Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 05-11-2021, 7:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal547 View Post
Havenít heard of anyone getting rejected after being handed their live scan form. In fact no one has reported they got rejected after getting an interview.
There was a gentleman a few pages back who got an interview but was not handed a livescan afterwards and was told they would give him a decision in 4-6 weeks (guessing that's the polite way of denial)
Old 05-11-2021, 7:36 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp717 View Post
Question, for those who have gone through the interview and got a livescan form afterwards, is there still a chance good cause wonít be accepted and a denial letter be sent? Reason being, deputy stated the only good cause he will accept would be light red or yellow, however, he did give me a livescan form after the interview. My GC was light green.
I would not feel confident until youíre told to proceed with training. JMHO
Old 05-11-2021, 7:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thethreegs View Post
There was a gentleman a few pages back who got an interview but was not handed a livescan afterwards and was told they would give him a decision in 4-6 weeks (guessing that's the polite way of denial)
Yeah. I saw that too but he never updated us. Also according to him it had something to do with his record as a juvenile. So it sounds like his good cause was accepted but if they do end up denying him it would be based on good moral character.
Old 05-11-2021, 7:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
I would not feel confident until youíre told to proceed with training. JMHO
Any examples of people doing a livescan and getting denied after (assuming there wasn't a discrepancy)?
Old 05-11-2021, 8:01 PM

Iím using work as my GC, I sometime work earlier in the morning (3-4 AM) and there are homeless problem around the area.... Iím not the owner but Iím able to get referred letter from work, am I consider yellow or light green ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-11-2021, 8:10 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA1978 View Post
Iím using work as my GC, I sometime work earlier in the morning (3-4 AM) and there are homeless problem around the area.... Iím not the owner but Iím able to get referred letter from work, am I consider yellow or light green ?

Looks like yellow.

NRA RSO and Pistol, Shotgun, PPITH, PPOTH Instructor
Old 05-11-2021, 9:31 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thethreegs View Post
Any examples of people doing a livescan and getting denied after (assuming there wasn't a discrepancy)?
I canít recall.

When AV first started issuing for Dark Red and Light Red I got into the habit of deleting PMs at least every weekend for OpSec. Now that weíre at the point of verifying Light Green is acceptable those privacy security measures seem overkill. If/when LG is confirmed by more than the previous two CGNers Iíll be spending less time on LA Co.

Just a FYI
Old 05-11-2021, 10:43 PM

3/23 application dropped off at local station
3/24 check cashed
4/14 called for interview
4/21 interviewed
4/21 live scanned
Old 05-12-2021, 1:48 AM

Default question for my friend

Hey calgunners.. Hoping to get some insight on this.. My friend is a 29 year old female.. live in south la witch we all know is a high crime area.. Her home has been broken into twice.. I worried so much that I introduced her to competitive shooting so she can be more familiar and confident over time with firearms handling, movement etc.. She is a social worker and deals with homeless kids as well as some with mental issues.. At times she has to enter their homes, witch are provided for them through this company... She has already had comments from a couple of guys that their current girlfriends did not approve of her ( my friend) coming into their home, picking them up for grocery runs etc etc.. Clearly we all can agree she is at a high risk..

So we were wondering if the detective that is looking into her background will be contacting her employer.. if so , what kind of questions might be asked and or will it be disclosed as to why the background is happening.. She doesn't want to get fired over this or outcasted.. She has not sent her application yet .. she was wondering if she should have a talk with her supervisor to feel her out on this subject.. We don't know any advise would be appreciated..

sorry for the long letter lol.. Also me being in real estate, will that mean they will call my office? just curious what to expect I guess.. I'm still waiting on the initial call from lasd .. Check has been cashed already and its coming on up to almost a month now since my check has been cashed. April 15th it was cashed.
Old 05-12-2021, 5:28 AM

They won't contact your employer.

Firearms is a touchy subject and I think LASD understands that.

BUT, you will have to show proof of employment and good standing. Unlike the other people on this thread, I brought a manila folder with copies of everything from my application, the check, good cause statement, DROs of firearms, latest pay stub, W2, my offer letter when I first joined the company in 2013.

Obliviously way beyond what was asked of me, but the deputy took everything I offered and photocopied it and put it all in my file.
Old 05-12-2021, 6:46 AM

For anyone who completed their livescan, how long did it take for LASD to reach out and tell you to proceed with training?
Old 05-12-2021, 7:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blam1 View Post
For anyone who completed their livescan, how long did it take for LASD to reach out and tell you to proceed with training?
About a week.
Old 05-12-2021, 9:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdown.- View Post
About a week.
Was this a week after the firearms portion cleared or a week from when live scan was taken and initiated
Old 05-12-2021, 9:20 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1abob View Post
Hey calgunners.. Hoping to get some insight on this.. My friend is a 29 year old female.. live in south la witch we all know is a high crime area.. Her home has been broken into twice.. I worried so much that I introduced her to competitive shooting so she can be more familiar and confident over time with firearms handling, movement etc.. She is a social worker and deals with homeless kids as well as some with mental issues.. At times she has to enter their homes, witch are provided for them through this company... She has already had comments from a couple of guys that their current girlfriends did not approve of her ( my friend) coming into their home, picking them up for grocery runs etc etc.. Clearly we all can agree she is at a high risk..

So we were wondering if the detective that is looking into her background will be contacting her employer.. if so , what kind of questions might be asked and or will it be disclosed as to why the background is happening.. She doesn't want to get fired over this or outcasted.. She has not sent her application yet .. she was wondering if she should have a talk with her supervisor to feel her out on this subject.. We don't know any advise would be appreciated..

sorry for the long letter lol.. Also me being in real estate, will that mean they will call my office? just curious what to expect I guess.. I'm still waiting on the initial call from lasd .. Check has been cashed already and its coming on up to almost a month now since my check has been cashed. April 15th it was cashed.
Social services may not approve of your friend being armed while on the job, so do some research on that matter before using that specific good cause as LASD will most likely seek documentation about her employment and even possibly contact with social services. However, if she goes this route, I believe paystubs and W-2 will be adequate proof of employment. If she's had break-ins at her home and have filed police reports, I believe this would be a very strong good cause reason and probably the one she should consider using on her application if she's concerned about her employers knowing she intends to carry working in the field.

As for your employment, I suggest including a copy of your RE license and just an employment letter from your broker. Also include copies of any commission paycheck stubs or 1099/tax related proof of payments from broker to you. That will probably be sufficient to prove your employment status.

American Marksman Training Group
Visit our American Marksman Facebook Page
Diamond Bar CCW Facebook Page

NRA Memberships at Discounted fee

Last edited by Mute; 05-12-2021 at 9:22 AM..
Old 05-12-2021, 10:31 AM

Im starting to get convinced that my local station either lost or never got my application to the hall of justice. My application was light red GC. I had letter of reference from my work along with bank statements as well in my application, along with a denial letter from PD. I submitted 3-24, still no call.

I know that denial is not needed now though. Should I resubmit my application again dropping it off directly at the hall of justice ?
Old 05-12-2021, 10:32 AM

Im starting to get convinced that my local station either lost or never got my application to the hall of justice. My application was light red GC. I had letter of reference from my work along with bank statements as well in my application, along with a denial letter from PD. I submitted 3-24, still no call.

I know that denial is not needed now though. Should I resubmit my application again dropping it off directly at the hall of justice ?
Old 05-12-2021, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdown.- View Post
They won't contact your employer.

Firearms is a touchy subject and I think LASD understands that.

BUT, you will have to show proof of employment and good standing. Unlike the other people on this thread, I brought a manila folder with copies of everything from my application, the check, good cause statement, DROs of firearms, latest pay stub, W2, my offer letter when I first joined the company in 2013.

Obliviously way beyond what was asked of me, but the deputy took everything I offered and photocopied it and put it all in my file.
I hope you blacked out your SSN and other such sensitive information.
Old 05-12-2021, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunsNCars View Post

If you read a couple of the past post by people who submitted their paperwork around your time at their local station they are just starting to get calls. You can also contact them using the LASD website or email them and inquire as to the status of your application. Good luck.
Old 05-12-2021, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Cal_OC View Post
Looks like yellow.

there no cash transaction but the warehouse storage item worth million of dollar, is it good enough to push me in light red ?

Old 05-12-2021, 11:16 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
there no cash transaction but the warehouse storage item worth million of dollar, is it good enough to push me in light red ?

Perhaps. Although Yellow GC are being approved from what Iíve read here.

NRA RSO and Pistol, Shotgun, PPITH, PPOTH Instructor
Old 05-12-2021, 11:17 AM

Quote:

I believe light red would only apply if you were the owner. Sounds like your good cause is based on going to work, not while at work. If youíre looking to carry at work that would just be at the owners discretion.
Old 05-12-2021, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal547 View Post
If you read a couple of the past post by people who submitted their paperwork around your time at their local station they are just starting to get calls. You can also contact them using the LASD website or email them and inquire as to the status of your application. Good luck.
Yes I have been following it, Ill give it another week before I reach out. Thanks
Old 05-12-2021, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunsNCars View Post
Yes I have been following it, Ill give it another week before I reach out. Thanks
I submitted 3/17 to the station closest to hall of justice, still no call/letter. Emailed last month and got the generic "you will be contacted when your file is assigned" response. Have the same feelings that you do about where my app went, then I see dates posted here who are just getting calls and my hopes raise slightly.
Old 05-12-2021, 1:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageShooter40 View Post
I submitted 3/17 to the station closest to hall of justice, still no call/letter. Emailed last month and got the generic "you will be contacted when your file is assigned" response. Have the same feelings that you do about where my app went, then I see dates posted here who are just getting calls and my hopes raise slightly.
I regret not taking it direct to the hall of justice lol Forsure wouldve gotten a call by now.
Old 05-12-2021, 1:27 PM

Parking sucks at DTLA/Hall of justice.

I would just resubmit. I don't think it does any harm.

Once they find the duplicate, they'll just throw it out. Of if the ycall you, just say "hey I'm already in the process, this was a duplicate application"
Old 05-12-2021, 4:39 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Cal_OC View Post
Perhaps. Although Yellow GC are being approved from what Iíve read here.
LA Co has been moved to "Light Green".

You should always look at the path of least resistance. Apply with the easiest good cause section.

Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erion929 View Post

ĒBenitez 3:29 Thou shall not limit magazine capacityĒ
Old 05-12-2021, 7:00 PM

Quote:
Was your check cashed?
Old 05-12-2021, 7:00 PM

Has anyone on here received a denial letter?
Old 05-12-2021, 7:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpe21 View Post
Was your check cashed?
Yep about 3 days after I submitted the app. Check cashing and interview date really have no correlation
Old 05-12-2021, 8:46 PM

The only good cause I can think of for my situation is carrying multiple firearms such to going to the gun range that adds up to considerable value, and going to places such as mountains where there's no cell phone coverage around that area. Is that considered light green or dark green GC? Should I give it a try?
Old 05-12-2021, 8:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Observer View Post
The only good cause I can think of for my situation is carrying multiple firearms such to going to the gun range that adds up to considerable value, and going to places such as mountains where there's no cell phone coverage around that area. Is that considered light green or dark green GC? Should I give it a try?
From my understanding, it's a light green GC as recreational. I used that as my GC as well. Haven't received any update mailed in my app on 4/8/21
Old 05-12-2021, 9:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrcarr67 View Post
LA Co has been moved to "Light Green".

You should always look at the path of least resistance. Apply with the easiest good cause section.

Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk
No offense but I donít think thatís a good way to look at it. Light green good cause is the bare minimum they are willing to accept. Given that some good cause reasons are subjective you donít want to fall on the wrong side of that evaluation and have the person reviewing your good cause statement consider it dark green instead of light green. If you have a yellow, light red, or dark red good cause youíre better off using one of those since they are definitely accepting those colors. Of course you must be able to prove any good cause you use as well as be able to articulate it well both on the application and the in person interview.
Old 05-12-2021, 9:12 PM

Also just a quick question. I currently have a traffic moving violation that I haven't paid for and cleared yet, do they automatically deny anyone that has a moving violation/accident for the past 5 years?
Old 05-12-2021, 9:17 PM

Pay for it. Bring the receipt
Old 05-12-2021, 9:44 PM

Quote:
Yep about 3 days after I submitted the app. Check cashing and interview date really have no correlation
Just curious because if/since your check was cashed, at least you know some eyes have at least briefly been on your app.