Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Hunting and Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Hunting and Fishing Rifle, Shotgun, Handgun, Archery, Blackpowder Saltwater and Fresh Water

Old 09-10-2019, 10:17 AM

Default 6.5 Grendel

Been thinking about getting this upper for a couple years now. I had decided against it and stick with bolt guns... Now I am back to wanting to shoot the Grendel again.

Anyone using one? I think it will be nice to hike with, I can easily travel with the upper out of state to where I have other guns I can put it on, and I can shoot out of a tree climbing stand easily. Thinking of going with a 20' barrel. Of course I will reload for this thing.

On the other hand...I will be just another gun of many I can hun with. I might just stay on the side...

My fishing and Outdoors channel on YouTube http://YouTube.com/JaimeAstin
Old 09-10-2019, 10:26 AM

Are you sure a 20-inch barrel AR-15 is going to be nicer to hike with than a sporter barrel bolt gun in a plastic stock?
Old 09-10-2019, 10:37 AM

You can build a Grendel pretty light and it's perfect for medium game. The only gripe I have with an AR is loud to charge and sometimes forward assist doesn't work when trying to be quiet.
Old 09-10-2019, 10:55 AM
Calguns Addict

Is there enough ammo options for copper?
Old 09-10-2019, 11:32 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalArkansas View Post
Been thinking about getting this upper for a couple years now. I had decided against it and stick with bolt guns... Now I am back to wanting to shoot the Grendel again.

Anyone using one? I think it will be nice to hike with, I can easily travel with the upper out of state to where I have other guns I can put it on, and I can shoot out of a tree climbing stand easily. Thinking of going with a 20' barrel. Of course I will reload for this thing.

On the other hand...I will be just another gun of many I can hun with. I might just stay on the side...
While you can build them lighter, if you're not paying attention to gram counting and are instead just doing what you can to save some weight (light barrel, light scope, light scope mount, thread protector) you're still looking at a 7+ lb rifle shooting a comparatively anemic medium/big game cartridge out of a relatively short barrel in a package that's not conveniently carried by hand (natural point of balance tends to be between the magazine and pistol grip, not a great place to carry it) that will be hard to load with copper bullets with enough speed to make it truly useful.

In that same weight class you can get into a bolt rifle with a 22 inch barrel shooting a .308 class cartridge that will easily push copper bullets fast, is nice to carry, and makes recovering your brass simple and with light bullets pushed fast doesn't recoil much.

I don't use one, I keep thinking it would be neat, but when I look at the facts I realize I have no use for it. About the only place I think the Grendel has in hunting is for shooters that need to avoid recoil. I thought about buying a bolt gun in Grendel for my grandad-in-law so he could go on one last hunt with his daughter (my MIL) but sadly, I think that time has passed.

I will say, ARs are handy if you're road hunting. Getting in and out of vehicles is easy and the magazine is easily released with little fuss. If you don't have a round chambered it is pretty excellent in that role (road hunting or just riding around the ranch looking for yotes or lopes).

Last edited by NapalmCheese; 09-10-2019 at 11:47 AM..
Old 09-10-2019, 2:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmykan View Post
Are you sure a 20-inch barrel AR-15 is going to be nicer to hike with than a sporter barrel bolt gun in a plastic stock?
No, Iím not sure how will it will or will not work hinking. I just see myself using a single point sling and not really caring if it gets banged up. I donít mind my guns getting wear while we are working. For all I care about protecting my guns, I have much less care how the ARs are treated in service. The upper is a lighter weight build. I purchased a 4 round magazine for it as well. I am also thinking it would pair nice to my mountain bike I some use.

Old 09-10-2019, 2:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckhandmike View Post
Is there enough ammo options for copper?
There are some copper rounds in the 6.5mm. This gun will be used out of state as well. Still i will reloading with both rounds.

Old 09-10-2019, 2:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NapalmCheese View Post
While you can build them lighter, if you're not paying attention to gram counting and are instead just doing what you can to save some weight (light barrel, light scope, light scope mount, thread protector) you're still looking at a 7+ lb rifle shooting a comparatively anemic medium/big game cartridge out of a relatively short barrel in a package that's not conveniently carried by hand (natural point of balance tends to be between the magazine and pistol grip, not a great place to carry it) that will be hard to load with copper bullets with enough speed to make it truly useful.

In that same weight class you can get into a bolt rifle with a 22 inch barrel shooting a .308 class cartridge that will easily push copper bullets fast, is nice to carry, and makes recovering your brass simple and with light bullets pushed fast doesn't recoil much.

I don't use one, I keep thinking it would be neat, but when I look at the facts I realize I have no use for it. About the only place I think the Grendel has in hunting is for shooters that need to avoid recoil. I thought about buying a bolt gun in Grendel for my grandad-in-law so he could go on one last hunt with his daughter (my MIL) but sadly, I think that time has passed.

I will say, ARs are handy if you're road hunting. Getting in and out of vehicles is easy and the magazine is easily released with little fuss. If you don't have a round chambered it is pretty excellent in that role (road hunting or just riding around the ranch looking for yotes or lopes).
I understand you completely. I have been thinking about this for a couple years. I was for it, then I completely threw it out the window until this week. I started reloading The 223 and found a likeness for the gun. Recoil is no issue for me right now. Iíve shot a 7mm and my 30-06 is just fine where it is. There is the thought of recoil in the tiny tree climber, so that where this gun might be nice.

Old 09-10-2019, 2:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGGRO View Post
You can build a Grendel pretty light and it's perfect for medium game. The only gripe I have with an AR is loud to charge and sometimes forward assist doesn't work when trying to be quiet.
Yeah, it is not a quiet gun in many cases. I just hope that I can get accurate enough with it to take a down a deer quickly. No need in an animal suffering more due to my desire to take it with a ďless than idealĒ gun.

Other the the noise, where there any issues with taking down game quickly?

Old 09-10-2019, 3:36 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Guys the point is, carry the AR out there enough so the ignorant people will get use to see it. Then it becomes normal.

Our area, the rangers use to crack down on us all the time for carry AR type rifles. Now they see it and dont bother us anymore. I am willing to sacrifice carry lbs to make the public more aware than be comfortable...but that's just my view... carry on.
Old 09-10-2019, 4:40 PM
Veteran Member

I run 16incher with linear comp without ear . I can tolerate it out in BLM. Not bad@all .

I believe howa has heavy threaded barrel in 20" . But barrel profile isn't all that heavy
Old 09-10-2019, 5:02 PM

Quote:

Somebody SERIOUSLY needs to handle, shoot, and do some research before they start spreading a bunch of BS. My 20" barreled balances right in front of the mag where the barrel meets receiver. There are MANY bullet choices, which includes many tough bullets that will reach speeds of a .308 Win., like 3,000 fps! And before you call it anemic, you might want to ask why it seems to be one of the preferred calibers for his depredation in other states.
Old 09-10-2019, 5:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mif_slim View Post
Guys the point is, carry the AR out there enough so the ignorant people will get use to see it. Then it becomes normal.

Our area, the rangers use to crack down on us all the time for carry AR type rifles. Now they see it and dont bother us anymore. I am willing to sacrifice carry lbs to make the public more aware than be comfortable...but that's just my view... carry on.
Yeah. That is a point of mine... This is a hunting gun, no long magazine, and it has a purpose. The AR15 is used for sports, hunting, defense, etc.

Old 09-10-2019, 6:34 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisley View Post
Somebody SERIOUSLY needs to handle, shoot, and do some research before they start spreading a bunch of BS. My 20" barreled balances right in front of the mag where the barrel meets receiver. There are MANY bullet choices, which includes many tough bullets that will reach speeds of a .308 Win., like 3,000 fps! And before you call it anemic, you might want to ask why it seems to be one of the preferred calibers for his depredation in other states.
Sure buddy, I don't know what I'm talking about at all.

I'm glad YOUR 20 barreled (you don't name what) balances right in front of the receiver, some do, some don't. I find that when people try to put together a lightweight gun it balances further back, especially with a full mag.

There are a lot of bullet choices, few copper bullets that are good at Grendel speeds.

There is not a 20 inch barreled Grendel chambered rifle loaded with medium/big game bullets on the planet reaching 3000 fps with sane (or even insane) loads. Barnes' own figures top out at 2900 fps in a 24 inch barrel.
  1. Yes it's anemic.
  2. No it's not useless.
  3. Who are you talking about with depredation hunts?
  4. Why do I care about their opinion?
  5. Did you ever stop to think that depredation hunts often have to take into account things like where your bullets go when they pass through and 'anemic' cartridges become de facto to minimize collateral damage along with bullets people would never dream of using on medium/big game?

Yeah, someone needs to do some research.
Old 09-10-2019, 7:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G38xOC View Post
I run 16incher with linear comp without ear . I can tolerate it out in BLM. Not bad@all .

I believe howa has heavy threaded barrel in 20" . But barrel profile isn't all that heavy
The one I ordered is a 20" heavy fluted barrel, but stainless. I will paint it to cut down on glare. I think I will paint the lower and all to some custom, home made camo.

Old 09-10-2019, 7:10 PM
Calguns Addict

I like to hunt with an AR but don’t really see the advantages of a Grendel. An AR is for small to medium game at short ranges. I got a 6.8 but it’s only good for 200 yards. It’s like using a bow compared to a real hunting rifle. I’m realistic about the AR platform.

I will say I like the levang comp to push noise forward.
Old 09-10-2019, 8:55 PM

Well... Iíll let you guys know how it works out...

Iím taking my Grendel to Wyoming this week for a speed goat hunt. It is built on an AR platform, Odin 20Ē barrel, Odin BCG, Guieselle SSA trigger, ALD EMR M-Lok rail, Magpul furniture, and an SWFA SS 3x15x42.

I built this gun more as a range toy, but it consistently cloverleafs factory Hornady 123 gr AMAX and ELD match rounds moving at 2580 fps. at 100 yards ósurprising the hell out of me. Hornadyís SSTs are not as tight, but still sub MOA.

Hereís the kickeróthe gun has absolutely no recoil and is a dream to shoot, which is perfect for the 14 year old kid who is going to be pulling the trigger.

Iím confident that the SSTs will do their job and the kid was shooting 1Ē groups with them last weekend at the range. The down side to this rig is that it weighs in at just over 9lbs with the scope on and loaded.

However, if this rifle and round performs in the field like the pundits say it will, then I think I see a Howa 1500 mini-mag in 6.5 Grendel in my future.

641982C4-E8E6-4B19-8C6F-7E2B8EA59007.jpg

EC91752B-1661-4FBC-98DA-E544E57A606C.jpg
Old 09-11-2019, 6:53 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
The one I ordered is a 20" heavy fluted barrel, but stainless. I will paint it to cut down on glare. I think I will paint the lower and all to some custom, home made camo.
Haha that's exactly how I did mine . Cheap rattle can to match desert camp for coyote rig . Enjoy ur build n post pic once it's done.
Old 09-11-2019, 6:58 AM
Veteran Member

[QUOTE=Arrieta578;23398989]Well... Iíll let you guys know how it works out...

Iím taking my Grendel to Wyoming this week for a speed goat hunt. It is built on an AR platform, Odin 20Ē barrel, Odin BCG, Guieselle SSA trigger, ALD EMR M-Lok rail, Magpul furniture, and an SWFA SS 3x15x42.

I built this gun more as a range toy, but it consistently cloverleafs factory Hornady 123 gr AMAX and ELD match rounds moving at 2580 fps. at 100 yards ósurprising the hell out of me. Hornadyís SSTs are not as tight, but still sub MOA.

Hereís the kickeróthe gun has absolutely no recoil and is a dream to shoot, which is perfect for the 14 year old kid who is going to be pulling the trigger.

Iím confident that the SSTs will do their job and the kid was shooting 1Ē groups with them last weekend at the range. The down side to this rig is that it weighs in at just over 9lbs with the scope on and loaded.

However, if this rifle and round performs in the field like the pundits say it will, then I think I see a Howa 1500 mini-mag in 6.5 Grendel in my future.

Yea , I found Odin barrl to be surprisingly accurate . It does very well with sst and eld black . Your weight isn't that bad compare to mine . I'm at 8lbs n 5.4 oz on 16" 3-9x42 swfa

Last edited by G38xOC; 09-11-2019 at 9:35 AM..
Old 09-11-2019, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G38xOC View Post
Haha that's exactly how I did mine . Cheap rattle can to match desert camp for coyote rig . Enjoy ur build n post pic once it's done.
I sure will post pics of the upper when done! I will use some spray paint as well. I am excited for this project. Everyweek I have a new squirrel to chase, this week it was the Grendle.

Let us know how you do on your hunt. I am looking at a side charger and maybe a quiet buffer. This way, I might be able to put a round in the chamber without scaring the animal. I am also looking for a scope. I have been pleased with my Nikon scope on my hunting rifles. I might just one on her. My parts should be here Friday... If I get the side charger, it will not be here till next week.

I will not get the chance to use the before the end of A zone, but I will be taking it to Arkansas in October and November. I can get it dialed in and ready to go. I will be also taking a bolt gun just in case I have a change of heart using the Grendel. My reloading dies will be here Friday as well. I need to find some brass which I do not think is as easy as others... I know I will be using my case catcher with this gun!

Old 09-11-2019, 12:39 PM
Calguns Addict

Have you considered a 243 or 25 wssm? They may do a better job with the speed needed for copper but I am not a 6.5 expert.
Old 09-11-2019, 1:49 PM

Quote:
I sure will post pics of the upper when done! I will use some spray paint as well. I am excited for this project. Everyweek I have a new squirrel to chase, this week it was the Grendle.

Let us know how you do on your hunt. I am looking at a side charger and maybe a quiet buffer. This way, I might be able to put a round in the chamber without scaring the animal. I am also looking for a scope. I have been pleased with my Nikon scope on my hunting rifles. I might just one on her. My parts should be here Friday... If I get the side charger, it will not be here till next week.

I will not get the chance to use the before the end of A zone, but I will be taking it to Arkansas in October and November. I can get it dialed in and ready to go. I will be also taking a bolt gun just in case I have a change of heart using the Grendel. My reloading dies will be here Friday as well. I need to find some brass which I do not think is as easy as others... I know I will be using my case catcher with this gun!

I built a Grendel for a lightweight backpacking option. I think itís adequate for deer and up until recently, hogs . However on my last hunt a couple of weeks ago, it took more rounds than Iíd care to say to keep this boar down . Granted hogs are notoriously tough , especially boars with that armor like plating. First shot , dropped him in his tracks . He was kicking a bit on the ground before he stopped moving . Iím givin high fives , celebrating and such when this hog gets up and starts steadily walking up the hill . I shot him 5 more times before the Grendel powered by adrenaline and my mediocre shot placement finally defeated his no quit attitude and will to live . All the while Iím thinking , Why didnít I just use the 308 I brought instead ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-11-2019, 1:56 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-11-2019, 7:07 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisley View Post
A 20" barrel? B.S. then why didn't the military ever ... oops nvm.

A 20" barrel is no worse than a model 70 or 700, those seem to work just fine in treestands.
Old 09-11-2019, 7:43 PM
Veteran Member

Cal . You can check out these guys
https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.c...=Grendel+brass

They also sell starline brass , but I found its slightly cheaper to buy from starline direct . Plus free shipping .
But midsouth has decent price on hornady stuff .
Old 09-11-2019, 8:56 PM

I know the gender isn't the most ideal. Same as the creedmore. My friend said he would not hunt with his creedmore anymore.

This is more a fun build, get it out of my system. I have a more than a few hunting calibers at my disposal that will get the job done like 270, 30-30, 30-06, 7mm, etc. I know this thing just might not be as light as my bolt guns.

This is just another one for the collection. I could have gone with 16-18, but I wanted it long. My other bolt guns a 22 and 24" barrel. I am upgrading my buffer to either a polished or quiet buffer spring. This along with eh side charger should make it easier to use.

Hunting from a tree climber, length is a hassle and so is recoil. With the ar, it will be little recoil. I am not yet convinced my ar will be lighter... One of the guns I have there is made with a polymer lower and upper.

Bottom line, just another fun gun that may be more useful than the range

Old 09-12-2019, 7:30 AM

I could fill pages of pics from my 14.5" ( pinned flash hider to 16" ) grendel on big game, youll be fine
Old 09-12-2019, 8:10 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I know the gender isn't the most ideal.

I have a more than a few hunting calibers at my disposal that will get the job done like 270, 30-30, 30-06, 7mm, etc.

I could have gone with 16-18, but I wanted it long. My other bolt guns a 22 and 24" barrel.

Hunting from a tree climber, length is a hassle and so is recoil. With the ar, it will be little recoil. I am not yet convinced my ar will be lighter... One of the guns I have there is made with a polymer lower and upper.
It's not that the Grendel isn't ideal, there's no such thing as ideal. Cartridges are good in their proper application. That being said, I put the Grendel about on par with the .30-30 within 200 yards with copper bullets (160 monoflex leverevolution vs. a full charge behind a 100grain TTSX), and past that I don't think either cartridge from a 20" or less barrel has the gas to make even a 'decent' medium/big game cartridge with copper bullets.

As for the length, I just eyeballed a couple of rifles and it looks to me like a 20 inch barreled AR with a muzzle device of some sort is about the same length as a short action bolt rifle with a 22 inch barrel. So if keeping it short is a primary concern I'd skip the muzzle device and/or think a bit more about a shorter barrel.

In the case of recoil, the Grendel is comparatively gentle to most medium/big game cartridges. In regards to weight, you can certainly make them pretty light, but unless you want to spend a lot of time internet shopping and paying premium prices I'd guess with optics and fully loaded with 5 rounds you'll be looking at a ~8lb+ AR which puts it in pretty much the same category as most hunting oriented bolt rifles (when loaded and with optics).

By all means, build it, go hunt with it, use it within its limitations, and put meat in the freezer. If you need to justify its existence call it your 'ranch' rifle or your loose interpretation of a scout rifle. But mostly, if you want to do it, go for it.
Old 09-12-2019, 9:18 AM

Quote:
It's not that the Grendel isn't ideal, there's no such thing as ideal. Cartridges are good in their proper application. That being said, I put the Grendel about on par with the .30-30 within 200 yards with copper bullets (160 monoflex leverevolution vs. a full charge behind a 100grain TTSX), and past that I don't think either cartridge from a 20" or less barrel has the gas to make even a 'decent' medium/big game cartridge with copper bullets.

As for the length, I just eyeballed a couple of rifles and it looks to me like a 20 inch barreled AR with a muzzle device of some sort is about the same length as a short action bolt rifle with a 22 inch barrel. So if keeping it short is a primary concern I'd skip the muzzle device and/or think a bit more about a shorter barrel.

In the case of recoil, the Grendel is comparatively gentle to most medium/big game cartridges. In regards to weight, you can certainly make them pretty light, but unless you want to spend a lot of time internet shopping and paying premium prices I'd guess with optics and fully loaded with 5 rounds you'll be looking at a ~8lb+ AR which puts it in pretty much the same category as most hunting oriented bolt rifles (when loaded and with optics).

By all means, build it, go hunt with it, use it within its limitations, and put meat in the freezer. If you need to justify its existence call it your 'ranch' rifle or your loose interpretation of a scout rifle. But mostly, if you want to do it, go for it.
Yeah. Now that I have two bolts since I decided to go with a side charger, I will probably get a shorter barrel down the line to make a compact, shorter range hunter. I went with a longer barrel for more power/range. I almost purchased the 24", but I settled on 20".

I will know this weekend where I am with weight. I was messing around with some of the other guns to see which one I may one to put the upper on. My wife's rifle is really light and my main one is on the heavy side... I did purposely build the Mrs. lighter and we can still shed a little weight. I also have a light weight lower back home.

More for the CA bull... Which lower will I use now is more do I want to use the fixed mag ones or the featureless ones.

Old 09-12-2019, 1:09 PM

Quote:
Yeah, it is not a quiet gun in many cases. I just hope that I can get accurate enough with it to take a down a deer quickly. No need in an animal suffering more due to my desire to take it with a “less than ideal” gun.

Other the the noise, where there any issues with taking down game quickly?
I've been shooting 123 amax for years and haven't lost a deer or hog less than 300 yards which is where I draw the line with the 6.5.
caliber Max case COL powder/type Grain Bullet weight/make Primer bullet diameter Velocity Notes
6.5 grendel 1.52 2.26 IMR 8208 XBR 28 123 Amax win small mag rifle 0.264 2545 IMR

Very impressive wound channels. Now with this copper mess I'm dropping all the way down to 100 TTSX so we'll see how it looks @ fps. I'm expecting around 2700 and change and it still has a decent BC.

I have dozens of rifles to choose from but this one has quickly become my favorite for hunting.
Old 09-12-2019, 1:41 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I've been shooting 123 amax for years and haven't lost a deer or hog less than 300 yards which is where I draw the line with the 6.5.
caliber Max case COL powder/type Grain Bullet weight/make Primer bullet diameter Velocity Notes
6.5 grendel 1.52 2.26 IMR 8208 XBR 28 123 Amax win small mag rifle 0.264 2545 IMR

Very impressive wound channels. Now with this copper mess I'm dropping all the way down to 100 TTSX so we'll see how it looks @ fps. I'm expecting around 2700 and change and it still has a decent BC.

I have dozens of rifles to choose from but this one has quickly become my favorite for hunting.
What length barrel to achieve that 2545 with 28 grains of 8208?
Old 09-12-2019, 1:59 PM

Quote:
What length barrel to achieve that 2545 with 28 grains of 8208?

I typically run some pretty hot loads but primers are still fine. It's a bit more than 28 grains but it's for my gun and anyone else would need to ladder up for theirs. That is the average between two different chronos.
Old 09-12-2019, 2:05 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

I typically run some pretty hot loads but primers are still fine. It's a bit more than 28 grains but it's for my gun and anyone else would need to ladder up for theirs. That is the average between two different chronos.
I was curious, I worked up to 28.5 in a 16 inch barrel but didn't set up my chrony (at a public range and didn't want to waste time during the cease fire). Not a lot of on target variation from 27.5-28.5 (but only at 100 yards so practically worthless looking at vertical dispersion there) so I figured I'd just load up a 20 or so at 28 and shoot for groups until BLM opens up for target shooting again.
Old 09-12-2019, 2:26 PM

Quote:
I was curious, I worked up to 28.5 in a 16 inch barrel but didn't set up my chrony (at a public range and didn't want to waste time during the cease fire). Not a lot of on target variation from 27.5-28.5 (but only at 100 yards so practically worthless looking at vertical dispersion there) so I figured I'd just load up a 20 or so at 28 and shoot for groups until BLM opens up for target shooting again.
Ya, I'm shelving all that data for now since we have to use copper. I hate public ranges and will be heading out in the heat which is gonna suck in a couple weeks. 8208 seems to work pretty good in shorter barrels. I'm going to try some Leverevolution too.

Right now I'm just scrambling to come up with hunt loads for a few firearms.
Old 09-15-2019, 3:38 PM

Ok... So I put this together Friday night and put on on one of my complete lowers.. for now, I have it on a cheap scope mount and my Nikon predator 3-9x 40... I am about to get another 4-12x by 40mm later today. I know I can put a much more powerful scope on this... But I have an issue.

The bolt and barrel is a type 2. When I test with empty and located round, no fire control group, the bolt gets jammed... And extracting isa pain. I don't know if the barrel needs to be reamed or what. I will be contacting the seller tomorrow.

I am using Hornady 123 SST. I don't I'd the "match" barrel has tolerance is too tight or what. Some form using luapa brass and reloading is better.

This thing should take any thing out there... 🧐
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190915_162539.jpg (50.1 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 20190915_162420-756x1008.jpg (95.6 KB, 13 views)

Old 09-16-2019, 8:59 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Ok... So I put this together Friday night and put on on one of my complete lowers.. for now, I have it on a cheap scope mount and my Nikon predator 3-9x 40... I am about to get another 4-12x by 40mm later today. I know I can put a much more powerful scope on this... But I have an issue.

The bolt and barrel is a type 2. When I test with empty and located round, no fire control group, the bolt gets jammed... And extracting isa pain. I don't know if the barrel needs to be reamed or what. I will be contacting the seller tomorrow.

I am using Hornady 123 SST. I don't I'd the "match" barrel has tolerance is too tight or what. Some form using luapa brass and reloading is better.

This thing should take any thing out there... 🧐
Could you go a little more indepth on how the bolt is getting jammed? Is it that it won't fully go into battery?

Did you get the bolt and barrel as a set? Could it be that your chamber is cut to min specs and your bolt cut to max specs, causing you to have to really squish and push on the brass to get the locking lugs to engage?