Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns Expatriates
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Expatriates For members who have left California but remain Calgunners

Old 04-09-2021, 7:52 AM
Progressives Suck!
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAJ475 View Post
First, Welcome. Remember to bring the tool to remove your bullet buttons. LGS do not carry them.
Do you have a CA CCW permit. If so, you should take the 8hr class and apply for an Enhanced Idaho CWL while you are still a CA resident. Otherwise you will have to wait 6 months to apply. If you get an enhanced Idaho CWL while a non resident, when you move to Idaho it is merely a change of address. An Enhanced Idaho CWL and an Idaho DL means no NICS checks when you purchase firearms. You still have to complete the ATF 4473 form.

I took the enhanced class at Center Target Sports in Post Falls. All of their April 2021 classes are full, as is the May 1st class. From what I understand, LegalHeat offers enhanced classes in CDA. I have no idea what range(s) they use. Also check with the Sheriff for times that you can submit your application and be printed.
Thank you for the helpful info. I will sign up when I have a better handle on our actual move date. We have an extended close.

I did not register my rifles because I knew I was getting out of Commiefornia. I went Featureless with a couple lowers, and just took the stocks off and separated the rest. I keep everything legal since there is no sense risking everything when there is (currently) not reason to.

I'm going to set up a gun trust too, but right now I just need to make sure our move happens.
Old 04-09-2021, 7:55 AM
Progressives Suck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo1 View Post
Speaking of Post Falls, as soon as you can, you need to check out the Antique Gun Shoppe & Military Items there. It's too boss. PAX
Thanks, I had not heard of that. I've looked at the locations of gun stores, but not specifics.

I'm interested in finding a store up there that will allow my wife to shoot before she buys a CCW.
Old 04-09-2021, 8:00 AM
Calguns Addict

Good thing you are going in July. The snow should be low enough to find the house you bought.
Old 04-09-2021, 8:07 AM
Progressives Suck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotnguns View Post
Bluebird rocks! Especially with a blue vehicle.

By the way, you cali expats need to get over this stigma about being from cali. You have as much right to be here as anyone else. You might hear grousing from long-term residents about driving up house prices, but they sure didn't complain about the money you paid!
Thanks for that. But it is pretty hard on the ID natives because many people just starting out will not be able to afford a home in their own State.

I wish there was a solution for that, but it has helped enrich existing property owners so there is that.
Old 04-09-2021, 8:28 AM
Progressives Suck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1NM View Post
Good thing you are going in July. The snow should be low enough to find the house you bought.
We're voting for nice people and freedom over weather and a Commie government. Besides with the money we save we can go anywhere we want, including to our house boat on Lake Shasta. Or on vacation to a sunny location in the winter. Staying in California is not something we want to do.

There was no snow on the ground when we first got there four weeks ago. In fact, the first time we went to hang out in CDA it was 55 and clear for three days. We actually wanted the weather to be terrible so that we would know what its like. When we were there again about 10 days ago, it was a little cloudy and a little cooler, but still nicer than we expected/wanted. We are aware that we can get snow as late as June there.

My wife and I have spent time in the snow, she lived in upper New York for 4 years. The worst case is we get tired of snow in a couple or three years and move, or buy cheap place in AZ to go to.

South ID is much different.

Last edited by ScottsBad; 04-13-2021 at 4:13 PM..
Old 04-09-2021, 8:32 AM

Look up Bill Rapier, Gold Squadron-Team 6 dude. Amtac Shooting. Awesome instructor in CDA area. Welcome!
Old 04-09-2021, 8:35 AM
Progressives Suck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIELDWORKS360 View Post
Look up Bill Rapier, Gold Squadron-Team 6 dude. Amtac Shooting. Awesome instructor in CDA area. Welcome!
Thank you for that.
Old 04-11-2021, 1:33 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottsBad View Post
I'm interested in finding a store up there that will allow my wife to shoot before she buys a CCW.
Check out Wrenco. They are on the left side of hwy95 heading north just as you're leaving Ponderay. They have an indoor range and also give the class necessary for enhanced CCW - which is what you will need when you carry in neighboring states.
Old 04-13-2021, 11:04 AM
Progressives Suck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHeavyHitter View Post
Check out Wrenco. They are on the left side of hwy95 heading north just as you're leaving Ponderay. They have an indoor range and also give the class necessary for enhanced CCW - which is what you will need when you carry in neighboring states.
Thank you for the suggestion. I'll check it out.
Old 04-13-2021, 11:25 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1NM View Post
Stay in West Covina..... it is much nicer there, and you don't have to put up with empty roads, courteous folks, and the horror of having too many choices on what to buy and where to recreate.

"Give a conservative a pile of bricks and you get a beautiful city. Give a leftist a city and you get a pile of bricks."
Old 04-27-2021, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Just a warning to Idaho, especially N. Idaho; I'll be moving up there in July...LOL.

I'm tired of you guys bragging about freedom, and guns you can own, and Constitutional carry, etc. So, I'm moving up to see what all the fuss is about.

I decided on the North mainly because after making three trips to Idaho I found a nice house that met our needs at a ridiculously high price, but doable and much less than our California house.

We were lucky to stumble across this place not on the market yet, nice homes at a decent price are hard to find right now in Idaho.

Anyway, looking forward to being an Idahoan.
Congrats. Hopefully you can vote out the Boise mayor out of office before she destroys rest of Idaho.
Old 04-27-2021, 1:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHeavyHitter View Post
I realize that you didn't ask me - but I'm going to say why I won't...

If I make my pistol an SBR, then I'll require ATF approval every time I want to cross state lines with it. Where I live, it's 4 miles to the state line and most of the places I shoot are on the other side of it..

Maybe I want to get fuel or some food or supplies on the way to go shooting. Since town sits on the state line, I'd be severely limited to where I could shop with an SBR in my vehicle (assuming I'd not filed a written request with the ATF to travel across the state line).

I'll stick with the brace, and YES - I carry the ATF approval letter with any such firearm at all times.
So...buy two. SBR one. Twice the fun, half the paperwork!

See how I spent more of your money?
Old 05-01-2021, 11:22 AM
Global Warming Enthusiast
CGN Contributor

Quote:
I've never been a liberal politically. I was somewhat socially liberal in my party days. But when I got married and had kids I got much more socially conservative.

I've voted Republican since I was 18. In truth I haven't trusted the GOP for years, but there is no alternative.

I don't fit in in Commiefornia any more. Was born here, I'll die in a free state, supporting freedom and conservative values.
Sums me up word for word. Go kick some *** OP.

Buy made in USA whenever possible.
Old 05-02-2021, 5:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Ono View Post
Congrats. Hopefully you can vote out the Boise mayor out of office before she destroys rest of Idaho.
I think that he is moving to northern Idaho (CDA area) so I doubt that he will be able to help vote the Boise mayor out of office.
Old 05-03-2021, 7:35 AM
Calguns Addict

Brother once you’re settled and have your state identifications, start shopping for your suppressor(s). I was in analysis paralysis for a long time, then once I decided which ones I wanted, they were impossible to get. I finally sourced mine and am in atf jail, I wish i could have made up my mind earlier. I did a ton of research. If you’d like my opinion, please feel free to pm me. Take care buddy, and welcome to Idahome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-03-2021, 7:42 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Ono View Post

Only residents of Boise can make that happen. There will be a full court press from conservative groups during her re-election.
The Capitol may reside in Boise, but Boise doesn’t run the state. The legislative districts in Boise will likely always remain democrat, but they are currently severely outnumbered in the state house. The real work is in our own legislative districts outside of Boise and the other college towns, to make sure we keep conservative republicans in OUR house seats and senate seats, and our city government.

Old 05-03-2021, 7:59 AM

Seen eating Sushi? Obviously from California! ;-)

Old 05-03-2021, 1:24 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Watch out all the members still stuck in Commiefornia will tell you “yeah watch out XYZ will be the same in XYZ years, they have no idea at all and are just ticked they’re stuck where they are.

The fact is any time not spent in that hole of a state is like fresh air. Period.
Old 05-03-2021, 1:31 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

A suppressed AR pistol on the nightstand for HD would be sweet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunndeal View Post
Stop digging.
Old 05-03-2021, 6:47 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by M76 View Post
A suppressed AR pistol on the nightstand for HD would be sweet

In 300bo with subsonics. They are amazingly quiet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk