Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Turner's Outdoorsman
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2019, 1:34 PM

Default Turner's Temecula Jack*****

Where does Turner’s find such incompetent people to hire? A few days ago I was in the Temecula store to buy some ammo and do the background check on it. So they tell me I need to pick a number and wait for my number to be called. As I’m standing there I noticed one of the black-shirt girls (Dannie) working on the computer in the corner. I watch her working on something pretty diligently, going between her cell phone to the computer, and back and forth. She must be trying to find a gun or part for a customer (or so I think). But then I over hear her tell one of the other girls there that she is planning her wedding, looking at different venues. What the HELL!!!

My time is money, wasting time on doing a background check on ammo is bad enough, but having to wait even longer because there is an incompetent person there with absolutely no customer service skills is not acceptable. Turner’s should try to hire better quality people if they care about their customers. Or maybe they just don’t care.

Oh and to top if off, when my number was finally called and the guy starts helping me with getting my ammo, I ask him what is up with that Dannie. He tells me that she was just promoted to manager. Guess she thinks she doesn’t need to help customers anymore. Way to go Turners.
Old 09-06-2019, 1:41 PM
Veteran Member

Has anyone said they suuuuuuck lately?

How are you surprised?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-06-2019, 1:44 PM

Did you try contacting corporate directly and telling them what's going on in their store?
Old 09-06-2019, 2:01 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwalt View Post
Did you try contacting corporate directly and telling them what's going on in their store?

Where do you think they get these great skills from. Starts at the top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-06-2019, 2:12 PM

Is she hot? Maybe she was on a break?
Old 09-06-2019, 2:24 PM
Cantankerous old coot
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by vino68 View Post
Is she hot? Maybe she was on a break?
Yeah!
Old 09-06-2019, 2:41 PM
Veteran Member

Maybe she was on break/lunch?
Old 09-06-2019, 6:31 PM
Veteran Member

Jeeze, just two posts by you on Calguns and both are flaming a good member of the shooting sports industry and clearly a business that supports our 2A rights? Sheesh.

Perhaps if you went into a business not wearing your AOC or Nancy Pelosi mask you might get better service. You should lay off the Low T supplements, put on some big boy pants, and grow up.

Most folks here know Turners is a great place to shop, good prices and good service, and good supporters of CRPA, NRA, and 2A issues.
Old 09-10-2019, 9:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepergeo View Post
Jeeze, just two posts by you on Calguns and both are flaming a good member of the shooting sports industry and clearly a business that supports our 2A rights? Sheesh.

Perhaps if you went into a business not wearing your AOC or Nancy Pelosi mask you might get better service. You should lay off the Low T supplements, put on some big boy pants, and grow up.

Most folks here know Turners is a great place to shop, good prices and good service, and good supporters of CRPA, NRA, and 2A issues.
^ this.

I've had nothing but great service at several Turners, especially the Temecula spot.
Old 09-10-2019, 9:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny556 View Post
Where does Turner’s find such incompetent people to hire? A few days ago I was in the Temecula store to buy some ammo and do the background check on it. So they tell me I need to pick a number and wait for my number to be called. As I’m standing there I noticed one of the black-shirt girls (Dannie) working on the computer in the corner. I watch her working on something pretty diligently, going between her cell phone to the computer, and back and forth. She must be trying to find a gun or part for a customer (or so I think). But then I over hear her tell one of the other girls there that she is planning her wedding, looking at different venues. What the HELL!!!

My time is money, wasting time on doing a background check on ammo is bad enough, but having to wait even longer because there is an incompetent person there with absolutely no customer service skills is not acceptable. Turner’s should try to hire better quality people if they care about their customers. Or maybe they just don’t care.

Oh and to top if off, when my number was finally called and the guy starts helping me with getting my ammo, I ask him what is up with that Dannie. He tells me that she was just promoted to manager. Guess she thinks she doesn’t need to help customers anymore. Way to go Turners.
Did a PPT there 12 days ago flawlessly, will do nother this Sunday.
Old 09-10-2019, 12:56 PM

Just FYI, this is not Yelp. And only two posts in over two years of being a member and they're both bashing Turners? How about just don't go to Turners.....
Old 09-10-2019, 1:10 PM

In my experience with Turner's they have the attitude of "we're, just about, the only game in town so we can be dicks and you STILL have to deal with us". At least that is my experience at most of their stores. That said I've also had extremely good service at the Chino Hills store. Everybody there was on top of it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 09-10-2019, 1:42 PM

My experience with Turner's varies from "I don't have a clue what I'm doing but I'm trying to do my best sir I wish the manager would get over here it's my second day" to waiting an hour to be served because the poor guy at the counter basically had to do a 1 hour beginners safety course before he felt comfortable letting the guy ahead of me take his new Glock home.

I've had a few of them who didn't have a clue, but they weren't nasty about it. They're often really understaffed. These are my only two complaints about the counter help.

Most of my experience has been at the Rancho, Pasadena, and El Cajon stores.
Old 11-27-2019, 12:40 PM

At this point I blame you people that for whatever reason still shop at Turner's.

You are clearly trying to purposefully waste your money and time.

Now if you're geographically forced that's a different story, I guess.

The Lake Forest store for instance. Zero excuse, there are SEVERAL reputable independent shops within 5 minutes.
Old 12-30-2019, 2:44 PM

They should have someone doing ammo separately because when someone buys a firearm be prepared to add another 20-30 mins while waiting to be called. Add another 5 when that one guy talks about new products or a story on both sides of the counter. I don’t mind it but when you have more than 5-7 people behind you just stop. Turners is like a what do you want? Yes, no, idk place on a good day you get the good customer service/ hospitality. The dirty blonde hair girl with the jacket doesn’t have exceptional customer service skills. I fell as she just wants to rush you out of there.
Old 01-05-2020, 7:00 PM

My daughter was handled very rudely by a female sales associate last week inCorona
But she now understands turners had competition like Bullseye sport in Riverside where they actually help and educate buyers.