Old 10-08-2019, 12:30 AM

Quote:
I just donít see it. Can someone please explain the fan-boy like dedication to nearly anything Glock? Iíve shot one, (a range rental G19), and really wanted to like it, but it felt clunky in operation and ďtoy-like.Ē Aside from that, it stove-piped spent cases about 4-5 times through just one full magazine. I do have a few polymer frame handguns, so thatís not a factor in my failure to appreciate. I had also heard they are very inexpensive comparatively, but here on CG and on Gun Broker, they are routinely offered at $1,000.00+, and Iím not talking about a tricked out customized example. I guess Iím kinda old-school when it comes to fit, finish, craftsmanship, etc., and they just donít have it. Donít hate me for my blasť attitude towards probably the most popular make of handgun in the world - I would really like to know. So, what am I missing? TIA
Old 10-08-2019, 4:49 AM

Default Glocks are good but overrated

Quote:
I'm surprised at the malfunctions you encountered. Particularly in a model 19.

I'd say Glocks are genuinely very good, maybe even best in class, at how much gun is packed into how little size and weight. The Glock 23 and Glock 20 in particular put a lot of firepower into the size/weight of the envelope.

That being said Glocks certainly have their flaws. I've heard the only truly trouble free models are the 17, 19, and 20. Glocks are blocky in the grip, and mushy in the trigger. The polymer Glock magazine tends to make its grip thicker than comparable polymer handguns with steel magazines.

But perhaps the greatest Glock flaw is they are overrated, and because of that they are overpriced for what they deliver.

There are polymer guns the same price as a Glock which are objectively superior, and cheaper polymer guns than the Glock which are objectively equal to a Glock.
Old 10-08-2019, 4:57 AM

Exclamation Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp1410 View Post
4. Shoot yourself in the leg
Old 10-08-2019, 5:08 AM

Default heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by highpower View Post
It's a condition known as "Glockoma".

Old 10-08-2019, 8:45 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerman View Post
I’v Owned about every maker out there... except Glock. I have tried to like them, I really have, but every time I shoot one, I just hate them more. If you like them, good for you, you get away with gunning on the cheap. Give me a Cz any day... or better yet a Sig.
That's how I was. I even saw the utility of a polymer frame but would only consider polymer that were competing brands like HS Produkt, Ruger P, CZ 100... a real NEVER GLOCKER. Tastes change, people learn. You want to talk about UGLY. A Ruger P95 is UGGGGGly. I still find it amazing that their glass embedded nylon is so tough the slide rides right on it. Better hope we never have to fight robots made of that stuff.
Old 10-08-2019, 11:07 AM

I was issued a 17 years ago. Hated it. Couldn’t hit crap with it. I learned on my Dad’s 1911 and I still find that to be more natural. Eventually Somewhere around Gen 3, I grew to love Glocks. At that point .40 S&W. I’m on Gen 5 now, and back to a 17. I’m still better with a 1911, but with a little practice I’ll take a glock as my carry gun all day, every day.

I clean after every time I shoot. I rotate and replace mags. I’ve never had a failure (at least that I can remember). No safety, No Da/Sa. Just pull the trigger and it goes boom. I’ve Owned at least 6 of them, from full size to baby glocks they all shot the same - (to be fair, I’m still getting use to the 9mm again after thousands of rounds of .40)
Old 10-08-2019, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMB 1 View Post
Well if they are "Forgetting to Dump the Safety" whos fault is that? Really? not a good example as it shows no proficiency with the gun.

If you think mastering a Glock means all other guns are the same then you kind of missed the point.

It is the Basis for all other gun training as it is broken down to the bare fundamentals of Pistol Shooting which must be mastered before you can proceed to higher levels.

Grip and Draw from a Holster: Easiest to learn on a Glock because you don't have to remember to do anything else but concentrate on the Draw.

Sight Alignment, Sight Picture, and Trigger Control is easiest to learn on a Glock simply because under time pressure (which all instruction must go to eventually) You have got more time to concentrate on these factors because you are not behind 2 different Trigger Pulls on a DA/SA . Or you don't have to Remember to Cock the Hammer to do a Chamber Check or any other administrative operation.

Mastering Two completely different Trigger Pulls is not at all easy to do for a beginner.

Malfunction Clearance is another Key Factor. They are easiest to learn on a Glock.

After you learn all this stuff and have it down pat you can increase the work load by going to a 1911 which only requires you to ride the safety and drop it during count 4 in your draw. This is part of your grip.

If you don't understand any of this then I'd suggest a trip to Front Sight for a Basic Pistol Course to learn the Fundamentals before you go any farther.

Randy
Rule #1 Liberals screw up everything they touch.
Rule #2 Whatever they accuse you of, they are already doing.
Rule #3 Liberals lie about anything no matter how insignificant.
Rule #4 If all else fails, they call you a Racist!

It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,, It is how well you do what you don't know how to do.
www.buchananprecisionmachine.com
Old 10-08-2019, 12:42 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

Not a Glock fanboy, but I will say that they are the World Class when it comes to simplicity and reliability. About as exciting as the shampoo aisle at Safeway, but the damn things don't fail if you leave them stock.

Quote:
I had also heard they are very inexpensive comparatively, but here on CG and on Gun Broker, they are routinely offered at $1,000.00+, and I’m not talking about a tricked out customized example.
You are looking at the off-roster models. The ones on the roster are very reasonably priced.

Quote:
it stove-piped spent cases about 4-5 times through just one full magazine.
90% of the time that is shooter error, while 100% of those shooters will claim it's the gun. The Glock does require a firm grip to function correctly.

I won't spend my own money on a Glock since they feel like a 2x4 with a Luger grip angle, but if you told me I had to use one, I wouldn't have a problem trusting my life to it.
Old 10-08-2019, 1:17 PM

I don't get it either, but I have 2 of them

Confirmed Domestic Terrorist & NRA Member

tiocfaidh Šr lŠ
Bobby Sands
Old 10-08-2019, 4:00 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Well if they are "Forgetting to Dump the Safety" whos fault is that? Really? not a good example as it shows no proficiency with the gun.

If you think mastering a Glock means all other guns are the same then you kind of missed the point.

It is the Basis for all other gun training as it is broken down to the bare fundamentals of Pistol Shooting which must be mastered before you can proceed to higher levels.

Grip and Draw from a Holster: Easiest to learn on a Glock because you don't have to remember to do anything else but concentrate on the Draw.

Sight Alignment, Sight Picture, and Trigger Control is easiest to learn on a Glock simply because under time pressure (which all instruction must go to eventually) You have got more time to concentrate on these factors because you are not behind 2 different Trigger Pulls on a DA/SA . Or you don't have to Remember to Cock the Hammer to do a Chamber Check or any other administrative operation.

Mastering Two completely different Trigger Pulls is not at all easy to do for a beginner.

Malfunction Clearance is another Key Factor. They are easiest to learn on a Glock.

After you learn all this stuff and have it down pat you can increase the work load by going to a 1911 which only requires you to ride the safety and drop it during count 4 in your draw. This is part of your grip.

If you don't understand any of this then I'd suggest a trip to Front Sight for a Basic Pistol Course to learn the Fundamentals before you go any farther.

Randy
LOL

Last edited by TMB 1; 10-09-2019 at 9:31 AM..
Old 10-08-2019, 5:32 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notpc View Post
Sure, but where they invisible to airport x-ray machines like Glocks are? I think not!
I thought John Mcclane said they were ceramic? The Glock 7 if I recall?

Law abiding firearm owners have no chance in this state.
Old 10-08-2019, 5:52 PM
Calguns Addict

"What's the big deal with Glocks"

- Simple
- Rugged because they are simple
- Uncomplicated manual of arms because they are simple
- Less expensive than other platforms because they are simple
- As accurate as required for personal defense because they are simple

Glocks are nowadays in the minority in my safe (more P320s than Glocks in there if I count right) but if I had to fight or even just go where there were little support, a Glock would be in my holster.

The answer, as you can see... is simple.

-
Old 10-09-2019, 7:29 AM

When youíve owned/carried/abused every other popular polymer on the market, itís hard not to trust a glock. Plus, the 9mm double stack generations use the same parts/mags/holsters, so you save a lot of money. But, who cares what everyone else says, find the gun(s) you shoot best, and stick with them until they fail on you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-09-2019, 10:08 AM
Calguns Addict

I just bought a Glock 43X this morning. Here in Prescott at Bucky o'Neill's. $455.00

This will be my carry gun. With tax it was $496.00

Great guns which just work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddletown View Post
What you believe and what is true in real life in the real world aren't necessarily the same thing. And what you believe doesn't change what is true in real life in the real world.
Old 10-09-2019, 11:02 AM
Calguns Addict

Some people may find Glocks ugly, but I think the simplicity and slab-like appearance is cool. I'd rather have the Glock's looks than a Gripzone(TM) or flashy tacky decorations going in different directions and angles where they are not needed... I think there are exceptions though. Most CZ's, Walther Q5, HK VP9's look pretty cool. I'd probably be considered a fan boy on CG, but in reality I'd buy a CZ P10C before I bought a Glock Gen5. BUT you know I'd have both eventually.
Old 10-09-2019, 9:06 PM

There was a point in my life when I couldn't shoot..... I didn't get Glocks back then either.

My nieces don't get Glocks either.....and they regularly stovepipe a cartridge like the OP..........in a Glock with thousands of rounds through it without a malfunction.

I wouldn't consider myself a Fanboy now....but I trust my life to them so yeah, I suppose I like them.

"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face", (that eloquent philosopher) Mike Tyson
Old 10-09-2019, 9:10 PM
Veteran Member

Some guys like fat girls..... some like em skinny.... some like plain simple women, some like makeup barbies..... some like hogging... glocks are like hogging.

Reliable and grateful but awkward to hold at first and even more embarrassing when you get caught with one..... mushy (trigger) and downright ugly.

no one really respects you for having one either, they just kind of laugh at you behind your back but know that's the best you can get, So they let you settle and be content. Ignorance is bliss.......

With enough time and investment you can turn one into a plastic surgery supermodel and it will possibly work like other guns half the cost....in between failures and brass to the face.

Eventually you'll leave Glock and get a real woman that is naturally beautiful and doesn't give head with braces and fart all night under the covers.

Last edited by etwinam; 10-09-2019 at 10:03 PM..
Old 10-09-2019, 9:34 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by etwinam View Post
will possibly work like other guns half the cost....in between failures and brass to the face.
Geesh, you really do not like Glocks. I don't recall any failures or brass to the face, but today my CZ PCR was giving brass to the face quite a few times with REM UMC 250 bulk pack ammo. Two Glock 17's were not. Most accurate was a Walther Q5 with HS-507C, but a Glock 17 MOS /RMR did pretty good even with that crappy trigger and fat beavertail
Old 10-09-2019, 9:41 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crufflers View Post
Geesh, you really do not like Glocks. I don't recall any failures or brass to the face, but today my CZ PCR was giving brass to the face quite a few times with REM UMC 250 bulk pack ammo. Two Glock 17's were not. Most accurate was a Walther Q5 with HS-507C, but a Glock 17 MOS /RMR did pretty good even with that crappy trigger and fat beavertail
I don't hate Glock, it was a joke.... sarcasm actually. They are basic and that's what people love but they're utilitarian and therefore ugly and simple.

Brass to the face is a common Glock extractor problem.... the failures are usually caused by limp wristing or aftermarket parts, not timing the lightweight slide cuts with added weight of a Rmr properly.

It's like seeing a 60k 1990 civic with too much crap on it when a modern Camry will blow the doors off of it that's all.

People make them out to be more than they are... they're just simple very basic and awkward outdated guns that's all.

Last edited by etwinam; 10-09-2019 at 9:47 PM..
Old 10-09-2019, 9:48 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Brass to the face is a common Glock extractor problem.... the failures are usually caused by limp twisting or aftermarket parts, not timing the lightweight slide cuts with added weight of a Rmr.

It's like seeing a 60k civic with too much crap on it when a modern Camry will blow the doors off of it that's all.
Yeah there are a lot of new "fast" production models that are really 15 second cars with flashy bits.

So back to the PCR, what's the extractor problem? I do hear about Glocks doing that but never had it happen in probably 8-10 models.
Old 10-09-2019, 9:57 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crufflers View Post
Yeah there are a lot of new "fast" production models that are really 15 second cars with flashy bits.

So back to the PCR, what's the extractor problem? I do hear about Glocks doing that but never had it happen in probably 8-10 models.
I've shot.a PCR twice and never had that problem. My SP01 never had that issue. Perhaps its your grip? Either way you can always tune your extractor if it persists.

I would probably focus on your grip more.... wrist lock and thumb placement will probably solve your problem. If you live near SD I can help if you want. PM me

Last edited by etwinam; 10-09-2019 at 10:13 PM..
Old 10-09-2019, 10:04 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I've shot.a PCR twice and never had that problem. My SP01 never had that issue. Perhaps its your grip?
I think my grip is good. That gun barely moves, thumbs up torquing support hand thumb forward/down like Vogel says. I never had the issue before today and never had it on my SP-01 either. Never use UMC ammo though so I thought it might be related. The other 9mm's ate it just like Federal or S&B which is what I usually shoot... or CCI Blazer Brass.

Maybe it has developed a problem or maybe I have.