Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > FFL's Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

FFL's Forum For open discussion between FFLs and polite questions for FFLs.

Old 03-30-2020, 12:47 PM

Default Closed for the Wuhan flu ... my firearm can’t be picked up

I did the paperwork on a 20ga for my son 2 weeks ago ... pickup date was the 25th . Store is closed for the foreseeable future and no one will return my calls .. I want the gun so we can go turkey hunting .. or at least all my money back . What recourse do I have ? FYI it is a large chain synonymous with Choads . Ya I shouldn’t have....
Old 03-30-2020, 1:09 PM
Veteran Member

You're pretty much s.o.l. it's complete bull**** that retailers are not forced to immediately lease the firearm otherwise issue an immediate refund. You can dispute the charge if you used a c.c., but you're going to be out the dros most likely. This is a crappy situation for anyone who purchased a firearm and is stuck in your situation. Not many options at this point. B
Old 03-30-2020, 1:13 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

A lot of the ffls are only allowing pickup by appointment. If your in LA area I will loan you a shotgun for Turkey.
Old 03-30-2020, 1:31 PM

I would try and email them. No one wants to be out of business. But no one wants to get sick as well. I encourage consumers to exercise a little patience. its not like they wanted this to happen.
Old 03-30-2020, 1:43 PM

So presumably after the 10th 24 hour period the have MY property and at this point they have refused to communicate with me regarding giving me my property ... class action law suit for damages and emotional distress .. eff these losers . Quite frankly I don’t give a rats butt if they don’t want to get sick . That’s like saying I’m not driving to work because I don’t want to die on the road. Luckily it’s only $300 . At what point am I legally able to forcibly retrieve my property ?? Btw I’ve emailed , called and chatted with corporate .. only to be told too bad
Old 03-30-2020, 2:21 PM

Forcibly removing your property would be breaking and entering at the least. Class action lawsuit is not an option as you are an individual not a class. You could try small claims court but they are closed cause you guessed it they don't want to get sick. Your best option is to wait it out and ask for a refund if you so choose after they reopen. You can try a credit card dispute for failure to receive the property.
Old 03-30-2020, 2:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCArmory View Post
Forcibly removing your property would be breaking and entering at the least. Class action lawsuit is not an option as you are an individual not a class. You could try small claims court but they are closed cause you guessed it they don't want to get sick. Your best option is to wait it out and ask for a refund if you so choose after they reopen. You can try a credit card dispute for failure to receive the property.
Honestly I get it .. ... I did say retrieve legally btw ...and I’m sure more people than me are getting dicked with by these tools . I’ve seen shops close and go under for Various reasons and every time the business has done a stand up job at closing out all transactions . It’s honestly odd that guns are viewed differently than day an auto shop not releasing my vehicle ... the BAR would have their butts.
Old 03-30-2020, 4:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoteassasin View Post
At what point am I legally able to forcibly retrieve my property ??
The hardest part to grasp here is this is not your property.....yet anyway.
Paying for it doesn't make it yours.
DROSing it doesn't make it yours.
Its when you go to pick up and they click the delivery button. Final signatures/ect and you leave with it. Before that it is still the stores property and they can cancel at anytime.
Old 03-30-2020, 6:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BONECUTTER View Post
The hardest part to grasp here is this is not your property.....yet anyway.
Paying for it doesn't make it yours.
DROSing it doesn't make it yours.
Its when you go to pick up and they click the delivery button. Final signatures/ect and you leave with it. Before that it is still the stores property and they can cancel at anytime.
So if that was the case I can charge interest on the loans I've given every gunsgop for the last 30 years . I give them money , I'm not prohibited , ergo its mine unless it yours .. go back to reasons 1 and 2 . It's pretty despicable how the "FFL " entitles certain people . Again I get it but, it is really unfortunate many gun stores are nothing more than whores with a stinky hatchetwound and the .gov says you have to kiss the frog
Old 03-31-2020, 5:53 AM
CGSSA Director
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

With the recent back pedal of LASD, there is a chance that they may end up reopening.

You essentially have 30 days to complete the DROS process from when it started, and if you can't pick it up during that time period, the dealer will have to Re-DROS the firearm. There will be a new charge from the CADOJ, and I am not sure who will cover that. But I would think it would either be the CADOJ or the Dealer.
Old 04-07-2020, 1:06 PM

I did my last transaction almost 2 weeks BEFORE the shut down for this very reason.
I delivered my last transfer to the customer 3 days before the order came down to stay at home. I operate out of my house and I don't want to get sick or get my mom, mother, father in law etc sick. None of them live with us, but we do their shopping for them now, so THEIR health was more important to me than the chicken scratch that comes from a transfer these days.

I have fielded no fewer than 200 phone calls over the last 2 weeks alone from people begging me to give them the FSC test, accept their panic buy shipment etc.. and probably 30-40 of those phone calls were for PPT.

Sorry if people are butt hurt because NOW, the most important thing in THEIR world is THEM getting a zombie apocalypse self defense hammer, my health and safety be damned, but YOU should have had THAT tool in your tool box long before the zombie apocalypse got underway.

Dealing with them AND the buddy they want to buy a gun from on day one (PPT), and them again on day ten for $10.00 is not even remotely at the top of my priority list. My health and the health of my family trump your panic buy.

I am of course being facetious here, but there is some truth to all of ^ that. The VAST MAJORITY of people I am getting phone calls from are first time panic buyers. About half the requests are from people buying on GunBroker or "getting a gun shipped from a friend".

I got in this business to help keep the 2nd Amendment alive in Kalifornia, knowing I was never going to get rich in the process. I do what I can, when I can and will continue to do so, but will most certainly not risk my health and wellbeing in the process.
Old 04-08-2020, 9:17 AM

As a ffl holder I know the other 2 gun stores in my town closed. I did not. One store has operators that are in there late 60s. They were up front about needing an appointment to buy or to deliver a gun.
They other guy went on social media and complained that the city shut him down and that why he couldn't deliver guns. This was untrue. I was never shut down. I have employees that a worried about getting sick and dont want to come in. So I have reduced my hours to get caught up on paperwork. I close at 5 one hour early. I still have customers upset that I wont taller them in to buy. I have posted my hours for 3 weeks and one or 2 customers are pissed that they have to wait in a long line or make an appointment (yet make no effort to make an appointment) . Please be advised most stores that are still open are overwhelmed. We have have families too I am working longer hours (even being open less) .
Now the state is taking 30days to think about approving a dros
Old 04-10-2020, 8:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgerly779 View Post
A lot of the ffls are only allowing pickup by appointment. If your in LA area I will loan you a shotgun for Turkey.
Isn't that against the law?
Old 04-10-2020, 8:53 AM
Front Toward Enemy
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobshouse View Post
Isn't that against the law?
It is legal to loan a long gun if the borrower has a hunting license, for the duration of the hunting season.

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...0.&lawCode=PEN

Quote:
ARTICLE 6. Exceptions to the Requirement of Using a Dealer for a Private Party Firearms Transaction [27850 - 27970]
Penal Code 27950
Section 27545 does not apply to the loan of a firearm, other than a handgun, to a licensed hunter for use by that hunter for a period of time not to exceed the duration of the hunting season for which the firearm is to be used.

Last edited by SkyHawk; 04-10-2020 at 8:57 AM..