Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 10-04-2019, 4:47 PM

So glad for this thread! Just got myself a PCC last month and have been a bit depressed about not being able to change out the stock. The carbine is a bit heavy on the front end (M-LOK handguard model) and I thought a nice solid wood stock would balance it out... hope renewed!
Old 10-04-2019, 5:16 PM
Bacon Cheeseburger Lover
CGN Contributor

I've got a plain Jane model PCC, and had hopes to install a Trijicon MRO. With the MRO on, it's gonna pretty much be a chin weld, not cheek as it should be because of how low the stock sits. Hopefully Magpul comes out with their own kit sooner or later.

Jerry
Old 10-09-2019, 7:58 PM
Calguns Addict

Meanwhile, back at Ruger HQ... shipping in two minutes...

Old 10-09-2019, 8:04 PM
Calguns Addict

7.3 pounds

Old 10-09-2019, 8:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crufflers View Post

This doesn’t add anything for us at all.
Old 10-09-2019, 8:40 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcwatchdog View Post
This doesn’t add anything for us at all.
Well if you want to get nit picky... barrel mounted pic rail, flared mag well.
Old 10-09-2019, 8:56 PM
Calguns Addict

It seems like Ruger has decided not to sell the free-float tubes separately ot at least put it on the back burner. It has been months and months since they were supposed to be on SHOPRUGER.COM

Yeah, most of us don't need another featured variant to pin and fin... I am good with my configs. I don't see the need to put a MAGPUL shotgun stock on a perfectly good rifle (OR SHOTGUN for that matter), but to each their own.

Old 10-09-2019, 8:59 PM
Calguns Addict

Just picked up a PC Carbine in 9mm with the Ruger M-lok Handguard.... egads!
Tempting to upgrade, but I'll suffer with it as-is for a while.
“Political tags — such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth — are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.” — Robert A. Heinlein

“It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds” — Samuel Adams
Old 10-09-2019, 9:21 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
It seems like Ruger has decided not to sell the free-float tubes separately ot at least put it on the back burner. It has been months and months since they were supposed to be on SHOPRUGER.COM
As I posted on another Ruger thread, Ruger std plastic handguard has a different mount for the handguard from the Mok version. They would need to sell it as a kit, as there are about 3 parts plus the handguard that are different.
Not sure they want to deal with it as Ruger typically doesn't sell individual parts.
Old 10-09-2019, 9:24 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagearms View Post
As I posted on another Ruger thread, Ruger std plastic handguard has a different mount for the handguard from the Mok version. They would need to sell it as a kit, as there are about 3 parts plus the handguard that are different.
Not sure they want to deal with it as Ruger typically doesn't sell individual parts.
Months ago I submitted it as a suggestion for the CEO (TELL THE CEO option) on their page and got a reply that said they were putting it up for sale in a month.

https://www.ruger.com/dataProcess/tellTheCEO/
Old 10-09-2019, 9:29 PM

Quote:
Yep. Emailed them three times. The first time they said coming soon, the second time they said if it's not on the store it's not available and no idea if it's coming or not, the third time I never received a response.

I just went with Midwest's rail instead. Uglier, but at least they sell something. I think it's more functional than the OEM too, has more MLOK slots at more angles.

OP, how did you get that CROM chassis? Did you just place an order on the internet or contact them? I contacted CROM via email and they never responded to me. All I asked was what's the availability like and if there were more pictures, didn't seem like any crazy questions worth ignoring.
Old 10-10-2019, 8:13 AM

Quote:

Yeah, most of us don't need another featured variant to pin and fin... I am good with my configs. I don't see the need to put a MAGPUL shotgun stock on a perfectly good rifle (OR SHOTGUN for that matter), but to each their own.

Midwest Industries sells one that looks better (IMHO), and probably at the same price Ruger would charge.
Old 10-10-2019, 8:26 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert1234 View Post
Midwest Industries sells one that looks better (IMHO), and probably at the same price Ruger would charge.
Its a 2oz difference between the rails and a $50 difference in price. Ruger std plastic rail and add MI or buy the Ruger will Mlok already installed.
Old 10-10-2019, 8:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagearms View Post
Its a 2oz difference between the rails and a $50 difference in price. Ruger std plastic rail and add MI or buy the Ruger will Mlok already installed.
I cant get past how Ruger managed to make it look ugly a d MI avoided that.

Right now I have the PMM handguard, so unless someone wants to buy that from me, I'm not dumping any more money into that gun.
Old 10-10-2019, 8:43 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert1234 View Post
Yeah I could have got the MI for my scoped (1-4) PCC. I didn't like the looks of it as much, but if you bolt certain things onto the bottom Mloks it looks better to me. handguards are pretty subjective. I ordered the PMM deal where the top piece was free. I like the two different looks on mine... a top piece would not fit on my other one with the barrel mounted RD-1, relocated rear sight.
Old 10-10-2019, 10:54 PM

I ended up going with the MI handguard a while back... IMO, I think they look pretty good and are quite functional too as I don’t really like fin grips at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-10-2019, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalPatriot63 View Post
I ended up going with the MI handguard a while back...
I just got my Midwest handguard and slapped it on today myself. Someone made the case to me that they are more functional than OEM Ruger tube due to more MLOK slots, and I was like "yeah OK, fair enough" Now that I have it, it's growing on me looks-wise.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalPatriot63 View Post
I don’t really like fin grips at all.
Same, tolerate fins, but don't like them. That said, although I know this is a CROM thread, if you really want an OEM Ruger pistol grip and telescoping stock chassis, Midwest is selling them with and without side-folding stocks. And you don't have to buy an entire new gun just to get it.

https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com.../mi-rpccsf.htm

I prefer the factory original stock/CROM design due to them being featureless though.
Old 10-11-2019, 12:47 AM
Veteran Member

C’mon Magpul! Weeeneeedyoooo!!!!
Old 10-11-2019, 8:53 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bug_eyedmonster View Post
I've got a plain Jane model PCC, and had hopes to install a Trijicon MRO. With the MRO on, it's gonna pretty much be a chin weld, not cheek as it should be because of how low the stock sits. Hopefully Magpul comes out with their own kit sooner or later.

Jerry
Are you using a low mount or the standard AR high mount? I have an MRO on a standard AR mount (on an AR). If I was going to put it on a PC Carbine I'd buy a low mount, either Trij or UTG or similar.

Trij is about $40, Leapers/UTG is about $20 - Trij mount pictured from Primary Arms. The ADM QD is about $80 if you want to move it around.

Last edited by crufflers; 10-11-2019 at 9:06 AM..