Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > FFL's Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

FFL's Forum For open discussion between FFLs and polite questions for FFLs.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-14-2019, 3:39 PM
Johnny619 Johnny619 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 84
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default Home based 01 FFL Riverside county ?'s

Any home based 01 FFL's in Riverside County? Specifically, Temecula, Murrieta and Winchester? I was looking into getting an FFL, home based (FFL transfers, PPT's, cerakoting, machine work, etc). And I know in San Diego, they stopped that years ago. But since I am retiring from the Army in about a year, I was thinking of moving my family up north, and wanted to do something along the lines like Gusslers in Santee.

I am in the process of doing more research online, just thought I would also ask while I am searching. Thank you!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-15-2019, 7:31 AM
cliffv's Avatar
cliffv cliffv is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Corona, CA
Posts: 154
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

I recently received my 01 in the city of Corona. I pretty much following the sticky in this forum to make a list of things that I needed and then started checking things off as I went. The whole process took me about 6 months to complete and a handful of cash. I keep a log of what I was doing (see attached).
I went thru the whole process to make some side money (still have a full-time job) and, I personally, abhor having to go to my LGS to buy anything and got a little tired of the "counter commandos." I've never been an armorer or, hunting guide, or long-range shooter, or <insert stereotype here> but, rather was just a firearms hobbyist that decided it would be an OK business to get into. Plus, in California, you have a pretty captive audience. When the time comes that I decide that I need a B&M store though I'll probably move the business out of state.
If there is any help that I can offer let feel free to contact me.

Cliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny619 View Post
Any home based 01 FFL's in Riverside County? Specifically, Temecula, Murrieta and Winchester? I was looking into getting an FFL, home based (FFL transfers, PPT's, cerakoting, machine work, etc). And I know in San Diego, they stopped that years ago. But since I am retiring from the Army in about a year, I was thinking of moving my family up north, and wanted to do something along the lines like Gusslers in Santee.

I am in the process of doing more research online, just thought I would also ask while I am searching. Thank you!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf STEPS TO BECOME A FIREARMS DEALER IN CALIFORNIA.pdf (144.4 KB, 44 views)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-16-2019, 3:58 PM
MO-bound MO-bound is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Inland Empire
Posts: 32
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I can't help other than to say that yes there are home-based FFL's here (not me). I do all of my purchasing these days from a home-based 01FFL in Riverside (inside city limits), so it is possible. So much nicer that going to the LGS and dealing with the counter commandos, as cliffv said.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-20-2019, 1:21 PM
Johnny619 Johnny619 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 84
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffv View Post
I recently received my 01 in the city of Corona. I pretty much following the sticky in this forum to make a list of things that I needed and then started checking things off as I went. The whole process took me about 6 months to complete and a handful of cash. I keep a log of what I was doing (see attached).
I went thru the whole process to make some side money (still have a full-time job) and, I personally, abhor having to go to my LGS to buy anything and got a little tired of the "counter commandos." I've never been an armorer or, hunting guide, or long-range shooter, or <insert stereotype here> but, rather was just a firearms hobbyist that decided it would be an OK business to get into. Plus, in California, you have a pretty captive audience. When the time comes that I decide that I need a B&M store though I'll probably move the business out of state.
If there is any help that I can offer let feel free to contact me.

Cliff

Hey Cliff Thank you for the reply. That is good to know, and thank you for the link. I briefly looked at it before I posted, but I may have to read through it tonight. Thank you sir!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-20-2019, 1:23 PM
Johnny619 Johnny619 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 84
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO-bound View Post
I can't help other than to say that yes there are home-based FFL's here (not me). I do all of my purchasing these days from a home-based 01FFL in Riverside (inside city limits), so it is possible. So much nicer that going to the LGS and dealing with the counter commandos, as cliffv said.
Ok thank you for the information! I am looking up info to see if they are currently still giving out FFL's to homebased businesses. I know in San Diego County it was fine, until they stopped, and all the ones are now grandfathered in.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-23-2019, 3:36 PM
-hanko's Avatar
-hanko -hanko is online now
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Bay Area & SW Idaho
Posts: 11,276
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny619 View Post
Ok thank you for the information! I am looking up info to see if they are currently still giving out FFL's to homebased businesses. I know in San Diego County it was fine, until they stopped, and all the ones are now grandfathered in.
You can search for -01 ffl's by zip code on the BATFE website.
__________________
Tactical is like boobs...you can sell anything with it....arf

If I could live my life all over,
It wouldn't matter anyway,
'Cause I never could stay sober
On the Corpus Christi Bay. Robert Earl Keene

Heaven goes by favor.
If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-31-2019, 6:58 AM
brassburnz's Avatar
brassburnz brassburnz is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,223
iTrader: 152 / 100%
Default

I downloaded the STEPS file. I didn't realize it was for YOUR business. Quite impressive and extremely informative. I plan on retiring in a few years and was wondering what to do with the extra time. Your plan would take up all that time and more to get started, but seems worth it. Congrats!


Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffv View Post
I recently received my 01 in the city of Corona. I pretty much following the sticky in this forum to make a list of things that I needed and then started checking things off as I went. The whole process took me about 6 months to complete and a handful of cash. I keep a log of what I was doing (see attached).
I went thru the whole process to make some side money (still have a full-time job) and, I personally, abhor having to go to my LGS to buy anything and got a little tired of the "counter commandos." I've never been an armorer or, hunting guide, or long-range shooter, or <insert stereotype here> but, rather was just a firearms hobbyist that decided it would be an OK business to get into. Plus, in California, you have a pretty captive audience. When the time comes that I decide that I need a B&M store though I'll probably move the business out of state.
If there is any help that I can offer let feel free to contact me.

Cliff
__________________
Randy
NRA Life Member
CRPA Life Member

1N73LL1G3NC3 15 7H3 4B1L17Y 70 4D4P7 70 CH4NG3. -573PH3N H4WK1NG
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-03-2019, 2:39 PM
Johnny619 Johnny619 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 84
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -hanko View Post
You can search for -01 ffl's by zip code on the BATFE website.
Awesome thank you for the info!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 6:49 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.